A Gray Area Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Deity
Deity
65 Followers

'They're perfect for each other.'

"Camone, right?" Chasidy asked, her high pitched voice, once again, startling C.K.

"Actually it's Caden."

"..Right. I'm sorry to hear about your mom. When's the funeral?"

Caden's heart sunk. She looked at Jason for support but he was looking else where. "Um, well, she isn't dead. There is no funeral."

Chasidy wrapped her finger around a curl that had fallen out of place. "Bummer. Jason was talking about it all morning. He said it was about time." She nudged Jason. "I thought you told me she croaked." Jason looked at Chasidy and then Caden. She knew she looked hurt. She could almost see her reflection in Jason's dark eyes. She could feel the sting of tears behind her gray orbs. He was making jokes about her mom. About her mom being dead...

"No, she's alive," Jason informed his voice monotone. Chasidy playfully smacked his arm. "You little liar," she gave a high pitched laugh while walking away. "It was nice talking to you, Camone."

When she was a good distance away Jason opened his mouth to speak but Caden held up a hand.

"She croaked. Is that the word for it?" Caden let a tear fall. Jason growled at himself in distress. He was about to speak but Caden cut him off again. "You told that bitch that my mom croaked?" Caden laughed, but it came out as a pain filled chuckle. "You didn't even stand up for me." Another chuckle. She was laughing at herself. Crying at the same time. "You know what? Chasidy was right. It is about time. Come home as late as you want tonight but I want all your stuff out of my apartment by Saturday. You have what? A day?"

"Caden, it was a joke. It wasn't meant to be hurtful."

"What?" C.K. asked, incredulous. "It wasn't meant to be hurtful? A joke about my mom's death? Tell me, what was going through your head when you thought it was a joke?"

"Caden—"

"No," she cut him off, for the third time. "I want you gone. Out of my life. Out of my bed. Out of my head,"

"Caden, you can't be serious. It wasn't supposed to be hurtful like this. You're overreacting."

"Oh, I'm overreacting? Admit it, Jason. You didn't want me from the beginning. Admit that I was just a place for you to stay. A free ride to Cali. A free ride for sex. A free ride for money. Jesus, Jay, I gave you my car. And slowly for the last couple of months I have slipped down your priority list. And you know it. And now it just seems like you have bigger, better and—" Caden pointed to Chasidy who was gazing at them from the other side of the room. "Blonder, priorities." She paused to let a sob out. "I'm sick of this. I'm sick of being confused. You love me, you don't, you love me, you don't. You want me? Let's fuck. You're hungry? Let's eat. You're broke? I'll pay. No. I'm sick of it...Saturday, Jason."

Caden willed herself to take a few steps backwards, her eyes holding Jason's. "And what are you gonna do?" He asked, just as she was turning away. "You need me, Caden. Stop this independent bullshit that you're trying to pull. I'm the only one that will put up with your shit. You fucking need me. Who's going to pay your rent?"

"Why does it matter? You didn't pay my rent anyway. You don't pay for anything in the condo."

"So what? You're gonna go jump into what's-his-faces arms?"

Caden stopped her retreat. She looked down at her feet then back into Jason's eyes. Had she planned on that? Was she going to run to Jon like the damsel in distress? Could she even trust him?

Caden could only shrug. "At least his arms will be open."

Deity
Deity
65 Followers
12