A Better Offer

Story Info
My wife didn't come home after she got a better offer.
4.4k words
3.82
234.9k
111
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
miedsal
miedsal
42 Followers

This story has no explicit sex. It is a story of betrayal, humiliation, revenge and reconciliation. This is a fantasy written for my enjoyment and hopefully yours.

-----

A better offer.

My wife Dianne and I were the last to leave Mike and Janet's party, as was usually the case. I went to get my car while Dianne waited inside as there was a lot of snow and slush on this Sunday just before Christmas. It took me about fifteen minutes to walk to the car, brush off the snow and drive back and I then waited fifteen minutes more before I went up to the front door. No lights were to be seen, the door was locked and no one came when I rang the bell so I tried Dianne's iPhone, she answered after a couple of rings.

"Sorry hun but I got a better offer. There are a couple of bottles of good ale on the door step for you as a consolation. I'll be home around lunch time tomorrow."

"Don't bother, I won't be there."

Their laughter was the last thing I heard before she hung up. I had known about her affair for quite a while but I had never expected her to be so blatant about it, or so cruel. The preparations for our divorce were nearly complete but I hadn't had the heart to divorce Dianne with Christmas so near. Her laughter had turned my heart to stone though. I resisted the temptation to throw the beer bottles through a window and drove home. As I got out of the car I noticed that Dianne's handbag was under her seat and I smiled, she was making this too easy for me.

I had a busy night, changing the locks came first and then attending to our finances. I had been planning this for a couple of weeks so things went pretty quickly, our joint accounts divided and joint cards cancelled. She would have trouble getting a new card before the holidays but that was no longer my concern. After that I packed a bag for Dianne and put it, together with her laptop in her car, moved the car out of the garage and hid the key under a flower pot. My last job before I could enjoy one of my consolation ales was to post some compromising pictures of Dianne and Mike. I didn't want to be seen to be the one posting the images so I created a new mail account loosely coupled to Dianne's and then posted the images to various porn sites using Mike and Janet's WiFi. I did it all using a cheap laptop that I had bought just for that purpose. Of course I couldn't have done any of it if Diane, Mike and Janet hadn't been quite so trusting with their passwords. The final step was to send myself an email from the new account documenting what I had done. Sitting outside their apartment in my car in the middle of the night had been a little risky but I got away with it.

There was little time for an ale when I got home, it was just after four and I wanted to contact my lawyer as soon as possible in the morning. I knew that he usually started before eight although the office didn't open until ten and so at eight I was on the phone to him instructing him to proceed with all possible haste. The few hours sleep had been refreshing and I was ready for the day's turmoil. I had slept better than I had since I began thinking of divorcing Dianne, probably because the time of indecision was over.

After a quick breakfast I retired to my office in the basement, for once thankful that it had no windows. I had wireless cameras in windows upstairs so that I could watch without anyone being able to see me. As I sat there and waited I thought back over the last ten years and wondered how it could all have gone so wrong.

I met Dianne at a barbecue hosted by her employer. The sister of a friend had just broken up with her boyfriend and didn't want to go alone. She disappeared as soon as we arrived and I didn't see her till it was time to go home. I did however spend some time with Dianne and Janet. Dianne was between boyfriends at the time and Janet was in the off phase of her on-off relationship with Mike. They had gone to school together but just discovered that they worked for the same company and were catching up when I managed to worm my way into the conversation with my little boy lost routine. We sat and talked for some time and I got their telephone numbers before my date wanted to go home.

I dated both women for about a month until Janet went into her on phase with Mike again. It was her that interested me most as she was a dynamo in bed. By comparison Dianne was more conservative but more fun to be with, out of bed at least although she was a lot of fun there as well.

When Janet and Mike got back together he proposed and she accepted. I wasn't happy but I had Dianne to console me and after a while she convinced me that marriage was right for us as well. My mother didn't think that Dianne was ready to settle down although she liked her otherwise. In the end I ignored my mother's advice and married Dianne anyway and for many years our marriage was great.

The trouble started about five years ago I believe. My parents died in a car crash and I inherited nearly everything but only if we signed an agreement, something my mother called a post-nup. The gist of it was that my parent's house was not to be part any divorce settlement and that if adultery could be proven then the offender would get none of the money either. Dianne was pissed but in the end she agreed. The most upset by it all was Mike as we now had a much better place than he and Janet had.

We got through that crisis and then just over three years ago I got downsized or right-shored or whatever the latest term is. Part of the deal was that I was rehired as a consultant for a short term to help with the transfer of responsibility. I quite liked the change and started looking around for more freelance work. When I finally got established I found that I could make about the same as I did before but with less effort and I could work from home. The down side was that some months I made nothing and hence I was careful about spending, something that pissed Dianne off. Mike kidded about being a stay at home husband but I hadn't really expected anything else.

The final nail in my marriage's coffin came about a year ago when Dianne got a promotion and moved into Janet's department. None of her raise ever made it into the family coffers though, she needed a new car, clothes and a myriad of other things. Having Janet as her boss also gave her more freedom in her hours and she started going in late and coming home later. I'm a morning person so it really cut down on our time together.

I am not sure why but I began to suspect that something had changed our relationships. The biggest tell was that Mike stopped teasing me but he had a smug grin whenever he greeted me. Then there were the trips that neither Janet nor Dianne had taken previously. When Dianne went on a weekend business trip with Janet I decided to check up on her and the PI revealed that she was cheating on me with both Mike and Janet. It made sense as Dianne had hinted that Mike and Janet liked to play with other couples. Had it had been somebody other than Mike then I might have been interested.

One of Dianne's must-haves had been an iPhone but she left the maintenance of it to me and so I used it to track her. I discovered that she asked to be eaten every time that she took a long lunch at Mike and Janet's apartment. Cheating was one thing but the total lack of respect was too much and so I started planning for our divorce.

My reverie was interrupted when Dianne arrived at about noon and rang the bell as her keys had been in her purse. When I didn't answer she rang me.

"Hi hun, I don't have my keys om me. Could you open the door for me please?"

"Who am I speaking to?"

"It's Dianne, your wife remember. Open the door, it's cold out here."

"You must have the wrong number, my wife died last night."

I hung up and she called me again.

"Don't be that way honey, it was just a joke. Let me in and I'll make it up to you."

I hung up again and called my lawyer to let him know where Dianne was. She called the police. When they arrived there was a brief conference and then they called me.

"Mr. Edwards, this is the police, we are outside your home with your wife and we would like you to let her in."

"I am not at home right now but my wife is staying with friends, has this woman claiming to be my wife shown you any ID?"

I could see him talk to Dianne as she tried to explain why she was unable to identify herself. While they were discussing the matter Dianne was served with the divorce papers and a restraining order. The police were given a copy as well.

"OK Mr. Edwards, I am sorry to have disturbed you, have a nice day."

The police left and I rang Dianne to let her know where the key to her car was. She wanted to talk but I insisted that she contact my lawyer. I also warned her that I had cancelled our joint credit cards.

My lawyer arranged for Dianne to collect some more of her stuff the next day and I agreed to talk to her if we had a witness. Dianne showed up on time with a clerk from my lawyer's office. She packed some clothes and then joined me to talk.

"Why are you doing this, it was just a joke?"

"If it was a joke then it was a cruel one but I've also seen the photos of you and Mike on the internet."

"What photos?"

I got my laptop and showed her the email I had sent myself and some of the photos. Dianne turned pale.

"They could be fakes."

"I guess that they could be but I am convinced that they aren't. Are you willing to swear that they couldn't be you two?"

"No, I couldn't swear that it couldn't be us. What can I do to make this right?"

"Get a lawyer to read the divorce agreement and if you agree that it is fair then sign them. Please move your stuff by the end of January."

She just sat there so I continued.

"The person who sent this email mentioned some shots of you and Janet that will be posted if you don't sign along with a juicy video of the three of you ready for You Tube. If you have been having sex with Janet and the world gets to know about it then I will have to react. My business will survive your cheating but I can't afford to be seen as a wimp. I hope that you understand. I really don't want to hurt you or Janet if I can avoid it but I will if I must."

"I understand. I'll do my best to be quick but it'll be difficult with the holidays and all." She paused. "I'd like to tell my parents, they'll know that it was my fault but I'd rather they didn't know the details."

She rose to leave and then turned to me.

"You weren't meant to go home angry that night. I wanted the four of us to play together, that was the plan anyway."

"It may have been your plan, maybe even Janet's as well but I am prepared to bet that it wasn't Mike's. I don't think that he has ever forgiven me for having sex with Janet." I paused. "Can I ask you a personal question?"

"You can ask me anything."

"When you asked to be eaten and I said that you tasted different, was that your idea or Mike's?"

"Mike's. It was just a joke at the time but I see now that it wasn't very nice."

"I'd like you to know that we are getting a divorce because of those jokes. If it had only been with Janet then there wouldn't have been a problem. I even tried to ignore Mike's involvement but you had to rub my nose in it, quite literally. You couldn't even take the hint that I knew that I was getting sloppy seconds. The three of you just had to humiliate me. I still love you and I am not looking forward to being without you but you took all of the joy out of our marriage."

"I'm very sorry that I did those things to you. I don't even understand why I did them any more, it definitely wasn't because I didn't love you. You were a good husband to me and I shall miss you sorely." She paused. "Please remember that I did what I did out of stupidity and not malice. When the dust has settled I hope that we can at least be friendly with each other."

"I hope so too, friends at least." I paused. "I am not divorcing you to seek revenge, well maybe a little. I just don't see how we can stay together. If we tried then I think that we'd end up hating each other."

After that she left, I hoped that she wasn't on her way back to Mike but that was only because I didn't want her hurt. Publishing the pictures of Dianne and Mike now seemed petty but I had wanted a little revenge.

Her parents called the next day to commiserate and invite me over for dinner. I took a rain check but I was heartened by their response. It was about the only good news that I had that christmas.

Dianne's lawyer agreed that the divorce was fair, generous even and it went through without a hitch. A few months after it was final I got a call from Dianne asking to meet with me to discuss a business proposal, I suggested that she come for dinner mainly because I was tired of eating alone. We ate and chatted and then after dinner Dianne took from her briefcase and her proposal.

"I've missed you a lot, both as a companion and a sex partner. Mike was good but he definitely wasn't better than you, just different. When I became single I lost interest in Mike and he in me. I believe now that he just wanted to take me away from you, to prove something. I tried dating but I didn't like it much. My parents told me that you haven't even tried yet." Dianne took a deep breath, lifted the document in her hand and continued. "My proposal is here, roommates with benefits with an option to marriage. I rent a room here and we share costs. We have sex as often as we both want, which in my case will be often. If either of us has sex with someone else then the other party must be informed. I'd like the usual things a couple do, as well as an escort for functions but I haven't included them in the contract, I hope that they will come naturally. It can be terminated with one months notice at any time after a three month trial period. My goal is to be married to you again but I guess that that won't happen in the near future." She took a breath and continued. "I don't expect you to agree tonight but I would like it very much if you took me to bed tonight and fucked me senseless as a show of good faith."

I was somewhat taken back but I liked the idea. Many nights I had cursed Dianne for not being more discreet about her affair. I wasn't about to sign anything before my lawyer had checked it but I didn't think that Dianne would try to cheat me. There was just the problem of STD's. As if she had read my mind she took out a report that declared her free of all such diseases. She did her best that night to convince me that she was the best fuck that I'd ever had. She wasn't but she was close. Our night together continued into the next day and I have to admit that I was glad to see her leave so that I could get some rest.

As expected the contract had no surprises, I signed and we moved Dianne back into my house. The house was built with the master bedroom on the ground floor and four others on the floor above so that we each had our privacy when we wanted it. In practise though, Dianne just used her bedroom to change clothes and as an office. She only slept there when she worked late and didn't want to wake me when she got home.

Those first three months went quickly. I was happy to have my wife back and she seemed happy with the arrangement as well. We hadn't mentioned marriage at all but I expected that to change if we were going to have children together.

Things took an unexpected turn when Janet showed up with a suitcase and a black eye. Dianne mimed begging but she didn't need to as I really liked Janet. I told her that she was welcome to stay until she got something more permanent. After Janet moved in Dianne continued to join me for sex but didn't always sleep with me. I didn't mind but I didn't want to be taken for a fool again so I copied the relevant page of our agreement and underlined the passage regarding sex with a third person. Dianne saw the page when she came home from work.

"I'm sorry for causing you concern but Janet and I haven't had sex since she moved in, although we often sleep in the same bed. I hadn't forgotten about our agreement but I should have told you what was going on. When Janet gets a clean bill of health we probably will have sex. Do you want us to to let you know each time?"

"Nope, I guess that I jumped to conclusions and I apologise for that."

Janet never did move out as she didn't like any of the places that she could afford and, truth be told she liked living with Dianne and me. In the end she asked if she could stay under the same terms as Dianne. As Dianne was happy with the arrangement I signed and we consummated the agreement. I discovered that we really needed a bigger bed.

The only irritation for me was that Mike hadn't been punished for humiliating me and hitting Janet. As it turns out I had no reason to be irritated. I heard stories from a few people and this is what I pieced together. Ironically it was my humiliation that was his downfall.

Mike bragged often about taking my wife from me, according to him she had left me to be with him. Some of the women who worked with him just got tired of listening to his tales and they left the room whenever he entered. One in particular decided to put him in his place and as it was her job to verify his expense account she went through it with a fine tooth comb. I don't suppose that he cheated more than anyone else but it was sufficient for a reprimand. He probably would have gotten off lightly but for the fact that his sales had slipped as well. He didn't take it at all well, instead he told his boss where to stick his job and stormed out. The next morning he found that his resignation had been accepted and his personal effects were waiting for him in HR. His letter of recommendation sounded good but when translated from HR-speak into english it said that he had an A for salesmanship and an F for attitude. That made it hard to get an interview and his former co-workers comments didn't make it any easier.

His lack of progress in getting a new job wore down his psyche and hence when Janet suggested that he tidy up a bit while he was home it was just too much and he slapped her. Not that hard and he apologised immediately but Janet wasn't about to become an abused housewife. She packed a bag and left it in her car ready for any future violence. Her tolerance had limits even though she wasn't about about to leave her man in his time of need. When he hit her again she just got in her car and drove away. The ensuing divorce, his realisation that Janet had subsidised his lifestyle and the fact that she now lived happily with me all helped to break down his self confidence. Nobody knew where he disappeared to, some said he went home to live with his parents, others that he was seen stacking shelves but nobody knew for sure, or cared for that matter.

I'd like to be able to say that I didn't gloat and I nearly can but I have seldom heard of a more fitting punishment. I can say that I hope that he has learned to be a better person and found happiness despite the fact that I think it unlikely.

Within our first year together we had settled into our roles and there were seldom any problems. We had a few disagreements but none of the jealousies that I feared. I was a bit surprised that Dianne and Janet never had sex with anyone else as that was clearly allowed by our agreements but they never did. It wasn't that they weren't attracted to others, on several occasions I was dragged into the bedroom when they got home because of some hunk that visited the office. I think that they didn't want to upset a good thing. I do know that I didn't want to upset them and so I saved any horniness I developed during the day for them.

The mandatory visits to Dianne's and Janet's parents at Christmas went much better that I had expected. All seemed to accept that we were happy together but I am not sure that they approved.

miedsal
miedsal
42 Followers
12