A Difference in Politics Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Hell no," she said rolling her large brilliant light brown eyes, "those shirts are for idiots who wish the sayings were true about them." Laughing more to herself she continued, "Juicy, princess, oh wait I especially hate the ones that say something like," and then her voice changed into a comical imitation, "I'm a bitch, I'm a rich bitch, spoil me because I'm hot."

One glance at Lauren and he could not hold in his laughter, and when he started laughing she did too. The two of them were causing a quite the scene with their fit of laughter.

Grabbing her arm he looked up at her through watery eyes and said, "Most hideous chicks wear them."

"And you know what the funniest things about those shirts are?" Lauren tried to ask through her still heavy laughter, "When a thirty-something year old chick wears them with her overly glossed lips." Stifling her laughter, she looked at Ryan and wiped the tears of laughter out her eyes before saying, "It's like, look broad, act your age and quite trying to fit your old ass into clothes that your daughter should be wearing." Shaking her head she said, "I leave those shirts for the thirteen to seventeen year olds."

"Oh yes, you've pin pointed it," Ryan said holding his stomach in attempts to stop laughing, "The Juicy shirts and pants are also worn by forty year old plastic surgery queens who look good from the back but when you catch a glimpse of their face they resemble Joan Rivers." At that, they both laughed even harder. The more Ryan worked with Lauren, the more he was finding it hard to fight his attraction to her. She was nothing like the girls he normally went for, but she had sexiness to her and an intelligence to match his, and the latter along with the former was what seemed to guide him into her. She had fire like no other girl he had met, and he loved the fact that she did not stand for his tongue. Lauren was like opening a gift from a Secret Santa that you vaguely knew because learning her was a surprise.

Ryan felt as though there was so much about Lauren that he could connect with, and through their work together, Ryan had learned that they shared similar music and movies interest. Lauren was a unique girl, who he could laugh with and simply have a good time with; and like him, she loved to sit back and observe people. He never felt so much for a single girl, but most of all, Ryan had never felt the need to hold back his feelings for a girl. Ryan was so used to having girls fall for him that he did not know what to do with Lauren because he felt that she did not share the same feelings that he himself was struggling not to feel.

When their laughter subsided, Ryan changed the subject and asked a rather personal question that he had wanted to know for the last week. "So, I haven't really seen you around campus with any guys," clearing his throat he added in a playful voice, "I mean, isn't the guy you're with a little irritated that you're hanging with such a stud like me?"

Watching closely, he noticed that her eyes darkened at the question. Feeling a little stupid for asking the question Ryan decided to change the subject, but Lauren answered the question before he could do so.

"Oh there's no one special in my life," she said with a sigh, "I was dating this guy name John Ho for about a semester —"

"Asian John Ho, who plays center for our school team?" Ryan interrupted.

"Yeah," Lauren said a little defensively, "why, you know him?"

"I know of him. I didn't think he'd be your type," he said slowly flipping his dark hair out of his face.

"And what do you think is my type?" Lauren asked smiling slightly.

"No clue," Ryan said shrugging his shoulders in pure honesty.

"Is it because he's Asian?" Lauren asked squinting at him.

"Not at all," he said truthfully, "I never picked you as one to stick to one race anyway." This caused Lauren to laugh outright.

"I could careless who dates who," Lauren said shrugging, "It's not as though it really affects me." Pulling her long legs up so that she could rest her chin on her knees she continued, "He was the first person I dated outside of my race, but for some reason I've always had a thing with Asian men."

"Asian men?" he said laughing aloud.

"Tis not funny" she replied stiffly, "It's not a fetish or anything, just an attraction. I was watching Disturbia the other day, and kept thinking how hot that guy Ronnie was, and it wasn't the first time. The guy from Lost is a babe."

Holding up his arm, "What about a tall white guy, with grey eyes, black hair, and incredible muscles?" Ryan asked in a teasing voice.

He did not expect to hear a serous response, but Lauren turned to him grabbed his collar and readjusted it making her face very close to him and said, "Oh, you are stunning, indeed."

Ryan could feel her breath on his neck; it tickled his nose and hearing her call him stunning surprisingly had an effect on him. He felt a rush hit his stomach and a tingly feeling meet his penis. New desires arrived in him. He was no longer the asshole who made it his mission to piss her off. He was now the stunning man who had had a change of perspective and all the hardness in him that he felt towards her melted away. She was no longer the smart mouth, arrogant, shit talker that he would never consider, because right now, she was a girl that he so desperately was falling for.

Deciding to change the subject before he did something stupid like kiss her Ryan asked,

"So what are you doing today?"

"Oh nothing," said Lauren with a troubled look on her face, "I'll probably go out and play poker or something like that, but I'm not sure because I kind of feel like staying into day."

"I take it you play poker fairly often."

"It's something that I really enjoy. I can be myself there, win money, associate with people I never would before, and have a good time. I love it," Lauren said passionately. Turning towards him, Lauren brushed the hair out of her face and said, "but even as much as I love it, it gets old sometimes. You know what I mean?"

"Yeah I understand you fully," Ryan said truthfully, "I feel the same way everyday. There are so many things I enjoy doing, like partying with my friends, target shooting, playing pool and lacrosse, but it gets old sometimes, and I just want to forget everything and go and lay down without a valid excuse not to leave the bed."

This was all weird to Ryan. Never in his life had he ever felt so connected to one person. Ryan felt as though this girl truly understood him like no other. Everyone expected Ryan to go about his life in robotic fashion. Finish school, get a great high paying powerful job, and find success in family, but he wasn't sure if he wanted to do things in that order.

Looking at her watch Lauren looked up at him, squinted her eyes before saying, "Hey Ryan, it was fun hanging out with you and working on our project but I have got to jet for this cash game I'm playing in."

They said their goodbyes and Ryan watched Lauren hurry away leaving him with his thoughts.

One month had passed since working with Lauren and Ryan was happy to note that they had received full marks on their project. In fact, they had received the highest praise from their professor, which made them both happy, but for Ryan it was more of a mixture of sadness and happiness. Ryan knew that since their project was now at the close he would no longer have an excuse to hang out with the beautiful and charming Lauren, and on the day they received their grade for their project Ryan walked up to Lauren after class and said, "Lauren, we need to go out and celebrate our success on our project."

Eyeing her warily he continued, "We started out as less than friends, but the last few weeks I've grown to learn that you're not a shit-face liberal."

Lauren smiled at him and said, "And I've grown to learn that you're not another idiot conservative."

Walking slowly down the hall Ryan followed Lauren. Turning the corner Lauren asked Ryan, "So what were your ideas of celebration?"

"How about we go to the Underground?" Ryan rushed out, "You know that club located a few blocks from campus? I hear it gets pretty packed there on Fridays."

"That sounds cool with me," Lauren said nodding her head in agreement, "How about I meet you there around eleven?"

"Sounds great," said Ryan with excitement building up in him.

It was Friday and Ryan was standing in the Underground with his best friend Jake and their friend Danny waiting for Lauren to make her entrance. It was about 11:30 when he finally saw Lauren step into the club.

When Lauren saw him, she made a beeline to him and said before he could say anything, "Dance with me." It was more of a command than a request, and without giving him time to consider the request she had grabbed his hand and was leading him out on to the dance floor. His first thought was to resist. He did not go to dance clubs to dance, hell he wasn't even that good of a dancer; he went to dance clubs to drink, socialize, and laugh at all the drunken losers who made fools of themselves on, and off, the dance floor, not to actually dance and potentially make a fool of himself, hell no! But, something in him prevented him from moving his tongue off the roof of his mouth, something prevented him from stopping in his tracks and denying her request. The request came from a girl who he had loathed four weeks ago, a girl who he had barely known three weeks ago, but even bearing those thoughts in mind, he allowed Lauren to lead him out on to the packed dance floor.

Perhaps it was her flowery scent, or the softness of her hand that was gripping his, whatever it was about her had him under a spell, her spell. Reaching the heart of the dance floor, she stopped and so he stopped. The music was loud and he could feel the sound vibrating against his feet, which felt strangely surreal to him. People were bumping left and right into him, and for the first time in a long time, he felt extremely uncomfortable, but all his awkwardness died when she slowly turned around to face him. She had an amused look on her face that made his insides tingle.

'God she's beautiful,' he thought. She looked even more stunning than what he remember her to be yesterday. Lauren's hair hung straight and long down her back in a sleek fashionable cut. He liked the new straight hair because it was sexy, where the old hairstyle was girlish and cute. Lauren's face still looked as beautiful as before, but like before, her large deep light brown eyes rimmed with thick black eyeliner took up her face.

A slow smile spread across Lauren's face, and he wondered what she was thinking. Was she thinking about him, or was her mind wandering through useless transitions that had nothing to do with him? Leaning in close to her, he grabbed her waist and pulled her towards him, daring her to reject his touch, so close that they could feel each other's breath. She started moving seductively swaying to the beat. Despite the fact that the floor was packed and people were bumping into him, Ryan felt as though it was just the two of them alone on the floor.

Biting her lip, Lauren gave him a pointy look, turned around so that her back was towards him, pressed her butt so that it was directly touching his crotch and began to do a slow grinding dance. Just this small action caused blood to rush down below, and he prayed that he would not get a hard-on. What the hell was this girl playing at? His penis was swelling up and there was nowhere to release the tension. Grabbing her waist, he started dancing against her so that his stiff member was bumping into her ass.

'If she is going to dance like that against me, she had better know what it is doing to me,' he thought almost disgustedly.

Leaning his head towards her neck, he whispered in her ear, "What are you doing?"

"Dancing," she said wickedly. Throwing her head back so that her hair danced in the air she laughed aloud. Lauren turned around so that she was once again facing him and put her arms around his neck, she put her face against his so that their foreheads were touching. When she spoke, he could feel her lips brush against his and it took all of his might not to push his lips into hers.

"What do you think I'm trying to do to you?" Searching his face for something Lauren waited for his answer.

"Well," he said carefully so that he said exactly what he thought, "for starters, it seems to me as if you're trying to do more than catch up with lost time." Smiling softly, he continued, "I'd even go so far as to say that a smart girl like you knows that trusting her ass on a average man who is clearly attractive to her will raise," pausing for the right words, "a stiffy".

"You find me attractive?" Lauren asked him.

Not believing his ears Ryan looked her dead in the eyes and said with force,

"There is not a time when I haven't fantasized about you." It was a bold statement but Ryan was tired with the go around, and he was tired of acting as though he wasn't a man who knew what he wanted and went out for it.

"I had no idea that you were such a dirty boy," she said smiling loftily.

"You strike me as a girl who likes to play dirty." he said calmly. They had both stopped dancing and were now standing on the dance floor face to face in a mutual stare down.

"Indeed I am, and you?" she said grinning.

"I've never been one to hold back."

"I like to let go of my inhibitions." It was as if Lauren had an answer for everything, and they were playing a game where the person with the cheek answer would win, he was dancing to her beat, figuratively speaking, and he was doing well. Lauren to him seemed to be a free spirit who would only screw a guy that she wanted to screw, and if he and Lauren happened to do something, he knew it would be at her choice. The song was ending and he was getting hot, Ryan made up his mind to make a move.

"I've got a few James Stewart movies on DVD that we can watch at my house," he said gripping her elbow tightly.

"That sounds good to me," Lauren said to his surprise.

Less than twenty minutes later Ryan and Lauren were back at his place sitting on the couch talking; not looking at her Ryan asked, "Why were you dancing on me like that?"

Picking at a bump on her arm, she said slowly, "What do you mean?"

Turning his head Ryan looked at her closely to see if she was lying or truly dumbfounded. As so often, Lauren's face was an unreadable mask that he could not penetrate. He decided to frame his next question as if she was playing dumb.

"Don't play stupid," he said eyeing her suspiciously, "You were dancing all over me, grinding on me, trying to turn me on or something."

"Oh," she said. Scrunching her brilliant light brown eyes together, she turned her head toward him, and said shrugging her shoulders, "I dance with everyone like that." Lauren had the ability to state things as if they were the obvious when they were not, well at least when they were not the obvious to him. She was a tricky girl and he never knew what she was thinking, and that realization disturbed him.

"Really?" he said keeping the disappointment out his voice. It would not do for her to learn she had an advantage over him, and this was because Ryan was not the type of person who wanted people thinking they had power over him. People in the position of power became bullies, and he would never let someone walk all over him like he was a mouse in a trap.

"Yes," she said lofty, "and why do you ask?"

"For entertainment purposes," he said frankly.

Leaning back on the couch Lauren put her hands behind her head and asked pointedly,

"You want to fuck me?"

Taken aback by her boldness of the question and the fact that it came out of nowhere Ryan sputtered, "Uh ... no ... uh, what, not at all."

What was he doing lying outright? Ryan never lied to a girl about his feelings. This girl had him at his wits' end.

Running his hands through his hair he leaned back in his seat and stared at her, lost for words, and in her eyes he noticed that she appeared to be laughing at him. Suddenly he felt hot anger wash over his body; she was playing a game with him, a game that did not have him laughing. What? Did she get off making him horny and throwing it in his face like a little cock teaser?

Leaning back up, he said a little angrier than intended, "What, you think it's funny? This game or whatever the hell you are playing is? If I told you I wanted to fuck you would it make you feel better? Bet it would make you feel grand that you had control over something for the first time."

Despite trying to stay cool, Ryan could feel his anger growing stronger. Attempting to calm down, Ryan took a deep breath, but could only manage to glare at her, and to his surprise, he saw in Lauren's eyes a little shame, but past the shame, he saw a calm girl waiting to unleash something wild and uncontrollable. He realized then that Lauren wanted him as bad as he wanted her but was fighting it, and losing to herself.

"Why are you holding back?" he heard a hoarse, husky, low voice ask that belong to him.

"Holding back ...?" she said weakly. Lauren ran her fingers nervously through her shiny hair and failed to look at him.

Leaning in towards her, Ryan reached forward and pulled her face up, causing Lauren to jump.

"What are you fighting, Lauren? You have never struck me as a girl who played games. I've always thought of you as someone who knew what they wanted."

Smiling lightly, he said, "What happened to the girl who was full of life and liked to let go of her inhibitions?"

Apparently, it was Lauren's turn to stutter because that was all that was coming out her mouth. She looked utterly confused, which bemused Ryan. Here this chick was trying to play the cool, calm, and aggressive one when she was really the shy reserved one.

"I think it's funny that a few weeks ago we didn't like one another much at all," she said slowly, "and now here I am sitting alone with you contemplating what I feel."

"Well —" but he wasn't able to finish because Lauren had leaned forward right in his personal space — so close that her lips brushed against his, hovering there for a few seconds before she pushed them against his. When her lips touched his, he felt a rush hit his stomach; it was something like a wave slapping against his body, and everything that he was thinking before laid forgotten. Right then the only thing that mattered was kissing

Lauren, and kissing Lauren was putting all that was wrong that week right. The kiss started out slow and surreal, and then without warning his tongue broke the barrier into her warm, sweet mouth, and instead of her kissing him, he was kissing her with a wild force.

Ryan felt his penis swell up and fought the urge to slam her on the ground and take her right there.

Without failing to break the kiss, Lauren pushed Ryan back onto the couch and threw her right leg over his lap so that she was straddling him. Pulling her close he placed a hand behind her head and deepened their kiss while his left hand roamed over every part of her body his fingers could touch. Ryan's one hand was grasping her thighs, squeezing her boobs, feeling her shapely ass, and she was touching him. Ryan felt Lauren's hands rub against his back, then her hands were in his hair, and they felt good. His breath was becoming heavy and he knew that she felt his member that was poking through his pants. Just Lauren sitting on his lap was making him harder.

Breaking the kiss Lauren breathlessly whispered in his ear, "Where is this going, what are we doing?"

"Making out," he said simply.

Pulling her closer to him, he tilted her head back and kissed her lightly on the lips. He traced the outline of her lips with his tongue. He lightly kissed the corner of her mouth making her gasp. He was placing light wet kisses all over her face. Ryan trailed light kisses down her neck, and then back up to her mouth where he pushed his tongue through her lips and into her mouth and they both moaned. His tongue was rubbing against her tongue and massaging the inner of her mouth tasting her sweetness. He wanted her. Every inch of Ryan wanted to make love to Lauren, kissing her was not enough. Grabbing the hem of her shirt, he pulled it off so that all she was wearing was a lacy black bra. Lifting Lauren's skirt up, Ryan pushed her panties aside, stuck his middle finger in her vagina lips, and found that she was soaking wet.