A Night's Tale Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Domwoolf
Domwoolf
568 Followers

Heather let out a whistle and moments later the dark from of a wolf appeared. There were still tiny flecks of blood around her jaws and a small tuff of rabbit fur was clinging to her own dark fur but she looked at Heather waiting for instructions.

"Maybe it's just me but I feel like something is wrong. Have you heard or smelt anything? Heather studied the wolf, sitting on its back haunches, tongue dangling from its mouth. In this form Lynn was able to communicate much but she could still hear and understand everything Heather said.

"Nuthin yet, huh? Ok I'm going in to check on the family. Prowl around and see if you can pick up a scent? The wolf took off at an easy lope, nose high as she sniffed the air. Heather moved with her usual unnatural vampire speed over the wall and into the shadows by the house. Just as she was about to climb up to the second floor bathroom window that was usually left open, she heard Lynn howl from inside the house.

Heather reached the back door and twisted the handle out of the door. She straight armed the door knocking it back against the inner wall and was inside before it rebounded into its frame.

Heather raced through the house noticing the front door wide open but not seeing anything else out of place when a second howl came from above. The vampire wheeled and took the stairs in a single leap. There she found Lynn changing to the half wolf half woman form she used to communicate when her wolf form couldn't convey enough information.

"Therrre gonnn, Allll offff themmmm. The whole family." The words came out half human half growl. Heather quickly checked into each room. Empty.

That's when she heard the sirens in the distance. "Damn it, we must have tripped an alarm or the neighbors woke up. Change back and get out. I'll meet you at the van." Lynn was already scrambling for the stairs changing as she ran, by the bottom of the staircase it was a wolf that slipped out the gaping front door. Heather dropped over the railing landing she ran for the back door and was up and over the wall in a blur of shadows. Lynn was just coming around the end of the street as Heather eased the van across the dirt lot and back on the road. She opened the rear cargo door and the wolf leap inside. Heather eased over to the side of the road as two police cruisers blasted past, then continued on down the street.

They had failed. Even with all their supernatural abilities somehow an entire family had vanished right under their noses. Heather swore she would find out what had happened, no matter how long it took.

Forever is a long time for revenge.

*

Elvin names created by the Elvin name generator created by Grey Starr and Dimitria Night-Starr.

Mara = priest or priestess

Anis=dawn

Domwoolf
Domwoolf
568 Followers
12