A Knightly Tale

Story Info
A Knight and Lady in King Arthur's Court.
2.5k words
4
12.7k
0
Story does not have any tags
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

It's been a good year for the people of Camelot and King Arthur and his Knights. A good Harvest and Plentiful bounty for all subjects of his majesty and Queen Guinevere. Every one was happy as the Spring Festival started to come around. Merlin and the Knights were planning a party that no one in that century had ever seen. Sir Lancelot and Sir Gawain were putting up banners on the castle and the other Knights were decorating the castle grounds in anticipation for all of the people to come and celebrate the new season.

Lady Jeanne and Sir Robert were in their own castle preparing for the festivities. Lady Jeanne is making a wonderful fruit salad and Sir Bob is making a wooden table to put all of the tributes and gifts on for King Arthur and Queen Guinevere from their subjects. Lady Jeanne and Sir Bob had been so happy this past year, So many things have been going on. The Battle which they thought they had lost each other. They are so bonded that they finish each other sentences and know what each other is thinking. Merlin appeared to them.

"Uh oh! Here comes trouble!" Sir Robert said, Jeanne Smiled. Merlin grinned slightly.

"If you only knew..." Merlin said.

"What's wrong Merlin? Has something happened to Arthur?" Jeanne asked concerned.

"No, My Dear. Arthur is fine, everything is going according to schedule for the festival. All is good in Camelot." Merlin answered.

"Then why are you here? and that, 'If you only knew', sounded ominous." Sir Robert said.

"It is true that everything in Camelot is well and good, But outside Camelot, Things are not what they seem." Merlin said.

"Meaning?" Jeanne asked curiously

"Meaning that there might be an attack while the spring festival is going on. People will be having a good time while others are planning devious deeds." Merlin said.

"Does King Arthur know about this?" Sir Robert asked.

"No, Not yet. I wanted to ask you two to go out and look around for anything that might help us contain an attack."

"Don't you think the King should be notified if there is a threat?" Sir Robert asked curiously.

"Yes, All in good time." Merlin said.

"Something doesn't feel right here," Sir Robert said "The King should be the first to know if there is a threat, not us."

"But you forget the mystical powers of your wife. She will be able to contain an attack if it comes to that." Merlin said.

"I know her powers, I almost lost her in that last battle. I don't want to lose her again." Bob said. He looked at her and she smiled back at her Knight. "I still think Arthur should be notified. I am not comfortable going out there and not knowing if we will have the backing for it." Sir Robert said.

"As you wish." Merlin said and disappeared.

"Darling, was that Merlin or not? I think there is something else going on here." Sir Robert said.

"Yes, my Beloved, that was Merlin but you are right. There is something more here than meets the eye." She said. "We will go to Camelot and visit my cousin. Just to make sure." She said. They packed up their goodies for the festival and left in a horse and wagon.

A couple of hours later they arrive at Camelot, people and Knights scurrying around and getting ready for tomorrows festival. The peasants bow and curtsey to her as she rides by. Even though she has been a member of Camelot for a few years now. she never really considered herself any kind of royalty, just a member of the community. She thought she was removed from the royal side of it and just wanted to be a regular person. She never gave herself off as royalty.

They got off of the wagon and unloaded the goodies for the festival. One of the other knights helped Sir Robert bring the table in to the ballroom. King Arthur greeted them as he saw Sir Bob and The other Knight bring in the table.

"What brings you here so early my cousin? The festival starts tomorrow." Arthur said curiously. They kissed each other on each cheek.

"Merlin paid me a visit. Said that there might be an attack. He was very vague, but that is normal with Merlin. He wanted Bob and I to check it out, But we wanted you to know about it as well." Jeanne said. Arthur paced the floor.

"Curious, Merlin mentioned no such attack to me." Arthur said, still pacing the floor.

"He said that no one is who they appear to be. I'm not really sure what that meant." She said. "He was very sure of an eminent attack though. He said my powers can stop it."

"Is there some way we can make sure what Merlin says is true?" Sir Robert asked curiously.

"Merlin has always been truthful to me. There is no reason to doubt his words." Arthur said.

"I understand My Lord," Sir Robert said ashamedly.

"I am not condemning you Good Knight. I understand your apprehension. This is a strange matter to consider." Arthur said.

"If it is true, we will go look and bring you back a full report. I would like to request a couple of your best Knights to come with us. I think we may need a little help." Sir Robert said. He looked at Jeanne. "If that's all right with you Beloved."

"Of course Dear, I was going to suggest it myself." She said and smiled. He smiled back. "One thing Merlin didn't mention is where this attack was coming from. He didn't tell us that part." She said.

"Yes, that IS strange. He mentioned that some people are not what they seem, so maybe, someone from here in the village is plotting something. It might be worth looking around." Arthur said.

"Yes, My lord. We will look around immediately. And keep an eye out on the festivities tomorrow." Sir Robert said. Arthur nodded his approval.

"Good Man you have chosen Cousin. I like his thinking." Arthur said. Jeanne Smiled.

"We chose each other." She said. Arthur smiled. And left them.

"What shall we do now My Beloved?" Bob asked.

"Go to our room and then see if we can help in setting up the decorations for the festival." She said.

"Good plan." He said, They took their bags to their room and then went out to the courtyard.

The peasants bowed and curtsied as they passed,

"Please stop. I am one of you, I don't need to be bowed to. I Just want to be your friend." She said.

"If you say so Mistress." the female Peasant said.

"Yes, I would like that very much." Jeanne answered. The woman bowed again.

"Very well Mistress." She said and left. Jeanne and Robert chuckled.

"You can't get away from it, Darling. They want to love you and you can't get away from it. You need to accept it." Sir Robert said.

"I Have never felt like royalty. You know that. I feel like one of the regular people. Arthur knows what I'm talking about but he can accept it. I don't want to accept it. I feel the need to be close to people. That is my way." She said.

"And that is why they love you Darling. Because you are so accessible. They don't fear you. They don't fear Arthur either but they respect him." Sir Robert said. She smiled.

"You always know the right thing to say." She smiled and they kissed. Sir Robert noticed Sir Gawain looking in their direction.

"We are being watched." He said softly. She turned around and then turned back. She smiled.

"So? Let them watch!" She said, they laughed and kissed again. They walked around the courtyard hand in hand. Greeting all the people and helping with the decorations for the festival.

Night fell quickly. They said goodnight to the people, and they went back in to Camelot for something to eat. There was a feast fit for a king at the round table and all the knights, ladies, Arthur and Queen Guinevere, and Merlin at the table while the servants served them. Sir Robert eyed Merlin suspiciously, and he was curious as to why Sir Gawain was looking at them in the courtyard.

They were talking of the celebration and the decorations and how everyone was excited to have the new season come. Arthur was happy to see his cousin again and so were the other lady's. They had missed Jeanne's company and hope she would stay for a longer period this time.

"Lady Eleanor, You and all of the Ladies, and Queen Guinevere are always welcome in my home. Some times I wish I could just talk to women about a couple of things. But my Knight keeps me SO Busy!" Jeanne said. The women laughed, the men just had bewildered looks on their faces. Which made them laugh even harder. Soon the evening was at a close and they all retired to their rooms. They all said goodnight and went in to their rooms.

"What do I keep you so busy at Beloved?" He asked curiously.

"Sex, Dear." She said and smiled.

"OHHH!" He said and he kissed her. "Have I told you how much I love you?" He asked. "Umm, Yes. Yesterday.... Not heard it today though!" She said kiddingly.

"OH! How could I have been so remiss? I love you with all my heart, all my soul and all my being. I want you, I need you, You are the only love I want." He said. She smiled. They kissed. He maneuvered her clothes off of her and she did the same for him. All the while kissing and caressing. They loved touching one another. They loved being so close and holding each other. They had a wonderful night of love making, one of the best that they have ever had. It seems to get better and better every time they make love. Like being on air, and effortless.

The next morning they awake still holding each other. They love it when they are so close. They get dressed and go downstairs to fix themselves something to eat before going back out and seeing what is happening. Or supposed to happen today.

As they are looking around Merlin and King Arthur are talking in Merlin's lab.

"She is a very smart woman Arthur. Even now she suspects something is wrong with the story I told them." Merlin said.

"Yes I know, You don't have to tell me how smart my cousin is. I know VERY well how smart she is. It would be a disservice to think of her as otherwise. But we must keep this secret. We MUST not let them know what we are planning." Arthur said.

"How long do you think that that will last? Her Knight thinks something is strange as well." Merlin said cautiously.

"Yes I know. He is smarter than I originally gave him credit for. But he and She have mixed so well. They are truly good for each other." Arthur said.

"Yes, I agree." Merlin said.

Jeanne and Robert are walking around checking things out for the festival. She starts to clean a few things up. Straightening out a few barrels and pieces of wood. Another Peasant woman comes over to them.

"No, My lady. You shouldn't be doing this. It is my work, work for a slave and not for a lady such as yourself." She said.

"I don't mind it really. I prefer doing this. I am a regular person, like you." Jeanne said. The woman was taken aback.

"No My Lady. You are far above menial tasks. That is for someone like me, A no one." she said with her head down.

Jeanne lifted the woman's head up. "Listen to me. You are not a no one. You have a right to be here as I do. I don't care about my background or anyone else's for that matter. To me, Everyone has the same rights and place, No matter where you come from." She said, The woman smiled.

"Truly, My Lady?" She asked. Jeanne nodded.

"Yes, I do." Jeanne answered. The woman hugged Jeanne

"That is the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me." The woman said and smiled. They finished cleaning up around the area.

"See? I told you they love you for you and not just because you are King Arthur's cousin." Bob said.

"Yes, you were right, AGAIN!" she said and smiled. They kissed. The woman sighed as they continued cleaning up the area.

A few hours later, the festivities have started. Jugglers, Magicians, Jesters were walking around entertaining the people. Booths were set up so people could sell their wares. Jeanne and Bob were walking around hand in hand and stopped by one of the booths that sold jewelry. He bought Jeanne a necklace and put it on her.

"A beautiful bauble but nothing in comparison to your beauty My Lady." He said. She was overwhelmed by his words. She thought no one could ever talk to her like that. But every time she thinks that he can't say anything to top the last compliment he gave her, he comes out with something new and more beautiful than the last. She hoped it would never stop. She kissed him. and looked lovingly in to his eyes. King Arthur approached a platform that was made for him. He announced to the crowd.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, May I have your Attention please?" Arthur announced. Everyone stopped talking and looked towards the platform. "As most of you know, this is MORE than a celebration for a good harvest, Although that is a very good reason for a party!" He said and everyone laughed.

He continued, "This is MUCH more than a celebration of good food, this is a celebration of a great couple of people who have been with us for a few years and have been married for a year this spring. I know you wanted this to be a thank you for all the work that they have done and the magic that they have brought in to our lives. May I introduce to you all, my cousin Lady Jeanne and her husband Sir Robert." Arthur announced. Jeanne and Bob had shocked looks on their faces and the went up to the platform, as the people applauded.

"Arthur! This is such a surprise! Making us come here under false pretenses, But I love you for it anyway!" Jeanne said and they hugged.

"This wasn't my idea, Well I WOULD'VE thought of it, but it was these people who wanted to do this for you. You are loved here my cousin. I we all hope you will stay." Arthur said.

"Well, I suppose I will just have to then!" She said to Arthur. She turned to the People. "Is that all right with you?" She asked. and they all said yes and applauded. "Well then, How can I refuse?" She said and they applauded more. They all got off of the platform and mingled in with the crowd. The people in the crowd gave them gifts and welcomes.

They went home after 3 days of festivities and had a very good nights sleep.

THE END