A Love Story: Quentin and Kiana

Story Info
Surviving means more than just living.
10.9k words
4.62
15.5k
24

Part 5 of the 6 part series

Updated 08/30/2017
Created 07/28/2014
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,299 Followers

Hey,

I'm back with another installment of my series A Love Story. Imagine being a prison of war for years, and one day you're free. You have to learn grow and become a part of society again. In this story, Kiana comes home and finds acceptance.

For now, I hope you enjoy reading about Kiana and Quentin. All the characters in this story are above the age of consent.

Enjoy

IR2R

PROLOGUE

Kiana White knew the nightmare would never end. She was a prisoner of war. She should have died a long time ago, but they kept her alive for some reason. She was one of three females captured, The first night in captivity was brutal.. Their captors beat them mercilessly. They would not break. Even when they executed the men, she and Eboni stayed strong.

The men thought something was wrong with her and her comrades. Their goal was to impregnate them thereby ensuring their loyalty. If these men knew anything it was that women would do whatever it took to protect their young. Kiana thanked her leaders for their insight. Before they were sent into combat, each female was chemically sterilized. The sterilization only lasted seven to eight years. Kiana was afraid; she was twenty three when she was captured, now at twenty nine her medication was wearing off. She bled last month their captors cheered. If the women bled that meant they could conceive. She would rather die than have a child with one of these sick bastards.

Each night she closed her eyes and prayed for death. She no longer prayed to be rescued; that was pointless. No one was listening. She would die in this desolate place; she would never see her beloved sister again. As she lay awake, she heard shouts. The men rushed out leaving her and the other women unguarded. Then she heard a firefight. Then silence. Before long the door was kicked in and she heard sounds of British soldiers telling them they were safe now. They would go home.

The soldiers rushed in. There were at least five of them, big burly men in full battle fatigue. The women cowered. For almost six years these she had been at the mercy of these captors. These men had no respect for human life or even an pounce of humanity within them. Isla became numb, she no longer felt. She, along with two other women, was the only survivors from their teams. The other two learned not to resist anymore as well. They too, stopped crying. Now they just waited.

"Brute, we have them. We're bringing them out." A tall blonde said gathering the first female victim he reached. He looked at the woman, and was furious. These bastards would pay. Not wasting a moment, they move to get them out. He took a moment and wrapped her in a blanket, as his comrades did the same with the other woman. Kiana was not kept in the room with these women, She had angered her captors and was placed in the hole beneath the floor.

One of the women, a survivor from London, called out and pointed to a loose space in the floor. The other girl joined her; she was also a British soldier. Officer Quentin Hunter, a Marine, heard them and went to investigate. He didn't see her. He didn't see any other survivors. He had to report that all of the American soldiers did perish. Quentin had a secret. He was not human, but lycan. As he approached the depression in the floor, his wolf went wild. Our mate, she's down there. She is hurt. We must get to her. His animal declared. The urgency felt by his wolf spurred hum into action.

Ripping the floor apart, he saw her. Balled in a fetal position, she reeked. Her hair matted, body bruised and unwashed; she was so thin. It did not matter to Quentin, he lifted her from her shallow grave and carried her to safety. "Kiana, you are safe now. I swore to my friends that I would find you and now I swear to you that no one will ever hurt you again." Quentin whispered. His wolf still agitated over the abuse she had suffered. He was not letting go, even when he released her to the medics, he held her hand. Within an hour, the women were airlifted out. Quentin had to stay and help clean up the area. However, his mind was in the dark-haired girl he just rescued.

As they were rushed to safety, Kiana listened to the women with her cry. She did not cry. She had no tears left. She thought of the soldier that carried her out. He was strong, so safe, soothing. She did not know him, yet deep inside, she believed him. Weakly, closed her eyes and sighed. Over six years ago, they were captured. She watched her comrades be murdered, yet they let her live. She was ready to go home.

Six months later

Kiana had gained some weight. She never talked about her ordeal. She was essentially mute. She only talked to the two women that were with her. At first the doctor tried talking with them in individual sessions, and one day he had a small group with all three women. Kiana talked. She did not say much, but she talked. He smiled and encouraged her to keep talk. It would help her heal. He said. Kiana didn't need to remember what she went through; she relived the nightmare every night.

One day, as she sat with the other women that were held with her, her doctor called her. She reported to him and he explained that two gentlemen wanted to meet her.

Kiana frowned. Who could want to see her. She had one relative and that was her sister. As far as Mia was concerned, she was dead.

When she first came home, the military planned to contact Mia. She asked them not too. She would not be a burden on her sister. Two men walked in, both tall handsome, one with hair as black as night and the other bald and covered in tats. Kiana smiled, she had seen those markings before. The man that carried her out had them. He promised that she was safe. He had a giant snake on his neck.

Andrew and Terrence looked at Kiana. She was beautiful, despite the scar across her cheek. She was a survivor and they understood now where Mia got her strength from.

Andrew started to speak when she faced Snake. "The snakes, what do they mean?" she asked.

Snake took a deep breath. "Years ago, I was trapped in a desert. We came under fire and had to dive to safety. The ditch we dived in was occupied by two huge rattles. We had no choice but to kill them. The snakes were in their home and we invaded it, as a reminder, my friend Quentin and I got a rattler tattoo. It's my mark."

"Quentin, He was the one that..." Kiana looked away.

Andrew sat and cleared his throat. "Kiana, we want to tell Mia that your are..." She stood and began to pace.

"No, no, I'm no good. I won't be a burden on her. She can't know. As far as Mia is concerned, I'm dead. Let me stay buried." She whispered.

Snake's heart broke for the beautiful woman that cried silently before him. He had never been taken captive, but he knew it was not easy on any of the women. He actually talked with Quentin right after they were rescued. His friend was furious. The conditions he described should have killed them.

Andrew spoke, "Kiana, aren't you curious? Don't you want to know if she is OK?"

"Is she? How do you know her? Where is my sister?" she asked.

"She is fine. She's happily married to a great guy that would welcome you home with open arms. She has an entire extended family looking out for her, and Kiana, if you let us we'll take care of you too." Andrew explained.

Kiana closed her eyes. She remembered the first night of her capture. The men beat her, disfigured her. They told her she would never be free again. She was ugly, and they mark on her face was a reminder of that. "American sluts needed to be punished." They ranted. She would never forget the screams if her fellow comrades as the men tortured them.

After the first few beatings, she lost track of time. Each day, a member of her seven person team died. She shared a space on the floor with Eboni Davis. The men cut her also. She was American and deserved to die as well. Eboni was a black woman from a small town in Mississippi. They were two of three women that were on the team. Jane died during the attack; she was lucky. Eboni was just a girl, barely nineteen. She just wanted an education. Her parents were so proud of her and she planned to go back home after this deployment. Sadly, she'd never see home again.

One night, Eboni refused to cry as one of the men forced her. Kiana, her comrade, was being raped next to her. Eboni tried to fight. The man was brutal as he grabbed her neck and choked her. She lost consciousness.

Kiana saw her friend leave this world. She fought her rapist to try and save Eboni, but the man was too strong. After Eboni died, they left her body on the floor for weeks as a reminder to Kiana of her fate. Then one day, unable to bear the stench of rotting flesh any longer the men dragged her corpse out. Kina never knew what they did with her body. Something died inside of Kiana and she decided they would not break her. She was strong and they could not make her beg. Every night for the years they held her, she recalled Eboni's request. She asked Kiana if she managed to get out to let her family know that she loved them.

Kiana should have died next, but the leader decided to let her live. For years, they used her to force the other females to comply.

Andrew stopped speaking. This girl was hurt and she needed help. She needed her family whether she thought so or not. "Kiana, please let us tell Mia you are alive. Let her come see you. She needs to know and you need to see her." Andrew explained.

Kiana looked away. "I'm ugly. I don't want her to see me like this. Look at me, I am hor..." A strong male voice interrupted.

"You are beautiful, and you are strong. You survived, Kiana, and that is what's most important. I will not stand here and let you put yourself down like this." Quentin spoke as he entered the room.

Kiana gasped, He was here. Every night she relived his whispered promise to her. She didn't think she'd ever see this man again, and he was here.

"Quentin, man what are you doing here?" Snake asked greeting his friend.

"I'm done. I'm not going to reenlist and I had to come here." He answered, his eyes never leaving Kiana. She refused to meet his eye. He walked over to her and lifted her chin. "Never hide from me Little One. I promise you as long as I live, no one will ever hurt you again. OK."

Through her tears, Kiana nodded. Her doctor was surprised. She never responded to anything they did. The only time they got a reaction was when her sister was mentioned. But with this soldier her body relaxed. She felt safe, and he knew that this man was key to her recovery.

"Quentin, we were trying to convince Kiana to let us contact Mia, but she still refuses. Maybe, you can..." Quentin faced Andrew.

"She will let you know when she is ready. Don't pressure her. If she said no, then that's it." He declared. Snake and Andrew backed down. They both had known Quentin for over twenty years, and he never acted this way before. He was her protector and until she was ready no one would get near her.

Dr. Brown told them Kiana needed rest and Snake and Andrew stood to leave.

'

"Wait, are you telling me the truth? Mia is safe and happy." Andrew smiled and opened his album on his phone. Kiana laughed as she saw pictures of her sister for the first time. She looked happy, healthy, and she could tell she was safe.

"Thank you," She whispered. "I know you don't understand, but she can't see me like this." She then fled from the room. Quentin watched her run out, his wolf went wild. Follow her. She is hurting. She is ours to protect. he demanded.

Andrew and Snake watched her run away; both Snake and Andrew stood, unmoving as she ran from the room. Quentin went after her immediately. The doctor tried to stop him, but he ignored his demands. Andrew and Snake spoke with the doctor. "I really want to bring her sister here," Andrew explained, "But I don't want to hurt her anymore. Are the other women having as hard of a time?" He asked.

"I can't discuss any cases with you, Mr. Graves. But I can say, we will do everything we can to help her readjust. Like your friend said, she is strong, a survivor. She has to realize it." The Doctor then walked off in search of his patient.

The two women that were with her learned of her breakdown and went to search for her. If Kiana had not been there when they were taken, they would not have survived. They fought because she fought. They were rescued because they would not give up. Often people thought that American women were vain, weak, but they met one of the strongest women in their lifetime and she was American.

Agatha Lovre, remembered being thrown into the shanty they were kept in. The other girl, Tumey Gosen, was a solider from the British army as well. Kiana warned them and told them to never react. No matter what these men did. The men took turns raping them, but it was what they did to Kiana that still haunted her. Soon, to protect Kiana the two women would comply, and when they refused, they were beaten and the men ..." Agatha closed her eyes to shut out the gruesome memory.

She and Tumey found Kiana sitting with one of the soldiers that rescued them. He wasn't talking, but he did hold her ever so close. Not sure if she was OK, Agatha barged out and demanded to know who hurt her.

Quentin did not budge. These three women shared a bond that would forever connect them. Andrew and Snake needed to realize that these women were her family. If they wanted to help Kiana, then they needed to find out what really happened to her. They needed to talk to Agatha and Tumey.

"Kiana, are you alright?" Tumey asked, fear lacing her voice.

Agatha joined her. "We are safe here, Kia. No one would dare harm you here." She eyed the male that sat beside her friend. He looked familiar ad the she remembered seeing him when the team got them out. He carried Kiana. Then they had to go back.

She remembered him coming to the medical center before they were flown to the UK. From there they were transferred them to three different places, but Kiana didn't want to separate, so they all traveled to America. She almost went insane and they had to sedate her. Agatha begged them to let them stay with Kiana. So they were sent here.

She and Tumey were only held three years, they had Kiana for six. She never talked about what they did to her. Whatever it was affected her profoundly. So profoundly that she wanted to remain hidden.

Agatha knew she was not well and neither was Tumey, but that was not important. They had to find a way to help Kiana.

Eight months later

Kiana was being sent home. Her doctor mentioned three months ago that she'd been back for a year and he felt she was ready to contact her sister. Kiana had grown stronger. She acclimated well. With the help of her two friends, she even talked about her ordeal. Her doctor was amazed that she survived at all. Last week, Agatha and Tumey returned to the UK. Both women hated leaving her, but they agreed to call and visit each other in three months.

She was also being given the Purple Heart. She knew that news of her surviving would get out so she decided to let Mia know she was still alive.

She was going to Mia's home this weekend. Last week, Andrew and Terrance cane back. They were nice men and talking to them she learned they were instrumental in having her rescued. The governments, both British and America, were tied up in bureaucratic red tape. Andrew and Terrance called in a favor from their old commander. He pulled some strings and had his group to accompany the SAS from England. They knew the Americans had been held a few years, and they prayed they survived. Going in was hard because Quentin and his team had no idea what they would find.

Andrew and Terrance wanted to accompany her, but she wanted Quentin to bring her. The next morning, she and Quentin headed to the airport to catch a flight. Andrew told her that he had not alerted Mia. They would tell her this morning. Kiana would be there by the evening. Kiana was nervous. Quentin talked as he drove to the airport and she gave answers that were not clear. Soon they arrived at the airport, and Kiana was nervous. She held on to Quentin throughout the whole flight.

Meanwhile, at Chief Joe's everyone had driven over. They wanted to see Sunnet, Mia, and Isla wanted time with her family. Bria and Earl came because they considered these young people as members of their family. Many members from Jacob's family were in town and the whole town was excited.

Andrew pulled Snake out to speak with him and they decided to tell Mia once she was settled and with just family. They knew this news would bring her even more joy. When they returned, Cici and Emily pulled their husbands. For the past year, these two men were hiding something. Today they seemed nervous. After the incident with Peter, they were not taking chances. Kim and Peter kept the kids to allow them talk.

"What is going on with you two? You've been hiding things and we want the truth." Cici and Emily demanded.

Snake and Andrew shared a look. Emily crossed her arms. They were up to something. "Kiana is alive. She'll be here today." Andrew announced.

"What? How?" Emily asked, facing her husband.

"Last year, the group that captured her was infiltrated and they got her and two other women out. She's been in the hospital for a year now. Today, a friend of ours is bringing her here to see Mia. We didn't say anything because she asked us not to. But, she's alive babe. Mia's sister is alive." Andrew whispered. Cici hugged her husband as Emily too grabbed her husband in bear hug.

"We have to tell Mia. We want her to know she is on her way here. So, as soon as everyone settles, Andrew and I will tell her. We need you to support us." Snake explained. The four returned. Earl and Bria were concerned, but they would check on them later.

"Mia, sweetness, you need to sit." Oman whispered. He was doubly excited. In a few weeks, he and Mia would welcome their son. She still would work herself into exhaustion, and Oman made it his personal mission to get her to rest. Soon, she complied and sat. Andrew and Snake cleared their throats.

Andrew got everyone's attention. "Mia, Oman, you know we love you guys right?" He asked. Snake moved beside him and the both moved to Mia. Clearing his throat and for the first time in front of everyone, Andrew eyes filled with tears. "Mia, Kiana is coming home."

"No, she's gone. Andrew, why are you being so..." Mia began to protest, wondering why were they being so cruel. Oman stood when Snake intervened.

Snake spoke softly. "She is alive, Mia. She was rescued a little over a year ago. She has been recovering in Virginia. She asked us not to say anything because she had a hard time, but today she will be here to see you."

"Wait, Kiana, she's alive. Are you saying, my sister is..." She burst into tears. Oman held her close. Then she faced Andrew and Snake. "When, when will they be here?" she demanded.

"They left out this morning. Their flight left a little over an hour ago. They should be here later today." Andrew explained.

"Andrew, Snake, are you sure? They said she died. They said she... She's alive. My sister is alive." Mia sobbed. Isla rushed over and hugged her friend. She knew that more than anything that Mia missed her sister most. Oman found himself crying as his wife wept tears of joy. Chief Joe called for celebration. He wanted Kiana to know she was welcomed.

The news spread like wild fire. A strange car arrived and everyone was anxious. A tall black man climbed from the car and all of the wolves went on full alert. The males, human and lycan alike, walked over to the new interloper.

Pastor Henry, who was also in town for the celebration reached him first. He served as a barrier between the new guy and the others. "Hello, sir. Welcome. You have to excuse us, we are having a celebration here today and everyone is excited. Can we help you in some way?" He asked. Jamal, Chief Joe beside him along with Jacob, Logan, and all of the Graves men. Several males from the community had gathered as well as a few females wandered over.

Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,299 Followers