A Passing Fancy Ch. 02

Story Info
There was a mild misunderstanding.
4k words
4.48
35.5k
7

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 10/23/2022
Created 09/17/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
magmaman
magmaman
2,694 Followers

Lovers getting to know one another again after years apart can sure be fun, Ronnie thought to himself as he lay there on his side.

Sylvia lay in the huge bed with him, her face soft with sleep as he just watched her. She had insisted that they go buy it after the first couple of nights she spent at his house.

Three times they had ended up falling out of bed onto the floor, giggling. It was darned hard to make love with Sylvia and stay on the tiny little single bed he had before, she was on the energetic side.

They spent the entire weekend inside, never leaving. They only stopped to shower and use the bathroom, once Sylvia was in there and he opened the door, getting a shriek from her.

Sylvia was not used to having someone watch her take a pee. Ronnie insisted, telling her he wanted to watch. He had never seen a woman do that before. She resisted at first, then finally allowed it, even opening her legs wide so he could see everything. Her face was scarlet, to Ronnie that was fun.

About an hour later he was standing there himself and the door slammed open, there she stood with a huge grin, naked.

"Well?" She said. Ronnie started laughing so hard that he had one hell of a time getting the stream going. Once he finished, he turned to her, his erection climbing again.

Sylvia had squealed with delight when Ronnie grabbed her and dragged her into the shower with him.

Now he lay there watching her, his head propped up on one elbow. He wiggled his toes, burying them in the soft material.

California King, the sales clerk had told them, tipping her head back and laughing when Ronnie grabbed Sylvia by the waist and tipped her over onto the thing right there in the store. Then he pretended to try and undress her, managing to get her blouse pulled loose from where she had it tucked into her snug slacks.

"Just testing!" He grinned when she began to put up a serious resistance, pushing him off the top of her. Ronnie had managed to press his mouth to her bare belly button, causing some rather loud noises with his lips. There were a half dozen people in the store, all looking at them.

"Well I never!" One silver haired older lady sniffed, grabbing her husband's arm and tugging him away. The man craned his neck to look back, a huge grin on his face.

The young sales clerk was pretty happy with a sale that probably made her entire Saturday's commission, plus Ronnie noticed she kept glancing at him shyly, nipping at her lower lip. He smiled at her, getting an elbow from Sylvia.

Four hours later the bed was delivered and set up, it got tested within minutes of the delivery crew leaving. The rather large older man had taken one look at Sylvia standing there in just a robe with an impatient expression and grinned hugely, the younger helper turned bright red and appeared flustered.

+++

Sylvia opened her eyes and looked at him, then looked down. Ronnie had slid the covers off so he could see her.

"Pervert!" She teased, the slow smile sliding over her lips that delighted him.

"Yep!" He grinned, leaning down to kiss her.

Ronnie's world had come back together, he was happier than he could remember ever being.

+++

Monday meant going back to work, though. He had several huge trucks set up to deliver loads of rock, a tractor and trailer rented plus a little Bobcat machine that should be able to handle most of the big boulders. Another truck showed up with ten yards of white gravel, dumping it next to some big rolls of liner, then headed back for another load.

Jack's finishing crews were working inside the homes, Ronnie was doing the front yards, creating nice rock gardens, while planting different types of plants that could withstand a serious dry climate. The homes were all similar, so Ronnie was looking at each one, trying to do the yards in such a way as to give them each a different appearance.

He and his crew were well into the work on the 3rd one when Jack came by in his huge white pickup. Ronnie saw Tammy, the pretty African looking woman he had seen a few days earlier sitting in the passenger side.

"Damn, Ronnie! You sure do have a good eye for this, I like it." He exclaimed. Just then Tammy walked up to them.

Ronnie did a double take, she had on a pair of white shorts that sat so low on her hips it was obvious she shaved down there. The top she wore was just a wrap around her breasts, there was no hint at all of a sag and her big black nipples were clearly visible.

Jack grinned at Ronnie's reaction, he had not been able to help himself, the woman was spectacular.

"Let's break for lunch, go down to Philippi's Buffet, OK?" Jack asked.

"Sure." He answered, then he went over and told his crew what he needed done for the next yard.

At the restaurant, they went up and down the rows, filling plates with mountains of food.

"So what's the time frame, can you get six of them done each day?" He asked Ronnie, through a mouthful of potato salad.

"Yes, I think so but I was shooting for ten."

"Ten, huh? Damn! That would be great, we can push some of the promotions. Sales are a little slow but it could be worse. That Dixon Homes outfit south of town is cutting me on price. But they are running 20" on center and we are going 16", it pisses me off that those outfits cover up crap."

"You get what you pay for I guess." Ronnie said, trying to not look at Tammy who sat there by Jack's side. She hadn't said a single word.

"So. How are you and Sylvia getting along?" Jack asked him with a grin.

"Fine, we are happy." Ronnie really didn't want to talk about that with Jack. He was well aware that there had been a relationship between Jack and Sylvia, he had not asked her about it and wasn't sure he wanted to know.

"I can just imagine, that is one hot broad!" Jack said, tipping his head back in laughter.

Ronnie barely managed to not hit Jack for that, just barely. Jack caught his look and flushed slightly.

"Hey, if you ever get in the mood, Tammy here is a lot of fun." He told Ronnie. Ronnie looked at Tammy, she didn't even change expression.

"I...we plan on being faithful." Ronnie stammered. Tammy was looking right at him, it made him blush.

"Man, that is a fucked up concept, what with women like this. Hell, it would be a shame to not spread it around." He smirked and reached out to touch Tammy's bare shoulder, she still never changed expression. She looked at Ronnie with a steady gaze, then the corners of her mouth turned up slightly.

Ronnie felt his body react, he felt mildly ashamed of himself.

+++

The conversation at lunch messed up the rest of Ronnie's day. He knew that Jack and Sylvia had a relationship, she had worked for him for nearly a year. It hadn't been a problem at first until Jack made that wisecrack about her being a "hot broad."

Now he had the vision of Jack on top of Sylvia and it wouldn't leave his head.

"Why are you being such a prick all of a sudden?" One of his men complained after Ronnie yelled at him for being too slow with the Bobcat moving some rocks into place.

Ronnie took a deep breath and apologized, the man nodded and went on with his work. By 5 PM they had just six units finished, he sent home some of his crew but kept one man on overtime, pitching in to finish getting the trucks unloaded for the next day. He knew that three hours of overtime was about a fourth of his profit for the day, he had wanted this job desperately and cut the bid very close.

Part of the reason for that was Sylvia, he knew. Seeing her that first evening with Jack had started everything right back up again, getting the bid meant he would be able to see her from time to time. He had not known then how things would turn out, that she would be his again.

Ronnie had left after the meal, leaving Jack and Sylvia there together. What had happened? Did Jack then take her home, make love to her?

The idea of that ate at him.

+++

It was after eight PM when he walked in the door, Sylvia was sitting there waiting.

"Long day, honey?" She asked. He just nodded. She went in and warmed a plate, brought it out. Then she curled up at his feet, tugging off his shoes and socks and rubbing them for him.

"Jack came by, we went to lunch today."

"Oh, how does he like your landscaping?" She was rubbing his feet firmly, making them feel good.

"He seems to, I told him we could hit ten per day but we only managed six."

"It will go faster, I am sure, once the crew gets it down to a system."

Ronnie nodded, his mind was still full. He looked down at her and she smiled up at him. Ronnie knew he loved her, but deep inside he was wishing things had been different.

What had she known, what had she done during those years apart? He had thought that it would not bother him, but now he found that it did.

That night when she reached for him he begged off, telling her he was exhausted. He knew he would not be able to perform, his head was still full of those thoughts of Jack being with her.

The thought even slid into his dreams.

"Are you all right honey?" Ronnie was suddenly awake, Sylvia lay there with her hand gently touching his chest.

Someone had been yelling, "NOOO!" He realized that it was himself.

"Yea. Just a dream, lots of things on my mind." he answered. Then he reached for her and hugged her tightly.

"You are mine!" He whispered to her.

"Yes, Ronnie. I am all yours." She answered.

The next day went better, they got seven of the yards finished. Ronnie was pleased with the way they looked, but slightly worried. He had every dime he had in the world tied up in inventory and equipment, and every dime he could borrow.

He knew he had made the bid so far on the low side so time was going to matter, his men needed to be paid. The week went along fairly steady, each night he came home late, Sylvia waiting for him.

Friday evening she wasn't there!

Ronnie found the note explaining that Jack had called and asked her to come in and help straighten out the books.

He could understand that, Tammy he figured was not exactly a secretary/accountant. He went over to the phone and dialed the message service he rented.

"Ronnie, I am going over to Jack's office to sort out his books, he says that Tammy made a mess of things already. I will be home later, there is some food in the fridge, love you!"

It was just after 10 PM when Sylvia got home, by then Ronnie was pissed off. He just could not get the idea of her being with Jack out of his head. What were they doing, would Jack make a pass? Would she let him?

He felt sick inside, all of the possibilities were filling his head.

"Where in the hell have you been?" He demanded the moment she walked in.

Sylvia came to a dead stop, startled.

"Didn't you get my note, my message? I was sorting out Jack's books."

"I will just bet."

"What? That's all I was doing, what's the matter with you?" She suddenly sounded angry.

"Nothing. Nothing at all. I am going to bed." He turned and walked into the bedroom. He expected her to follow him but she didn't. He lay there trying to sleep but it wouldn't come.

But he apparently did sleep, waking up to the Sun shining in the window. Sylvia wasn't there, he dressed and went looking for her. She sat in the living room, sipping some coffee. She went and got him a cup, then sat down again.

"We need to talk, honey." She said.

"Yes, I guess so." He answered, feeling ashamed of himself.

"Do you think that Jack and I...made love or something last night?"

"No, I don't think that. I don't know what I think." He answered.

"Then what's the matter?"

"When we went to lunch, Jack made some comments. It bothered me, then he told me if I ever wanted...Tammy?"

"Tammy? Why? She is mostly just his current plaything, Jack is that way about women. He has always played the field. What comments did he make?" She asked.

"He said you were a hot broad, that pissed me off. I know that you and Jack...have been..together but that just rubbed my face in it."

"Oh God, I am sorry about that. That was before, honey. Now I am with you, Jack could never...." She stopped, looking at him.

Ronnie sat there not knowing what to say.

"Oh. I think I understand, you want to know, don't you? I asked you if it mattered, you said..."

"I know what I said."

Sylvia sat there for several long moments, looking at him. Then she sighed.

"Come on into the kitchen, honey." She reached out and took his hand. Ronnie let her lead him in, they sat at the table across from each other.

"Ronnie, you were my very first, you know that."

He nodded.

"When I found you with that woman, it was a shock. She was naked, I thought that you didn't love me back. You couldn't, not and do that."

"I wasn't, it was just..."

"I know that now, honey."

"So I went back home, dropped out of school. I was young, I had given myself to you, my...purity. I loved you, I wanted it to be just you and then I saw....that."

"That hurt me real bad." She added.

Ronnie sat waiting, letting her talk. She sat there thinking for a long time.

"You want to know, don't you?"

"Yes." He said quietly. Sylvia took a deep breath.

"All right. I moped around for a month or so, then I found a job as a book keeper in an office building. One of the salesmen named Harmon there was really nice to me, he kept asking me out and finally after a few months I went. We had dinner and some drinks and danced, that night we ended up at my apartment and we...did it."

Ronnie just sat and listened.

"To be honest, I felt guilty because I let him..do that. Then after, he got up and went home, he was just using me. I never went out with him again." Sylvia reached up and brushed at a tear.

"That bothered me, I felt...used again, just like I felt when I saw you and Mrs. Bartholemew."

"Did you..did he...?" Ronnie asked.

"Orgasm? Yes, I did, I...do that pretty easily, you know that. Anyway, after that I didn't even go out on a date for almost a year. Then one of my girl friends had a party. I met a guy named Dale there. We dated for a few weeks, then he..asked me one night and I went home with him. He didn't leave, he was there the next morning."

Sylvia paused, collecting her thoughts.

"We saw each other for several months, then he asked me to marry him. I even thought about it, Dale was a very nice man. He had a good job and a nice home, he was married once before and had a little girl. But finally I realized I just liked him, I didn't love him. I really did try to love Dale, I just couldn't."

Again she paused.

"When he..we..made love, it was all OK, but it was like something wasn't right."

"You don't need to tell me any more, honey." Ronnie told her.

"Yes, I think I do. I don't want any secrets between us at all!"

"All right."

"I saw an ad for a secretary, so I applied. It was Jack's company. That man can really make a mess of accounting, he knows how to build but he can't count. I got things sorted out for him, it took months. He took me out for dinner to celebrate, he told me it was to say thank you."

Again Sylvia stopped, looking at Ronnie for a reaction.

"Jack is pretty good with women, you have seen how he is. Women seem to be everywhere with him. Anyway, I got a little bit drunk and one thing led to another. I knew what he was doing of course, but for some reason I wanted to. Up until then it was..I just worked for him."

"How long did that go on?" Ronnie asked.

"One night. Just the one. The very next night, we were sitting there at dinner and there you were."

"You didn't? Not that night then?"

"No. Jack wanted to but I told him no. Then I explained how I felt..about you."

"But he said he had heard of me?"

"Yes, I had told him once before about the man I loved...and left. Jack and I got to be good friends from working together, we talked about everything."

"What did he say?"

"Jack is pretty blunt. His exact words were for me to get off my dead ass and go get you, but I had no idea for sure where you were by then. For all I knew, you were married with a pile of kids."

"So why did you sleep with him?"

"I guess because I wanted to. Jack is...I don't know what it is, he has a way about him."

"Did he...make any moves last night?"

"Jack? No, we was worried about his books, he doesn't even have a clue how much money he has, I have no idea at all how he built such a big company. Just his energy, I suppose."

"Energy?" Ronnie asked.

"Yes, Jack is different. Like...you are different."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, Dale..and Harmon..were both just one time and..done, Jack..isn't. He is..almost like you are in that respect. I can't lie to you about it, Jack is..was..very good in bed."

She blushed at saying that, looked down.

"So if I hadn't showed up, you would have...?"

"Yes, probably." Sylvia looked right at him.

"I guess I understand. Jack is rich, good looking, always funny. I suppose he is hung like a Horse, too?" Ronnie said with some sarcasm. Then he instantly regretted saying that.

"Yes, he is."

"But you don't need to feel insecure, you guys are pretty close." Sylvia added quickly, catching Ronnie's expression.

"God, I can't believe we are talking about things like this." Ronnie said.

"That's the truth, Ronnie, that is all the truth. If I had even thought that I would ever see you again, I never would have even dreamed of having sex with Jack. But it happened and I can't take it back. I guess it means that we can accept each other the way we are, or not."

"So why did you tell me no when I asked you out, asked you to give me a chance?"

"I wanted to be sure of you, I didn't want to get hurt again. I..snooped. It floored me when some of the people who knew you said they thought you were...gay." She laughed at that.

"I want us to be just us, it has to be that way. Ronnie, I am back where I belong, I will never cheat on you..ever! I promise. I love you and I have always loved you. Even before I asked you for that job, way back. I wanted you to..notice me."

"Same here, honey." She got up and slid into his lap. In short order they were tugging at each others clothes and they ended up making love on the kitchen table.

Things felt all right once again.

+++

It was just one week later that his crew finished ten front yards on one day, and part of another. Ronnie had the first third finished and got his check for the second third of the contract.

He grinned to himself when he looked at the signature, seeing that it was Sylvia's. He knew he could be reasonably certain of getting paid on time.

Jack called and more or less demanded that he be allowed to take them all out to dinner, he had closed on several of the homes that week.

The meal was amazing, they had Lobster and Tenderloins, all the trimmings.

"So. We have something to tell you, Tammy and I are moving in together, maybe even getting married!" Jack announced, as they all sat sipping some wine.

"What? Really?" Ronnie said.

"Yea, really. I found out she can't count, but she sure as hell can cook!" He laughed at his own joke. Tammy rolled her eyes at him, then grinned.

Once again, like always, she sat there with her large breasts mostly on display. Like always, she said almost nothing.

"So when are you two getting married?" Jack asked.

Ronnie glanced over at Sylvia, she just grinned.

"I...we haven't yet talked about that." Ronnie managed, hesitating.

"Well, hey. Before we all tie the knot why don't we get together and have a big party?" He grinned.

"A party?" Ronnie asked, not getting it for a second.

"Yea, a party!" He tipped his head back and roared.

"No, thank you!" Sylvia told him, laughing, before Ronnie could answer.

"I didn't think so. Oh, well. You are one lucky asshole, you know that, right?" He grinned.

"But if you guys ever do change your mind, Tammy here really can...cook!" He roared again at his wisecrack.

magmaman
magmaman
2,694 Followers
12