A Long Long Wait

Story Info
A wife in her 50s take a lover.
6.3k words
3.52
106.6k
32
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Writer's note: We've taken a few liberties, but this is our true story. We are forever grateful for all the assistance from meathead96, who so kindly edited this piece.

*

At that moment you could have knocked me over with a feather. Out of nowhere and moments after we had finished making love my wife of 30 years asked me if I still had a fantasy of her sleeping with another man. But why, 25+ years after first bringing up the subject and 20+ years after giving up on my fantasy ever becoming reality, was she bringing it up now?

After stuttering a whispered "yes", I reminded her that my fantasy was to "watch" her with someone else. And then I asked, "And what resurrected this subject?"

Deep down I had a feeling what the answer might be. Several years ago a medical condition required me to take a blood thinning medication for the rest of my life. Poor circulation and my medication made any erections difficult and maintaining one long enough to please my wife was impossible; and ED medications are strictly forbidden for my medical situation too. We had long given up trying conventional sex and had settled on oral sex for her and masturbation for me.

Her long silence caused me to ask a question. "Do you miss having a dick inside of you?"

"A little bit," she said. "I have tried to be happy with oral sex, playing with toys or masturbating but I've really missed having regular sex during the last year."

I was no longer lying on my back, and now I was on my side with my elbow to the mattress and my hand supporting my head. Her eyes were glued to the ceiling for fear I thought; she likely couldn't express her feelings if she looked directly at me.

She continued, "I was OK the first year, but I've been missing it more and more since then, and the last year has been really difficult Tom. I have never been with anyone but you and I know I've always told you I'd never do something like this, even though it was your fantasy, but for some reason I can't get the idea out of my mind."

Sheepishly she turned her head toward me for the first time, looking from the corner of her eyes to gauge my reaction. I didn't want her to feel too uncomfortable after sharing this with me so I quickly leaned towards her and kissed her as passionately as I could, for as long as I could. Even as shocked as I was I knew that maybe, just maybe my fantasy had life after all and I certainly did not want her to feel badly about herself.

Mel, short for Melody, has been my wife and life companion for 30 years; we have been through all of life's ups and downs, but together we have weathered the storm. And for a woman in her mid-50's she still looked great. A curvy size 12, she stood 5'8" tall and had the most perfect set of 38D's I've ever seen. She was definitely aging well in most anyone's book and I am still excited anytime another man finds her attractive too.

When our kiss finally broke Mel said, "Please don't get your hopes too high Tom. I know I could not sleep with someone else if you were there; at least not the first time. And I don't think I could be like the wives in the stories you used to read to me; the ones that have sex with strangers. But I think I would like to go on a date with someone, get to know them and see what happens. Is that too weird Tom?"

"It is not weird to want sex dear; it is a healthy, normal thing. I'm just sorry I can't give that to you anymore. Whatever you decide is fine by me. All I ask is to know that you are safe, that we will remain OK and to hear about it afterwards...... Agreed?"

"Yes," she said. "I will be safe and I won't do anything to jeopardize us. And I promise to tell you as much as I can...... I love you."

"Love you too dear."

Strangely during the next day, Sunday, the previous night's discussion did not come up. Also strange that day was nothing felt awkward between us. It was just another average Sunday of breakfast at home and a relaxing day around the house. The subject did keep running through my mind however. How would we find someone to whom she would be attracted to and what did she mean by "date"? But I was not going to raise my questions until she started the conversation.

And that happened after dinner on Tuesday night. Mel joined me on the sofa and said, "Honey, can we talk again? I have been thinking about Saturday night again and I want to be sure you know how much I love you. It is not your fault that I am feeling the way I'm feeling. I won't do anything if it is going to make you upset, but can we try to find someone?"

The "we" did not escape my attention, so again I tried to be as encouraging as possible. "Honey, I think you should do this. Do you have someone in mind or would you like some help finding someone?" I asked.

"I don't have anyone in mind, but I think we should just let it happen naturally. You know, just meet someone when we are out or at a party or something and let things progress from there. If we looked for someone on the internet I fear their expectations would be too high and I don't want to rush this. I don't want to feel slutty or bad about myself if we do this."

"We should do this however you want to do this, sweets," I said. "I think we can make this fun. Maybe we should start going out more again; possibly resurrect our Friday night date night." Her head was nodding up and down in obvious agreement so I continued, "Maybe some dancing would make you feel more comfortable."

"Good idea. It would I think," she said.

"OK, let's plan on meeting Friday night after work. We can have a few appetizers, a glass of wine and some dancing; we'll just see what happens," I said. It appeared we had a plan and I loved the liberal use of the word we. She was looking at this as something for us, not just herself, and I was going to do anything I could do to facilitate that. All this planning had even brought a bit of life to my groin.

But by Friday morning our plans started to fall apart. Mel sent me a text that morning; an old business colleague of hers who is also a friend of ours was in town and wanted to meet that night. I sent a text back to her asking the time and place, figuring our date night was put on hold for another week. But the rest of the morning passed and then moved into later afternoon, yet still no response had come. That was not unusual with all the meetings Mel could have in a day. Finally at 5pm I sent a second text asking her where and when we were meeting our friend Al.

Her response at 6:30pm gave me a chill. It read "Sry been busy 2 day. Mtg Al at 7. I'll text later."

All of the sexual discussions must have sent my mind into overdrive. A time, but no place? Obviously she was meeting him alone. She wouldn't, would she? Naw, it was just my overactive mind and nothing sexual would happen with such a dear, old friend like Al. She wouldn't pick someone who was that close to us.

Or would she?

Another text came after their cocktail hour meeting had started "Al says Hi. U guessed he's my choice? Last chance u sure? Respd b4 8p". OMG, she had chosen Al. No discussion, now warning and no "we". She had chosen a friend of more than twenty years to be the second person in her lifetime that she'd make love to. I was mad, hurt and anything but excited at that moment, but one thing I had learned in life was restraint of tongue and pen. Don't overreact; give yourself a moment to gather your thoughts and avoid saying or writing something you'd regret later.

I sat on our front porch for a moment with my thoughts and to plan my response. I didn't want to wait too long, but what was my best response? And as I began thinking about her instead of me it became clear; I knew my wife well enough to know she could not do this with a stranger and she needed to have romance involved. I texted back, "yes im sure. i love you. enjoy your night."

Moment's later Mel sent a text, "love you too. not sure what he'll say. text u more later." Wow, it had started; I wasn't sure that I had prepared myself for this, or at least in this way.

I received one more text about 10pm; "great dinner. flirting with him; hes not sure what 2 do yet i think. but we going to a dance club now. good sign. sweet dreams." My wife of 30 years was now a Hotwife? For some reason I hadn't thought of the prospect quite that way before; or it had not transferred from my fantasy, but that was my reality now.

And how long would it be before I knew what had happened? I drifted off to sleep for a few minutes, but awoke to the sound of Mel coming home at 2:30am. Quietly she came into our bedroom, undressed and slipped into bed. When I asked her how her night was she apologized for waking me and said she was really tired, asking if we could talk in the morning.

Lord I was pissed. After all this waiting I had to wait until morning? But I said nothing and finally told her I loved her and we'd talk tomorrow. Geez, this was nothing like my fantasy, yet I knew we had to do this her way.

By morning I was a real mess. Actually I was a mess before too, but now I was a really big mess!! I had been downstairs for a while when I finally heard her stir upstairs and I must have looked like a begging puppy dog when I joined her with coffee, juice, blueberries and yogurt. I lay down next to her as she propped herself up and thanked me for serving her breakfast.

"Well, you've waited long enough; thank you for that honey," she said. "You are still the only man I've slept with Tom. We didn't have sex last night."

I don't know if I was more relieved or disappointed at that moment, but at least the suspense was over.

Mel continued, "We had a nice time catching up with each other and during dinner I began flirting with Al; touching him and the like. He seemed a bit puzzled at first. But you know Al, he's really direct, and he finally asked me if I knew what I was doing and if I really wanted to go down that path."

"Tom, I did tell him you knew what I was doing and explained why; I hope that was OK. But he wasn't sure whether we should be doing this. I asked him if we could at least go dancing and maybe just see where things went from there, which he did agreed to, but he still seemed a bit shocked."

"It was at the dance club when things between us started to get comfortable again. We had only danced to the faster songs and we still weren't talking about anything sexual, when Al suddenly seemed to relax again. We were seated at the bar when leaned over and started to whisper in my ear."

Now for the first time since Friday morning I was getting excited. I knew this story she was telling did not end with them having sex, but the excitement of what they were doing finally reached me. And Mel was beginning to revel in her story telling too. She set aside her breakfast tray and looked at me for the first time as she continued.

"Tom, Al told me he had thought about having sex with me before; how he did want me and how much I turned him on. He then put his hand on the inside of my thigh while he told me if we were going to do this we should do this right. Al said he wanted to make the night special for both of us if we did this and he suggested we continue our night out, but that we wait until tomorrow night before we had sex."

"Honey, I felt so hot while he was touching me and whispering to me. I was melting quickly and had that tingle you feel as a young girl when someone makes you feel special. You know I love that feeling."

I did, but now I had an angst feeling. My fantasy always centered on the sex and she was talking about emotions and how another man gave her that feeling. But I had also come to the conclusion that my wife had to have the emotional tie if she was going to do this. Her closeness and friendship with Al was an asset, not a liability and slowly my angst turned back to excitement.

"Honey, he said he wanted me to go home tonight and sleep on it to be sure, since the friendship between the three of us would be forever changed. And if I still wanted this tomorrow, he would make this as special as he could, and as special as I deserved. He then kissed me for the first time Tom. I kissed another man, does that excite you?"

I rubbed my groin against her thigh, allowing her to feel the life her storytelling was bringing to my cock. She smiled, saying, "OK, but I need to tell you something else Al said."

"After we danced again and kissed at times, we spent the rest of the evening acting like a couple of long lost lovers. He thanked me for a great night, but said that if I called him in the morning and said yes, I'd like to go out tomorrow night, I need to understand of couple of things. First he said we would just take the night as it came, no expectations. Secondly, I would need to emotionally leave you at home as much as possible and do my best to make the evening his and ours. And thirdly he wanted our "date" to be a continuation of the evening we had just had, so he asked that you and I not do anything sexually until Sunday. Is that OK Tom?"

"As long as I know you are coming home to me dear, everything is OK," I said. "Your night sounded so hot. You must have been able to cut the sexual tension with a knife."

"You could.", then Mel asked, "But how was your night?"

WOW, how was I going to handle that question? She sensed my nervousness I think, but I told her I was OK when I was able to keep my mind busy. But watching TV or reading didn't do that and I would need to find something to do tonight if she was going out with Al.

"Why don't you go to the baseball game tonight?" After a pause she continued, "If you went to the game you'd have to leave at 3 o'clock, right?"

"Probably more like 2," I said, thinking that it was already 11am since Mel had slept in late.

"Please, go to the game tonight; don't stay at home. And I think I'd like to spend today by myself getting ready for tonight. Honey, I think I'd like to get my nails done and go look for a new dress maybe. I am so excited about tonight and I don't want to disappoint Al, so I will go out and pamper myself for a while, until you leave for your ballgame. Then I'll come home and get ready for my date."

"Doesn't this sound so hot?" she asked with such excitement in her voice. "I need to go call Al."

My wife almost leapt from our bed as she went to retrieve her cell phone and call her lover to be. WOW, this was actually going to happen.

Part of me was still in disbelief; my wife was going on a date with a dear friend of ours and would likely have sex with only the second man in her life before she returned home. If I had read that in years past I would have been masturbating like a madman. But I was quickly discovering the reality of this was unlike the stories I had read in many ways. The angst ran higher and the emotions were rawer, but I could not show any of that to my wife.

Regardless of my current feeling, I kissed her passionately as she left for her pampering and hoped at some point the excitement would set in.

Try as I could, no one was available on such a short notice to go to the ballgame with me. So I showered, changed and started my 2 hour drive to the ol' ballpark. Being in my own mind at this point wasn't really working too well.

A surprise text did change my mood however. Seeing it was from Mel, I pulled off the interstate and opened the first of two messages she had just sent. The first was a cell phone picture of my wife wearing a black cocktail dress, obviously taken in a store dressing room. And the second was from the same location, but she was in a red dress this time and it had the message "think al like the black or red better?"

Again, a touch of angst, but it passed with the thought that she was seeking my opinion. The black was a standard cocktail dress, not unlike several already in her closet. The red however looked classy, but was something she would not have bought in the past because it was "too sexy" to wear out with friends.

I responded, "red" and with that the excitement started to increase. Lord, this was a real roller coaster ride.

While I was getting something do drink before returning to the road, I was playing her night out in my head; dinner, wine, dancing, sex. Then I suddenly realized she'd likely be very, very tired afterwards. I wanted her next to me as soon as possible when she was done, but I also knew that I didn't want her driving home tired either.

Before resuming my travels I sent Mel a message, "stay the night. don't want u driving tired and after drinking. Be safe love u see u in morning".

Her return "ok luv u 2" message was the last contact I had with her. Now it was just me and my mind. Oh Boy!!

Part Two

A note from Mel lay sat prominently on the kitchen counter when I returned from the ballgame. Her message was simple; "Smith's pool party at 2p Sunday. Will meet you there. XXOO Mel". I had forgotten all about that. Holy crap, I actually had to wait until Sunday night to know what had happened. To all the guys out there whom were present the first time your wife/girlfriend was with another or had her return to your bed later that night, I envy you.

I looked at my watch and realized I had another 12 hours before the pool party; and likely another 15 hours before I'd hear Mel tell me about her experience. Yet as slow as time moved, I did manage to get some sleep before I reached the hour that I'd finally see my wife. Again, this was a far more gut-wrenching experience than my fantasy had been.

Two o'clock did finally come and I arrived at the party before Mel. I mingled and acted as naturally as I could; I don't think anyone noticed anything. And I seemed to handle the question of where Mel was; at least well enough that no one seemed to question my answer. And then THE moment came.

Mel entered as I was seated poolside with another couple. God she looked hotter than I'd ever seen her; at least that is what I saw. She was actually in an ensemble that is similar to ones she has worn at these parties before, but somehow her walk was different and I felt a different energy from her. As she reached me, she gave me a peck-on-the-cheek and joined the conversation.

From the moment I saw my wife, before knowing a single detail of her night, I knew all would be well. To this day I can't explain that feeling of seeing her for the first time. But I do know the doubt, angst, depression, jealousy and any other negative emotions I had felt since this all started on Friday morning had left me. And for the first time I felt like this was red, red hot.

Finally there was a moment when Mel and I were alone! And she wasted no time in asking me if she looked different, while dangling her anklet for me to notice. Years and years ago I had bought her several anklets and gave them to her when I would buy her a new swimsuit for some special vacation we would be taking. The anklets always were worn for that one vacation, but would never been seen or worn afterwards. And here she was, flashing one of them before me, I guessed to signal she was a different woman.

"Hot," I said. "Let's get out of here."

"Slow down big boy," she warned. "We'll get to that soon."

We were only at the party for a few hours, which not too surprisingly seemed to drag on much longer, before we finally were on our way home. God was I excited. I raced into the house behind Mel, again like a puppy seeking a treat. Within minutes we were soon both naked in our marital bed and at long last the time had come.

Mel snuggled next to me and asked if I was ready to hear about her night, as she start rubbing my semi-hard cock. "God yes," I responded.

"Tom, it was incredible. After I bought the red dress that you helped me pick out, I went home and spent a couple of hours getting ready for my date. Doesn't that sound so funny dear; me getting ready for a date at my age? Anyway, I did my best to look great for Al and I don't think he was disappointed either. We met at that romantic place on the waterfront. And we immediately resumed our flirting; a continuation of our Friday night just as Al had asked.

12