A Long Time Coming Ch. 08

Story Info
The Ties That Bind.
13.1k words
4.82
25.9k
57

Part 8 of the 8 part series

Updated 09/21/2022
Created 08/06/2014
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

(c) All rights reserved. No part of this story may be reproduced, copied, stored in or introduced into a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, or by any means ( electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise)), without the prior expressed written permission of the author.

A long Time Coming Chapter Eight

-

While the holidays were an especially happy time for most people for some it was a lonely road to travel.

When Francine Winestein's sister Kate joined her at Sabatino's Italian Grill Restaurant at twelve thirty she was already a bit tipsy, now she was well on her way to being drunk.

Kate watched her older sister with a feeling of helplessness. She didn't need to be a mind reader to know that Alex was at the heart of Francine's torn emotions. However, she wasn't keen on censuring her knowing that she might only exacerbate the situation.

Francine dated a few men in the past few months, but no one more than a few times. She was picky, too picky and it hadn't helped that she compared every one of them to Alex.

This was a new side of her sister, one that Kate wished she could have avoided seeing. She'd always thought of Francine as strong and independent, but she seem to have lost some of that edge. After the break up she still carried on like she was bulletproof, but her armor began to crack when Alex became engaged.

Kate knew that Francine invited her to lunch to pump her for information about Alex and Jade, not that she knew much. The McCord men respected each other and their boundaries when it came to personal relationships. All she knew was that Alex had become a bit of a homebody since he and Jade got together. That was obvious by the fact that she and Jason didn't see him out at the usual places.

Kate wasn't about to get in the middle of Francine's problems. Her sister was a big girl and she simply had no choice but to deal with the fact that she and Alex were not destined to be together. She loved her sibling, even if they hadn't been particularly close in recent years.

The only time Kate had seen Alex and Jade together was at dinner with his family. Although her sister wanted a blow by blow of what happened that night, Kate refused to oblige her. It was obvious to her and everyone else there that Alex was deeply in love with Jade and he adored her little girl. What good would it do for Francine to know that?

Seeing Francine trying to drown her hurt, Kate felt compelled to say something.

"Frannie, don't you think you've had enough," she queried in a gentle tone.

Looking at Kate above her wine glass, Francine replied, "I don't know, maybe I haven't had enough."

"Frannie, I know how much the break up with Alex hurt you, but you can't spend the rest of your life drowning your pain. He's moved on and you should do the same."

"I should do the same?" Francine sneered. "Would you be so together if Jason left you for another woman?"

Kate looked at her sister calmly and gathered her thoughts before responding.

"Technically, Alex didn't leave you for another woman," she said. "He didn't meet Jade until weeks later. As for your question, I'd be heartbroken for a long time, but I would hope that someone would be there to try to pull me together. I'm your sister and I love you. I just hate seeing you like this."

Sighing, Francine said, "Yeah, technicalities. That would be something an attorney would know about."

Not through with the subject, she muddled on.

"Sometimes I think it would have been better never to have met Alex; he ruined me for other men," she said. "Then I think of our time together and I want those memories, even though they hurt me now. I don't know what to do with myself. I'm thirty two years old, not a damn teenager. I should know how to move on."

Taking Francine's hand, Kate said, "It's not about age, it about emotions. You wanted more out of the relationship than Alex was able to give. I know I got lucky with Jason, but it could just as easily been the case with us. Remember Jack Reynolds, the guy who fell in love with you when you weren't in love him? No one was to blame."

"I know, but when it's you getting the short end it's a different story," Francine admitted.

It was at that moment that Alex walked in with Jade. Kate, who was facing the door, saw them first. Francine noticed her expression and turned to see what had caught her attention.

When Francine saw the woman at Alex's side, she was surprised. Alex walked to their table with his hand on the woman's lower back. No one could mistake it for anything other than a possessive gesture. The woman seemed to accept the gesture as one to which she had become accustom. She belonged to him and there was no doubt about it.

They sat on the other side of the room diagonal to Francine's view. She could see them without being obvious and, heaven help her, she couldn't tear her eyes away. She'd wondered what this mysterious woman looked like. She'd imagined a tall blonde much like herself, but more of a self made person or an heiress. Alex didn't have a type to her knowledge, but Francine had always been jealous of women who owned their businesses or were socially elite.

It was obvious that the woman with Alex was African American because of her coloring, but her features hinted at a racial mix. It was equally obvious that they looked good together. She was pretty, but Francine thought herself prettier. She wondered what Alex had seen in this woman that made her the one. Maybe it was time that she found out.

Before Kate could stop her, Francine got out of her seat and headed across the room. Cringing, Kate prayed that her sister wouldn't do or say anything inappropriate or embarrassing. Truth to tell, she didn't know what Francine was capable of doing.

Since Jade was sitting facing where Kate and Francine were seated, she was the first to see Francine approaching, although she didn't know who she was. She noticed that the woman had a look of determination on her face, which turned to something that tried to be a smile as she drew near.

"Alex." Francine said breathlessly as she reached the table.

"I'm sorry to interrupt your lunch, but I just wanted to say hello and congratulations."

Looking at Francine, Alex could tell that she'd had a little too much to drink. Her eyes were glassy and her smile forced. He hoped to hell that she didn't make a scene.

One of the things he hated dealing with was public scenes with woman. He'd only had one in his life and that was enough. He hoped to dispatch Francine as soon as possible without any drama.

"Francine. Good to see you again," he said. Then looking at his companion, "Jade this is Francine Winestein; Francine, Jade Harris, my fiancée.

"Please to meet you Miss Harris and congratulations," Francine said, feeling like the words would stick in her throat.

"Nice meeting you Miss Winestein and thank you. I understand that you are the head buyer for Marcus Mann women's clothing and accessories. I've shopped there a few times, you have impeccable taste," Jade said with admiration.

Not expecting the compliment, Francine was momentarily thrown off balance. She quickly regained her composure. She lost that confrontational spirit and actually felt embarrassed that her intention was to cause trouble.

"Thank you so much," she responded. "It's a rewarding job and I'm always happy to hear that our customers appreciate the effort."

Turning back to Alex with a genuine smile, she said, "Alex, it was nice seeing you again, enjoy your meal. Miss Harris." Nodding to Jade she left and returned to her table.

As soon as she sat down, Kate pounced on her.

"What did you say to them?" she demanded.

"Smiling, Francine said, "Cool it, little Sister. I only said hello."

"It looked like more than just hello," Kate noted.

"Well, I couldn't just say hello and leave," Francine reasoned. "Alex obviously told her about me. She said I have impeccable taste as a buyer for Mann's. I didn't expect that. I thought she'd be kind of stuck up, but she was very nice. She wasn't just talking to be kind either, I could tell by her eyes. She has the most amazing golden brown eyes; she's really quite pretty even close up. But, I don't think it's her looks that attracted Alex, well maybe initially."

"What does that mean?" Kate asked.

"I really don't know. It's just that I finally realized that Alex's in love with her, really in love with her. Saying it and seeing it is two different things and I could see it. They were holding hands across the table when I approached and they never broke the contact. He was caressing the back of her hand with his thumb as she spoke to me. He never looked at me the way he looks at her."

Sighing, Kate asked, "What does this mean for you now?"

"It means, I've been a fool wasting my time pining over Alex," Francine confessed. "If I were honest with myself I'd have admitted a long time ago that the relationship meant way more to me than it did to him. He is everything that I could want in a man and a husband, but I wasn't his ideal woman. It just wasn't meant to be. There's someone for me out there, but I have to stop comparing every man to Alex. Emotions can run amok and make you really stupid at times."

"Well, hallelujah, I'm glad you've come to your senses. I hated to see you like that. Now you have things in perspective," Kate said.

The rest of their lunch was quite enjoyable with the sisters communicating as they'd never done in the past. They got rid of some of the old baggage that was keeping them from being as close as they could be and vowed that in the future their relationship would be different, better.

Francine knew it wasn't that easy to get over someone, but she'd made a big step toward moving on.

*

Alex, who was hoping that there wouldn't be a scene with Francine, was now pondering her behavior. He knew a thing or two about women and what Francine said was not all that she intended to say when she approached their table, of that he was certain.

"That was odd," he murmured.

"You do you mean?" Jade asked.

Frowning, Alex said, "Francine's behavior. I thought she came over to say more than hello and congratulation."

Grinning, Jade said, "I'm sure she intended to say more. I saw the look on her face before she plastered on that fake smile. I'm sure she was going to try to make me as uncomfortable as she could. Embarrass the new woman in public, not original, but effective if you know how."

"Then what stopped her?" Alex asked.

"I complimented her. Women like to be appreciated. From what you told me she worked very hard and was proud of her job. What better way to stroke her ego. Not that I was insincere. I do shop at Marcus Mann and she's done a fantastic job as their buyer. Although my thought was to get her off her game, I'm glad I didn't have to lie."

Looking at her shocked, Alex said in a husky whisper, "You are amazing, in more ways than I could have imagined."

Almost blushing at his compliment, Jade replied, "I've had a lot of experience diffusing emotional people, not the least of all, Jackson. He's been the most difficult, but for the most part I keep him in check. Anyway, Francine was hurt and I'm not one to gloat."

"No, you aren't. You're a very special woman whom I love to distraction. When we get home, I'll show you just how much," Alex promised.

"Hmm, we might have to rush through lunch," Jade said with a sassy grin.

*

The night of the Christmas party finally arrived.

Briana was having her first sleep over with her grandmother. In the intervening weeks since her daughter met Adele, Jade made sure that they visited every other weekend. Briana was very comfortable with her grandmother and Jackson was a beneficiary of his daughter's budding relationship with his mother.

After Briana's first visit, Jackson told his mother that he was sorry for the way he'd wasted his life and his chance to have a real relationship with his daughter. He said he was going to try to make up for lost time. The very next week he'd gotten a job at a local dealership detailing cars. Now he was giving his mother money every week to help pay for food and household expenses. He didn't make a whole lot, but after three months he would be reevaluated for a raise.

Jackson made a point, if he wasn't working, to be home when Briana came to visit. Jade didn't know what was at the root of his changed behavior, but she thought it was about time. For the first time in Briana's life he didn't act like he was about to crawl out of his skin because he had to spend a few minutes with her. In fact, he tried engaging her in conversation. The fact that he didn't crowd her or pitch a fit if she was reticent helped tremendously. Briana gradually warmed up to him and became more relaxed.

Adele was proud of her son as she related to Jade her conversation with him and his plans for the future. She didn't know what brought about the change either, nor did he explain, but for her it was enough that he was finally finding some direction in his life.

As Jade got dressed for the party, she knew she had some regrets with her own life. Her relationship with Jackson had been doomed from the start, but if not for him she wouldn't have Briana. She wouldn't have traded the daughter she had for anything or anyone.

Now she had Alex, a man who loved her and her daughter. She hadn't been looking for a man, but there he was. He wasn't the man of her dreams because she couldn't have dreamed up anyone like him in a thousand years.

Jade loved everything about Alex, even the way he took charged sometimes; not asking, but making decisions for her and Briana's benefit. She had been making her own decisions for a long time and balked at the idea of anyone taking the lead, but with Alex she had acquiesced because it never felt like he was running roughshod over her, it felt like love. She was strong with an independent nature, but it felt good to have someone help manage the daily load of life.

Checking herself in the full length mirror behind her bedroom door, Jade nodded to her image and gave herself two thumbs up. She looked good. While she and Cheryl were out Christmas shopping she'd stopped in at Spellman's and purchased the gown. It was pricy, but it fit perfectly.

The dress was a silk confection in white. It was full length, with a v-neckline and silver jeweled detail on the 2" wide shoulder straps. The bodice was delicately pleated, but the skirt of the gown fell in soft waves from her hips down to the floor. From the rear, it was cut in a scoop design, baring her back.

Jade's hair, courtesy of Cheryl, was styled in a neat French twist. Her accessories were 3" high silver sandals and a hard cased silver clutch. The only jewelry she wore was sterling silver crystal drop earrings and her engagement ring.

When Jade met Alex at the door, he stood staring at her for a few moments, not even blinking. Then, his face broke into a smile that lit up his amazing blue eyes.

"Damn," he whispered in awe, "you look like a bride."

Feeling her face warm under his regard, Jade lowered her eyes to conceal her rising heat. The man looked good enough to eat.

Alex move into the room, closing the door behind him. Seeing the lust in his eyes, Jade backed up holding up her hand to slow him as he stalked her.

"Alex!" she shrieked as he grab her and pulled her into his hard body.

"I know we don't have time," he said, "but that doesn't mean I can't have a little taste." With that he lowered his head and planted his lips squarely on hers. Deepening the kiss, he slipped his tongue into her mouth and plumbed the moist interior.

Barely able to catch a breath, Jade whimpered under the onslaught as Alex grabbed her buttocks and ground his hard cock into her.

He ended the kiss with a swift jerk of his head.

"Fuck!"

Breathing heavily Alex backed away from Jade and ran his hand through his thick raven hair.

Jade felt her panties moisten and stifled a groan.

"Well hell," she thought exasperated that they couldn't finish what Alex started.

Gaining control, Alex chuckled and said, "I sure as hell didn't expect it to get that hot so fast. I'm thirty six years old for Pete's sake, not sixteen."

"Huh!" Jade grunted, "Whatever your age, you got my panties wet; now I have to change."

Still smiling, he said, "Not on my account. I have a feeling they'll be wet again in no time."

He only burst out laughing when she gave him the stink eye and flounced out of the room to change her panties and secure a panty liner.

*

Jade had a great time at the party. It was truly a social event and she got to meet many of Alex's friends and business associates. She even met the elusive Brad Simpson, his business partner. Brad was a good looking man, but he came to the party alone. Jade wondered why he wasn't married or at least attached. There was a story to be told there, she would bet money on it.

Brad was nearly as tall as Alex with rich dark brown hair. His eyes were gray with flecks of green with short thick lashes. His voice was warm and mellow reminding Jade of a southern gentleman. He had a sexy smile which made his eyes sparkle. Like all of Alex's friends, he was easy to talk with and had a great deal of admiration for him. Jade vowed to find out the story behind Mr. Simpson.

Alex introduced Jade to Mayor Joel Hamilton and his wife Miriam. Jade was apprehensive about being able to navigate this social circle comfortably, but she found all her fears had been unwarranted. The mayor and his wife were as nice as could be and they showed genuine interest in her opinions.

As the night wore on, time and again Jade tried to keep her mind from wandering back to the hot kiss she and Alex shared in her apartment. By one thirty she felt that a good time had been had by all and they'd fulfilled any social obligations. Now she was ready to have him all to herself.

She had been on simmer since that kiss. Alex enjoyed her arousal and made a point of touching her throughout the evening. He even touched her a time or two on her derriere. She definitely enjoyed the attention and felt kinky knowing that she was aroused as they walked about chatting; however, it was time to put an end to the teasing.

Smiling, Alex placed his hand on the small of her back as she talked with Brad. Instantly he felt the quiver of her body and heard the soft intake of breath. Jade literally stopped talking in mid sentence.

Looking at Brad, Alex said, "I think it's time for us to call it a night Bradley. I'll talk to you tomorrow about some ideas I have regarding the new project Bill James is working on."

Grinning, Brad said, "Sure thing, Alex. I think it's time for me to be leaving too. I'll just go over and say goodbye to the chief. You two enjoy the rest of your evening."

Knowing exactly what was going on, Brad smirked as he turned and walked in the direction of Police Chief James Harrington.

"Ready to go, sweetheart?" Alex asked in a casual tone.

"Uh, huh," was all that Jade could manage.

*

On the way home, Alex rested his hand on Jade's thigh. Even through the dress he could feel her warmth, but he wasn't content. Soon, he had the bottom of her dress pooled in her lap while his hand caressed the inside of her thigh.

"Alex," Jade moaned and closed her thigh, trapping his hand.

Jade couldn't believe how aroused she was. Alex hand was no longer moving, but that didn't stop her mind from imagining him stroking her wet pussy. In no time her thoughts had her squirming in her seat, but she wanted so much more.

When they came to a red traffic light, Alex said in a husky voice, "Open your thighs, baby."

Immediately Jade complied and felt the slide of his fingers to her wet panties where they encountered the panty liner.