A Kuwait Man Becomes Christian

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Samuelx
Samuelx
2,122 Followers

Now, I told you that my father Abdul Alkaabi of Kuwait isn't a very religious man, but even the least practicing Muslim will object to apostasy when he or she sees it. It's something we've been conditioned to reject and abhor from the moment we were born. My father called me on the phone, calling me all kinds of names, and making all kinds of threats. He seemed mystified that I could even think of leaving our faith, and warned me of dire consequences. I feared his wrath, for sure, but with Sholonda by my side, I felt strong. I told my father that I didn't want his money, or his support, and I definitely did not want or need his faith. I had one of my own. I told my father, the ruler of a clan of Sunni Muslims from Kuwait, that I was a proud Christian. That was the death knell of our father/son relationship. In a calm and clear voice, he told me I was dead to him, and told me that he wished any member of the Ummah ( Islamic community ) would do a public service by slaughtering me. Through gritted teeth, I told him to bring it on, then I hung up the phone.

Thus, the next phase of my life began. Sholonda and I left Boston College and enrolled at Bridgewater State University. I still want to study Criminal Justice, in preparation for a career in law enforcement. I got my relentless drive and ambition, of course, but my lady Sholonda comes first. We were married at the Word of Truth Church, and the ceremony was presided over by none other than our favorite reverend, my future father-in-law, pastor Stephen Georges. Sholonda and I live together in a decent-sized apartment in the City of Brockton's south side, a short commute from our school. The towns of Brockton and Bridgewater are right next to each other. Man, my life sure has changed. I was raised the son of a multi-millionaire, and I had to adjust to a drastic change of lifestyle. Applying for scholarships while looking for a part-time job. Filling out a FAFSA form. Things I was very unfamiliar with, considering my background. Luckily, Sholonda was there to help me and even then, I still struggled with these new adjustments. Still, nothing worthwhile is easy, that's what my father-in-law told me on our wedding day. I am happy, though, for the first time in ages. I'm a proud Christian man and I'm married to the most wonderful woman in the world. God be with you, my brothers and sisters.

Samuelx
Samuelx
2,122 Followers