A Man's Job

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Wow, if that's a line it's a damn good one. Are you for real? "

"Definitely, I've been running around the ship for a week looking for you. I've been divorced for more than a year now. There has been no connection with the women I've met on this trip until I felt the magic between us. I hope I'm not coming on too strong, but that's how I feel."

"What do you mean, looking for me?"

"I mean you're special. I felt it as soon as I saw you."

"If you don't mind me asking, what happened to your marriage?"

"I take loyalty and honesty seriously. My ex didn't feel the same way. I don't think I ever really trusted her even though I loved her. She cheated on me with an old boyfriend and tried to keep both of us. She should have known that would never work with me. How about you? What brought you on this cruise?"

"I'm divorced also. I was married for five years to a man very much like your ex wife. The only good thing to come out of it is my daughter, Sheila. She's two and cute as a button. My mother is taking care of her. When I get back, I'm looking to relocate to another state. I was hoping that getting away for a while would clear my head while I make a plan for our future."

"Maybe I can help. What kind of work do you do?"

"I'm a CPA. I like the company I work for, but like I said, I need to start fresh."

I gave her my business card. "I have some influence in the company I work for. Would you consider coming to Florida for an interview? I know we could find a place for an intelligent talented lady like you."

After that conversation, we spent the rest of the cruise spending every available moment together. I missed her those brief times that she was not with me. My body ached for her, but I wanted her to know that I was willing to get to know her and have her know me. It was no doubt in my mind that when we did make love, it would be worth the wait. I felt at peace in her presence. Just talking to her brought out the best in me.

Brenda Sue and her daughter did come to Florida. When she came in for the interview, she was surprised to find out I would be the one responsible for hiring her. The first words out of my mouth were, "I've missed you. What took you so long?"

"I've missed you too, Jerry, more than you can imagine. " she answered and flashed the smile I loved so much.

We started dating and three months later we were engaged. I Loved her and her precious daughter. She looked just like her mother. Her eyes were green with her mother's raven hair. After a few weeks, she started calling me da da. I finally had the family I'd always dreamed of.

One night after we had just finished a mind bending love making session, we were snuggling, trying to catch our breath, when my phone rang. It was Shay. "Jerry, I'm sorry to bother you, but I need your advise."

"What's the matter? Lover boy is not home again tonight?"

"Oh, Jerry. I made a big mistake when I cheated on you. I'm so sorry. He's drained my bank account and he's never here. He convinced me to take a second mortgage on the house for some kind of investment and the money has disappeared. I'm afraid that I'm going to lose the house. Lately, he's gotten abusive and I'm afraid he's going to hurt me. What am I going to do? You were always good at dealing with problems." She started crying. I could feel no sympathy for her. At one time, her tears would have pained my soul, not anymore.

"I can't believe you're calling me for advise. You sacrificed your marriage for that unemployed piece of trash and broke my heart. Did you really think that boy could take my place and stick with you for better and for worse? I can't help you. You put yourself into this situation and you're going to have to deal with it. I told you before, you're on your own this time. You were right when you said he's everything I'm not, goodbye Shay." Brenda Sue smiled at me and we cuddled close. The call was not discussed. She was mine and I was hers, that's all that mattered. We slept well.

12