A Cautious Man Ch. 09-13

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
coaster2
coaster2
2,590 Followers

As Bill moved up and lay beside her, she put her arm over him and kissed him softly on the cheek and then, as he moved his head, on his lips.

"I'm sorry about the language, Bill. It was ... in the heat of the moment. I know you don't feel comfortable with it. I'll try and stop ... if I can. You just make me so excited and so full, I lose my self-control."

"I understand. It's OK. I'm just not used to it ... that's all." Inwardly, Bill was happy that she acknowledged his discomfort with the swearing and crudities. She was like two different people. One moment she was the demure school teacher and the next, the wanton harlot, complete with gutter language. His little alarm bells had gone off again. It was, once again, a time to be cautious.

Chapter 13:

Marion and Bill dated regularly over the next three months. Whatever Bill would suggest, Marion would happily agree to. She was determined to demonstrate her devotion to him and by that third month, she expected him to propose. As the month came and went though, she became frustrated once again as he continued to act as if they were just close friends. She had restrained herself in their intimate times, as she knew he was unused to the wilder side of sex, and wasn't comfortable with it. Now and then, she wondered if she had chosen the wrong man, but his attentive nature and simple honesty helped push those concerns in the background.

Marion spent a good deal of time discussing business with Bill, and she was impressed. For such an unassuming man, he was very bright when it came to finding opportunities and quickly taking advantage of them. In the short time she had known him, his workforce had grown from ten to twenty when he opened two new branch offices of CSI in adjacent counties. Both new offices were opened with contracts in hand to guarantee their financial viability. It was this bright future, and the comforts that would accrue to Bill and his family that encouraged Marion to be patient and wait for him to proclaim his intentions.

Bill had a burning memory of the hurt that he felt when he lost Zena. He had loved her unconditionally and still did, when he was honest with himself. Marion was completely different. She was in love with him, he was sure, and he was trying to decide if he could push his reservations to one side and commit himself to her. She had taken a sincere interest in his business and talked often with him about his plans. She rarely disagreed with him on anything and their sex life had calmed down from its raucous beginning to a more comfortable and controlled union. She still displayed her aggressiveness on occasion, but only when he was also in the mood for a more assertive romp. The little alarm bells had been quieted and his cautiousness was ebbing.

Bill found the ring he was looking for in a local jewelry store. It was simple and elegant and, with a large diamond, quite expensive. However, a lifetime commitment meant the cost was not the issue. It was the statement that this was to bond both of them together for all time. He had talked to Dave Markham about his intentions and Dave was visibly happy for him. They had become very close friends and saw each other regularly. Dave was also pleased that Marion attended church with Bill every Sunday. It was a good beginning for the handsome, young couple. Both of them were only twenty-four and had a long, happy life ahead of them, God willing.

Bill proposed to Marion on Thanksgiving Day, before they left for Bill's parents' home and the holiday meal. Marion hadn't expected it, resigning herself to a long wait before he asked for her hand. Now, as he knelt before her in the living room, she saw the ring that she so hungered for and was overjoyed. She had captured the man she truly wanted for her husband.

"Bill, I'm so happy. You've made me so happy," she said through her tears. The tears were both of joy and relief.

The Thanksgiving dinner was a happy one in the home of the elder Ortons. Their son was marrying a school teacher and a very attractive one at that. His was becoming a prominent businessman in the community and his name was spoken in appreciative terms around Cambelltown. The wedding would be a social event, Violet thought. It was something that she would never have anticipated. No son could have made his parents more proud. Her only wish for him was that his marriage would be as happy and long as hers was with Fred.

Marion's parents had arrived from their home in Sweetgrass a week ahead in order to participate in the arrangements and various parties. She was their only child and her choice of husband was very important to them. It was their first opportunity to get to know Bill and his family. They got on well with the Ortons and were impressed with Bill. Marion had told them numerous times about his successes in business, but what impressed them the most was his modesty and politeness. They were certain their daughter had made a good choice.

Bill had paid for the wedding because he didn't want that costly burden on either of the parents. He could afford it and he was proud to take responsibility for the festive occasion. They were married at St. Luke's and Pastor Markham proudly conducted the ceremony. They honeymooned in Florida, a most convenient warm weather location in late January.

When they returned, they went house-hunting. Bill had promised to give up the apartment when Marion pressed the point. A successful business man and his wife shouldn't be living above an old shop, she proclaimed. Bill could hardly argue with her. They found their home on the south side of the city, bordering on a more elite neighborhood. It was a simple three bedroom, two story house with a double garage and a full, unfinished basement. Bill had chosen the house, while Marion had chosen the neighborhood.

They moved into their new home at the beginning of May and by the end of June, Bill had built a large patio deck off the kitchen and family room. Marion was content with choosing the drapes, furniture and wall colors. She approached Bill about a swimming pool, but Bill was reluctant to add that to the growing list of expenditures. Marion had expensive tastes and he wanted to rein in the budget for a while. She was disappointed, but knew that he would give in sooner or later. She would just bide her time.

Their sex life settled into a routine. Bill was very attentive to her needs and Marion was appreciative of his skills and the satisfaction he gave her. They were making love at least three or four times a week, except when she was having her period. For Marion, it was a perfect life for a young bride. She had been able to take a leave of absence from the school and as she became familiar with the neighbors, made it known to them that she was the wife of a successful man.

It was only four months later, in October, that she became pregnant with their first child. It wasn't planned, but neither of them was unhappy with the news. The grandparents, of course, were delighted. In late June of the following year, Marion gave birth to a girl, Alexis Tanya. They were Marion's choices and she had stewed over the selection for weeks before the birth. If it had been a boy, he would have been named Stephen James, after her two favorite male movie stars.

Marion proved to be a fine mother. She was attentive to her baby and rode out the difficult times of teething and colic with stoicism and generally good humor. Bill was pleased and proud of his wife's easy adaptation to motherhood and they spent many hours holding, soothing and playing with their daughter.

When Marion became pregnant again, two years later, they were just as happy as they were with their first. On March 17th, St. Patrick's Day, she gave birth to an eight pound boy. This time, Bill intervened, and he was named William Patrick Orton, Junior. Marion was not pleased that Bill had chosen his own name for their son, but to keep peace in the household, she chose not to make an issue of it.

On their fifth anniversary, Bill and Marion celebrated at Ambrosia while the grandparents minded the children. They had reason to celebrate. The new year had begun with Bill acquiring a competitor in town, and now boasted four operations dedicated to CSI. Along with the new business, came two valuable contracts, and it was the springboard Bill had been looking for to really become a factor in a much larger region. His corporate influence now reached to five major centers and his employee list now numbered almost one hundred. It seemed like a perfect life.

coaster2
coaster2
2,590 Followers