A Bartender, Drinks, and a Date Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Tony155
Tony155
1,225 Followers

"There weren't any good times that I can remember. Listen to me and listen well. I don't want to talk to you. I don't want to know you. I don't want you to ever come near me again. You are not welcome here nor anywhere else where I might be. And I want you to stop calling me. I do not want you in my life, ever. I thought I made that clear in the courtroom."

Jeremy smiled, but there was no happiness in his eyes. "Pretty harsh words there, Shannon. Come on, loosen up a little. All I want to do is talk, you know, get to know each other again."

Shannon glanced to Nick again and could see Stan out of the corner of her eye also.

"Do you not understand what I said? I do not want to talk to you, nor do I want anything to do with you. I want you out of my life and I want you to stay out of my life. Have I made myself clear?"

"Crystal clear," he replied, smiling as his clear blue eyes began to cloud over in hatred.

"I've got work to do," she said as she walked to the other side of the bar.

"Suit yourself, cunt," Jeremy mumbled as she turned away.

The night seemed to drag on and on for Nick as he tried to keep an eye on Shannon and Jeremy without making it look too obvious. Jeremy appeared to be behaving himself, although Nick could see him say something to Shannon every time she was near him. Just by her body language, Nick could tell she was scared, but she never let on.

A few minutes after midnight, all of the water he had been drinking that evening decided it was time to evacuate the premises. The line in the small bathroom wasn't too long and he was out in about five minutes. As he sat down at his stool, he looked to the seat where Jeremy had been seated and it was empty, his half-full bottle of beer still on the bar. Shannon wasn't behind the bar, either.

Nick thought briefly, wondering what to do. He scanned the dance floor, billiards tables, and dart board area and did not see Jeremy anywhere. He did not remember seeing him in the bathroom as he looked quickly around again. Stan was busy at the doorway with new arrivals.

Deciding not to wait any longer, Nick walked towards the hallway to which led to the kitchen and supply room. A waitress, a lively redhead named Hilary came from the kitchen. She smiled at Nick as she came closer.

"Have you seen Shannon?" he asked as she passed.

"She's in the storage room."

"Thanks."

He strode quickly down the dimly lit hall until he came to the doorway of the storage room. It was closed when he got there. His heart beginning to pound, Nick sensed danger since it was never shut. He tried the knob, but it was locked from the inside. Nick was sure something was wrong now as he tried the knob once more without success.

"Shannon!"

Nothing.

Nick took a step back ready to kick the door, but saw something out of the corner of his eye from the right. Stan was hurrying down the hall towards him, alarm written all over his face.

"It's locked," Nick hissed.

Not hesitating for a second, Stan barreled into the door with his shoulder, breaking the doorjamb into splinters with a loud crash.

Looking left and right, Nick almost missed Shannon huddled in the far corner, her knees drawn to her chest.

"Shannon, are you okay?" Nick asked softly.

Shannon glanced to her left before looking up to him. Nick followed her eyes and saw the crumpled heap of Jeremy on the floor, his head bloody and glass all around.

"I think I killed him," she whispered, her voice trembling. Even though the thought scared her, she still hoped the bastard was dead.

Nick moved quickly to her side and gathered her in his arms while Stan checked on Jeremy. Not saying anything, Nick held her close as he watched Stan moving about her assailant.

"He's breathing," Stan announced. "He's just knocked out." He pulled out his phone and dialed the police.

Nick turned his attention back to Shannon, who was now starting to cry against his chest. Nick held her close, letting her torrent of grief flow from her eyes. Her shoulders heaved and convulsed as he gently rocked her in his arms and kissed the top of her head.

After a few minutes of crying, Shannon sighed in Nick's arms. Still in shock from her ordeal, she pushed away and looked at Jeremy. Stan had gone back to the front to alert the boss and prepare for the police and ambulance's arrival.

"Are you okay?" he asked gently.

Shannon nodded. "He followed me when I needed to get more whiskey," she began, her voice trembling. "I was so scared. I didn't know what to do." She absently wiped her tear-stained eyes with the back of her hand. "He pushed me and locked the door behind him. I didn't know what he had in mind..." Her voice trailed.

The faint sound of sirens could be heard in the distance. Nick glanced at Jeremy, who was still motionless on the cold cement floor, his breathing deep and regular.

"I...I wasn't going to give him a chance to do anything," Shannon continued. "I just grabbed the first bottle I could find and hit him with it." She smiled faintly. "I guess I surprised him. I never fought back before."

Nick pulled her to him and hugged her tight. "I'm so sorry," he whispered.

"For what?"

"For not being here."

"You were here the whole night."

"But not when you really needed me."

Shannon pushed away again and looked at Nick. He looked miserable and it broke her heart. His eyes were brimming with tears at the thought of her being in danger.

"You're here now and that's all that matters," she replied. "You can't be with me every second of every day."

"I know, but..."

Shannon leaned forward and kissed him to try to quell his fears . "I love you, Nick," she said softly when their lips parted. "I'll always love you."

Before he could answer, they heard the footsteps of people coming down the hallway. Nick helped Shannon to her feet as Stan led the police officers and paramedics into the storeroom.

It would be over an hour before the last officer departed and they were free to go. She gave Stan a warm hug as they left, stepping out into a clear, star-lit morning. They drove to Nick's house in silence, her hand resting on his.

Many thoughts raced through his mind as he drove. Thoughts of Shannon being in danger made him sick to his stomach. Feelings of guilt washed over him for not protecting her when she needed him the most. And feelings of the utmost relief were mixed in, knowing she was out of danger for the time being. He knew Jeremy wouldn't be in jail very long. He could only be charged with a misdemeanor assault. Because of his previous abuse of Shannon, he could possibly be sentenced for ninety days, but Nick doubted it. From his experience in probation, he knew judges in their county were reluctant to lock up criminals, preferring to give them probation. Nick could only hope for a sentence. Maybe that would deter Jeremy from bothering Shannon again. He could only hope.

His mind raced back to when they first met and how reluctant he was to get serious with her, or anyone for that matter. Commitment was the last thing on his mind at that time, but now, it weighed heavily. Nick knew he had to have Shannon in his life all of the time. He knew he couldn't bear to be without her and not have her near him all the time.

He never thought it possible and just a few months before would have thought himself as crazy to have such a wild notion as commitment and love. Those two words had not been part of his vocabulary for a long time, but now, it was all he could think of.

They pulled into his driveway minutes later and they were still silent as Nick switched off the engine. Her hand was clasped around his tightly as she stared at his outline in the darkness.

"I'm tired," she said softly. "Let's go in."

"Okay," he replied, his mind full of things to say.

Once inside, Shannon collapsed on the sofa, unbuttoning her blouse as she settled. "God, I need a shower," she exclaimed, "but I'm too tired to do it."

"I'll give you a hand," Nick suggested.

"I'd love that, but I'm too tired," she replied, knowing full well what his being in the shower with her would usually lead to.

"Come on," he implored, reaching for her. "It'll relax you. Besides," he smiled, "I'm too tired for anything else, too."

"Really?"

"Really."

The shower was exactly what she needed. True to his word, Nick was all business as he soaped her. Even in his exhausted state, he still managed a semi-erection as he cleansed her breasts and private areas.

Shannon laughed lightly at the sight and shook her head. "Only you," she mused.

Nick smiled and gently kissed each nipple before telling her to rinse. While she rinsed, Nick quickly soaped himself and was almost finished by the time Shannon turned back to face him.

"I'm going to dry off," she said tiredly before kissing him lightly.

"I'm almost done," he said. "I'll be out in a minute."

"Okay."

A short while later, Nick slipped under the covers and into the arms of Shannon. "I don't want to work today," she whispered. "I want to stay with you all day in bed. I want you to make love to me all morning and not stop. I need you so much!"

"I need you, too. More than anything," he replied. "There's something I need to say to you." Nick raised his head from her breast.

"What is it?" she asked.

Nick reached behind him and switched on the small lamp. Shannon's covers had fallen to her waist and her sweet breasts hung loosely as she propped herself on her elbow.

God, she's so pretty, Nick thought to himself as he stared at her for an instant. He reached forward and touched her cheek.

"I've been thinking about this for awhile," he began, his words coming out slow and cautiously, "but now I'm sure."

He looked down for a second before meeting her eyes once again. "I never thought I would be saying this. I need you, Shannon. I need you and I love you more than anyone I've ever known. You're all I think about and I have to have you in my life all the time. You mean so much to me and I can't waste another day not waking up next to you."

Nick paused briefly.

"Please tell me you'll marry me."

Shannon blinked as if she hadn't heard correctly. "What?" She sat up and looked at him. "What did you say?"

"I want you to marry me," he replied.

Shannon's hand flew to her mouth as the realization struck. She gulped and tried to catch her breath. She couldn't believe he said that. He couldn't have said that. Not Nick. Not the Nick she knew. But then, she saw the look he was giving her and she knew he was serious. Shannon knew the events of the evening had a little to do with his decision, but she knew he loved her. He would never lie to her about his feelings and if he told her he wanted to marry her, he was being truthful. She knew how difficult it was for him to open up his heart to her and Shannon was forever grateful for the effort he put forth in their relationship. He was everything to her.

Shannon took her hand from her mouth and touched Nick's face as she smiled. In the back of her mind, she knew Jeremy would not be away forever and perhaps she would have to deal with him again. She hoped not, but one never knew in this crazy world. But, she did know the person next to her loved her unconditionally and without reservation. With that knowledge, she knew she could handle anything. Shannon stroked his cheek lightly before kissing him.

"You know I will," she said sweetly before kissing him again.

Tony155
Tony155
1,225 Followers
12