A Beautiful Wish Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
800IbGorrila
800IbGorrila
1,126 Followers

The children marched in a long line to their respective spots on the bleachers. As they passed him, a few of them greeted him excitedly. He managed to wave. His responsibilities brought him around, but his feelings weren't going away.

He was so preoccupied that he didn't hear Linda approach. She put a hand on his shoulder, which startled him. "You OK, George?" she asked.

"No," he said a little too forcefully.

"You wanna talk about it?"

"No. I'll deal with it. Sorry I stormed off."

"No you're not," she corrected, "and you shouldn't be. You know, we train others in how they should treat us. It's OK to let people know when they're hurting you."

George took a heavy breath and looked out the window. "What am I doing wrong, Linda? Am I that repulsive?"

"You're definitely not repulsive. You're just..." she paused as she searched for the right word. But she gave up after a long few moments. "Look, if you really want to fit in, don't back down. Don't let it go anymore. It's like when a dog smells fear."

George nodded. He knew she was right, but part of him didn't want to bother being friends with his coworkers. He wanted to like them, but he didn't, and that hurt more than anything. But he did want to be friends with Linda.

"I'm gonna call them over. You ready?" she asked as she grasped her whistle.

"Yeah," he straightened up and stretched his arms over his head.

"Oh, and I'm going to be helping you today. Looks like Rocko is planning on testing his class to see if they are ready to move into yours. I have a feeling you're going get a helluva lot busier."

"Whatever, if he doesn't want 'em, I'll gladly take 'em."

She smiled. "That's why I like you George." She patted his bicep, but George thought her hand lingered a bit too long for a mere consolation. She left to greet the children, and direct them to their classes.

"Master?" came Dawn's voice into his mind.

Startled, George looked up, as if she would be hiding just above and behind him. "Oh, hi Dawn? Everything alright?"

"Well, sort of."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, I do not want to alarm you, but your sisters have not arrived yet. Is that a cause for concern?"

This did trouble George. While his step-father had never been the most dependable man with George, he was pretty good about getting his sisters back to their mother on time.

"It's not good, that's for sure. Would you do me a favor and call mom, let her know what's up?"

"Yes, Master. It will be done."

"Master again, huh?"

"Oh, sorry George, I must have reverted to Genie mode."

"It's fine Babe, you can call me whatever you like. Are you enjoying the work so far at least?"

"Oh! It is wonderful! They are all so cute!"

George had to stop himself from laughing out loud. "You say that now. Wait till they all need to go to the bathroom, at once."

"Hey! I do not require your negativity, Mr. George."

George noticed that the children were starting to form around him to receive his instructions. He had to focus, and get rid of his spacey smile, a byproduct of talking with Dawn. "I have to go, Babe. We can talk more later."

"Me too, we are about to do some finger painting. But before I do, remember that, no matter what others think, you still have me."

That hit the spot. He felt his aggravation draining out of him, and a sudden warmheartedness in its place.

------------------------

George's classes were filled to the breaking point. Rocko hadn't sent up half his class. He sent all but three, which left Rocko and the twins with a student each. George was suddenly in charge of half the entire pool. It startled him during the first period when it was only three groups in the pool, but he was managing. But Rocko did it again during second period, when there were four groups. Without Linda backing him up, there would have been no way he could have maintained order with so many students. George would periodically glance over at Rocko lounging in the water with his handful of students and his two lovely assistants, and wonder why Linda didn't call him on it.

Meanwhile, he was forced to scrap his game of steal the bacon and reverted to doing lengths. Lengths were boring, and made it impossible to give real instruction to anyone in particular. But it was the only way to get the new students up to speed. They were woefully unprepared for swimming in the deep end, and George had to run a separate line next to the ledge of the pool so they could grab hold if they tired.

In between the second and third period, George took Linda aside and asked, "Ma'am, is this one of those times when I'm supposed to assert myself?"

"To who? Rocko? It wouldn't do any good. He'd just use this as fodder to call you pussy," she said as she made some notes on her clipboard.

"But I'm a pussy if I don't stand up for myself. Right?"

She groaned in exasperation. "Look, there is something you need to learn, George. Sometimes, you need to choose between losing a little, and losing a lot. Rocko has us beat, for now. He knows that if we can't handle this many kids, he wins. He also knows that if we don't handle them by ourselves, he also wins. So, either we lose a little by suffering through it, or we let him win big by making him into the hero that bails us out."

Losing a little, or losing a lot. George didn't like it. "At least we're troopers then. Is that what you're saying?"

"That's right. I'm not giving him the satisfaction of helping us. He doesn't deserve the honor. He'll get his, we just have to bide our time, and wait for a battle we can win."

"Great, so what am I supposed to do now? I thought we were supposed to give more detailed instruction? How can I do that if he doesn't do his part?"

She looked over at Rocko, who was gossiping with the ladies, with a look of defeat. "I wouldn't worry about him, George. These things have a way of working themselves out," she said somberly.

George was confused. "What does that mean?"

"It means, don't worry about it. Okay? I got Rocko covered." She walked away from George, in much the same way Karen had walked away from him before. The shame on her face was impossible to conceal. George was starting to realize just how far out of the loop he really was.

Third period came and went in much the same way. Rocko passed along more than half his students, and George and Linda suffered through it. All the while, George couldn't shake the nagging worry for his sisters. There was still no sign of them. He wanted to leave so he could call his mother, but that would have left Linda all by herself.

As the period was drawing to a close, George began to realize that in just a few minutes, Dawn would be coming in with Group A. But of course, those last few minutes of the period dragged on as if they were hours. He couldn't help himself. Despite the overcrowding, he was giddy with anticipation.

Linda finally blew the whistle to end third period. George took a moment to grab some water from his bag. Rocko and his posse were laughing just as he passed by.

"So, Dumpy," that must have been Rocko's label of the day, "Are we gonna meet this girlfriend of yours today. Or do you need to go home and blow her up?" Eric high-fived him.

Blow-up dolls. That gave George one of the best ideas he ever had in his entire life.

"Dawn?"

"Hi, George!"

"Hi! I have a quick question. Could I wish for a sex toy for someone else?"

Tingle. "I suppose..."

"Good. I wish that Rocko always have a blow-up doll handy. There should be one in his gym bag, his locker, his glove compartment, and let's put one in his wallet too. Naturally, they should inflate automatically whenever he opens those containers, for ease of use, you know."

Tingle. "It is done. Should I be worried here?"

"Nah, I'm just asserting myself, that's all."

George rummaged through his bag nonchalantly, "She's on her way up. But hey, can I ask you a favor?"

Rocko's smirk disappeared, "Me? A favor?"

"Yeah. I was wondering, since you aren't using them and I need to get in the water for the little kids, if I could use your goggles? I forgot mine." George did his best to sound sincere, and secretly prayed that Rocko would take the bait.

Rocko thought for a second. "Why the fuck not?" he said finally. "You look like you need all the help you can get."

Rocko reached for his bag. No sooner had he torn open the zipper than a life size blow up doll, complete with the O-face, inflated almost like a car's airbag.

Rocko jumped back. "What the fuck!" he screamed.

Michelle pointed and laughed, "Why do you have a fucking blow-up doll in your bag, Rock?"

"It ain't mine, slut!"

"Hey, don't call her that!" yelled Danielle.

Eric picked it up. "Dude, this is pretty nice," he whispered.

The rest of the crew stared at him in disbelief.

"What? It is! Oh, don't look at me like that, you know what I meant."

George did his best not to laugh. "So... no goggles?"

Rocko glared at him.

"George!" cried Dawn. She rushed from the long line of campers emerging from the locker room and almost tackled George. He embraced her without hesitation, forgetting all about the collection of on-lookers behind him. He was about to ask her how her day was going, but Dawn pulled him down for a smooch before he could get the words out.

"Hello Hotstuff," she sang. She was dressed for the pool, with her hair down and nothing but her bikini. A white towel was draped over her arm.

"Hello back. How's your day going?"

"Excellent. I cannot believe I am getting paid for this. I just wish I could meet your sisters already. The anticipation is killing me."

George suddenly remembered, and felt guilty for forgetting. "Oh, have you heard anything then?"

"Mom is on it. She did not sound pleased on the phone." Dawn became aware of the crowd watching them and gave a tentative wave.

"Oh, yeah! Let me introduce to the guards." He led her over to the group and began introductions. "This is Christine, Beth, Russell, Erica, Rocko, Michelle and Danielle..."

"I'm Michelle. She's Danielle," she interrupted with a scowl. Both the twins had their arms crossed, and eyed up Dawn like she had worn the same outfit.

"Right, sorry. And that's Eric."

Eric was still holding on to the blow-up doll, a fact that hadn't dawned on him until he was being introduced. He hastily hid it behind his back.

"Everybody, this is Dawn."

Dawn waved happily, "Hi guys."

They all waved back, some more enthusiastically than others. After that there was a long awkward silence. It seemed nobody knew what to think. Rocko clearly didn't believe what he was seeing. He was almost dismissive of her. The rest of the guards seemed more receptive. But nobody was happy or impressed, or even envious.

The scene wasn't at all like he had imagined it. They were supposed to drop down and worship him like a god for acquiring such a lovely specimen. He wanted them to at least envy him. There was a certain amount pride at stake that he desperately wanted to collect. But standing there in front of his peers, some of whom he detested, gave him pause. This was only supposed to be an introduction, not a showcase. He adored Dawn, more than any other, but he felt like he was using her as a trophy. This wasn't like him, and he hated it.

Dawn was the first to speak, "Well, It has been nice meeting you all, but I need to get back to work. I am sure it will be fun working together." She turned to George and added, "Would you mind if I participated in your lesson George? I am, um... a bit hazy on my strokes."

"Hmm? Oh, yeah, sure that's fine. I'll be right over."

George watched her prance back to her group. "So, that's her." he said simply.

"Dude, hirin' a whore is pretty low, even for you," sneered Rocko.

If there was one thing George could count on, it was Rocko's lack of an inner voice. "What the fuck, man," he yelled. "Why would you even say that?"

"Cuz she's way too hot to be hangin' around you, unless you're payin' her."

Attacking him was one thing, but attacking Dawn was another. George became so furious that he forgot where he was. He couldn't even yell, just seethe. "So I'm a loser, which means she must be a whore? You're a real piece of work, Rock."

They looked away from him uncomfortably, all except Rocko. "Hey, don't get angry at me. I didn't make you that way."

One of the twins piped up, "You have to admit, George, it's a bit suspicious." The other one picked up, "You never had a girl before in your life, and then all of a sudden you're dating... that?"

That was it then, it didn't matter what he did, what he looked like, or who else liked him, they'd always find a reason to keep him down. George had never wanted to fight someone in all his life, but he knew that there was a time and place for everything.

"Fine," he said quietly, "fuck you guys then." He was resigned to his role as omega. It was clear to him that without some invasive wishes, they would never accept him. He picked up his things and placed them on the window sill, as far away from them as possible.

Beth stepped forward, "George, wait... "

"Oh, let the whale go," yelled Rocko. Beth stopped and hung her head low.

"I am sorry, Master."

"You saw that huh?"

"Yes. I was trying to impress them for you, but I must have over done it. I beg your forgiveness."

"Stop that, Dawn. You know that I don't blame you."

"Yes, but... George, do I really look like whore?"

"You look beautiful. Don't listen to them."

"Alright, just remember to do the same."

The lesson was crowded, but much easier and more enjoyable thanks to Linda and Dawn. While George ran through a quick lesson, the women kept order on the deck. Dawn's handling of the children was masterful, especially considering it was her first day. Whenever one of them would lose interest or get rowdy, she'd redirect their energy towards George. She never had to threaten them, or bargain with them. They adored her, and therefore adored whatever she thought was interesting.

Dawn confided in him that it was the first time she had ever gone swimming, and was worried that she would make him look bad. But she picked up on everything in record time. She also asked great questions. Her hand went up, and she would shout, "Mister George!" She asked about anything that one of her campers was having trouble with, taking the problem on as her own. Helping her was also a great opportunity to touch her under a professional guise. George didn't begrudge her when she needed him to show her one more time.

There was one thing nagging him though. Karen was usually the one to help him with his lessons. It had always been the highlight of his day. While Dawn was an ample substitute, he was worried that he had pushed Karen away. Twice during the lesson, Dawn whispered to him that Karen was watching him. But when he threw a casual glance in her direction, she was either playing cards with one of the children who wasn't swimming that day, or reading a book. He resolved to talk more about it with Dawn. He just didn't know what to do.

It was the quickest lesson of George's short career, with Linda blowing the whistle after what felt like only five minutes, when forty had actually passed. He escorted group A to the locker room entrance. When no one was looking, Dawn pinched George's behind.

"I think it may be my turn to teach you a few things, what do you think?"

He laughed, "I think it's going to be a slow day."

"Aww George, who says we have to wait until after work?"

"Says our boss. I kinda have to be here in order to get paid."

"Hmm," she pouted. "It is a shame that my Master is not more creative. Just thinking about all the fun he is missing makes me sad."

"Wait, you're saying there is a way to work, and... " he stopped as a stray camper rushed by them.

Dawn dashed off to the women's locker room. "Sorry George, you will just have to figure that out on your own. See you at lunch." She disappeared behind the wall.

----------------------

George had never eaten lunch with the campers before. He was always unsure if it was appropriate, or if he would be in the way, or if they would even let him. Beth, Erica, Linda and Christine always did it, but they were everyone's darlings. Beth had a younger brother in group D, so she usually ate with him. Erica liked to sit with the older kids, and Christine usually sat with her. George had the feeling that Christine would have preferred to stay in the pool area to eat, but Erica insisted that she sit with her and enjoy being ogled. Being on the cusp, or sometimes the apex, of puberty, the boys and girls of group K revered the young women as both examples and sex objects. It made Christine uncomfortable, she didn't seem like the type who could take objectification as well as her friend. Being the homecoming queen, it was second nature to Erica.

As he approached the picnic area just out the back door of the pool's atrium, George scanned the tables for Dawn's group. He spotted them at the far end, at the edge of a grove of pine trees. He began to make his way through the cluster of children, tables, and trees when he heard his name being called from several points all around him.

"Mr. George! Come sit with us! No, come sit next to me Mr. George!"

George couldn't believe it. He had never seen most of the children outside the pool before, and had thought they would ignore him if they did. But to his surprise, the campers seemed to be having a competition for his attention. He thought to himself, "This is why I like kids."

After he pried a particularly stubborn eight year-old off his leg, he arrived at group A's tables. They cheered as though they had won the contest. Dawn jumped up and gave him a peck on the cheek. A cacophony of ewws and grosses rang out around them. She then raised her hand and waved wildly. "Oh, oh! Sit with me Mr. George!"

"Oh, ok, I suppose," he grumbled in jest.

Karen smiled up at him. "Hey George! So, all I had to do to get you to sit at my table was be your girlfriend?"

"What can I say, I'm easy," he laughed. He took a seat at the head of the table, with Dawn on one side and Karen on the other.

"Miss Dawn?" came a little girl's cute voice, "Can I be your girlfriend?"

"Of course you can sweety! We'll be girlfriends from now on, ok?"

"Me too! Me too!" chimed another girl.

George whispered to her, "Dang, I've got competition."

"Silly," she whispered back, "you know that my girlfriends are also your girlfriends."

"Nice. Let's just let them grow up a little bit first, alright."

"Oh yeah, I suppose that would be best."

"What are you two whispering about," asked Karen as she leaned in.

"I just want to know how she's doing. This is her first job."

"Nuh uh," said Karen, her look of disbelief made him want to laugh.

"It is true," said Dawn. "I never worked in high school."

"No, I mean, what were you really whispering about?"

"Hey! That's mine!" cried a child from the other table. Two boys were tugging back and forth on a bag of cookies. Jimmy was there, but he had his headphones on, and ignored them.

Karen sighed, "I'll get it."

"No, no," said Dawn as she jumped to her feet. "Let me take care of it. You relax for moment."

Karen gestured toward the children gladly. "Okay, sure. Thanks Dawn."

As Dawn left to resolve the dispute, Karen whispered to George, "She's been like that all day. She never misses a chance to prove herself."

"She's not annoying you, is she?"

"Hell no. I love her. She's nice, and she works hard, and the kids love her..."

From Karen's faraway look, George could tell there was more she wasn't telling him. But he didn't press her. If it was important, Dawn would let him know later.

800IbGorrila
800IbGorrila
1,126 Followers