A Ghoul for a Husband Ch. 01

Story Info
Freedom craving lady runs.
1.8k words
4.36
11.6k
1

Part 1 of the 3 part series

Updated 10/02/2022
Created 11/13/2008
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Hey, just so you know:

This is set in my own little version of medieval times. Also, the main character is named Chianna. Chia is just a nickname, a shortening of Chianna, so I'm letting you know now, before you ask. Isn't that efficient? Hope you enjoy! Tell me if you want more or not.

-Frenchesca

<><><><>

"Are you ready yet Chianna?"

When no answer came from the room, Chias mother Mary knocked on the door. When still no answer came, she went inside.

"Mama, did you find her?" Chias sister Anna asked. When she looked through the open doorway, she chuckled. "Looks like she escaped, mom." she said, pointing to the open window.

"Honestly!" Mary huffed, agitated. "Why can't she just act like a normal girl for once? We're going off to a party, and she's off jumping from second floor windows? Why? It's bad enough she wouldn't wear the dress I picked out, but now she runs away?"

Anna smiled at the antics of here older sister, and led their ranting mother down the stairs to the living room, hoping that their father could calm her. Eventually, when she finally calmed a little, Mary stood by the window, looking for her eldest daughter. "Let's just hope that she doesn't get into any more fights. It isn't appropriate from a lady of her stature. She is a Dukes daughter after all. Send the guards, just to be safe."

^*^*^

"I finally got away! Now to just run far enough..." Chia remembered the last time she had escaped like that. Her mother had sent their guards out to find her. When they had she had beaten away four before they trapped her, and forced her back home.

Chia longed for freedom to do as she pleased, but being a woman she was supposed to be more reserved, and quiet. She had one thing to say to that: Fuck it. No matter what, she would get the freedom she so desperately craved.

'One day soon. If not this year, then the next.' she pledged herself as she ran through the nearby forest. She refused to go to parties and balls because she knew that if she went, her mother would try to match her up with some guy, and that would only limit her options even more.

She made her way into her favorite clearing in the woods, an area with a beautiful lake. 'I bet if I got married I'd be forbidden to be here. Why would anyone be against letting someone come here though? I just don't get courtly life.' she thought as she pulled off her shoes and stockings. She waded into the water, closing her eyes, and focusing on only what she felt and heard.

She had been standing serenely still with the wind on her face, and water lapping at her knees, completely at one with nature, unmovable by any earthly force for almost half an hour before something clicked awake in her mind and her eyes opened. She was surrounded on all sides; She could hear their clumsy movements as they slowly advanced towards her.

'My unity has been obstructed... or has it?' she thought before she quickly turned around and sweep kicked the man who was trying to sneak up behind her. She closed her eyes once more and stood still as she reached out with her senses. She could tell they had brought more guards to get her this time, at least 5 more. True, she was a good fighter, but something was off with her that day, and she didn't want the hassle.

She let her head fall backward before calling out "I give up today. Just today. Take me home." and collapsing into the water. As she sank deeper and deeper she could just barely make out their confused voices.

Before she completely sank to the shallow bottom, she could almost swear she heard a voice whispering to her. It said "I'll come for you soon. Wait for me." It took her a few seconds before she realized it was herself who had whispered it. She didn't get a chance to ponder on it though, as she blacked out from lack of air.

^*^*^

"Mistress, are you awake yet? Your mother is being very distressed about your state, and I don't wish to worry her any longer; Her ravings are only fun to watch for so long. She was convinced that you were going to die from that little stunt you pulled at the lake. My lady, please don't drown like that, you had us all worried!"

Chia smiled as she sat up in her bed. Her mother may rant for hours, but her maid could be even worse. "Bridgette, please. Mother can worry a little; It gives her something to do. Now, are you going to help me get dressed or will I have to give you an order? Those are vile things, those orders."

Bridgette giggled and set to work, picking out an outfit for her mistress. A few years ago Chia had gotten in to a fight with Mary about why she should wear dresses, since Chia kept wearing men's clothes instead. In a fit of rage, Chia had pushed Mary out of the room and locked the door. When she was finally let back inside, all of Chias dresses had had the skirts cut off of them, reducing them to shirts. Mary knew that Chia would just do the same to any new dresses, so she improvised. She got Chia long skirt-like pants. If she stood straight, it looked as if she was wearing a skirt. Chia accepted this option and now her wardrobe consisted of only pants and shirts, just as she wanted it.

After Chia was dressed she grabbed a brush and left her room, brushing her long hair as she went. Anna hugged her when she reached the kitchen and then hurried back to her seat at the table. Chia took a seat next to her sister and was quickly given a plate by one of the servants. Just as she started eating her breakfast her mother decided to confront her.

"Chianna, why did you run away last night?"

Chia stopped eating and rolled her eyes at her mother. They'd had this conversation more than a handful of times, but her mother still asked her about it. Usually she said something about just not wanting to go, but today wasn't usual. Ever since her 18th birthday a week ago she had been feeling...different.

"Mary, why do you think I do that?"

Mary seemed slightly surprised that she hadn't given her usual reply, but didn't let it stop her from getting her explanation. "Don't try to redirect the questions to me, I asked you first you tricky little girl."

"Ah yes mother, you caught me. As your reward, I shall tell you." Chia got up out of her seat and walked to a nearby window. She knew that she was just flustering her mother more, but she wouldn't get what she wanted to know out of her by getting angry.

"You know about that lake that I like to run off to, don't you Mary?" she began, turning to her mother. At her Marys small nod and curious look she continued. "Well you may not be able to understand it, you being you and all, but that lake is...special to me. Every night it calls out to my soul. If I go to that lake and stand in it, it helps me free my mind, and it enhances my senses. It seems that the spot has healing and magical amplifying abilities. I've been doing some research on it, and have found that it lies on the point that ley lines cross on. Right in the middle of the lake."

Her mother seemed shocked for a minute before becoming serious again. "Young lady, don't even think of using those ley lines. You don't know what could happen, it may take away your magic, and that would end the family legacy. We still don't know if Anna inherited your fathers abilities, so for now you are our families last hope of carrying on the magic to the next generation."

At the mention of her name Anna fidgeted. Chia knew Anna didn't want to be the next to be used like she was going to be. Mary was going to try to sell her off to someone of power, effectively ensuring that their family legacy continued, that there was one less mouth to feed, and that she would get paid a hefty sum for her daughter. Chia briefly wished that their father was here and could calm down their mother, but he had left this morning to go off and fight in the new war, which only made Mary even more agitated that day.

"Yes, yes, dear Mary, I'll try to head your words. I make no promises though, as I do not know the future. Ever since my 18th birthday it seems to be attracting me to it. I can only hope that whatever the fates wish me to do with the lines that it will help and not harm me." Chia said, finished with the topic. She walked back to her seat, picked up her plate, and walked towards the front door. At her mothers calls she yelled that she would be back within the hour, and swiftly left.

^*^*^

Having finished her breakfast on the way there, she waded into the lake, tossing the plate away along with her boots. She stood, once more one with nature, in control of herself. It was only when her mind finally sorted itself out that she remembered her words from the night before. 'Who was I talking to?' Even with her now cleared mind she couldn't find the answer.

She stripped out of her clothes and waded into the deeper parts of the lake. As she swam through the water, she pondered over why she felt so...empty. Her life was missing something, something she knew she could never really live life completely without: Love. The real reason she did not wish to be married was because she knew that she would be forced to marry one she would not love. She would die having never truly lived a happy life. She also knew that if she were to be married to a strict man, as she bet her husband would be, she would never have the freedom that she so craved, that she loved.

Chia spotted something shiny in the water and picked it up. When she came back up to get some air she almost screamed. She could have sworn she could see a man near the trees, watching her, but when she focused on the spot he had been at, he was gone. "Creepy..." she whispered as she scampered out the lake to get her clothes. "I was almost sure that there was a man, but..."