A Joke Ch. 02 - Texan's Epilogue

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Tx Tall Tales
Tx Tall Tales
20,382 Followers

Lately, she's been spending a lot of evenings at our house. She and Flo are talking about a vacation for the three of us. Our families are overjoyed that Flo and I are back together, and nobody talks about the fact that we're not married. If anyone's aware of the relationship with Alice, they never bring it up.

I'm happy. Happier than I've been in a while. I sometimes think back to how things were for about a year, when things were at their worst. I rarely let the sounds of Flo coming get to me. I've reclaimed that wonderful sound for myself. Sometimes she'll rub the back of my head, through my hair, feeling for the scars. She doesn't say anything, but I know what she's thinking. She tends to get real lovey-dovey after that.

There's a lot of love and laughter in our home now. No jokes or pranks of any kind. None at all.

It works for me.

========================

That's it. There will be no epilogue to the epilogue. A joke carried too far. Payback carried even further. Marriages broken. Relationships shattered. Luckily, most of us are pretty resilient, and it's true that time heals. I chose this ending because at heart, I guess I'm a romantic, and I want people to be happy. Even those who make mistakes. Especially pretty girls. I confess, I have a weakness for those. In the end, I'll normally choose the happy ending.

Except for that damn Roger. He got cancer, testicular. Lost a ball. Picked up three strains of VD from a transvestite hooker. Got fired from his job. Crashed his car. His dog died. He stubs his toe at least twice a day. Someone keeps stealing his newspaper. Gained 60 pounds. His computer gets a virus at least once a week. He lost a second job, and at his latest he asks "Do you want fries with that?" He drives a moped. That's right. A fucking moped.

The high point of his day is when he gets on Literotica and leaves charming comments on stories that other people spend dozens of hours working on, spewing forth vile, poorly written, grammatically incorrect rubbish. Yes, he's Anonymous.

Of course I'm not writing about my Anonymous commenters, for the most part they're reasonable, have good points, and I appreciate their input. Really, it's true. I have no complaints.

No, we're talking about Roger here.

Fuck you Roger.

Tx Tall Tales
Tx Tall Tales
20,382 Followers