A Cougar Totally Turned Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

We had a luxurious, sexy shower together, dressed, and headed out to Charlotte. What a gem! I had no idea. The details will be sparse, though the Chamber of Commerce will groan. You really must visit! It's a very old, very modern, very diverse, and an extraordinarily vibrant city! There! This is me sticking out my tongue.

We found a restaurant for lunch. Being a bit off the beaten path it was near empty. The food was beyond good. We gorged and, after paying the bill, waddled out to continue our adventure. At one point, Sheri nearly cried as she begged me to find a rest room. The "golden arches" gave her a place for relief; me too. We wandered, stopped, shopped, kissed, and enjoyed ourselves. I did have to ask a slip of a thing for directions back to the hotel. We had time for, umm, showers and more. I was proud of us. We got to Sue and Georgia's early! They both greeted us warmly. Their eyes showed their surprise and love. It was agreat night!!

We got back to the room around 11. We both shed our clothes, got into bed, and, in each other's arms, fell sound asleep.

We had left the girls with promises of a phone call. We both woke up late Sunday morning after a much needed night of sleep. I called Sue; we agreed to meet in the hotel for brunch at 11. I winked at Sheri. She headed to the bathroom and the Jacuzzi. Geez. Insatiable is her name. I declare, for someone with the schedule Sheri has and the demands it makes of her, her energy is astonishing. I write this next with awe. Somehow Sheri found new ways for the jets to pleasure me. The water was quite tepid as we lay, panting, attempting to recover. She stood first; she did have to take me under my arms and help me to my feet. Sheri began to giggle. I looked at her, followed her eyes, and joined in. I think the Jacuzzi had sprung a leak!! We toweled dry, did our hair and makeup. Sheri picked out my clothes for the day. No bra? Gawd. Yes Ma'am.

The girls were waiting in the lobby for us. They both looked at me. Georgia blushed, Sue rolled her eyes. Sheri smiled brightly. She did feel compelled to mention, with a twinkle in her eye, that the Jacuzzi had sprung a leak. Neither of them did more than nod; our passion was old news by then. None of us was in a rush. We dawdled wonderfully. They are simply delightful. We all agreed that this had been an outstanding weekend of friendship and fun. Our goodbyes were long, a wee bit teary, and full of hugs and kisses. When they finally headed to their car, I went to the desk and took care of business. We headed to the room. Some time later, we dressed, again, and began to pack. I put a bra on! I needed a nap. The flight was early enough we would get back in time for Sheri to prepare for her morning classes. She had wanted to bring work with her; I pitched a full-blown hissy over it. We finished, walked around the room and the bathroom to be sure we hadn't left anything behind, gathered everything, and headed downstairs to the waiting car. The flight was okay. I slept. Sheri still laughs about that. Randi was waiting for us and whisked us home. Sheri gave her the highlights. Randi smiled a lot; her eyes got really big a couple of times. Teresa was waiting for us with the door open. The three of us took our bags to the door. Hugs, a pick up time established, and Randi left. Teresa smiled at us both!! Amazing.

Most of what was in our luggage went into the laundry. We headed downstairs. Sheri spread out her work on the dining room table and got busy. Teresa came and asked if either of us cared for something to drink. I looked at Sheri; we both blinked. Idjits both; we hadn't had dinner. I was a bit embarrassed to ask Teresa to make us something. She smiled and nodded. I sat with Sheri as she worked. Teresa brought us drinks; the food followed shortly. Nothing fancy, not too much; mouth watering good. I let Sheri get back to work, took the dishes and things to the kitchen and set them in the sink. Teresa gawked. I kissed her, thanked her, and whispered that I wanted to marry Sheri. She smiled warmly and nodded.

Leaving Sheri to her studies, I took my book and sat in the living room with my drink. I knew that after Teresa finished she would head to bed for the night. Even though I had napped on the plane I was still weary. I read some. Sheri's kiss woke me. I put my arms around her neck. She led me upstairs, helped me out of my clothes; there's danger ahead, cheri! Yes, for a moment or two I tingled with want. Sheri smiled, brought the covers up over me, kissed me and told me to sleep. I pouted; she bit my lip. Bitch. I tweaked her nipple. Sheri said, "Begging will get you everything pet." A last kiss and she went back downstairs to her work. I dreamed of a green eyed woman doing the limbo to thunderous applause.

* * The Unexpected * *

Sheri's softball season roared into high gear as late March turned into early April. I lost track of the games. It was every damn weekend and a smattering of games during the week. That was a bitch for Sheri, missing work to play. Her internship was coming to an end this month. I was expecting approval for her application nearly any day. We had little time together – well, meaningful time. With work, games, night classes, we had to squeeze a dinner in now and then, often near campus. Our nights together were, at best, scattered. I was miserable. I had gotten used to regular loving with her. The absence of it brought back unwanted memories of too many nights alone. It wasn't any better for Sheri. I knew that, but she did live in a fucking sorority. I added that word. No, I didn't like it, nor could I do or say much about it. She knew full well it bugged the crap out of me. She never threw it in my face; it was just there.

I actually welcomed a couple of business trips; being home and not having Sheri with me sucked. Once, just once, I went looking for someone to take away the chasm-like hole in my soul. I felt cheap and dirty afterward. Sheri knew; I couldn't make eye contact with her. Linda was furious with me as well. Finally, one day, I closed the office door, took her hand, pulled her up and cried. Bitter and hot alligator tears. She let me get it all out. As angry as she was with me I think she marveled that this me was capable of that emotion. The old me wouldn't have ever let anyone see it. I tell you this because she spoke the words to me. When it started again, she pulled me to her and let me get it all out. I was crying so hard I never heard Sheri open the door, look in, and close it. Lin did; she didn't tell me.

There was a note on my desk the next day. Sheri was angry with me; she hadn't spoken to me for a week. Finally I went to her desk and demanded that she follow me to my office. She had no choice. I pointed to the couch. We sat. I desperately wanted to sit close and didn't.

I began, my voice thick but calm. "I love you. Don't pretend you don't know and don't love me. You're angry. Part of me thinks you're being juvenile but I get it. Nothing happened between Lin and I; you know that. She wouldn't nor would I. I needed to get my frustration out and she was who I chose to give it to. And you goddamn well know it. I miss you terribly, miss us! Yes I miss the intimacy; I've grown accustomed to it. You have a houseful of women at your beck and call whenever you need them. Fuck, Nikki would die on the altar for you. I admit it Sheri. One night, in Boston, I let myself get what I needed. I hate myself for it. It was a moment of weakness; that alone galls the shit out of me. I want to marry you." Sheri's head whipped around at that; her eyes blazed. "Don't youdare look at me like that!" I took a deep breath to calm myself. I closed my eyes for a moment then continued. "I know your softball will be over soon and that your semester will end. Even with summer classes it will be easier for both of us; well, a little easier. I love you, honey." I stopped and reached for her hand. I took it, bent and kissed it gently and rested it on my cheek. Sheri didn't speak but she did run her fingers through my hair. I released her hand. She touched my cheek softly; my eyes filled.

"Julia, I know. I think since we were in Charlotte, there have been a handful of times we've spent the night together. Yes I have a houseful at my 'beck and call.' Yes, Nikki in particular, is always lurking. Not gonna lie; I've let her ... be with me, but not as often as I get the feeling you think. Frankly, most of the time I'm too goddamn tired. With games, classes and homework, even I don't know how I manage. Yeah I was pissed when I saw you and Lin and I knew why you were crying. It stung, what you'd done, being with someone else out of town. But I after I thought about it I was okay with it. We're human; we both have needs. Yes, honey, I'd gotten used to our regular loving as well." Sheri shrugged as she talked. We finally were making eye contact as we sat, now, facing each other. "Anything on the job yet?" I shook my head. "Crap! I was hoping ..." She smiled shyly "that maybe you were keeping it as a surprise." Hmm. Not a bad thought actually. Truth was, Sheri would likely hear about it first or at nearly at the same time I did. "I'm looking forward to the summer, Julia, and spending more time with you. Oh, Sue and Georgia. Do you have any thoughts on their visit?"

"I was thinking Memorial Day weekend actually. I'll send her email today in fact. And I have to talk to Lin. We still have to set a date for her and Kat to come to our place for dinner." Sheri smiled; she'd caught it. It had slipped out. I liked it.

We were better. Phew! Okay, so a quickie on the couch was not in the company manual. Not a good plan for the boss and the intern do be doing the nasty during work. I had to bite my lip; Sheri saw my eyes and laughed. "I could skip school tonight boss." We both laughed. I believe I'll get back to her about that!! Soon! Lin knocked, popped her head in, smiled, and said, "Maddi called. Mr. Watson wants you upstairs ASAP." EEK! I stared. She shrugged and shook her head. Okay. She closed the door. We stood, hugged and kissed. It was sweet and warm ... for about ten seconds. Then it was 'rip my clothes off and fuck me baby' hot. Rain check please! Oh goody, my sweetie is back. Sheri left, leaving the door open behind her. I grabbed my portfolio and my purse and headed to the elevator. Maddi knocked and I went in, curious.

Mr. Watson's greeting was, as ever, warm. "Please be seated Julia. How are you? Everything going well?" I replied in the affirmative. He got to it. "I have good news. HR has approved the early hiring of your Sheri for a May start to her summer employment. Rather than go through proper channels I thought I would give you the news myself." He smiled warmly. "From what I hear the young lady is very talented, very bright, and a very good worker. She has wonderful future ahead of her." There was something underneath that ... something lurking; or maybe not. That after hours fling didn't feel like such a good idea. He watched, nodded, and stood. I thanked him for the courtesy he extended me. I really do work for a very nice, decent man. Maddi smiled at me on my way past. I floated to the elevator. As I exited I turned to look for Sheri. Busy bee. I headed to Lin.

"When she's free, ask Sheri to come in; you too." Linda smiled and nodded. I was thrilled and relieved. He's a smart one; that's why he has that desk. It was nice of him to tell me in person; he used it to remind me, remind us both, not to mess it up. I wouldn't, for both of our sakes. As I sat and fiddled with things I decided I would take the three of us out for lunch. Well, that is, if it worked for both of them. I glanced at the clock. 11:15. About twenty minutes later the two of them walked in, Linda closing the door behind her. They both sat. "Well, Mr. Watson told me a little while ago you've been approved by HR to start in May Sheri." Big smiles all around; Linda hugged Sheri. Her eyes glistened. Wow! "IF both of you are free I'd like to go out to lunch to celebrate." Linda's lunch would stay in the fridge in the break room. Sheri often brought something from the sorority for lunch; not today though. Wonderful, I would make reservations for noon. I came around and hugged Sheri and gave her a quick kiss. Both walked out the door. Lin patted Sheri on the shoulder on the way out. She stood at Lin's desk for a moment longer then went back to work. I called and got a table. This would be a nice break in the day, and certainly a reason to celebrate, umm, responsibly. Five rewarding words.

The weather was spring-like. We all had on varieties of light coats. We headed to the restaurant, Sheri and I holding hands, the three of us chatting and smiling. I felt Sheri's hand tighten, out of the corner of my eye I saw her jerk, stiffen, her eyes went wide with shock and pain, and she fell to the ground. Linda screamed. I stared, then turned my head. Oh god NOO!! Cindy stood there, knife in hand, her face contorted in rage. I heard Linda screaming. Somehow, just as Cindy raised the knife to come at me, two men grabbed her. One tore the knife from her hand; it fell to the ground. He bent her arm high behind her back. The two of them wrestled her to the ground and held her. I heard someone talking on their phone – 911.

I fell to the ground next to Sheri. She was bleeding, badly, from the wound high on her back. I took off my coat, handed it to Linda, and told her to press it hard on the wound. I turned Sheri on her side a little. She was white with pain; I feared she might be going into shock. Sheri moaned in agony. I looked in her eyes; there was fear. I sobbed in frustration and rage. I kissed her cheek; oh god, she was cold. I heard sirens. The police arrived, followed by an ambulance. Cindy was cuffed and put in the back of the squad. Everything was a blur; police yelling orders, telling people to back off, telling others to take statements from witnesses. I only had eyes for my honey.

The paramedics came at a sprint. They looked, took her pulse, examined the wound. One gave terse, short instructions; the other sped to the ambulance, returning with a gurney. A board was placed on the ground, they rolled Sheri on it on her side; she was lifted and strapped to the gurney. They rush-walked Sheri to the ambulance. One of them asked, "What blood type is she?" I shook my head. I looked at Sheri. She muttered something unintelligible. What the fuck do I know? I'm not medical.

I pleaded softly, "Can I come with in the ambulance?"

The paramedic asked, "Are you family?"

"No, she's ... she's my lover." That got a glance; they looked at each other. "Hurry!" I grabbed our purses.

They rolled Sheri into the ambulance; I held her hand. I looked over my shoulder for Lin. One of the policemen was talking to her. She was shaking and crying; someone from work was holding her hand. The doors closed and we were off. The paramedic was barking into a microphone – a hospital, giving information. Fingers were flying, clothing was cut away and removed. The short ride to the hospital took an hour (in my mind). The doors flew open, hands reached for the gurney; Sheri was removed; the paramedic was tersely giving details to the staff. I had no idea who was what. I just wanted to be with Sheri. They wouldn't me let near her.

Someone guided me to a room. She shone a flashlight in my eyes and frowned. She called out to someone with orders. She stood me up and quickly checked me for injuries. "I'm fine. She didn't get to me. I need to see my Sheri. Please!!"

She shook her head. "She's being evaluated. Someone will come and give us an update. You look like you're going into shock. I need to get you something and keep an eye on you." Fuck! I felt the cold swab on my arm and a pinch. "It'll help calm you and bring you back to us. The police will want a statement." I nodded. I glanced at the name tag. Renee. The tears slid, hot, down my face. I was too numb to cry. What was Cindy doing there? Why? Crazy fucking bitch.

Someone came in and spit out some sort of report. Renee nodded and turned back to me. "What's your name honey?"

"Julia Simpson."

"What's your ... what's the victim's name?" I grabbed Sheri's purse, fished for her wallet, and pulled out her driver's license, and handed it to Renee. I looked for some sort of medical card. Oh thank god. I grabbed it and handed it to her. "Great, this will help. Okay, Julia, look at me honey." I did. She smiled; they did this for a living. I was in terror, fear gripped my heart. My chin trembled; the tears continued. Her voice was confident, consoling. "They've typed her, started transfusions, and stabilized her. Preliminary evaluations are that no major vessels were hit." I sobbed. "We've got a surgeon in looking at her. If the decision is made to take her to O.R., it'll be as soon as one opens up." She looked; a tight smile. "It's way too early Julia. She'll be here a while." Mylife is in that room with a stab wound in her back from some psychotic moron. I nodded mutely. She didn't like what she saw in my eyes. "Julia!" I looked. "Pull yourself together. Don't go where your eyes tell me you are. That is not what your friend needs from you now."

"She's not my friend. She is my lover. She's my life!" She took that in. I'm sure they got this from family all too often. I heard voices outside the room. Renee turned and got up for a moment. I wanted to bolt and find Sheri. I wouldn't have gotten two steps. She came back. "The police want to speak with you – if you can." I nodded. She went to the sink, ran some cold water in a little paper cup and handed it to me. My hands shook as I sipped. "Drink as much as you can." I did. She threw the empty cup in the garbage. "I'll stay here with you. If you can't handle it, they'll come back." I nodded.

She pulled the curtain back, held it, and nodded. A man in a blue uniform came in - big dude, young, with hard blue eyes. I saw her eyes warn him without speaking. He nodded. "Ms. Simpson, may I sit down?" Big guy; gentle voice. I nodded. He smiled thanks. "Can you start at the beginning please and walk me through what happened?"

I squeezed my hands and took a deep breath. "I had gotten word this morning that Sheri had been approved for her summer job to start a month early in May. I told Sheri and my P.A., Linda, of the news. We were going out to lunch to celebrate." The tears started again. "Her hand was in mine. I felt her squeeze my hand, saw her stiffen, her eyes widened in pain, and she fell. Linda screamed. I turned and saw Cindy, that's who stabbed her, with the knife raised again." Deep breath. "She used to work for the same company. She was fired." I shook my head. "Before she could come after me two men grabbed her. One got the knife from her; they both took her to the ground." He was taking notes. I waited.

"This Cindy, do - how long ago was she fired?" I thought; it seemed so long ago.

"Late January I believe." He nodded. He asked for Sheri, Linda and Cindy's last names. I gave them to him.

"Had either of you heard from this Cindy since?" God was I glad I had saved that email!!

"I got an email from her the day she was fired. I can't say for sure but it may have been just before she left. I have it on my computer at work." His eyes widened and he nodded. "I can't say for certain about Sheri. She's never mentioned anything from Cindy." I shrugged. More nodding.

"We're going to want that email. Can you tell me any reason why she attacked your friend and came after you?" The tears started again as I remembered our first days together. What will I do if she doesn't ... No, no, you can't go there. The greens were blazing. He waited. I took a deep breath. I love you!

"I had given a talk that included a letter from our C.E.O., announcing a bonus." I looked up at the cop. "It was a surprise. When I left the stage and went back to the table, Sheri stood. She hugged me; I kissed her. No one knew about us." No reaction. "That afternoon after lunch," I continued, "there was a roundtable discussion and a question and answer period. Cindy tried to bait me with a question about my staff. I handled it." I paused to catch my breath and collect myself. "Sheri was held up for a little bit the next morning. I made my opening remarks and headed to the back of the room for coffee. I turned, Cindy was there; she ambushed me. She made some vile remarks." I could see him taking notes as I spoke. I continued, "Before I could reply, another employee from another part of the country, a friend of mine, started in on her. She was blunt and scathing. When she finished I said a few things. Cindy turned and left." I could see Renee shaking her head as I spoke. "Later that morning, I asked Sheri to go to the front desk. I had forgotten something. Cindy went after her; my friends rescued Sheri and brought her safely into the ballroom and away from Cindy." Deep breath. He was still writing. Renee had turned away in disgust.