A Dragon Knows What a Dragon Needs

Story Info
Mikal sighed, dropping the quill on the desk.
9.7k words
3.69
15.2k
11
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

So it's been a while... again. For those that enjoyed my previous works, hold onto your seats, this one is a doozy, though incomplete. For those that are new to my work, enjoy. If after reading this you are curious about the chars, might I suggest reading Guests Cum First and then trot over to my non-erotic tale (well partial tale), Soul of Evil.

As always I delight in feedback. Thank you.

*

Mikal sighed, dropping the quill on the desk. Leaning back in the chair he ran his hands through his dark hair. Another round of essays and, again, I volunteered to grade half of them. Why do I let myself get suckered like this? Shaking his head, he stood and ambled over to the wide window. Oh right, cause Kee asks me for help and smiles and I cave like some blithering girl. Mikal laughed softly. He knew and had known for years, that Kee didn't roll the same way he did, but that didn't mean Mikal was immune to the charm and good looks. It wasn't a constant thing, but every now and again the elder Healer's silvery hair, dry wit, intense gray eyes and roguish charm blind sided Mikal. They'd been friends for centuries, and Kee had known him before he'd sworn off all women, but all that aside Kee was a damn sexy man.

Mikal turned from the window just as a soft tap echoed and the door opened wider. He smiled quietly, seeing one of the young apprentices poke their head in.

"Ummm..", "I was sent to ask-"

"If I'm done with all the papers?" Mikal finished. When the apprentice nodded, a bit wide eyed, Mikal grinned, which in hindsight probably didn't help, "Of course I am." He walked over to the desk, plucked up the small stack of papers and held them out to the gob-smacked apprentice. Kee is a horribly man to send a first year on errands like this. "Will you pass a message?"

"O-of course," the poor apprentice managed to stammer out, taking the papers.

Mikal could have just told Kee himself, but, being able to pass messages without being all drooling was as important a lesson as any other taught at Sanctuary, "Good. Tell him DragonsKnight said he's a wretched, nasty man." Mikal's blue eyes sparkled, watching the expression on the poor students face.

"O-oh. Y-yes. He's a wretched, nasty man, right?"

"Perfect," Mikal chuckled. Crossing his arms, he watched the still stunned apprentice gather his wits enough to give a polite half bow before bolting from his office. I'll lay odds one of those papers was his. Jesus, Keellan, you are a truly nasty, nasty man. Sighing, Mikal uncrossed his arms and decided taking a walk might help.

For days he'd been feeling restless, edgy. To the point that the normally calm, dark haired healer had snarled at even his bond-mate. He knew he was on shaky ground, he just needed someplace quiet to try and sort it out. One thing he was absolutely certain of is that it wasn't a cycle. He swung through the dining hall and snagged an apple before he went in search of a quiet garden to mull things over.

The sun had barely dipped below the horizon when Nick's eyes snapped open. He lay still scanning the room with both eyes and senses. All felt as it should. Slowly he sat up and gave a very feline full body stretch before running his hand through his coppery hair. It's early. Almost too early. An annoyed snort, followed by a habitual licking of a fang. He hated waking up early for no discernible reason. Feeling snarly and out of sorts, he sat there trying to figure out why the hell he was awake already.

It's not just that some days I wish I could actually enjoy a sunset, or a sunrise for that matter. I almost can, if I'm careful. No, it's something else. Not danger, I'd know that too. Scythling is fine, taking a bubble bath actually. A soft smile formed as he caught a brief visual of his dark haired, curvacious wife savoring a bubble bath. So what then? It's not Dimitri either. He quickly ruled out any threat or danger to his one sired child. No, it's something else. The copper haired Grand Master vampire/dragon gave an annoyed hiss and flopped back into the sheets.

"I thought you'd outgrow being a petulant child Nickodemus," a familiar, steely voice whispered through his mind.

"Apparently not Kardja. What do you want? Bored playing with Ash yet?"

"He still has need of me Nickodemus."

"Then what the hell are you bugging me for?" Nick's tone bordered on total disrespect. He'd never gotten along with the sentient family sword, but he'd never been point blank rude to it either. Years before they'd come to a grudging admiration for each other, acknowledging that each of them deserved some form of respect.

The still, cold silence hung in the very air before a reply came, "I check on you from time to time Nickodemus Magnus Bedlam II. It's what I do." The words cutting sharply.

Nick winced, both at the tone and hearing his full name, "Perhaps I spoke hastily Kardja," he admitted quickly.

"Perhaps you did."

Nick rolled his eyes. None of this was answering the question of why he was awake so early though.

"I sense a need in you Nickodemus," the sword observed.

Nick sighed and rolled over, burying his head in his arms, "Too early to deal with anything. Not to be rude Kardja, but, go the hell away and let me go back to sleep, or at least just lay here in peace."

The Sword of Bedlam went still. It had never accepted the vampiric part of this one. The dragon was the only part it acknowledged, "Your thinking is too cluttered. You're trying to sort through a wall of swords to find a pin Nickodemus."

"You know I hate riddles."

"Then perhaps you need things simpler. There was a time when we were one, do you recall?"

Nick shivered, "Kind of hard to forget."

"Then do you recall what I am capable of?"

"As far as what exactly?"

"De-cluttering."

"Oh. That."

"Yes. That. Perhaps you should be not cluttered." The suggestion was put out almost mockingly.

Nick flipped over and sat up, eyes wide, "No. Spending damn near a week in you almost killed me Kardja."

"That was inspired, but uncomfortable frankly. However, you were as you were born for that week."

The copper haired vampire shuddered. It had been a horrible, terrifying, yet educational week all those years ago. To protect him from being consumed by the essence of evil, the Sword of Bedlam had found a way to absorb his body into itself. Only it couldn't process the newly acquired vampire part, so it had ignored it. For one week Nick had been just dragon, "N-no thanks. Not again. The rush of the rest returning," Nick trailed off. There weren't words to describe how frightening the influx of his vampiric nature suddenly slamming back into him had been, or how close he'd come to insanity.

"But you are stronger now, true?"

"True in too many ways Kardja. I barely survived it all coming back to me then. I have far more power now, so again, no thank you."

"So you are afraid?" The swords tone going smooth.

Nick took a deep breath. I need to walk carefully here, "Not afraid, I just don't care to test it." He got no reply and after a moment the sense of the sword went away. Nick heaved a sigh of relief and got out of bed.

Two hours later he leaned back in his chair, eying a piece of parchment thoughtfully as he resettled Scythe on his lap.

"Is that from Del?"

"Mmm... it is indeed Pet. Apparently she's been thinking again of new and interesting ways to torment Pretty Boy."

Scythe sighed, resting her head against Nick's shoulder, "Has my brother been acting up again then?"

"No no. I think he's getting complacent," he smiled and licked a fang thoughtfully. What his twin had proposed in her letter was daring and unexpected. He tossed the letter on the desk and relocated Scythe to beside him, where she knelt.

"That's a bad thing."

"Yes, yes it is Scythling. Do you want to hear her proposal?" He looked down at the kneeling Scythe, his green eyes glittering dangerously.

"Yes please."

He gave a soft laugh, "Well, what she proposes is that Talon get an interesting, mind blowing treat of sorts. For whatever reason, he's fascinated by me, which Del knows. He's slavishly devoted to Del, which he damn well better be. He's needy and greedy," Nick shrugged, "Del wants to see what happens if his greed is fed."

Scythe frowned. Needy and greedy? Well, that's Talon alright. Greedy for what though? Oh, of course. Greedy in that he wants both his own and mine too. Scythe's eyes danced a bit as she pondered that. Both Nick and Del. Just the thought brought a rush of wetness between her legs.

Nick cocked his head and regarded Scythe, watching her put the pieces together. He took a deep breath and laughed a soft, dark laugh when she did, "Indeed Scythling. So, my clever Pet, now that you've put it together, what do you think?"

Scythe wiggled a bit, "I think..," she paused. I think it's not fair. She swallowed and looked up at Nick, "I think he's a lucky little bastard that she'd dare to make a proposal like this. He's even luckier that you are even considering it sir."

Nick blinked and then laughed, "What if I make a counter proposal. After all, you have been splendid of late." Even as he spoke he reached for parchment and pen to reply. It was almost dawn by the time he'd talked everything through with Scythe and finished up the letter. Standing, he paced over to the huge draperied windows and twitched the curtain to one side.

A false dawn teased the sky, and he sighed. Something deep inside stirred restlessly and he let the drape fall, turning away. False dawns are better than none I suppose. He left the library to the mercies of the servants, heading up to bed. Once settled, his body wrapped around Scythe, he went over again the plans for Talon. It's been a very long time since I've fully taken a man. Tabarvis was the last. Even Dimitri I've not taken full on, but Del asks me to fuck Her pet? Fuck but not a full feed. She'd rather I not bite at all. He sighed, nuzzling Scythe. Just thinking about it made his head spin. Sighing again, he let his thoughts fade, slipping into a dreamless sleep.

Mikal had spent the entire night trying to sort through thoughts. Nobody had bothered him, though Wind had come out and set some fruit and cheese by him. He sighed, standing and stretching. He hadn't resolved anything and the restlessness was still there. He pushed it to one side and forced himself to go through the day. Whatever it was, it wasn't going anywhere apparently. It was just after dinner, and he was leaving the dinning hall with Wind when they were stopped by Day, of all people.

"Wind, sorry.. need to umm... borrow Mikal for a bit if I might," her lavender eyes glittering oddly.

Wind blinked, looking at his sister, and slowly raised a brow, "Borrow?"

"Yeah," Day shifted restlessly, "Mikal, it's fairly important."

Wind started to say something, but Mikal laid a hand on his shoulder, "It's alright Windling. It's probably just something about student scheduling, or tormenting apprentices."

Day shifted again, "Umm... StarMaster wants to see you Knight." Day was trying very hard to keep it together and not just fly off the handle, grab Mikal and race back up to Seekers Hall.

Mikal blinked, then straightened, "That's a bit different, yes," he looked at Wind, "Go on Windling. Don't wait up I think." Mikal looked at Day, who was practically dancing in circles, at least for her, "Alright StarsSoul, I am, as ever, at his immediate disposal."

As they headed to StarMaster's office, they didn't say a word. Even when they stopped in front of the door, Day simply gave Mikal a swift, silent hug and melted away. Frowning, Mikal knocked, and when the door opened soundlessly stepped in, still puzzling at the hug. An unexpected voice had him whirling around to stare in confusion.

"Hello DeVey."

Mikal blinked a couple times and shook his head. Okay, that is the absolute last person in the entirety of time that I would expect to see sitting in StarMaster's office. His eyes swept over Nick as he felt the familiar twinge of hunger that he had every single time he laid eyes on the copper haired man, "Vis-Viscount."

"Mostly," came the cryptic response.

Mikal cocked his head. His voice is, different. He looks the same, which is as always damn yummy, "This is..unexpected?" Mikal looked in the direction of StarMaster's massive desk and got the second shock for the evening, namely that it was vacant.

"Believe me, it wasn't on my original agenda... Mikal," Nick said quietly, taking in the dark haired healers confusion. I don't think I've ever seen him flustered. It's an interesting look for him.

At the sound of his name, Mikal's head spun back to stare at Nick, "Then why...Nick?"

"Apparently I got a bit too.. snotty... with a certain sword," Nick's mouth twisted into a strange smile.

"You, snotty? Not a word I'd use. Arrogant, high-handed, demanding.."

"You can stop with the flattery Mikal," Nick interupted. The sound of Mikal listing off qualities in his calm baritone sent an odd shiver through Nick.

Mikal found a smile forming as he finally dared approach where Nick still sat, "Okay, you're still you." As he got closer he was becoming more aware of the urge to kiss Nick. It wasn't the first time, but somehow this time he couldn't squash it. His eyes swept over him again, stopping when his eyes met glittering green ones.

"For the most part Mikal. I," he paused, meeting Mikal's eyes. I've heard mine described as emeralds, but his, his are as deep as sapphires, "This is.." He stopped, holding Mikal's eye.

Silence, heavy and potent, filled the room as the two men simply stared at each other. It wasn't a power struggle, but rather an emotional one, with each man trying to re-adjust his perceptions of the other.

Nick flowed to his feet and took a deep breath, "Mikal.." Nick found he was almost shivering. He could also feel some of his normally amazing self-control slipping, being replaced with almost curiosity.

Mikal froze and also took a deep breath, "Nick. There...is... something... different.." Mikal found his eyes rivet on Nick's mouth for some reason.

"Yes."

Mikal swallowed and drew another deep breath, "Why..?"

"Because I can...because I need to." The last a strangled whisper.

"Dangerous.." Mikal wasn't sure if he was asking or stating. So close that he could smell Nick. He's taller than me. I knew that, but this close two inches seems a lot more.

"Always." This close Nick found it impossible to not do what desperately needed to be done. A slight shift in weight, a hand reached to caress a cheek, then sliding under the silken dark hair to hold, to steady. Nick dipped his head and let his lips meet Mikal's. Not a deep kiss, but one of curiosity and of warning.

Mikal shuddered and went still as Nick's mouth descended. He placed a hand flat on Nick's broad chest, his fingers tightening slightly on the fine velvet beneath them. The warning was clear, but the curiosity was enticing. Though only a moment, it felt like an eternity, broken by Nick straightening. Mikal was at a loss for words. He stood there, breathing, the feel of Nick's fingers on the back of his neck making even that troublesome.

"Sweet." The word filled with so many things, wonder and curiosity mostly.

Mikal gulped, looking into Nick's eyes, "Never thought.."

"That we'd be standing here, like this?" That sensuous mouth twisting into a smug smile.

"Yeah," Mikal pulled back a bit. Too close, too heady. He froze when Nick's fingers tightened, and he felt a flash of anger, which reflected in his deep blue eyes flashing a brilliant electric blue for a moment.

Nick saw the flash and raised a brow, even as the sight sent a strange thrill through him, "Afraid?"

"No. I want a straight answer though."

Nick sighed, not letting go, "If I give you a straight answer will you listen?"

"I asked didn't I?" Another flash of electric blue.

"Very well. You asked why.. better you should ask how, but that's too long a tale. The why is shorter... I hope," Nick paused, absently caressing the back of Mikal's neck, "The why is that I need.. to remember, perhaps to relearn.. or maybe just learn." The last part was one of the hardest things Nick could remember saying in a very long time. To admit there were things sexual or sensual that he hadn't mastered. He dared to meet those flashing eyes.

Mikal shuddered and fought to stay on his feet. There was no way Nick could have known how incredibly sensitive the back of Mikal's neck was, especially to caresses. His answer though rang true. To learn? From me? Who else is there though that would dare to teach this man anything? Wait, teach, as in.. Mikal blinked and a strange smile formed, "Learn? Nick, I don't know how much I can teach you." Mikal faltered. Why the hell am I saying?

"I don't either, but.."

A strange thrill went through Mikal, followed by one single thought, "What about the temptation to have me as a snack?"

Nick closed his eyes and turned his head, "Not an issue for a bit."

"Oh." Mikal wasn't sure what to say on that, but to see Nick turn away tugged at him. Without thinking he reached out and brushed his fingers along Nick's jaw, "Nick.. I can't promise anything, but... you here, asking..." He brought Nick's face back toward him, and left his hand resting on his cheek. To have an integral part of you suppressed is a form of torture. Compassion filled his eyes as he bent in and kissed Nick, gently. In that kiss was an answer. How could he say anything but yes? This man had at one time been his enemy, then he became someone who'd earned his respect. With that single kiss everything shifted.

Over the years Mikal had from time to time wondered what it would feel like to kiss and be kissed by Nick. Usually in fleeting moments, like when Nick would offer a smug smirk of sorts. Especially with the rare smiles though. He held no romantic illusions, he was too old for that sort of crap, but since his decision to swear off women he'd carefully studied men. He'd eventually come to study Nick. He'd told himself it was because in spite of everything else, The Viscount Bedlam was a valued client for his carvings. He was also an incredible man.

What started as a kiss in reply ended as something very different. Nick's lips stayed soft for a long moment. Almost passive, almost. What didn't stay still were Nick's fingers, which slid across the back of Mikal's neck again, seemingly involuntary. Perhaps it was, but the result was anything but. Mikal shifted, shuddering, trying to dodge those fingers. Shifted and stepped into Nick's body.

Body to body, everywhere their bodies touch making each of them hyper aware of the other. Nick reacted first, sliding his other hand along Mikal's jaw as he took control of the kiss. Were he fully himself, the need to feed would have blotted out any other reasoning. That wasn't an issue now, so the need became to taste, explore and demand. All of which he did with almost blinding speed. He asked for, then demanded Mikal's mouth yield. He explored with brutal sweetness every inch he could. His fingers slid deeper into the dark hair, fascinated by how rich and silken it was under his fingers. Silky hair, silky mouth. How did I forget this? Lost in the exploration, the sensations, wanting to devour, his fingers tightened in Mikal's hair and on his neck.

For a blinding instant Mikal was swept away by the swift change in the kiss, from careful to demanding in seconds. The feel of Nick's hands in his hair and on the back of his neck, demanding he yield. Willingly Mikal yielded his mouth, letting his hand slid up Nick's broad chest, pausing on his shoulder then finding a home in the heavy strands of copper hair. How can I teach someone who tastes of sheer power and feels like heavy silk?

Both men groaned and by almost unspoken consent broke the entangling kiss, but not their hold on each other. Mikal met Nick's eyes, "I think that if you truly want me to be able to teach you anything Nickodemus, kissing me like that would be ill advised."