1-08-03 Immunities for Survivor

Chicklet

plays well with self
(this is the first immunity for '03! hurah! let's get this show on the road!)

Immunities

1) Immunity points are awarded on a weekly basis. There will be a new thread posted in the Awards Forum for each weekly Immunity Guess.
2) There is no requirement to participate in Immunities. A contestant may forego all Immunity activity.
3) Immunities are won based on a weekly Lottery available here: http://lottery.merseyworld.com/
4) Contestants will select a single number between 1 and 49. Selected number will be posted by the contestant prior to Midnight GMT on Tuesday. That is Midnight in London between Tuesday and Wednesday. For the Timezone illiterate: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedform.html
5) Immunity will be awarded if contestant's guess matches any one of the winning numbers or the bonus ball listed at the top of the page at http://lottery.merseyworld.com/
6) Immunity points must be used by the close of immunity guesses listed in Immunities Rule #4. Contestants will report which category they will use their points in on that week's Immunity Thread.
7) Immunity points are only available for use in a category that has not been filled by a story or poem. For example, if you do not want to write and Incest story, use your immunity in that category.
8) Immunities will disqualify any future story from that category. Once the immunity is posted, that category is closed to submissions.
9) Immunities must be posted on the scoring sheet by midnight the Friday after the drawing.

You do not have to participate, and if you do, you don't have to accept the immunity!

Pick a number between 1 and 49, then post your guess here!

The list of weekly rollovers:

BlackSnake - 23
BlessedBe - 13
Chicklet - 36
DarlingNikki - 7
Deliciously_Naughty - 25
Indigo Sky - 12 - as of 1/15/03
JUDO - 29
Just-Legal - 19
Master_Vassago - 5
Miss_Taken - 32
Pretty_lil_Stranger - 23 - as of 1/15/03
PoliteSuccubus - 17
RisiaSkye - 13
Svenskaflicka - 9

If you're on this list and you'd like to change your number for the week, just post your new choice and that's the one in effect. If you'd like to change it for the rollover then post something to that effect. If you want to be added to this list, post that you want to be added.

You are responsible for your own immunities. You will not be notified that you have won and you must use your winning immunity in that week or lose it.

Last edited:
I'm going to choose 36 since it did so well for me last year, and make a special note to myself to keep myself on the rollovers list!

Chicklet

I would like 13. Is a "rollover" when you keep the same number each time? If so, I'd like to hang onto 13 through the year. :)

Thirteen is my year-long number, on rollover.
It's always been good to me.

Thanks,
RS

I frist had sex on Nov 17th
I got preg on June 17th
I frist felt my baby move on Nov 17
I had her on April 17
My mother was born April 17

I pick 17, it's been good to me so far.

we shared #'s last year = )

unless anyone has a problem with it...if people don't want to share #'s we can change that rule.

Chicklet

Assumeing that there are 49 numbers, and we might have more than 49 contestents........

Shareing numbers is a must.

no, but nearly every number was doubled. three or four people had 17, for instance.

Wouldn't it make the immunities more of a challenge (and an even competition) if we couldn't duplicate numbers? Unless, of course, we get over 49 authors.

Well, could have no doubling unless all numbers were used, but that would be tedious to have to go thu the whole thread looking.

So far Chicklet has kept track. All newcomers would have to do is read her first post. It just doesn't seem fair to me that 2 or more people could share a number...unless it becomes a necessity.

do the current results from saturday count? If so, I need to invoke an immunity today, before the new ones are posted. The date on the current ones are saturday 1/4/03. Or is it only the tuesday going into wednesday results that count? I'm new to this whole survivor thing so I need a little hand holding right now

Can I bag 19 please??

Please??

Pretty Please?

With Sugar and Bells on?????

:)

Question...

Chicklet said:

Immunities

4) Contestants will select a single number between 1 and 49. Selected number will be posted by the contestant prior to Midnight GMT on Tuesday. That is Midnight in London between Tuesday and Wednesday.

Okay, just so I got this straight... (The underlined part of the quote only...) When it is Midnight on Wednesday morning in London we go check their lotto for our numbers? ...Meaning, in Chicago, for example (my time zone), at 6pm Tuesday night I can go check the lotto site for my number since it will be Midnight on Wednesday in London?

Questions Answered

deliciously_naughty said:
do the current results from saturday count?

No, we're only counting Wednesday's drawings.

Originally posted by BlessedBe
it is Midnight on Wednesday morning in London we go check their lotto for our numbers?

No, that is just the deadline to make your guess. The numbers usually show up about 11 AM Pacific Time...I think = ) Some time during the day on Wed, that is.

Chicklet

BlessedBe said:
Wouldn't it make the immunities more of a challenge (and an even competition) if we couldn't duplicate numbers? Unless, of course, we get over 49 authors.
How does that make it more of a challenge, or more even? Numbers have an equal probability of appearing each week. So, those duplicates will get more than one person an immunity when they appear. Of course, they'll also ensure that more than one person *doesn't* get immunity when they don't appear.

And no, we didn't have more than 49 participants last year. But we did have twice as many participants as the year before. If that trend continues, we could easily have 49 or more by year's end this time around.

Then again, whatever.
Let me know if I have to change my number. Thirteen has always been my lucky number, and I've used it for more than a year. It'll take me some time to decide on a new one if I have to do so.

RS

Back