A Cat Among Wolves Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
kitten101
kitten101
1,403 Followers

***

In the clearing the wolves stopped suddenly, forming a loose ring around Marcus and Theo. The tension in the air was palpable, and the night around them was silent.

Theo knew this was his moment. He leapt at Marcus, issuing a challenge and demanding he submit to him. Marcus gave a deep wolfy chuff, as if he were laughing, and stepped aside easily avoiding Theo's leap.

The pack fell silent and tension rippled through the night.

No one was permitted to intervene as the two wolves fought it out. The winner was the wolf left standing, and in most cases the winning wolf would kill the loser, to discourage any other attempts at taking his power.

Marcus and Theo circled each other stiffly, before suddenly exploding into a ball of rabidly growling fur. The battle was violent, and made most of the wolves cringe to see it. Ange didn't cringe at all, she took the entire thing in grinning a wide, toothy grin and looked pleased with herself.

Theo separated from the initial attack first, wheeling off to run a short distance. He drew Marcus with him and then whirled, zigzagging back towards the lighter colored wolf, hoping to take him by surprise.

Marcus swung his body out of reach and easily batted down Theo's snarling muzzle with his two front paws. Darting in from the side Marcus bulldozed Theo back a few meters, scattering a few unwary wolves on his way.

Though the wolves looked evenly matched, Theo's fight was over swiftly. Marcus took him down with powerful blows, and some well placed bites, in some cases crushing bones with their force. Finally Theo was lying in a bloody mess at Marcus's feet. Marcus hadn't killed him, and wasn't going to.

He was done with it all.

The wolves had forgotten Marcus's fighting prowess through years of taking him for granted as leader. The men and women who had supported Theo and Ange pinned their ears back against their scalps and their tails between their legs. When Marcus roared his victory the entire pack, bar one wolf and one tiger, dropped to the ground and showed their belly's in respect and in some cases - stone cold fear.

Ange was utterly confused by the turn of events, Theo was defeated?! She refused to bow to Marcus. His back was turned to her and she decided to take matters into her own hands.

If Theo couldn't take the Pack fairly, then she would take it by force. Why wait for a man to do it when she could just as easily lead it herself

Sabeen saw Ange leap, and let out a roar of anger. Without thinking she gathered herself and launched into the air, intercepting the woman and slamming her into the ground hard.

Marcus changed back into his human form and most of the pack followed him, changing where they knelt.

"Leave the bitch, Sabeen, I couldn't care less about her fate."

Marcus gently shoved the tiger aside, and looked down on the gasping Ange. The force of Sabeen's body hitting her had startled her out of her wolf form, and back into her human one.

Marcus turned as Sabeen finished changing back. Her hair was wild around her face and strands were plastered to her neck and face. The makeup around her eyes was dark and wild looking. Her body was naked, long and muscled lightly. She was streaked with dirt and sweat. And she looked beautiful to him, just like a barbarian queen.

He raked his eyes over her one more time, and turned to look over his pack. With a sigh he realized that he was over this.

"We were a strong pack. We were one of the strongest in Dartmouth, and look at us!" He roared.

"Infighting and stupid rifts have ripped us apart. I have not been the best leader for you over this past year. You have needed a heavier hand than I care to give. But it is an insult to me and to yourselves that you chose that as your future leader!"

He turned to Theo and Ange both cowering together on the dirt.

"I'm done with this. I have no desire to stay and watch you destroy yourselves further. However I recommend you look harder within your ranks than that for your leader.

"I have no desire to stay, but I also do not wish to watch you all die into the night. You are a strong pack, in the best location, and you all deserve better."

With that Marcus turned to Sabeen. She stepped closer waiting for his orders, and wondered with a little thrill of excitement where they would end up next.

"Sabeen. Thank you for everything. You've served me well but I can't keep you like this. You're free." He turned to leave.

Sabeen's heart crashed down to her feet. He was freeing her. Where the hell was she supposed to go now? Suddenly anger engulfed her. He loved her. He had told her that himself, and now he was prepared to break both their hearts for the sake of his stupid conscience.

"Idiot." She said.

Marcus turned back to her in surprise. "Me?"

"Yes you, idiot! You can't just free me and expect me to disappear off into the night." She stalked towards him, anger in every line of her body.

"I'm in love with you fool. I'm your lifemate, and I'm not letting you get away. You shouldn't be allowing me to get away either. Unless you were lying about your feelings for me last night?" Her voice softened and she tilted her head on the side, waiting for her answer.

Marcus didn't answer her. He closed the distance between them and gathered her to him, kissing her violently. When he was done he drew back looking her deep in the eyes, searching for the truth in what she had said. It was there. She loved him.

"Idiot." She breathed.

"You're not going anywhere without me."

"Or me." Came three voices in unison to their left.

Finn, Rob and Bucky all stood there looking at the two of them entwined. Finn looked a little hurt that they'd think to leave him behind.

Marcus grinned at them all and nodded once, before they made their way out of the circle of bewildered wolves and humans. Not one of them looked back - the pack was on its own now.

kitten101
kitten101
1,403 Followers
12