1984 Big Brother Job Julia-Nude Day

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
andtheend
andtheend
796 Followers

"Tell me more."

"I can't," he said. "All that I can tell you is that they'll be an upcoming announcement that you'll make, should you get the job, along with a public unveiling on July 14th, Nude Day, of all days," he said smiling with what he was about to say next, no doubt.

"Nude Day? Why that particular day?"

"Appropriately, it's the day that we all must stand naked to embrace whatever or whoever is out there in the vast universe."

"I see, so now you're getting into space exploration?"

"Why not? I've already conquered the world," he said almost bragging, "why not continue. Besides, it's my means to my end. It's always something that I wanted to do, even as a young boy. Coincidentally," he said beaming with a broad smile. "The project is named Julia."

"Julia?" She looked at him and smiled, before taking a nervous sip of her wine. Did he just name it that? She wasn't sure if he was serious or having a bit of fun with her. "Why that name?"

"You'll find out soon enough. You'll just have to trust me with the information for now," he said. "Yet, don't be so flattered. Much like the computer Hal, in the 2001 Space Odyssey, I chose the name Julia long before I met you."

She studied him, as if cramming for an exam. A new project named Julia? She wondered what it was. All this time she thought this interview had been a serendipitous stroke of good luck and now she realized that this interview had been prearranged and was by no accident. With all that he had at his disposal, he had searched for her, she now assumed. Now that he found her, he didn't have to tell her because it was then that she realized she was hired for the job.

She wished she had read his unauthorized biography, but she didn't know she was going to meet him in person. She never expected him to conduct the interview. Had she known he'd be here, she would have better prepared her responses.

She knew the worst thing she could do in an interview is to seem disinterested by not asking him questions. She racked her brain for the questions appropriate for such a man. Only, bigger than life, he intimated her and made her nervous. She couldn't think. She was having trouble focusing on anything but him. She was having a difficult time trying to read him, while trying to think of what to ask him and he was already a dozen moves ahead of her.

Her attention drifted, along with her inability to focus. She couldn't help but notice his watch. She'd never seen a watch so intricate in detail. It was more than a mere watch. It was beautiful. It was art.

Mesmerized by the splendor of it, she imagined it cost a bundle, more money than she'd earn in a year without doubt. She wondered what it was. She wondered what it cost. Definitely, by the look of it, it was platinum and she was right about that. Only, she'd fall off her chair if she knew that it was a one of a kind, custom created, handmade, Patek Philippe's Platinum World Time piece that cost a cool 4 million dollars and monitors 24 time zones. Figuring there were only six time zones, she didn't even know there were 24 time zones to monitor. As her employer, as he mentor, he could teach her so much.

"Interesting," she said, already in a quandary how to maintain the interest of such a successful and busy man, who could get anyone to work for him, at any time.

Wanting to instantly find the perfect balance to compliment his karma, she didn't want to come off as being too smart or too dumb. She needed to find a balance. She needed for him to like her. She needed to show him that she was compatible and amenable to whatever he needed her to do, short of having sex with him.

Only, she didn't know that he had already chosen her. She already had the job and this interview was merely a formality. He only needed to learn the one piece of information that he couldn't read and that didn't translate on paper. He needed to know what she was like in person and he needed to meet her for that.

With all the resources available to him, she should have known that he was the one who had reached out and found her, and not, as she had thought, was the other way around. Too naive and too trusting, she had a lot to learn. Only, quick on her feet, she was a quick study and a perfect match for the job.

Conversely, he was the one now being interviewed. Teetering on the fact that she could reject him by his aloofness and his myopic obsessive compulsion to micromanage and control everything, no doubt, he was the one being judged, now, not her. Yet, no one could ever tell that from his calm confidence and self-assured demeanor that, he admitted later, he feared losing her by her rejection. After reading the biography of her presented to him by his security people, it was obvious to him from the information presented to him, before they even met, that they'd make for a good team.

On paper, he found her remarkable. Watching the video taken by his people without her knowledge, he found her exciting. In person, she was everything he had hoped she'd be. And her name was Julia. Unbelievable. Her name was Julia. Call it kismet, call it fate, call it his occasion to celebrate the next chapter of his success, but the stars were aligned for Julia to take the helm on his multi-billion dollar corporation, one day soon.

He was already chomping at the bit to take the next step from fiber optics to what he named as Intuitive Communications. Something the Air Force has been toying with and perfecting in fighter planes, the power of controlling communications and inanimate machinery by human thought, he'd be the first to have it available to the general public, but at such a high price it'd be only for the very rich. Eventually, everyone could afford intuitive communications, but not for another decade, after his patent expired and after it was mass marketed and mass produced.

In the meantime, he'd own the patent rights to it. Only, he needed to be free from Monitor, Inc. The same with his new company. After Intuitive Communications was up and running, Julia, his pet project, is what he really wanted to spend the rest of his days developing. Julia was his destiny, what he was meant to create and do, and his way to connect Earth with the rest of the universe. It had been 62 years since George Orwell wrote his 1984 book in 1948, and now thanks to Monitor, Intuitive Communications, and his new project Julia, 1984 was finally a reality in 2010.

One step at a time, baby steps, instead of giant leaps, he was still Chairman of the Board of Monitor, Inc. He needed someone else to handle the every day-to-day details and time consuming minutia, while he worked on bigger things. Intuitive TV, Intuitive telephone, Intuitive Internet, and Intuitive Worldwide Communications, the name of his newly created corporation, is what he developed now to eventually replace the aging technology of Monitor, Inc. All of this, Monitor, Inc. and now Intuitive Worldwide Communications, was so that he could earn enough revenue to work on his beloved project, Julia.

Although, he was a billionaire many times over, after Monitor, Inc. made him so rich, it was Intuitive Worldwide Communications that would give him the vast reserves of cash that he'd need to explore outer space. The pet project that he so longed to start, but was unable to develop, until he had the money and now he did. Even though, intuitive communications was the next technological in his worldwide communication company, his means to an end, Julia was the one thing that raced his pulse. Julia was his way to not only explore the vast universe but also to communicate with alien beings.

He knew other life forms were out there. They had visited here before. We have documented proof of their numerous visitations. If they had visited here before, hopefully, he can entice them to visit us again. Just as they helped Earthlings then, with their advanced technologies, maybe they could help him now in his quest to create new technology.

Only, what if he was chasing himself, his own ancestors? What if there are no aliens, just Earthlings. What if those who had been here before were Earthlings, humans, returning here from our future to their past? A difficult hypothesis, it's a concept that took Albert Einstein to theorize and explain.

A thousand years from now, just as we can travel to space, who knows what we will accomplish by then. Maybe the aliens he is looking for aren't there, yet, because, unless he can travel faster than the speed of light to the future, he'd never see them. Theoretically, if he could travel faster than the speed of light, if he had the technology to go back in time, then he could travel back far enough in time to meet his ancestors. Perhaps, that is what those future visitors did, traveled back in time to help the Egyptians build the pyramids.

Perhaps, they were here trying to change the outcome or fix something that would have adverse consequences in the future or even destroy the future of the planet. Who knows? Yet, he needed to find out and to discover the mysteries of the universe, it would take money, even more money than he had right now. Unfortunately, even more important than money was time.

Julia was in its infancy and he feared not living long enough to see it come to its final conclusion. He already had readied his satellite, his high powered transmission beam, his sensitive receiver antenna, and his state of the art science lab. Of course, he had a support team of scientists and astronomers in place to monitor and analyze any transmissions received, but Julia, still in its infancy, was more than a lifetime project, many lifetimes away.

With the closest star 4 light years away and with the speed of light traveling at only 186,000 miles an hour, well, you do the math. For his beam to reach the stars, even at the speed of light, it would take more than a thousand years. Until he was somehow able to make his beam travel faster than the speed of light he was stuck with old technology looking to the stars for new. He was hoping for quicksilver, a lightning strike, and communicating with an alien space craft that was much closer than the nearest star.

Looking up to the Heavens, instead of looking at all that he's accomplished in the past on Earth, not taking a rest to enjoy life, he had so much more, yet, to do and so little time left to do it. Julia, literally and figuratively, was his way to do all that he needed, wanted, and yearned to do. He hadn't amassed his wealth to spend it foolishly on big houses, luxurious yachts, fancy cars, and fast women. Living a modest lifestyle, living life unpretentiously, as if a millionaire, instead of a billionaire, he accumulated his wealth to buy the information he needed to answer all the questions he had.

Much in the way that Jerry Lewis devoted his time, his talent, and his energy to save children by finding a cure to Muscular Dystrophy, Jerick Blankenship, used his power, influence, and money to find those puzzle pieces he needed to know. He still had the same questions that went unanswered by his teachers, when he was a boy. Why are we here and are we alone?

No one could give him the answers that satisfied his curiosity and it was only recently that scientists have come up with plausible answers to the Big Bang theory. Now they believe that space is actually expanding and not shrinking. Further, to travel in space further and faster, they now believe that space is bendable, much like paper and there are inherent shortcuts, wormholes that we can go from one place in space to another, without having to take a longer and less direct route. Finally, by the evidence that has always been there in plain sight, they believe that not only are we not alone but also that we have been visited.

Yet, not to diminish what he had already done and all that he was yet to develop, it was Julia that would put his name in the history books, right next to the famed physicists, Galileo, Isaac Newton, Albert Einstein, and Stephen Hawkings. Not a scientist himself, but a creative and insightful businessman, Intuitive Worldwide Communications was something that even George Orwell couldn't have imagined. Project Julia was his shining star to the future to finally find out what had happened in the past. Instead of looking back to learn what would happen in the future, he looked ahead to discover what happened in the past.

Assuredly intuitive communication was the next step, the future, in telecommunications and he'd own it. His competition would have to ask his permission for him to license them and for them to access what he developed. He'd be the new Ma Bell with every communication device manufactured by all companies worldwide, from cell phones to television transmissions to the Internet, flowing through him.

The hub of the telecommunications universe, that is, until his patent rights expired in seven years, they'd all be at his whimsy and mercy. A giant step ahead of the competition, by then, he'd be off doing something else, inventing something new, and developing the future with Project Julia. If it didn't make him look so crazy, he'd stand on the table and laugh with glee. The giants of the communication industry all wished they were him, do doubt.

She had never met a billionaire before and JB was one of the richest of the rich. For him to take more than a passing interest in her, for him to take the time to interview her was something she never thought would happen. To be honest, even if she got the job, she never thought she'd meet him. She figured he'd be too insulated and too busy to take the time to meet her. Now, admittedly, if hired, she discerned that they'd have a close working, as well as, an intimate personal relationship, but she figured he'd have sent one of his flunkies to conduct her interview and then report back to him.

Decidedly easier for her to win his approval by having him conduct the interview personally, she was glad that she wouldn't have to prolong the interviewing process by winning over an intermediary, first. Even though she was pressured now to win his approval, she wouldn't have the stress of wondering if she'd get a chance at a second interview with him later; that interview was happening now. Without doubt, it was decidedly more nerve wracking for her to sit before the supreme judge, the one making the decision, the great Jerick Blankenship, of whether or not she was right for the job. Yet, if that's what it takes to work for the man, then she was up for the challenge.

It would have been much worse, had she had the first interview with a subordinate of his company, while waiting for the phone to ring telling her she won a second interview with him. Now, she just has to wait to hear if she got the job, even though she was sure she had. Nonetheless, she was glad for a face to face chance to sell herself, while knowing that, when she left here, she'd, no doubt, know if he liked her on not. Maybe, before leaving the restaurant, she'd even know if she got the job or not.

She was surprised, when he entered the restaurant with his entourage of personal secretaries, aids, and security force, wired and packing as much heat as the secret service. Immediately, she recognized him, in his ten thousand dollar, no doubt, handmade blue, silk suit, as if there was a spotlight on him. Too nervous to notice, she hadn't realized the restaurant had been hired for the night and closed off to the public.

Certainly, if working for him, that would have to change. She'd have to have eyes behind her head. Just like him with having an inherent element of surprise, she'd have to work on never being flustered. Never allowing anyone to see her coming, she'd have to be two steps ahead of everyone else with her next chess move.

Except for his staff and the few restaurant personnel, they sat alone. She watched as his small army of people descended upon the restaurant and did their job inconspicuously, while staying in the background and doting on him without interrupting his private conversation and ruining his train of thought. Well orchestrated with everyone trained to do their job, they disappeared in the background, as if they were invisible.

Curious, as to know how his employer/employee interrelationships worked, she watched how his people treated him, treated one another, and more importantly, how he treated them. If given the job, she'd be in charge of all these people, no doubt. She'd be his right arm person, his executive, personal and private assistant. Privy to everything, she'd know him, as well as he knows himself.

"A critical moment and my defining time, it all started percolating, when I was a young boy and read, what was to be, my favorite book, 1984, by George Orwell," he said appearing, as if he had related this story many times before. Only, in fact, she'd be surprised to learn later, that he had never told anyone this revealing bit of personal information, but her. "Feeling as if the writer was writing about me and writing my story, I loved the main character, Winston Smith. That book formulated my destiny. I imagined that I was him then," he said.

"Yes, that was a great book," she said fluffing off what he told her and not realizing what he said was the foundation for Project Julia. "I remember reading Animal Farm, by him, also," she said remembering the premise of the book, but not really remembering if she read 1984 or not.

For someone so smart, so educated, and so logical, she should have known what she was getting into, when JB confessed to her, while sharing his thoughts over lunch, that his favorite book was George Orwell's 1984 and confided in her that his favorite character was Winston Smith. Only, as does everyone else, who meets Julia, someone so alluringly beautiful, even though she has a master's degree from Harvard in business, they underestimate her. Surely, someone so beautiful in face and body, cannot have the intelligence to match. No one has the whole package, do they?

She must have a weak link something. Surely, there's something wrong with her. She must be limited somewhere, flawed someway, and failing somehow. How can anyone so gifted, be so perfect? Yet, she was. Only, JB didn't underestimate her.

The fact that others would underestimate her was one of the traits that he loved about her. For sure, they'd never see her coming. A shining star before them, they'd be too blinded by her bright light, her physical beauty, to consider her sharp mind.

"Did you know that Julia was the name of Winston Smith's love interest?"

He looked at her with unblinking eyes, while reaching for his wine glass. Never taking his eyes off of her, he lifted the glass to his lips and took a slow sip of wine, as if taking a slow sip of her.

She knew the wine was expensive. Only, it would be too rude to ask the price. Yet, never having had a glass of wine, such as the one she was having now, if someone was to ask her if she wanted to finish the bottle of this fine wine or have hot sex with a handsome and generous lover, she'd chose the wine. With all the aged fruity flavors exploding in her mouth, fighting the desire to chew it, the wine went down like a full course meal, before going straight to her head.

"No, I didn't know that," she said suddenly feeling uncomfortable by his leering stare and feeling, as if she was playing a part and was a character in the modern day movie that they were making for television of 1984, aptly named 2010. She half expected the director to yell, "Cut."

Was he hitting on her? Was this more about her outside appearance than it was about her abilities and about the job that she could do for him? It was then that she wished she wasn't so beautiful. Her looks interfered with her getting work, as much as it did helping her to get the interview. Why else would he make the connection and mention that his favorite character, a character he felt the writer wrote about him, had a love interest named Julia, if he wasn't hitting on her?

andtheend
andtheend
796 Followers