A Day in Gotham - Batgirl Wins 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
duke1951
duke1951
337 Followers

"Hi Batgirl, welcome back! God, but you had us worried there for a while! I mean I know that you're a bit banged up and all that, but there was no need to go to sleep for that long!! Anyway, lucky I was here really - I knew exactly what would bring you back to us!"

Batgirl didn't understand and her eyebrows narrowed as she tried to speak, but heard only a faint croak escape her lips.

"Don't speak just yet Batgirl, you've got a tube in. You're wondering what brought you round aren't you? It was obvious really.... it was this."

Batgirl felt the sheets covering her move and suddenly she felt a hand resting on that warmly throbbing spot between her legs, fingers gently massaging her pussy hair.

"Actually, it's about the only part of you not covered in bandages and splints and things, but I knew that you'd respond eventually .... good grief, you really are getting quite wet down there you know. You really are so incredibly, sensuously predictable!"

Then the hand disappeared quickly as they both heard doors opening and the nurse bustled back in with a middle-aged doctor, stethoscope dangling around his shoulder. He too looked happy that she'd come round, checked her pulse, dazzled her with his pen-light as he checked her eye responses and eventually nodded back at her.

"Well, Miss Gordon, it's good to meet you at last. You seem to have returned to us in fairly good condition considering." He took her hand and squeezed gently, "Don't worry if you feel dozy and sleepy, you're on a fairly high dose of sedatives. We had to do quite a lot of work on you when you came in, so I'm afraid that you won't be jumping up and down for a while yet! Sister Allison here will be looking after you though, so you're in great hands. I should sleep a bit if you can and then I'll see you again later on my rounds."

With that he smiled and squeezed her hand again before turning to his companion, "Oh, you can remove some of the tubes now Sister, she might want to speak to us at some stage!"

After Sister Allison had finished tidying up around her, re-setting the equipment and finally withdrawing the tube from her mouth, she used a cloth to dribble some water around Batgirl's lips, before letter her have a sip of water through a straw. For some reason, batgirl felt that it was by far the best drink she'd ever had and after running her tongue round her lips she finally managed to speak. It was still croaky, sounded incredibly faint and weak, but she felt so relieved as she heard her own words at last.

"Where am I? What's happened?"

"You're in Gotham City Hospital Barbara," responded Sister Allison gently," You were in a big car accident I'm afraid. Don't worry if you can't remember it. That often happens when you've had a bump on the head. The doctor's have done a brilliant job patching you up though, but you've been in a coma for nearly three weeks, so you're bound to feel a bit disorientated."

"THREE weeks!" Batgirl gasped weakly in surprise, struggling with the enormity of it, "but ............but.........." She really couldn't remember any of it.

"I know," replied the sister, "It's a bit of a shock isn't it? We were starting to get seriously worried that you might not come back to us, but your friend here never lost faith, did you Holly dear. She's been here ever since you came up from A&E!"

Catgirl's face appeared beside the sister, "Oh I knew that it would take more than a few broken bones to finish Bat...... her! She's very thick-headed you know!" Batgirl wasn't really listening though. She'd started to try and move her legs and arms with an alarming result.

"I can't move!" she panicked, " What's happened to me?"

For a fleeting moment she wondered if this was Catgirl's doing, it would be so typical somehow!

Sister Allison soon quelled that notion though, "Don't worry about that Barbara, we've got you in traction I'm afraid."

Then the horrific details emerged. She had a double break of the left leg, a fractured right ankle, a broken right arm, cracked shoulder blade and four broken ribs. It explained all the pots, splints and tight bandages, and the continuous dull pain. It didn't make her feel better.

As she absorbed the enormity of her injuries, her weakness finally overcame her again and her eyes fluttered shut and she drifted off into sleep again.


4 - Visitors and Shocks


When Batgirl awoke for a second time, she felt stronger and distinctly more rational. She turned her head and saw Catgirl next to her bed in a big easy chair, legs tucked under her and reading a magazine.

"Hi," she whispered tentatively.

Catgirl looked up and beamed at her as she dropped the magazine, jumped up and bounced excitedly over to look down at Batgirl.

"Hey, sleepy head, good to see you again. That's been a long nap - almost fifteen hours! Are you feeling any better? You've just missed your father. Commissioner Gordon came straight down to see you when the doctor contacted him, but you'd nodded off again. He's so happy. I think that he was nearly going to give ME a hug when he came in! But he had to go off to a meeting at City Hall about half an hour ago I'm afraid. I'll get the staff to call him."

Batgirl was shocked at the time span, but she really did feel a lot stronger. She still felt totally confused though, and as no-one else was around she wanted answers.

"Really Catgirl......... what happened? I so totally don't remember anything about a car accident!"

"That'll be because there wasn't one you idiot! Batman had to come up with a cover story when you were brought in. It wasn't brilliant but it had to do. He was a bit of a wreck himself at the time!"

"Why?" she asked and why had the thought of Batman sent a little tremor through her body she wondered.

"Don't you remember anything?!" continued Catgirl, a look of concern flashing over her face, "You know ...... the warehouse .... Leopard man ........ saving Catwoman's life .... her saving your life?"

The mention of Catwoman's name made Batgirl flinch. She'd started to get some vague recollections of a big warehouse piled high with wooden crates, darkness all around as a storm buffeted the old building. But saving Catwoman's life? That didn't sound right. She knew instinctively that she hated the woman. Why would she save her? It didn't make sense. And the biggest shock had been the last words. Catwoman saving her life? She just wouldn't have done that. None of it made any sense!!

"Come on Batgirl," prompted her companion, " don't you remember Leopard Man getting ready to throw Catwoman off that high gantry onto the concrete floor. God it makes me shiver to think about it even now. The way that he'd ripped up her costume in the fight. It was absolutely shredded. Scratches and cuts everywhere, her tits hanging out. It was awful! You were the only one who could do anything because the rest of us were in plain view on the warehouse floor, and then you found your way onto that decrepit metal gangway high along the wall. I wasn't sure that you'd do it you know. I know that you don't like Catwoman but when you made that jump towards the gantry it was just so ...........so incredibly brave!"

Batgirl's memory was starting to flood back, "You're right.... I was right there, just ready to pounce on him. I had him! But something .............." her memory faded again.

"You were just unlucky Batgirl," added Catgirl as Batgirl's words faded, "When you made your leap the old walkway snapped and you fell short of the gantry and Leopard Man fended you off. God it was absolutely horrendous to hear you bounce off those awful wooden crates on the way down and when you landed on the floor with such a sickening thud..... well, we all thought you were dead.... in fact, technically you were."

Batgirl was struggling now, "But how did I save Catwoman then?"

"Oh, she's a pretty sassy female is my Catwoman! Fending you off had left Leopard Man off balance and he'd lost his grip on the tether he was using to restrain her. She managed to spin round and get her feet into his fat belly and launched him over the edge! He landed on his head! There was no doubt about him being dead!"

"But I was ..... dead ... technically ......? I don't understand!"

"Yeah, right. Well, Batman had run straight over to you, cradled your head, sobbing and just announced that you were dead. I wasn't much use I'm afraid. I'd expected it after I saw the fall, and I just burst into tears. But Catwoman had slithered down a chain from the gantry, and she rushed over and took charge. I thought that she was just consoling Batman at first but then she bent over you. God you did look a mess you know, legs and arms at impossible angles......yuk"

"Will you get on with it!" snapped Batgirl impatiently.

"Oh all right... no need to get snappy Batgirl.... I see that you're starting to feel better then! Anyway, to continue, Catwoman somehow found the faintest of pulses in your neck. She called Batman a 'useless idiot' and pushed him aside. She shouted at us to get an ambulance and then spent the next ten minutes massaging your heart to keep you going until the paramedics arrived. She really did save your life Batgirl ... however much you might not want to believe it!"

Batgirl sighed and closed her eyes. That was all she needed. Owing Catwoman her life! Still, she brightened up a little as she realised that she'd saved Catwoman's life first so technically that made them even again. Maybe it wasn't that bad after all. Then Catgirl made it all worse again.

"Anyway, one good thing came out of it. After they'd got you settled here, Batman and Catwoman had a long discussion and guess what?! They've decided to team up and fight Gotham's bad guys together again. So we'll be partners! Robin and I were really stoked at the news!"

"Oh no! I don't believe it," gasped Batgirl.

"You know Batgirl, you're lucky that I'm not a sensitive sort ," laughed Catgirl in mock annoyance.

"It's not you Catgirl. I'm totally happy to be your partner," Batgirl felt her cheeks redden as she suddenly remembered their recent hotel session together, "Well, assuming that you stop tying me up everywhere ....... but Catwoman? I don't believe that she'll ever give up on the jewellery heists ......... do you?"

Catgirl had the good grace to just smile back innocently.

--------**---------

The next day Batman visited, and Batgirl got a further shock

He came in his civilian guise as multi-millionaire Bruce Wayne, looking extremely smart and fit in a casual blue jacket and grey slacks, his powerful body easily filling out the plain white shirt. He was smiling as he hugged Catgirl and came forward to Batgirl's bedside.

"Hello Barbara dear, I'm so pleased that you're recovering so well. We were really quite worried for a while and..........." he said warmly until Batgirl glanced over his shoulder and interrupted.

"What's SHE doing here!!"

Batgirl was glaring at a tall, shapely woman who'd come in with Robin after Batman and was wearing a clinging blue trouser suit under her narrow face and tumbling black curls. The flared trouser legs did wonders for showing off her trim figure. Batgirl had immediately recognised her as the slut of a woman who she'd caught sharing Batman's bed some time ago when she, Batgirl, was doing her best to get Batman into hers!

Batman, jerked back at the ferocity of the response but recovered quickly, "Oh Barbara, I don't think that you've met Selina have you?" He waved the woman closer so that Batgirl had a good view of the amused looking expression on her face, " This is Selina Kyle...." Batman added and leaned over to whisper into Batgirl's ear," ..... she's actually better known to you as Catwoman."

"WHAT!" Batgirl was dumbfounded at the revelation.

"And I think that Selina wanted to say something to you, didn't you dear .........."

Batgirl's eyes were still wide with surprise as the woman spoke, her amused expression looking a little fixed by now, "Well, maybe we shouldn't tire her too much just now Bruce darling. We can do this another time....."

Batgirl was seething under all her bandages and had completely forgotten any pain that she'd been in. So Batman had been cavorting with Catwoman for all these months, years maybe! How could he?!

Batman had turned though and fixed the woman with a stern expression, "Selina .........."

So she'd raised her eyes for a moment, and taken a deep breath, struggling a little to get the words out... "Errrrr yes, you're right as usual dear ........ I just wanted to say ......... 'Thank You' Barbara ......... for distracting Leopard Man back there in the warehouse."

Batman was still looking at her, " And ............"

Selina Kyle took an even deeper breath before snapping out, ".....and for probably saving my life!"

Batgirl was still struggling with the revelation that this Selina woman was actually Catwoman, and that she was using words like 'darling' and 'dear' to describe Batman. She didn't at first notice that they all seemed to be waiting for a response. In the end Catgirl leaned over and nudged her, " And isn't there something that you want to say to Selina, Barbara?"

There was a long moment of silence before Batgirl finally managed to spit out some words, "ARE YOU ALL KIDDING ME! You can't seriously expect me to thank a woman who's spent her whole life up to now making mine a misery!!"

Then she directed her ire straight at Batman, "And if you think that she's turned into some goody-two-shoes just because you're fucking the brains out of her you're seriously mistaken!"

Selina smiled as if in triumph, "You see Bruce, I told you it would be waste of time." She turned to the door before continuing nastily, "I think that I'll go now. Barbara looks as though her blood pressure needs to come down, and I get the feeling that there may still be some underlying brain damage. Shame really, those lovely white bandages look so natural on her!"

Then she was gone, Batman staring after her, wide-eyed in shock at Batgirl's sudden outburst.

Catgirl spoiled the moment by linking arms with Robin in the background and chuckling, "Wow, I'd expected it to be difficult with those two but ........!!"


5 - A Conference


Hailsburt1 was just summarising their predicament in front of a gathering of the ship's council.

" Firstly, I must remind you of the cause of our current problem. In principle, we've had an engineering failure of one of the core dimensional energy converters. It doesn't endanger the ship directly, all other systems are fully functional, but it does inhibit our ability to perform dimensional time-slips and hence return to base. To compound matters, the back-up system was also effected and this is almost a more serious fault than the primary failure as it was designed to safeguard the ship against any such fault. It will be the subject a complete design review when we get back."

"IF we get back," interjected one of the twelve council members.

"No, that shouldn't be a problem," went on Hailsburt1 quickly, "We've identified a particularly strong source of our required energy pattern in the local area. It's intermittent, and is only generated in small bursts, but I believe that we can arrange to harvest it over a period of time to a level where we can kick-start the ships converters again, and then return to base for full repairs "

This seemed to go down well with the assembled group, but it was clear that he wasn't yet finished and his long pause suggested some less good news.

"However," he continued finally, "the harvesting cannot be done entirely without impact on the local environment and beings."

This didn't go down at all well in the council and there were immediate protests. It was one of their fundamental directives that they were to carry out missions in complete secrecy.

Hailsburt1 was on the defensive, "My team do believe though that we can harvest at such a low level that we can limit any such effects to such a degree that they will go un-noticed in the host environment."

"Won't that mean taking much longer to attain the desired energy level?" asked the ships weapons officer abruptly.

"Well yes, clearly we can go quicker if we wish, but that will definitely then be noticed locally."

This generated a longer conversation in council with support for faster and slower harvesting almost equally expressed, but in the end the ship's Captain's view prevailed.

"It is our fault that we are in this predicament, not out host's. We will accept the inconvenience of slower harvesting unless there is reason to believe that it will not fulfil our needs. That will be all, thank you for your time."


6 - Recovery and a Bigger Shock


Batgirl's dreamy state of mind was quickly skipping over her long and sometimes painful recovery process.

She remembered with gratitude all the close attention paid by Sister Allison and her staff and the doctors doing their best to minimise the number of operations that she had to endure, but even her fit young body took a long time to recover from the battering it had endured when she'd 'saved' Catwoman's life. She still bridled when she thought about it. She'd actually saved the woman who'd taken 'her' Batman away from her! What an idiot she'd been!

She'd had plenty of visitors to help while away the time though. Friends from the Library would drop in for a chat and to provide illicit food and drink. Her father, Police Commissioner Gordon was there almost every day and she was always so pleased to see his kindly features beaming down on her. The grey hair made him look even more distinguished than ever. Catgirl and Robin were also regular visitors. Catgirl had eventually given up her bedside vigil, after some prompting from Robin, Batgirl had thought. Sister Allison had caught them kissing and canoodling once or twice two often in Batgirl's room and had been rather abrupt in ordering them to desist!

Catgirl was still there regularly for her though. She'd not lost her gratitude for Batgirl having saved Catwoman, so at least someone was happy about it Batgirl reflected. She'd also begun to come in early, when the nursing staff were thinner on the ground and started out on her personal theory that a regime of 'morning orgasms' would speed up Batgirl's recovery. Waking up to an early morning pussy massage was something that Batgirl had gradually become quite addicted to!

After that brief but explosive bust-up over the 'apologies', Catwoman had not returned, either as herself or Selina Kyle, and Batman's visits, though regular as Bruce Wayne , tended to be rather formal and cool. Clearly he hadn't been impressed with Batgirl's attitude to his old flame. Batgirl was gradually beginning to wonder if she'd made a mistake because she still fancied Batman like mad and all that she'd achieved was to drive him right into that damned Selina's clutches! It was so incredibly unfair!!

Then, when her recovery had reached the stage where she was mobile again, at least with crutches, something happened that really did change everything!

She'd just hobbled down to the hospital shop and back for a little exercise, when she stopped outside the door to her private room. Voices were raised inside and she hesitated to burst in. It had been Catgirl and Robin and Batgirl soon wished that she'd been unable to hear anything at all.

It was Catgirl that seemed the most emotive as usual, with Robin doing his best to calm her down.

"Don't be stupid Robin, we've got to tell her at some stage. It's wrong to keep it from her now that we know!"

"I know. I feel bad about it as well, but surely it's got to come from Batman himself. We can't interfere!"

"Oh he's not going to say anything now is he?! It's been almost three months after all!"

"Well, maybe he's just waiting for the right time Catgirl. Things have been a bit strained since that 'event' with Catwoman you know."

duke1951
duke1951
337 Followers