A Further Taste of Candy

Story Info
Fencer and BBW continue their relationship.
5k words
4.65
18k
3
Story does not have any tags
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Bill turned his junky-looking, mid-50's vintage car onto the street that led to the nearby Cal State University, and ran a nervous hand through his dark brown hair. He was hoping he hadn't kept Candy waiting long, his 20-year-old car had refused to start that Saturday morning until he had thumped on the starter motor a few times with a piece of iron pipe. He promised himself that he would personally fix that right after graduation. It had to last long enough until he could afford regular payments on a new car.

He looked down the block and breathed a sight of relief when he saw her just walking through the doors of her apartment building to wait at the curb. She was easy to spot from a distance, her bright carrot-red hair shone like a beacon in the June morning sunshine. Bill never tired of looking at her, her creamy complexion with its spray of freckles, her sky-blue eyes, her plump, curvy body and the sure way she moved. He was pleased that she'd lost some of her introverted self-consciousness and started wearing clothes that fit well instead of the shapeless, baggy things she favored when they first met at the annual University Athletic Department party.

Bill had barged into the middle of a philosophical discussion between Candy and two of her teammates and tried to be gallant by shooing away a drunken classmate of his. Candy had traded sarcastic remarks with him for most of the evening, but somehow they fell into each other's arms and didn't let go. They had been an item around the campus for the last two years. Some found it odd that a trim fencer would fall for a curvy weightlifter, but they took delight in each other's wit and humor.

Bill pulled over to the curb where Candy was waiting. Today she was wearing a reasonably tight souvenir tee shirt over jeans that hugged her curves. The generous slopes of her breasts made it somewhat difficult to read the weightlifting competition logo and message on the shirt. Her event was powerlifting and though she looked plump and soft, there was coiled steel hiding beneath the softness. She tossed her book bag into the back seat and slid across the front towards Bill.

"Good morning, beautiful." He grinned at her, starting their usual morning banter.

"Not beautiful," she snorted as always, "I'm the fat girl, remember?"

"That's bullshit, beautiful." He corrected her then leaned towards her for a welcoming kiss.

She always ran one hand into Bill's dark hair, holding him close and letting his droopy mustache tickle her skin. His agile, precise fencer's hands played with the sensitive spots on her lower back and just below her ear. She usually made a little happy noise when he did that. Not quite a moan, but something just between an "ahh" and an "mmm."

After a few minutes, they untangled their tongues and headed for the University library. With graduation so close, they both had last minute classwork to finish. They kept busy for the next few hours, their noses deep into their books, notes and papers. A bit past one o'clock Bill mentioned that it was about time for lunch.

"We can go to my place, I'll make sandwiches." He promised.

"Yeah, I've got enough info to finish up there. Let's go." She gathered up her books and papers.

======

Bill's mother Julie was finishing her own classroom paperwork when they arrived. Her elementary school would soon be out for the summer and she had deadlines to meet for her student's grades and evaluations. She looked up briefly from the cluttered dining room table when Bill and Candy walked in.

"Hi Candy, good to see you. There's some sun tea in the fridge. Bill, you'd better set another jar out to brew."

"Thanks, Mrs. P." Candy grabbed cups from the cabinet and filled them with iced tea while Bill dropped teabags into a gallon jug of water. He walked the jug out to the sunny part of the porch, then returned and took inventory of the sandwich fixings.

"What would you like?" He asked, poking around in the refrigerator. "Ham and cheese, just cheese or peanut butter and jelly?"

"Tuna salad?" She asked hopefully, pointing to a can on the cabinet shelf.

"Tuna it is." Bill threw together the sandwiches quickly and put sliced watermelon on the side. "Grab your books and we can sit outside in the shade."

======

They stayed outside after eating in the shade of the backyard tree, perched on folding aluminum and webbing chairs. Unlike the library, in the backyard they were free to joke and touch each other as they pleased. After a while, Bill's mother let them know that she was going to the supermarket to pick up some supplies for dinner. They waved at her and went on with their studies and teasing.

"The webbing on these chairs is going to leave a waffle pattern on my backside." Candy complained as she reached around and adjusted her seat. Finding an envelope still in her back pocket, she brought it out.

"It's a shame to ruin such a pretty bottom with a waffle pattern. What's that?" Bill caught sight of the envelope.

"Here I thought you'd say something about pouring syrup on waffles." She stared at the envelope, flipping it over before continuing. "It's a reply to a resume that I sent out. It came yesterday, I haven't even opened it yet."

"Don't keep me in suspense, open it." Bill leaned over to look a bit closer. "Nebraska? You sent a resume halfway across the country?"

"I sent out a lot of resumes and only got a few decent offers. Nobody wants to pay very much for a recent graduate with only a bachelor's degree in math. They all want a Masters or Ph.D." She tore the flap open, extracted the letter and scanned it. "Wow, this is the best offer I've had so far, by about 20 percent. I'd be crazy not to take it."

"But Nebraska?" Bill looked worried.

"I know, it's a corny place, but there's a lot of insurance companies in Omaha and they all need actuarial data. This is from a consulting firm that does data acquisition, actuarial tables and statistical auditing. It's a lot of finite math and statistics. Bill, this is a great job."

"Omaha." He said, letting it bounce around in his mind. "Nebraska. I... I thought we'd stay around here. I've got a decent offer from a company that makes electrical controls for heating and A/C. It's just on the other side of town."

Candy looked at him, noting his worried expression. "You've never been on your own, have you? I didn't realize that. It's okay Bill, it's not that difficult."

"No, I haven't ever been on my own. Look at me, I still live here with my parents and I'd... I..."

"You're afraid of being alone." Candy blinked. "I've never seen this side of you."

"Uh, I'd rather call it reluctance. Yeah, I wanted to go straight from here to us being together. Somehow I just assumed..."

"This is something I need to do. I've wanted a better life and I'm not going to pass up this opportunity."

Bill's expression became even more worried. "I... I'll tell you what, Candy. I'll go into the placement office on Monday and look for something in Omaha." Bill nervously tugged on the end of his mustache. "They've got to have electrical companies there that need a new engineer. I'll come with you as long as we can be together."

"I'm sure we can find apartments near each other in Omaha."

"No, Candy. I was hoping that we'd move in together."

"I'm not sure I'm ready for that Bill. I've been on my own for so long..." Her eyes got a distant look in them. "When Daddy died, Mom retreated inside herself. I had to take care of myself, hell I had to take care of her, too. All she would do is work, sleep and eat. You don't know what it's like to be an eleven-year-old girl and doing all the food shopping by yourself. I don't want to end up taking care of someone again."

"You don't have to worry about that anymore." Bill ran his fingers down her arm. "You've got me to take care of you now. In fact, you're stuck with me, so get used to it."

"But moving in together... I don't think I'm ready for that. I've never been alone and I want that, at least for a while. I want to get away from my annoying roommates."

"Candy, I love you and I want to stay with you." Bill's expression was still one of near panic. "I'll take care of you, not the other way around."

"But what if it doesn't work out. What if... if... remember what you said about promises just being words and getting hit by a car? What if something happens? Are we ready?"

"I've got a solution to this. You once said that you wanted commitment, well here it is." Bill went to his knees in the grass in front of her chair, taking her hands in his. He looked up at her a moment with a serious expression before speaking again, using her real name instead of her nickname. "Candy... Euphonia please marry me."

Candy looked stunned. Her mouth hung open and she was making confused little noises instead of words. Finally she closed her mouth, shook her head and pulled her hands away from Bill's.

"Bill, I... I can't... I don't know. This is too sudden." Candy rose to her feet and walked across the patio, staring at the floor. "I didn't think you'd ask me this now. I thought we would talk about it first, sometime after graduation."

"But we might not have a chance to talk about it before you move away. Now would be the perfect time, while we're still close to family and friends." Bill stood and tried to go to her, but she waved him back.

Candy hid her face in her hands, her shoulders twitched slightly as she tried not to cry. Just then, Bill's mother stuck her head into the backyard.

"I'm back from the store." She looked at Candy. "What's wrong? Bill, what did you do to her?"

She came out and put her arms around Candy, making little motherly reassuring sounds. After a few sniffles, Candy couldn't hold back the tears any longer and started crying. Julie produced a tissue from somewhere and glared at her son as if to emphasize her accusation.

Instead of answering her question, Bill had a question of his own. "Uh, Mom, do you still have great-grandma's ring? I kind of need it."

"Bill! You didn't." Julie exclaimed. "You did! Oh honey, that's wonderful."

"But I haven't decided. I don't know what to do." Candy squeaked out through her tears.

Bill quickly explained the Omaha situation to his mother. Candy finally got her tears under control, but still sniffled a bit.

"Now I feel like a jerk. You promised to tell me if I was being a jerk. I'm sorry, I never wanted to make you cry." Bill was close to tears himself. "I told you before, I'll wait for you Candy, you're worth it."

"No fair." Candy said wiping her eyes. "No fair playing with my emotions that way. You'll say all those sweet things to make my head spin and then kiss me when I least expect it and I won't be able to think right."

Bill let his head drop forward. "Am I that much of a jerk?" He looked dejected.

"Don't let it worry you, his father's the same way, plays on my emotions like a violin." Julie handed Candy another tissue and patted her on the shoulder. There was a smile on her face. "I'm sure he does it because he loves you. That's why Lloyd does it to me. Come on in and help me prepare dinner, it'll give you time to think."

Bill started to follow them into the house, but Julie stopped him with a glare and a gesture. Bill wandered around the backyard aimlessly, unable to sit or even stand still.

Candy poured her heart out to Julie as they prepared dinner. She talked about her confusion, how much she wanted Bill, but was wary of moving too fast because of the jerks that had tried to get into her pants for a one night stand, assuming her weight would make her desperate for a man. She talked about how Bill tried her patience by playing with her emotions and now she was annoyed at him for not wanting to move away from home on his own. She told Julie about her past, the death of her father and how she was pretty much taking care of her mother for years until mother could take care of herself again. She found it ironic that she had originally teased Bill about not making a commitment, now here she was afraid to say yes to his proposal.

"Men are like that." Julie nodded in sympathy. "They know that women have strong emotions and they play on our feelings to get what they want. Let me tell you how Lloyd twisted my arm to get me to marry him..."

Bill's father chose that moment to arrive home from the store that he managed. Julie quickly shushed him and shooed him out into the backyard with Bill so she could continue talking with Candy.

"What's going on here Bill?" Lloyd closed the patio door behind him and switched on the outdoor lights against the evening gloom. "Your mother just chased me out of the house. What's wrong with Candy?"

"Hi Dad, how's the furniture store?"

"Don't change the subject."

"Ah, it's like this. I just proposed to Candy so we could be together if she accepts this job offer she got from Omaha. She started crying and now I'm some kind of jerk for wanting to do the right thing." He shook his head in confusion. "I don't understand women. How did you get Mom to marry you?"

"Women are like that. I had to twist her arm to get her to marry me. Literally." Lloyd grinned at the memory and at Bill's stunned expression. "It was the late 40's, I'd been out of the Army for almost two years and I had been seeing your mother most of that time. One day I was showing her some jujitsu moves that I'd picked up with the occupation in Japan. She wanted me to teach her how to defend herself. Well, she got a little too wild and dislocated her arm. I had to drive her to the hospital. The nurse wouldn't let me go with her into the emergency room until I said that I was her fiancee. Just to make it official, I proposed while the doctor was setting her joint back in place. She was so full of painkillers that she didn't understand the question at first, and she barely remembered it afterward. I had to get a signed statement from the doctor that he witnessed it before she believed me. She was mad at first but she got over it in time for the wedding."

"Uh, how come I've never heard this story before? This is true?" Bill finally sat down. "But Dad, I don't think that's going to help me. Candy's a weightlifter. If I tried twisting her arm, she'd pull mine out of its socket and probably beat me over the head with it."

Julie stuck her head into the backyard again announcing that dinner was ready. They sat at the smaller kitchen table since the dining room was still cluttered with Julie's paperwork. Everyone made small talk, avoiding the subject of the proposal until they were nearly finished eating.

"I think this is what you wanted earlier." Julie passed a small manila envelope to Bill.

It was a tiny envelope, about an inch wide by two inches tall. He opened it and a golden ring, slightly discolored with a patina of age fell into his palm. It was a very old fashioned looking ring set with a small diamond and two rubies. Bill held it out to Candy.

"It's beautiful." She stared but didn't touch it. "It looks very old."

"It belonged to my great-grandmother, probably a hundred years old or more." Bill rolled the ring over in his hand. "It's yours if want it, all you have to do is say yes."

Bill looked at her with pleading eyes. When Candy didn't answer, he put the ring back into the envelope and stuck it in his pocket. He turned his attention back to his plate, taking the last few bites glumly in silence.

"Bill, right at the start I told you to go slowly, remember? You've been so considerate the whole time we've been seeing each other, but I need more time. I need to know that you'll be my partner, not someone that I have to take care of. You didn't even buy a new engagement ring for me."

Candy rested her hand on his arm, trying to get him to say something. Bill stopped eating and just let his head hang. Bill's parents exchanged a knowing look, then quietly moved their nearly empty plates to the kitchen counter before heading to the living room. Soon the sound of the TV set drifted into the kitchen. Bill pushed his plate away and blinked his eyes tightly a few times, then looked at Candy.

"Yeah, I guess it was too sudden. It was sudden for me too. I didn't have time to go buy a ring. I'm sorry, the idea just popped into my head and I acted on impulse."

Candy didn't say anything, she just kept looking at him with moist eyes.

"This ring is special and it's handy, that's why I wanted to give it to you. But I've got some money set aside that I was going to use for a car, we can pick a ring out together."

"Did you think I was just going to move in here with your parents?"

"I thought you knew me better than that. I told you I've got money set aside. More than enough for a ring, enough for a deposit on an apartment, too. I think I've found one just a few miles away." He looked down at the ground. "I was going to show it to you as soon as I heard back from the manager. I wanted us to move in together."

Candy nodded slowly. She hadn't realized that Bill was taking the initiative, planning for their future. She found herself both pleased at that and yet annoyed that he was acting without even consulting her. She sat there quietly, trying to make sense of her conflicting emotions. They sat in silence for a while, both of them content to just hold hands and look into each other's eyes. Finally Bill broke the silence.

"Candy, I've tried not to be a jerk, I've tried not to put any pressure on you until now. You've been setting the pace of our relationship for the past two years, since the beginning. That's been fine by me." Bill reached over and ran his hand along the back of her neck, under her hair. "I don't like seeing you this way. Where's that witty redhead that I fell in love with?"

"Damn it Bill, I miss teasing you and all the banter, but you've made this whole evening serious. How could you even think of proposing right now? It's stressful enough with graduation deadlines right around the corner. I can't take time to decide."

"We've been together for two years. I think that's enough time to know that we want to stay together longer." Bill was silent for a moment, then cupped a hand along Candy's cheek, gently framing it. "Let's take the next step. Stay here tonight, stay with me tonight." He kissed her gently and then ran his tongue to her earlobe.

"Bill, I don't know..."

"I want you, I want to please you, make love to you at last. I want to finally see you naked." He whispered breathlessly into her ear, still playing with her earlobe. His left hand played with the back of her neck, his right caressed her side from the edge of her bra down to her hip and back up again.

"You might not like what you see. Bill, I'm not sure."

"Aww, Candy, I want you so much, don't you want me too? I love what I've seen so far and I'd love to see every inch of you. I want to use your freckles to play connect the dots with my tongue until you squirm." He began nibbling on that sensitive spot where her jaw, neck and head all met.

She couldn't keep from giggling at his words and the tickle of his mustache. He felt her relax, the tension fading under his hands. Her long-suppressed desire overpowered the tumultuous emotions of the day and she reached up and grabbed a handful of his dark hair, guiding his mouth back to her lips for a deep but brief kiss. It was Bill that pulled away first. He took Candy by the hands, raised her out of the chair and into his arms for another deep kiss, their tongues exploring the now-familiar territory of each other's mouth. It was Candy's turn to break the kiss first. She didn't say a word, the look in her eyes was enough. Bill eased his arms from around her and led her by the hand, down the hall to his room. Once inside, he switched on the bedside lamp.

"No, leave it dark. Please?"

12