A Good Life

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Melody looked at me then licked her lips and said, "OK John. I have really enjoyed talking to you also so let's do it."

I smiled and said, "Great. Do you need to go home first or can we just take my car and go from here?"

"OH, I'm not dressed to go now. I have to shower and change." She said.

I laughed then said, "Fine. If you want to clean up OK but remember where we are going. I bet half the people in there will have manure on their clothes and will go straight from the café to the barn or field again. You look fine to me but we can do it your way if you want."

Melody looked shocked then laughed. "John, when you're right, you are right. Let's go." She reached for my arm and away we went. I can't remember when I enjoyed a meal more.

I hardly got to eat though. Seems like everyone we both knew kept coming up to the table to check us out and talk. It was closing time (9 p.m.) before we left the café I managed to talk Melody into coming into my house for some wine when we got back. We were sitting together on the couch at 1 a.m. when Jessica got back from her date.

"Dad. Ms. Harris. I" then she blushed and looked at her date for the night and said, "We didn't think you'd still be up!"

When Jessica realized what she had implied she moaned, put her hand over her mouth and ran to her room. I looked at a very shocked young man and teacher then smiled. "Excuse me," I said. "I think I need to talk to Jess a minute. Why don't you both sit here while I clear this up?"

Jess was crying when I knocked then entered her room. She threw herself into my arms and said, "Oh, Daddy. I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to say that and I am so sorry I interrupted."

I kissed her and said it was OK then got her to come back out to the family room. When she saw Melody she blushed again and said, "I'm sorry Ms. Harris. I really didn't mean that like it sounded. I was just so surprised you were still here."

Melody said, "That's fine Jessica. I knew what you meant and what you said didn't bother me. I'm sorry we interfered with your time with Nathan."

Melody looked at me and said, "John I really must go. I don't know when I've had so nice a time."

I got up and walked her to her car. As she started to close the door I grabbed it and asked her "Melody. Can I call you? I mean could we do this again please?"

I felt my heart sing and I got a fluttery feeling in my stomach when she smiled and said, "Oh please. I'd like that so much."

Well, that is how it all started. Melody and I began dating and found we were soul mates as they say. I felt so much more in tune with her than I ever did with Susan. I wondered at times what I had ever seen in Susan-especially after she got so nasty during and after the divorce.

As the months progressed I found myself more and more under the spell that Melody cast. We enjoyed going to town for a nice meal and to many of the local and school functions. The world seemed brighter now. I found Melody to be an exciting and sensuous woman.

From thanksgiving on, I was with Melody every moment I could possibly spare from the farm or she could spare from her work. On Valentines Day we went out for a nice candle lit supper. When we returned to my home that night I finally found out how passionate Melody was. I had suspected she was a passionate woman for several months but until that night the most I had been able to get was her wonderful kisses and a few feels of her magnificent breasts from outside her clothes.

Both the children were on dates and I ushered Melody into my house. Her simple red silk dress was amazing. It clung to her like a second skin. The skirt was full and had a delightful swish as she walked. I could tell she wore no bra and I was unable to keep my eyes off her very prominent nipples. They almost poked holes in the low cut bodice of her dress. We sat on my couch and stared into the fireplace as we sipped our wine and talked.

We kissed. At first the kisses were gentle, and then they became more passionate. Melody moaned, then to my surprise pulled my hand under her skirt. As I worked my hand upward, she spread her legs to give me better access. I felt a familiar dampness, one I hadn't felt since well before Thanksgiving when I met Melody. Then I arrived at my destination.

I felt her smoothly shaven pussy, then I heard Melody moan. Her hips tilted upward and my finger slipped into its target. She was so wet. I had never felt a pussy this well lubricated. I kept kissing Melody as I rubbed her clit. Her hips were in continuous motion, and then she grabbed me and pulled my mouth tightly to hers as she went into a large orgasm.

After her orgasm, Melody looked deeply into my eyes, sighed and laid her head back against my chest. I still remember her whisper. She whispered, "I love you John. There will always be a special place in my heart for Jason but I do love you so."

I was so shocked, and then I felt my chest swell. I bent to kiss Melody once again and I said, "I love you too Melody. I have been afraid to tell you for the last two months but I think I already love you more than I ever did Susan."

This was the first time Melody had spent the entire night in my home. It was also the first time we had sex. We were both embarrassed the next morning when we had to face my children. Looking back it is funny but it wasn't that morning.

I had gotten up early to make my morning coffee and was sitting on the patio when Melody came out to join me in a cup. She had been into my closet and was wearing one of my old sweatshirts. It hung about half way down her thighs and I rapidly found out that was all she was wearing.

We were sitting on the swing cuddling as we enjoyed the rising sun, each other and the coffee. We were exchanging gentle, loving kisses and not thinking about anything else when we heard a gasp from behind us.

"Oh, I didn't know... UNHHH, I'm sorry." We heard in Jessica's voice. We then heard rapid steps and the door closing.

I started to get up and Melody put her hand on my arm. She gave me a quick peck and said, "No John. This is my fault and I think I should handle this one for you if you don't mind." She was up and going into the house before I could frame a reply so I just stayed where I was hoping it would all come out OK in the end.

Melody was gone for about 30 minutes and I was starting to worry when she came back onto the patio with a fresh cup of coffee and still in my old shirt. Damn she was sexy! Close behind her came a bemused looking Jessica. She had a small smile on her face as she bent to give me a kiss on my cheek. "Good morning Daddy." She whispered.

Melody didn't leave until nearly 2 p.m. that day. She and Jessica would never tell me what they discussed that morning but I noticed they seemed more relaxed around each other from then on. They were more like friends with a little Mother Daughter interaction thrown in. Whatever, I was pleased. I was even more pleased when Jessica came up to me after Melody left and said, "I'm so happy for both of you Daddy."

I think we knew we would marry from Valentine's Day on but I waited for my once again yearly Memorial Day cookout and party to officially ask Melody to be my wife. She had once again spent the night with me so she could help with the preparation. That morning before we had breakfast or began working on lunch we sat on my patio. I turned to Melody and said, "Mel you look like you belong here. I feel so complete sharing my patio and home with you. You look so happy and content when we sit here watching the sun come up over the creek and burn the fog off. I don't know what I would do without you in my life. Since you have come into my life I feel so complete again."

Melody looked at me funny, almost in anticipation, then she sort of 'sagged' when I didn't say any more. Finally she said, "John I feel content and complete when I am with you also. I love to be with you anywhere but especially I feel that way here in your home with you."

I thought I saw her eyes tear a little when I smiled and said, "Good. I am so glad you feel that way." I didn't say anything else but I felt a little like an asshole when I just got up, gave her a gentle kiss on the lips and said, "Well, shall we start the day?"

That afternoon, just before the food was served I got all my friends together and asked Melody to come to me. I said, "You all know Melody by now and you all know how wonderful she is. I wanted to let you know that she is responsible for almost all of this wonderful meal. She is responsible for the sunshine we have and the happiness we share here today. This morning I told her she looked like she belonged here, that I felt complete with her here."

Melody told me she felt complete and content here with me. I think she was expecting me to say something else but I didn't. I felt Melody tense up as I pulled her closer to me with the arm I had around her waist. I turned to her and said, "Melody I think I hurt your feelings this morning but I wanted to verify your feelings for me and my life one more time before I asked you in front of all our friends to share the rest of our lives together. Melody, will you marry me?"

I was staring Melody in the eyes when I asked the question. I heard a murmur go through the crowd as I reached into my pocket and pulled the ring from it. I held it out toward Melody and was so happy when she raised her left hand to me. Her eyes were tearing as she said in a whisper, "YES, OH, Yes John. I have dreamed about you asking me to marry you ever since Valentine's Day."

Now I stood looking at my Daughter standing beside the church altar across from me. I was musing on the twists and turns we take in life and really not paying close attention to the goings on around me. I heard a murmur and the music started-Mendelssohn's Wedding March. I turned when I heard the guests stand and looked toward the rear of the church. A vision of loveliness was walking down the aisle on the arm of her father. It was my love, my life, my future wife Melody. You could say I now truly have a Melody in my heart once again. It was hard to believe it had only been nine months since she had driven into my yard and heart.

The years have passed by so rapidly now. Jessica finished college and got married. She and her husband took over the Farm store. A few years back Tim and Susan had to close their store due to lack of business. I bought the buildings from the bank and moved my store back into town. It was more than Sally could handle after Sean died. Alex is a Lieutenant in the Army and getting very serious about a senior officer's daughter.

I am sitting once again on my patio in the Indian summer with my favorite morning Beverage-my coffee. I hear giggles coming from the kitchen and turn to see my daughter carrying my new Grandson John through the door. She kneeled beside me and held my first grandchild out for me to see. I was gazing at the most perfect little face and hands when I felt a hand land on my shoulder and a face came into view. A gentle kiss was placed on my lips.

I feel a chill come over me as my mind once again flees down the path of so many years back to the memory I suppressed so long ago. For a fleeting moment I remembered Susan doing that very same thing. Melody looks at me in shock as I recoil a little then she relaxes when I reach up for her neck and pull her to me for a proper kiss. When we break apart she stands and looks at me with a question on her face.

"Honey. When you did that I remembered back to when Susan and I were first married. She used to lay her hand on my shoulder and lean over me for a kiss just like you did. I used to sit here and cry wondering if I would ever have someone to do that to me ever again in my life. I am so, so happy now that I can answer yes to that question. Yes I have someone to do that for me once again and it is so, so much better now."

When I finished I saw tears in Melody's eyes and then I heard Jessica crying quietly. I turned to her and she laid her hand on my knee and said, "Oh Daddy. I know mother hurt you so much but I am so happy for you now."

Life is truly good again.