A Loser Rebounds Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Good thinking," he smiled at the 30-year old or thereabouts. "What do you do?"

"I'm company accountant for a law firm near here. I often come over to lunch with the folk."

"So I might see you again?"

Natalie colored and looked at the table and her food arrived.

When the waitress left, Frances said, "Natalie is a recent divorcee. If you ask nicely she might date... I mean show you around."

"Mom!" Natalie hissed but Andy was up to the challenge.

"That's a great suggestion. I'll appreciate being shown around because these are new waters for me. I don't even where we are in this place."

"Our office is in South San Francisco just off Airport Boulevard and very near to the famous Route 101. Also lucky for you we are close to the main airport," Frances said. "It sounds to me you do need a guide."

"I need to buy a bike and explore with GPS navigation."

"Oh Natalie is always cycling. She can show you all the good trails."

Andy heard Natalie hiss at her mom but she remained looking down at her chicken salad. He thought the two women working against each other like this were a scream.

"Nat will you be free to take me to a good bike store after work?"

"I-I..." she looked at his boyish look appealing for her to say yes and she said, "I guess so."

Andy was sure he heard Frances suck in breath and resume breathing. Yes those two were hilarious.

When Frances had introduced Andy to her PA Selena Mencia, a short dark-haired woman with whoppers, he decided she would be Spanish and greeted her in Spanish. Selena looked surprised but only half as surprised as Frances as Selena and Andy chatted rapidly in Spanish as she asked where he wanted to live and laughed when Andy said in an apartment and close enough to the office so he wouldn't get lost.

Selena then said, "I do speak English. Frances will be thinking you are talking dirty to me."

"No I picked up some of the words," Frances smiled. "Well off you two go. Take my car Selena."

Her PA said, "The vehicle company phoned while you were at lunch and said they were ready to install a replacement sound system in the C60 because they couldn't locate the fault. Only the upgrade is in stock at the moment so asked me what we wanted. I'm aware that Andy will be traveling long distances and told them to go ahead and to only charge us for the extra for the upgrade. But crafty Dan said well perhaps they could wear the extra cost because he was still working on you to get Mr Archer into a Volvo."

"Well done. I love your efficiency. No go and try to find something appealing to Andy and don't over-excite him. My impression is he's female-focused."

"Oooh it sounds as if I shall have an entertaining afternoon."

"Selena!"

"Away we go looking for something that might appeal to our conservative Mr Ash."

Conservative Mr Ash? Andy decided this big-tit babe had a wicked sense of humor.

"Andy, Selena marries in two months."

"That's okay. I'm gay."

Selena shrieked in laughter and the younger couple enjoyed seeing the look on Frances' face.

They drove off and Selena said are you looking for a large apartment building half-occupied by horny young women."

"No thank you. I'd like a quiet place when ladies in long gowns drift into the elevators and drop a scented handkerchief and say quietly, "Oh dear."

Selena said she'd called her former real estate office and had been given some addresses.

"There's one address that could really appeal but if you intend to start work at 8:30 to 9:00 it could be a real drag getting across here from Daly City."

"I'm habitually an early starter."

"Good let's go to that address. Do you like big breasts Andy; you've gazed at mine at every couple of minutes."

"They tend to interfere with my wide-angled vision. Are you suggesting my eyesight is deficient and has become sexually focused?"

Oh she liked that one, cackling on like a hen announcing it had just laid an egg.

"Tell me about this place."

"Many of our homes in this city are not brick or concrete. This we are going to is smallish on a short no-exit street. The elderly couple owning it and looking for income have turned the upper level into a self-contained apartment with its own internal stairway access to the front porch exit. They have not managed to let it yet because they are holding out for $1600 a month."

"High price for what you get, huh?"

"At 727 sq. ft. and only one bedroom you could say yes. But it is beautifully finished with hardwood floors and scatter mats but alas the laundry is in the garage where the renter has one vehicle space and room for storage but the crowning piece is the renter has an uninterrupted view out into the Pacific. I was surprised it hadn't gone quickly but I suppose viewers think that rent could almost get them a full house."

They arrived at the location and Andy agreed it was a bit of a hike to get there but it was a quiet neighborhood and he like that. He even liked it better when taking in the sea view.

"I really like the location."

"There's a 9-mile paved cycle commuter route near here into the heart of San Francisco downtown and several others included a 4.5 mil looped of Lake Merced."

"I more than like it. Can you take me in?"

"No I'm afraid not. I no longer hold a license. But you might decide to try your luck and knock on the door."

Forty-five minutes later Andy returned.

Selena asked, "Well?"

"The couple are not that old, in their early fifties and he still works as an architect's draftsman but is getting ready to take early retirement. His brother has a ranch within two miles of dad's boundary and he recalled our ranch because dad has Limousins whereas all the neighbors including his brother have Angus and Herefords of crosses of those two breeds. He's called the real estate office to say I dropped in and have decided to take the apartment. I will call in tomorrow at the office with my credentials. I'm taking the place for $1600 and Mrs McArthur, who is Mexican, was delighted I can speak Spanish because her English is not good. In return for me paying that asking rental she's agreed to me eating with them each night that I'm home and I drop in for breakfast anytime I wish each morning. She's up by 6:30 to get Dougal's breakfast because he likes to read the newspaper after breakfast before he leaves for work."

"Omigod and girlfriends staying over, what did they say about that?" Selena asked.

"She said of course that was okay and he muttered something that I thought was okay or else a jealous retort."

Selena said, "God you have fallen on to your feet. I bet she'll mother you and for you it will be almost like living at home."

"Yeah it looks a comfortable set-up and I'm wildly happy about the cycle trails."

"When I get back to the office I'll call the dealer and ask to fit a hitch-mounted cycle carrier."

"Thanks. You should ask your friend who gave you those listings to give you a slice from her commission. She'll know she's done fuck-all for the letting."

"Yes I must do that. Andy are you sure you should use that F-word to ladies?"

"Oh gee, sorry Selena."

She laughed and said he was such a groveling asshole.

At that, Andy knew who to call on if he had troubled with Frances. Selena sounded like one of those persons who had a golden tongue."

Next day Andy signed up for the rental and took delivery of his vehicle and found it a little austere in performance and handling, but as Frances had pounded the message home, it was designed completely to be a safe vehicle. The color was copper and not girlie gold and style also pleased him and he thought the sound system was great. He'd followed Frances home and when she asked him did his like his vehicle, he kissed her.

"God what are you doing Andy?" she said, attempting to swat him like a fly but he was too quick for her.

"Thanking you for being so nice to me. If you want a kiss to get you really going, just ask?"

"Oh god. Um would you be offended if I pass on that generous offer?"

He teased, "Omigod Frances, you really do know how to handle yourself."

She glanced at Andy, looking somewhat confused.

Andy said he never read manuals, could she show him how everything worked.

Frances sat in the driver's seat and he stood outside the open door and followed her instruction attentively. She then asked him to tell her how to operate some of the systems she'd demonstrated and he carried that out effortlessly.

"You are an amazingly good coach for a female."

She sighed and then said he was impressive as a quick-learning student.

"Ah here's Natalie. Kiss her and come in for coffee before she takes you out to buy a bike."

Kiss her? Andy almost thought he hadn't heard Frances correctly.

Natalie came up and patted the butt of the car and said, "Nice wheels."

"Yeah. They think I'm worth it."

"Regard Frances as my mother; I do."

"Yeah right," Andy said, and kissed her. He held on carefully, aware she'd tensed hugely.

He said quietly, "Relax Nat, get used to another man kissing you. I know I've yet to prove to you whether or not I'm a jerk but let's be friend huh, and friends are allowed to kiss."

"I'm sorry but you must understand..."

"I don't and am not interested other than to say I know you have been badly wounded. Your mom had obviously decided I'm the guy to pull you back on to your feet and I'm willing to do that. Whether or not we have sex will be totally up to you Nat, um I mean insofar as the first time."

"I'm older that you are. I've just turned thirty. You should look for a female without problems and enjoy yourself."

"Do such females exist?"

Natalie laughed and said she could see her mom having problems handling Andy.

"I'm relaxed now. You may let me go. I've come to take you to look at bikes."

"Excellent I'm so grateful."

Natalie said, "Aren't you going to kiss me again?"

"Not now but you can kiss me whenever you wish."

"Like now?"

"Yes."

She kissed him and said she was sure he was the kind of guy who could restore her to full confidence again.

"Mom has helped me a lot but I'm left with this sexual hang-up as you so correctly perceived. The truth is I know I need you."

"Great. Let's go in for coffee before we push off."

Stepmother and daughter kissed.

"How was your day?"

"Almost problem free and very productive."

"Did Andy make a pass at you?"

"Yes."

"Did you slap him?"

"No he talked me out of that."

"Good. I had the feeling he could handle you," Frances said and turned to Andy.

"Tell us about this rental apartment you signed up for this morning."

Andy's phone went. He excused himself and went away a short distance and conversed in Spanish. He returned to the table smiling.

"That was my landlady. She's a motherly type and says I'm to call her Theresa. She's about fifty. She says I'm not to buy linen because she has plenty and will also do laundry for me twice a week. She says she and her husband are very happy they have rented the apartment at last because the conversion cost heaps of money. When I settle I get you guys across for dinner."

"Can you cook?"

"I hope so Frances."

"Mom he's teasing. He is a former university student who probably lived off campus because he wasn't big into rules and the females would have insisted the males cook some of the time. We certainly did."

"Oooh Nat, so you were into mixed flatting at university."

The red-faced Natalie said, "Mom don't listen to him."

"I wasn't aware Andy was attempting to slur you."

"Well possibly not but he definitely was out to embarrass me."

"You ought to be pleased dear. You used to like being teased before things turned sour for you."

Andy said, "Nat I can't keep apologizing, it just isn't..."

"No it's fine and mom is right. I used to like being cleverly teased and mom knows colleges are not the place to look for virgins."

"Er right shall we be off?"

As Andy had unrestricted private use of his vehicle, they went in it, principally to ensure the cycle fitted at the rear without problems, but Andy also wished to gain more experience with the vehicle with all its gadgets. He ended up buying a near-new Soma Double Cross DC painted midnight silver simply because he liked the look of it and the mechanic said if he wasn't into specialized cycling and wanted a bike for urban riding, with the flexibility to go off road, he'd buy that bike. It was fitted with disk brakes.

The guy was better than a salesperson (the one female and two male salespeople were with other buyers). He put the bike on a stand and sat Andy on it and took great care to adjust the riding position to the position Andy seemed to favor.

"Oh the other thing," said the mechanic. If your pre-owned bike gets stolen you haven't paid out big money."

The guy even wheeled out the paid-for cycle and gave Andy tips on mounting it on the holder.

Natalie and to Andy, "Do you want me to see where you'll be living?"

"Why?"

"In case you invite me over to join you on a bike ride."

"Would you really want to ride with me?"

"Yes of course. Even mom knows you'd not a jerk."

God don't women have anything else to do but to talk about men? Andy headed for Daly City.

Although Andy's car was without the navigation system, to his astonishment he went to the house like a homing pigeon. Well it did help having San Bruno Mountain State Park to his right as he drove along Hillside Blvd and then turned on to John Daly Blvd and from there he had the streets fixed in his mind.

Natalie practically gaped.

"For some time I thought you were lost but you have got here as if you have lived here. I can show you a faster route but I must say well done."

She glimpsed the sea as they approach as she said, "Oh this is an excellent location for you being a country boy and that's the Thornton Beach State Park along this part of the coast. Oooh is that your house?" she asked, looking where Andy was looking.

"Yes I take possession tomorrow."

"Oh look, there's a plump woman waving for us to come over."

"Oh gee, how embarrassing."

"It's not. I'd like to see where you will live."

Andy half cringed.

"Mrs McArthur has a vivid imagination I think. She will be thinking you'll want to shift in with me."

"Well that's not a problem. Have you asked her could women stay with you overnight?"

"Andy, answer me. Andy where are you going in such a hurry? Andy wait for me."

They drove back to Natalie's parent's place where she'd left her car. She said she lived two miles away close to where she worked. She shared an apartment with two females but added it was nowhere as nice as Andy's.

"You heard me raving on to Theresa. God it was hard to get a word in edgeways with her. I think she will really spoil you."

"Yeah and I can't wait," he grinned. "It could be better than living at home."

Andy spent next day learning more about how the company operated and that evening shifted into his new apartment. He could tell Frances was almost beside herself with curiosity and eased that by inviting her and Evan for dinner on Saturday.

"Oh thank you, thank you. What should we wear?"

"Casual like you wear around here. It's only a small home, not a palace."

Natalie followed Andy over, wanting to help him shift in. He attempted to say he had all his possessions in two bags so didn't require help and was ignored.

Theresa greeted them. "I've made you dinner and there's enough for Natalie as well."

Andy cringed and mumbled thanks whereas Natalie called loudly, "As that's so lovely of you Theresa. We were going to order in pizza."

"Young lady, please eat good food for good health. Pizza is crap and that figures coming from Italy."

"I think it's made just a few streets away from here," Natalie presumably joked and Theresa bellowed in laughter and wiping her eyes said Natalie was so funny.

Natalie carried the lighter travel bag up the stairs ahead of Andy with the second bag, opened the door at the top of the stairs and called "Omigod."

Andy rushed in, fearing the worst, and boggled.

The table top was ringed with lit miniature candles and in the center of the table was a bottle of sparkling wine in a chiller and beside that two wine glasses. The table was set in two settings in the two larger gaps between candles.

"Omigod, Theresa knew I'd come to see you settled."

"That woman's out to mother you," Andy said and Natalie looked at him big-eyed.

Andy kissed her without a word and she kissed him back.

He opened the wine and they sat and he poured.

"Cheers to your new home."

"Thanks," he said. "Good health. Will you stay the night?"

"I'll stay late and have sex, but will go home."

He said gravely, "I cannot believe what I just heard."

"Well I can guess what you want and mom told me last night to let myself go and pretend the past never happened. She said if I didn't I risked losing a happy future, and that's when I believed what she was saying."

"You are a honey Natalie. Would you mind if I go down and invite the McArthur's up. They will be dying to know what I thought of this little welcome."

"Yes please do it and I'll suggest to Theresa we all have dinner up here tonight and I'll help carry. I worked as a waitress before I went to college and during my freshman year."

To Be Continued...

12