A New Garden Grows Ch. 02

Story Info
They finally meet and she has a plan.
9.7k words
4.63
28.7k
4

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 10/13/2022
Created 11/06/2005
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This story is a work of fiction. All of the characters and events are fictional. All characters portrayed in this story are over eighteen years of age. This story portrays graphic sex and masturbation. If you are in an area where reading this is illegal or you are offended by any of this then please stop reading now.

This is the second part of this story. Each part may contain one or more chapters depending on how much I can finish writing. I would recommend reading part one as it does build on it. There seems to be a group of readers who enjoy character building and the setting of a tone and a mood before jumping into the sex. I agree and feel it adds to the eroticism of the story. Sex without emotion is what all the other organisms on this planet have and it's what separates us humans from them. Therefore, I believe that just like with real sex, understanding the emotions involved enhances erotica experience. I have tried to create characters and situations that the reader can relate with and feel themselves.

Please comment and vote to let me know if you like this story. I also have a Holiday Contest Entry called "The Circle of Love". It is a touching, yet erotic story that I hope helps you appreciate all the good things you have this Holiday season. I would appreciate your taking a look and voting on that one as well.

My continued thanks to LadyCibelle who graciously accepted the job of editing my work. She has my heartfelt appreciation this holiday season.

*

Chapter Three Several days passed, then a week and Cynthia still had not logged onto IM. The longest they had gone before without chatting was around four or five days. He started to worry. He had no other contact information for her and felt that maybe she had slipped away.

Then tonight, as he was just about to shut down his computer the special chime he assigned to Cynthia's id went off and we find ourselves where our story began...

***********

"Hello there, pretty flower!" He typed. He hit send and silently prayed for at least an acknowledgement from her.

A happy face came back in reply.

Tony gave a little sigh of relief and typed, "Glad to see you're smiling." Tony knew that only a few months ago she had not been very happy.

"Thanks for the other night." Cynthia typed to Tony followed with a blushing emoticon.

"The pleasure was all mine," replied Tony, happy that she, at least, was conversing with him. He contemplated following it with a devilish smiley face but held back. Hesitant as to how far to go with her, Tony's palms began to sweat, unsure of what to write. Afraid of what she would write next. Had he pushed her too far last time? Have her emotional walls been put up too high now? He felt his pulse quicken, as he sensed he was about to find out...

For one thing at least, Tony was glad to see she was blushing at their on-line tryst. He was realizing that he really desired this mysterious friend. "I'm glad to hear from you. Thought maybe, I scared you away." Tony continued writing.

"Sorry, I just needed some time to process my thoughts." Explained Cynthia. "You didn't do anything wrong."

"So where does that leave us, still friends?" Tony asked, praying that she wouldn't end their friendship.

Cynthia ignored the question. "I want to meet in person." She stated.

"You do?" Was all that Tony could think to reply. Then he thought Cynthia might change her mind so he quickly followed up with, "O.K. When and where?"

"I believe you said you live in the South Bay and I live up here in the City. Would you mind coming up as I'm not real familiar with the South Bay. How is this Saturday? How about Union Square Park? I'll meet you at the base of Admiral Dewey's Memorial at 11:00am. What I need to say, I need to say in person."

Tony was searching hard between her typed words for her meaning. "What does she mean?" He thought, "Does she want to go further? Stop things where they are? Or worse, tell me she can't continue to be friends. That a little cyber sex has ruined their friendship. But all he could think to do was to reply, "I'll be there."

With that Cynthia logged off before he could say anything else.

The next three days waiting for Saturday to arrive seemed to creep slowly for Tony. Different scenarios kept running back and forth through his mind. The first scenario had him meeting her in the dense fog of San Francisco. Her telling him tearfully that she can't continue to be his friend. That the wounds from her last lover are still too strong and she couldn't bear to be hurt again. Then she would turn and quietly disappear into the mist.

Another scenario had it being a beautiful early spring day and she would appear in a light blue spring, low cut, mid-thigh length dress with a smile. She would exude of sexiness and her beauty would take him. They would touch hands, the warmth of her skin cascading through his body. She would smile and look him deep in the eyes and tell him that she "wants him". They would walk hand-in-hand to the nearest hotel room to disappear for the weekend.

But then, the negative scenarios would creep back in and he would imagine her spotting him standing there on a cold, windy and rainy day. She wouldn't get the right vibes. She wouldn't like the way he looked and would steal away before meeting, leaving him standing there; cold, alone, wondering if she would ever show.

Finally, Saturday, March 21, 1998 finally arrived. Tony rose mid-morning and slipped into some tan Dockers. He pulled a newly ironed polo shirt over his head, slipped on his boat shoes (no socks), grabbed a sweater and headed for his Silver Lexus LS400. He pulled out of his house and quickly hit 101 heading north. It was a beautiful day on the peninsula. He was hoping the fog had burned off in the city.

As he rounded Oyster Point, he could see the fog line was still hanging over the city. "Glad I grabbed the sweater", he thought. He glanced at the temperature reading on his dash and noticed the temperature had dropped 5 degrees to a cool 65, from when he started in San Jose. He grew nervous as his poor weather scenarios flooded his head. He new the microclimate of the area well. And even though the outside temperature was dropping rapidly, he could feel a little sweat start to form on the palms of his hands.

He began to realize that even though they chatted frequently via IM, he really knew little about her. He knew she was the second of three siblings, an older sister and younger brother. Her family was from Philadelphia and she was a middle level exec for some company in the city.

But what does she really want out of life? What are her passions? Does she have any strange habits? Will she really show up? The questions kept coming as he exited the freeway and dove up Third Street, turning into Kearny as he passed Market. Then taking a left onto Geary and then driving a few blocks to Union Square. It was somewhat still early in the day and he was glad there wasn't a long line at the underground garage. He glanced at the clock on the dashboard as he pulled into a space. "Right on time", as he noted the clock reading 10:54. A quick ride up the elevator and he walked out facing Macy's.

In San Francisco, it is hard to tell when the early morning fog and overcast will burn off. Sometimes it never does. He felt a chill as he exited the warm air of the underground garage and started to wish he hadn't left his sweater in the car. He looked up and saw a little blue sky that meant the fog shouldn't be around too much longer. The park and monument were behind him. He turned and strained to see if he could recognize Cynthia.

He looked down at his watch. "10:58, still a few minutes early", he thought. He circled the monument, and then found a bench near the memorial. He stared up at the obelisk pointing straight up into the sky. "Well, she wants to meet under a large phallic symbol. Wonder if that means anything?" Tony snickered to himself. Five past eleven and she still had not shown up. He tried to sit but his nervousness made him uneasy and he stood and started to pace. The thought of her not showing up now looming bigger in his mind. Then another five minutes passed and he began to worry even more. "She's definitely not coming," Tony thought in dismay. Then he swept the crowd again with his eyes, looking to see if she was stealing away in the distance.

Unknown to Tony, Cynthia had actually arrived fifteen minutes early. She stood on the third floor of Macy's looking out onto Union Square Park. Cynthia had thought she knew what she wanted. She was going to tell Tony that she just wanted to be friends. She couldn't bear to be hurt again so soon. But when she arrived she began to feel nervous. "What if he gets angry? What if I'm not strong enough to tell him? What if he breaks down?" All these nervous thoughts were running through her head. Not wanting to meet Tony with her anxieties running high she had walked across the street into the large department store to try to calm down.

She paced in front of the new spring dresses on the third floor trying to calm down, when out of the corner of her eye she spotted him in the park. She nervously played with her hair as she watched him pause to look up at the statue. She groaned slightly to herself as she, all of a sudden, noticed the monument was just another huge phallic symbol. "Hope he doesn't get the wrong idea", she thought to herself. She watched him circle the monument and then proceed to a nearby bench to sit. "He looks nice", she thought to herself. "But I would be crazy to dive into another on-line relationship. The last one was a disaster."

Cynthia watched as Tony then stood. She glanced at her watch and noticed it was ten past eleven. "Oh my god! I'm late and he's leaving" Cynthia began to panic. "O.K. just get this over with", she said to herself as she rushed to the escalator hoping he didn't leave.

She hurried down the escalator treating them as fast moving stairs as she took the steps two at a time; twice though she had to stop as she ran into the backs of people taking a more leisurely ride down and blocking her progress. She could only stand nervously, tapping her foot, as the slow moving escalator carried her down.

Finally reaching the street level floor she walked quickly towards the exit. The crowd thickened as she approached the door. Union Square and Macy's in particular is a popular local and tourist destination. Cynthia got behind a crowd of slow moving German visitors. She tried to dodge right and then left as throngs of people were streaming into and out of the store. She couldn't get around. "Hurry!" she wanted to scream. Finally outside the door she made her way around the small gaggle of tourists.

Seeing how the crowds thickened to her right and left, going to the corner light would take some time. Chancing it, she started to dodge out into the street. A taxi honked and she was barely missed and could feel the wind of the car as it zoomed past. Cynthia's heart was pounding from the near miss and panic that she might miss Tony. She saw a small clearing and dashed safely across the street then up to the stone stairs. She walked quickly up the stairs but then slowed to not give the impression of running and looking too anxious. She also wanted to catch her breath and calm down. She reached the top of the stairs and her eyes searched the crowd for him. But he wasn't there. She started to panic. Spinning around she started searching the crowd.

She could feel her stomach drop. "He has left", she thought to herself, "Damn, I missed him." She glanced at her watch and it read 12:15pm . "Why didn't he wait?" she sighed. "What should I do now? Maybe I can catch up with him. Which way did he go?" She glanced around again but there was a sea of people in the park, enjoying the art show set up that day. She resigned herself that she had missed him and turned to walk back towards the garage.

Then from behind her she heard a voice. "Cynthia!" It was a deep smooth voice. She held her breath for a moment, realizing she had never heard his voice before. "Cynthia?" she heard it closer. She turned and as he was approaching about 10 yards away. She saw the familiar figure from the picture he sent. He seemed taller than she imagined, about 5" 11". As he approached, he reached up to remove the same sunglasses he was wearing in his Alaskan picture. His eyes appeared and she was transfixed. She had never seen such deep dark eyes. They were mysterious, sensual and friendly all at the same time. She felt her heart flutter and couldn't discern if it was nerves or from the near miss with the taxi.

He had a quizzical look on his face that almost looked boyish. "Yes, you must be Tony. I recognize you from your picture." Cynthia finally replied. Then a smile flashed across Tony's face as he realized he found the right girl. Cynthia couldn't take her eyes off his face. She was mesmerized by his jet-black hair, deep mysterious eyes, strong cheeks and pearly white teeth that flashed behind his smile. She had never dated anyone of oriental descent and suddenly found herself mesmerized by his beauty.

Then she felt his hand take hers. She had not even realized she unconsciously reached out her own hand as a reaction to his outstretched hand. His touch was warm and he held her hand gently between the both of his.

"Oh god, it's happening" Cynthia's inner voice finally started to speak. "Calm down girl, calm down! You didn't come here to get involved again."

"It's a pleasure to finally meet you" Tony said, his eyes still never leaving hers. Ever since Cynthia had spun around and her eyes met his, he had gotten lost in them. He couldn't believe he was finally looking for real into those beautiful eyes he had stared at for countless hours in her picture. He took a moment to take in the rest of the package and noticed she was dressed in a silk button up blouse and smart black slacks. He glanced down to see a pair of black opened toed small- heeled shoes that revealed her red painted toes. Tony loved sexy feet. He quickly brought his eyes back up wanting to study the biggest eyes he had ever seen. The bluish-gray gems were so inviting like Hawaiian tide pools

"Uhm.. likewise..." Cynthia finally got out of her mouth. The "let's be friends" speech she had rehearsed suddenly forgotten.

Tony led her by the hand to the bench he had previously been sitting on and they sat facing each other. Realizing she was still holding Tony's hand, Cynthia started to pull back but then quickly changed her mind, deciding that she liked it.

As if preordained the sun broke through the fog and lit up the two; the warmth of an early spring day now beginning to touch the air around them. "Well, I'm here as you asked" Tony said. "What did you want to talk to me about?"

Cynthia's head began to spin. "O.K. Certainly something is happening here" she started to sort out in her head. "But I came to tell him I just wanted to be friends." She tried to reason but she was lost in his eyes and the warmth of his hand.

"Yes, uhmm.. right..." Cynthia stammered stalling for time as she tried to reassess things. As it often happen when our senses are heightened, time seems to slow and many times a clarity we didn't know existed washes over us. Cynthia took a deep breath and as she slowly let it out a clairvoyant wave filled her. Her path was suddenly clear.

Tony was immersed in Cynthia's eyes. He saw them close and when they opened again, it seemed a transformation had occurred. She had been nervous and jittery and now she looked relaxed and sure of herself. "She is beautiful," he thought to himself, feeling his stomach churning at the anticipation of what she had to say.

"To be honest with you, Tony, I had come here today to tell you that I just wanted to be friends" Tony's heart sank as Cynthia began to speak. He felt the brush-off coming. Cynthia paused, seeing Tony's eyes drop as he was preparing himself to hear some bad news. Seeing him slump slightly she continued. "However, now that I've meet you in person, I suddenly feel that would be a mistake." Tony lit up; a hopeful look was in his eyes as they rose back up to hers. "But I also know it would be another mistake to rush into things again." Cynthia rushed to say, trying to temper an over-enthusiastic reaction on Tony's part.

That was good because Tony began to feel a glimmer of hope. He wanted to blurt out how he felt. To try to convince her to give them a chance but caught himself, just as he opened his mouth to speak.

Cynthia continued to explain. "You of all people know what I went through with Dave. I couldn't bear that again. Plus, you and I have grown into good friends and I don't want to jeopardize that. I know things got a little strong with our little cyber tryst the other night. Believe me, it has had my hormones running wild and I've been trying to temper them ever since."

The clarity that had overcome Cynthia had given her a new plan. "I have an idea of how I would like to proceed. But I need to go slowly this time. Let's spend some time today to get to know each other and when and if it feels right, I will reveal my plan."

Tony wanted to jump for joy. He was glad he had caught himself a moment ago before blurting things out. While he found her extremely attractive he could try to be patient. Tony thought about her words for a moment then said, "Cynthia, we've been online friends for a long time. I would love to also get to know you in person. This is my favorite town and I would love to spend a few hours with you here."

Tony was born and raised in the Bay Area. He knew the city well and while Cynthia had moved here recently her new job had kept her busy and she had only seen some of the major tourist spots. While she thought she knew the city fairly well, she soon found that she really didn't know it well at all.

Tony first took her for Dim Sum at a quaint little restaurant in the old historic Rincon Postal Annex. Tony explained that most of the best Chinese restaurants were not to be found in Chinatown where most of the tourist believed them to be. She relished at the many small plates of dumplings and buns wheeled around in carts by elder Chinese ladies calling out the names of the dishes. "Har Gow! Sui Mai! Char Sui Bow!" They would yell as they passed their table. She had never experienced dining in this fashion. This is our version of tapas, explained Tony, only we invented this style of dining long before the Europeans.

"Tapas?" Cynthia quizzically asked.

"You mean you've never had tapas either? Tony replied. Then smiling and looking into her eyes he said, "We will have to share that experience too one day."

Then it was out to Golden Gate Park where Tony didn't take her to the typical Steinhart Aquarium, Japanese Tea Garden or M.H. de Young Museum. Instead he took her for a paddleboat ride around Stow Lake. She didn't even realize such a large lake existed in the park. Then he took her for a walk. Through a beautiful grove of Eucalyptus trees and then out into a large meadow like area. She was surprised when they came across a heard of bison. How unique she thought at seeing the large, majestic animals grazing in the middle of San Francisco like they had always been there.

She was really enjoying the day, especially because these activities gave them a chance to talk and to get to know each other. They found it easy to talk with each other, simply taking off from where their online chats had left off. They delved deeper into their families, their careers and their interests, including their love of gardening. They didn't even notice the time was slipping by until they noticed it was starting to get dark.

Then it was off to the Top of the Mark where a small band was playing Swing music. "This is one of my favorite spots to watch the fog roll in." Tony explained as he pointed out the picture windows that surrounded them on all sides. Indeed it was a sight as the clouds that had made such a hasty departure, earlier in the day, rolled back in over the city and finally engulfed them as they watched the city lights coming on in the dusk of the day.