A New Dawn Ch. 03

Story Info
What happened next.
4.2k words
4.62
11.8k
5

Part 4 of the 7 part series

Updated 10/01/2022
Created 12/10/2014
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Ola and Josip shepherded the children away from the decking area and with promises of treats and sweets led them towards the house. Looking back they could see the four women settling Harry on the sand. Lizzy pinching his nostrils and blowing into his mouth. Ola's cousin Neta then pounding on Harry's chest and Perdy and Susan kept up a strict time chant before the cycle began again. Reaching the house, Josip ran to the phone and found the number needed on the small plastic sheet glued to the wall next to it.

Ten minutes later they heard the thrum of rotor blades as a helicopter flew overhead. As it touched down on the beach two women paramedics leapt out of the craft and sprinted towards the group on the beach.

The first paramedic carried a defibrillator and she quickly set it up and shocked Harry. Josip saw him twitch and then Lizzy again bent to pinch Harry's nostrils and breath air into his lungs. The second paramedic looked like she wanted to take over from Lizzy, but the look she got stopped her. She patted Lizzy on the back and urged her on. The defibrillator was applied again and this time Harry's chest seemed to heave. Perdy's hands came to her face and Susan screamed with joy. Lizzy sank forward on her knees and cried.

Five minutes later Harry was on a stretcher and was carried to the waiting aircraft. The Helicopter's whine rose and it lifted off in a shower of sand, swinging immediately to point to the main island. Neta cradled Lizzy as Susan hugged Perdy. They all turned for the house and walked wearily across the sand.

Ola had tears in her eyes, when she felt Kyle's hand slip in hers,

"Where's Grandad going?"

"Kyle you're grandfather is very sick and they take him to hospital, then they make him better," Ola said as she picked Kyle up and cradled him into her bare breasts.

"Can I go to see him?" he asked innocently.

"I think we must ask your mothers that Kyle. They are coming, but remember they are upset because grandfather is ill. Okay?"

"Okay, I'll find my dinosaur book, he likes reading that, when we go to the Hospital I'll take it in for him."

Ola felt the tears rolling down her cheeks and Josip put his arm round her. In the lounge fifteen year old Irena, the eldest Jarnewski child sat with Em on her lap as they watched cartoons. Beata, Kaja, Cezar and Jakub sat beside her and idly picked at the fresh fruit slices in the bowls in front of them.

The four women trooped into the kitchen and Lizzy and Perdy kissed Kyle he smiled and rested against Ola's chest.

"I'm going to take Grandad my dinosaur book when we see him in the hospital." he said.

Perdy nodded and held Lizzy as she sobbed.

"Mummy what's Mummy crying for?"

"Mummy is sad that grandad is so ill, she and Nanny Susan are going to go to be with grandad. If you're allowed we'll go over later and see him, although Kyle it may not be today. Grandads really ill, so he's got to sleep a lot and that means we have to let him, okay?"

"Okay, but I will lend him my book."

"Kyle that is very kind of you, I'm sure grandad will love to read your book when he can sit up in bed. But for now let's let him rest okay?"

"Okay. Nanny, are you okay?"

"Yes I am Kyle, I know grandad's getting the best care ever and we hope he's soon going to be home."

"Good, because I miss him a lot."

"We all do Kyle, we all do."

Perdy felt the tears stinging her eyes and raised her arm to dry them away. Susan smiled and reached for her and Lizzy, they held each other and wept. Ola and Josip took Kyle into the lounge and sat him with the others, placing a small bowl of fruit slices in front of him. Ola returned to the kitchen.

"Children will be safe with us, why not go to hospital and check on Parker, you know that's what you want to do."

"You're right Ola, we'll dress and go to the hospital, thank you, and thank Josip for us. Neta,"

Susan turned and hugged the woman who had kept trying to revive Harry with her daughter.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you, you probably saved Harry's life we all owe you for this."

"No problems Mrs Parker, you go see Mr Parker, say hello from us."

"It's Susan and Harry Neta, friends call each other by their first names, and you are definitely high on my list of friends."

"Welcome. Susan is nice name, maybe I call child after you." Neta grinned and said a stream of Polish to Ola, she grinned and replied.

"Neta says Harry's very sexy, you lucky woman."

"I'm certainly that Ola, tell Neta she's too sexy for Harry, he loves Older Women, like me."

"I understand Susan, make joke, good to laugh." Neta grinned and Susan hugged her again.

"Mum, Perdy and I will be ten minutes, we'll need to get a boat out, can you phone please Ola."

"No problem Lizzy, go, go ,go."

Ola Jarnewski shooed the three women out of the kitchen and they ran up the stairs. Perdy and Lizzy quickly pulled on shorts and a top, neither bothering with underwear, they needed to get to Harry. Susan likewise pulled one of Harry's shirts on and a shortish skirt, finding her flat shoes she ran a comb through her matted hair.

"Harry, sorry'll look a mess, but I hope you'll forgive me this time." She said to the mirror ruefully.

In the girls room, Perdy perched on the toilet as Lizzy combed her hair.

"Perds I'm so worried about Harry, I really do love him, I just never knew how much until now. I don't want to think of him not being around, I..."

"I know, I feel the same, although I've not known him as long as you."

"He was a complete bastard to Mum and me when I was a teenager, but he's more than made up for it now. He is so good and kind, not the ogre I've always painted him. These last six years have been brilliant. I know I've always held a bit back, but you know I really want him to see Kyle and Em grow up."

"We all do, I've never seem Susan so happy and alive than when she's around Harry. It applies to Harry too, there's a genuine buzz about him when he talks to Susan. I mean he's happy and all that, but when he's around Susan it's like a switch is flipped and he's beaming like a lighthouse."

"I'm sorry I was so rude to him when he came back, but I was angry, I hated him for what he did and for what I thought he was doing."

"Harry would tell you not to worry, you were right to be suspicious and he deserved your anger."

"Not now though, not now."

"Come on chin up, Susan's probably waiting, and remember she has more to lose in all this than we do."

"You're right Perds, thanks."

"Come on happy faces."

"Right."

They left the bedroom and found Susan walking toward their door.

"All set, come on."

They ran lightly down the stairs and Josip met them.

"The Hospital rang and said Harry's stable and awake, he wants to know if his family's okay." He grinned and they laughed and held hands.

"Boat is arriving five minutes, go to dock and be ready." He gestured to the front door. They grinned and touched his arms as they turned to go.

"Give Harry Parker best wishes of Jarnewski's, get well soon."

"We will thanks Josip, you're a real star."

"Okay embarrassed now, you go to Harry."

They fled out the door and tracked round to the dock, seeing the boat from the main island arriving.

A crewman jumped off and tied the boat securely, then hopped on board and ran a plank out from the deck. they walked onto the boat one after the other and the crewman handed each down into the well of the boat. As Lizzy, who was last, stepped away from his helping hand, he pulled the plank on board and leaping off again made for the rope.

They sat in the back under an awning as the skipper in the small wheelhouse swung the boat away from the dock again. The crewman curling the rope round his arm nipped smartly back into the boat's well as the skipper opened up the two Honda motors to full throttle. The small boat surged ahead on the water creating a large bow wave as it ploughed through the swell.

On arriving at the dock the other side they were helped off by two locals and an SUV sat waiting for them the Driver grinning and beckoning them over. Twelve minutes later they arrived at the islands main hospital, an imposing five storey concrete monstrosity, overshadowing the small single storey homes around it. At reception they were directed to the Coronary Care Unit, where a smiling trim woman in a Sister's uniform waited for them. She had dark lustrous skin and huge beaming smile,

"Hi I'm Sister Adele Peyjou and I'm in charge of Harry's stay here. He's quite a guy, and he obviously loves you lot to bits."

"We certainly love Harry," said Perdy with a grin.

"Can we see him now?"

"Well ladies, I have to say that normally I'd say yes, but to be honest, the way you three look, I'm not sure Harry's heart will be able to cope. He said you were all beautiful, but he missed that by a streak, ladies you are stunning, I wish I had someone with that much love for me." She grinned as they blushed.

"Come on I'll take you in, as you know he's had quite a severe event, so no exciting him, although as I said I can't see that not happening. Here he is, Harry, your angels are here. Twenty minutes, no more right?"

"Okay Sister Adele Peyjou, twenty minutes."

The slowly walked into the room, to see Harry attached to several monitors and a drip. A bag lay attached to the bedside and a tube disappeared under the covers. Harry looked pale but on seeing the three of them his eyes lit up. he smiled wanly and licked his lips.

"Hi, sorry I can't stand up, feeling a bit rough at the minute."

Each bent to kiss him, on the lips, he smiled again.

"Wow, it was worth the pain for that. How are you all?"

"Don't worry about us, Harry. How are you?"

"I've been better, are the kids okay?"

"Operation Jarnewski swung into action even as you dropped to the sand. Josip and Ola are taking care of Kyle and Em, they've got it all covered. Neta sends her love and hopes you're okay soon. You owe her Harry, she and Lizzy kept you alive until the medics hit the beach."

"I have to say I don't remember much, pain in my chest then Perdy's face and that's about it."

"You really frightened us this time Dad, please don't do it again, I can't bear the thought of you not being here."

"Lizzy darling, I promise to be more careful. I couldn't bear it either. Not seeing Susan or you and Perdy again would be hell. As would Kyle and Em not being around. But it's a wake up call for me. I need to change a few things around."

"Don't worry about that know, just get better, because I need a hug from my Dad soonest."

Lizzy bent over his bed and Harry managed to place his arms at her sides, the attachments preventing him actually hugging her.

Lizzy lifted away gently to be replaced by Perdy.

"Harry you frightened us, don't go now, we have a lot more living to do," she said, fighting the tears that were forming.

Standing she backed away so Susan could place herself against him.

"Hello darling, I miss you so much already. Please get well soon, I want to hold you and keep you safe."

"Susan, I nearly lost you once, I promise it won't happen again."

Harry smiled and Susan straightened and held his hand as best she could.

"might need to rest now, please say you'll stay and be here for me later."

"Of course we will," they chorused together.

Harry's eyes closed and all they could hear was the steady blip and whir of his monitors. Adele came in and checked the monitors, writing the results on the clipboard hung at the bottom of Harry's bed. She smiled and gestured for them to come outside. They followed her out and she pointed to a set of well upholstered chairs.

"Please sit here ladies, it's close enough for you to still see Harry, so you can pop in when he wakes."

They offered her their thanks and sat down gratefully. Each sat lost in their own thoughts, but each had an others hand, channeling all their thoughts to Harry's recovery. An hour later a large black man in a doctors coat walked in spoke to Adele and turned to the women sat on the chairs before him.

"Okay, which one of you is Susan?" he asked gently.

"I'm Susan, I'm Harry's wife, Doctor.."

"McDougal, Hamish McDougal." he smiled lazily and proffered a large hand.

"Scottish ancestry?" Susan said with a grin.

"Sort of, all due to my Great, Great, Great Grandpa, lovely man by all accounts. Fathered twelve offspring, after his wife left to go back to England. Here we all are still, a whole clan now, hundreds of us on the island." he grinned and clasped Susan's hand gently.

"Good to meet you Dr McDougal."

"And you Mrs Parker, Harry's told me all about you, he did you justice when he called you stunning, and this is your daughter and her wife I understand, No wonder he had an arrest, I think I would too." He grinned and shook Lizzy and Perdy's hands in turn.

He sank into a chair and faced them.

"I won't lie to you it was touch and go with Harry. We have him stable but I think we need to operate and just clear out this obstruction, then he'll need recovery time and a convalescence period. I'd say we're looking at eight to ten months, depending on how he progresses."

"Harry's a fighter Doc, he'll surprise you, back on his perch in six months tops."

Perdy and Lizzy nodded in agreement. McDougal smiled ruefully, and nodded.

"OK, well, I'll be operating tonight, about six. I have two very capable and knowledgeable assistants. Adele and her sister Sister will be there with me. Trust me Harry's in very good hands."

"Doctor McDougal, we trust you implicitly, if Harry comes through this operation it's because of your skill and dedication. Thank you."

"Well normally we do miracles about once a month, but for you we'll make it daily."

Standing he offered a wave and walked over to Harry's room to check him over.

"Somehow I think if Harry doesn't survive this, no one could save him."

"That guy feels like the best, he'll see Harry through."

Lizzy said nothing, she simply put a hand in Perdy's and her mothers. Clasping tight she lowered her head and closed her eyes, mumbling a prayer from her childhood. Perdy and Susan lowered their heads and sat quietly as Lizzy asked for Harry's salvation and continued life.

Adele directed the women through to the canteen and they picked at a very good jerk chicken dish. Not really hungry they soon found themselves back outside Harry's room, curling up, legs under them on the chairs. Susan dropped off and Perdy supported her head on her shoulder. Lizzy held Perdy's hand and bit her lip. Perdy let her thoughts wander back to Harry's arrival in their lives. Time slowly ticked on until Hamish McDougal appeared this time in scrubs.

"We're taking Harry down now, it will be a few hours, you might want to take a break, freshen up and come back. If anything breaks we have your cell phone numbers, we'll contact you."

The women looked at each other, then slowly stood.

"Can we say goodbye for now to my Dad?" Lizzy asked a tear in her eye.

"Sure, go in and make sure he's okay. We've sedated him, so he might hear you, but won't respond."

"Thanks."

The women went into Harry's room and each bent over him and kissed his lips gently. A smile spread across his face.

"Stunning.."

They all heard his quiet murmur and grinned.

Touching his hand in turn they walked out. McDougal grinned as they each took his hand.

"See you later angels," said Adele holding the door open for them.

They nodded their thanks. Outside Lizzy shook and Perdy held her, Susan looking around. They saw a taxi and strolled over to it.

"Can you take us to a good hotel please." Susan asked.

"You want five star or cheaper."

"Five star please."

"Hop in."

They climbed in Lizzy sitting close to Perdy her hands hanging on to hers tightly.

"Okay folks we have the Intercontinental or the Sheraton, you choose."

"Which is nearer?"

"The Inter, by 'bout a mile or two."

"Okay Intercontinental it is."

"Hold tight pretty ladies, Oscar McDougal is engaging warp drive."

The cab shot forward and the woman shrieked as they slid back into the seat with the acceleration. The taxi shot along small single track roads at speed, the horn constantly honking a warning. Oscar flashed headlights at any traffic coming in the opposite direction. Ten minutes later they screeched to a halt outside a large twelve storey modern hotel block.

"How much?" asked Susan as she opened her purse.

"eleven dollars exactly."

"Wow a dollar a minute, and a thrill ride thrown in, nice." Perdy said acidly, trying to get out of the cab.

Lizzy followed and put a hand to her mouth. Perdy looked at her, raising an eyebrow.

"I think I just threw up in my mouth, urgh I need mouthwash and a toothbrush." Lizzy grinned and Perdy snorted.

Susan having paid turned to walk to the entrance. Instead she jumped as Oscar grated the gears and took off again. They girls laughed and linked arms striding across the paved area and into the foyer, the door opened by a uniformed flunky. Inside the air conditioning cooled them. Stopping momentarily, they breathed deeply and walked over to reception.

"Yes mesdames, how may we help?"

"Can we get a room, not sure for how long, but we need two doubles beds and a large bath. Do you have anything?"

"We have the Presidential suite, it has two bedrooms en-suite, a Jacuzzi and balcony. We offer a free bar and room service."

"How much would that be please?"

"Two thousand dollars per night Madame."

"We'll take it, how soon can we go up?"

"We can take Mesdames bags up and you may follow in about ten minutes."

"We have no bags, we're over from tortoise island and my husband's in the main hospital. We just need a room to grab a nap and freshen up."

"Certainly madam, will you pay cash or card?"

"Card, can we get some tea sent up please?"

"Certainly Madame, I'll get Theo to show you up."

He pinged the service bell pointing at a tall boy, a skinny teenager, who detached himself from the other bell boys and walked over.

"These Ladies are going up to the presidential Suite Theo, they have no baggage, please show them up and attend to their requirements."

"Certainly Mr McDougal," he bowed slightly,

"Ladies the elevator is this way."

On exiting the lift Theo indicate left by holding a shepherding arm out. They swung left and followed him down the corridor. Reaching a large set of double mahogany doors, he placed the key card in the slot and held the door open. Entering he proffered the card to Susan she smiled and dug in her purse and retrieving a few five dollar bills. Theo's eyes lit up and he grinned at them, murmuring a thank you. Leaving them swiftly he withdrew and shut the door quietly.

Seconds later a knock announced the tea's arrival. The waiter entered and placed a tray on the coffee table by the three seater sofa. Susan again handed out a few five dollar bills. Whilst she dealt with the waiter Perdy had used her phone to let everyone back on the island know what was happening and promised an update after surgery.

Alone, they sat and Susan poured the tea. They kicked their shoes off and sat in silence drinking. Susan stood and did a slow circuit of the suite. Coming back in to the lounge area she smiled at the girls.

"The Jacuzzi is looking inviting, fancy joining me?"

Perdy grinned and standing pulled her top off and undid her shorts, stepping out of them she watched Susan strip, Lizzy stood and disrobed too.

Together they walked to the Jacuzzi and stepped in. They lay back in the warm bubbling water and relaxed. After twenty minutes without a word being said they all stood and stepped out. Taking towels they placed for this purpose they wrapped themselves up and went to the master bedroom. Lying down side by side they quickly dropped into a light sleep.

12