A Player No Longer Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
seat542
seat542
236 Followers

I lost myself in training. I wanted to build my speed, stamina, and strength without bulk. I still wore panties whenever I wasn't at the gym. As I was somewhat settled in my apartment and knew enough of the city to get around, Kim slipped from the picture for awhile. I did try calling her a couple of times with some 'made up' problem but I just got her machine.

About two weeks after my return I got a letter in the mail from Emily. Kim took it upon herself to fly to Pittsburgh to explain everything to Emily. She spent the better part of a week trying to convince her of my fidelity. In the end Emily believed her, but said I must make a decision. Her love for me was real and would always be real. However, as long as I was in football we would never be together. She wished me luck.

**************

That was fifteen years ago. Yes, I fucked Kim....a lot. The first time was the night I got Emily's letter. Let me tell you this young lady could fuck. But that was it. There was not much beyond that—she was a very delicious vanilla. Things ended quickly when she found my stash of panties. She simply couldn't handle it.

So, my life became a series of short term relationships during the season. During the off-season I was myself...the feminine Patty. I even lived in Argentina for a couple of summers and became involved in the tranny community. That was very erotic, and the topic of another story.

******

So now I was retired and State contacted me for an anniversary get together of the National Championship Team. The school magazine did a 'Then and Now' article on each of the players. The starters of course had more press and with my pro career, I had more than my fair share.

When the question came up about family, I explained how I never married. I told the reporter I was still in love with my college sweetheart but she turned down my marriage proposal. The reporter taped the conversation and I spilled my guts. I told him how football was very good to me, but denied me the happiness I truly desired. Now that I was retired, I would do this final anniversary get together and then put football behind me. The reporter asked me about the girl, but I gave no information.

It turns out I knew Emily wasn't married at the moment. The tickets I kept giving to her father, kept me in the loop on her life. Even though it was fifteen years since our last meeting, I never lost my love for her. Emily had married. Badly. Twice. No kids. She did get her doctorate and was currently teaching at a prestigious college in Pittsburgh.

The article was published two weeks before the anniversary reunion. They were going to bring the team out on the field at halftime and re-introduce us to the crowd. We were given locker room passes and asked to talk to the players about commitment. The game was great. It was against Tech and we were winning at Half time. This was the first time I ever watched a game live in which I wasn't playing, let alone from a luxury suite. The game was so much more enjoyable with a cocktail!

At halftime we went down to the field and entered through the team tunnel. We lined up on the fifty yard line and as each of us was introduced they played clips of our career on the jumbo-tron. When I was introduced the stadium went nuts. They showed the clip of my game winning catch against Tech along with a bevy of clips from the National Championship game and my NFL career.

We exited the field just as we did as players. Instead of having our helmets raised, this time we were waving to the crowd. Heading into the tunnel I thought of Emily and how she would always be in the same spot for each game. I looked up but she wasn't there. My heart sank a bit. Football took everything from me and gave me money in return.

After the game we all headed to the locker room to congratulate the team. It took a long time to get out of there. The media wanted to talk to everyone. There were team photos and all sorts of PR stuff.

Darkness was beginning to overtake the stadium when I left. Crossing the parking lot towards my car, I heard her voice, "Nice catch Pat. Professor Turnbull will definitely talk about that one on Monday."

I knew the voice. I turned and saw Emily. Tears filled my eyes and my voice quivered as I replied, "I'm sure he will." Continuing I added, "I didn't think you were a fan."

I heard Emily's voice break as she said "I've always been a fan of yours." She started to cry as she said, "I'm just so very happy it's finally over."

I knew what she meant.

"And so am I, Professor Grove; and so am I."

Emily came to me. No, she ran to me. We kissed the deepest, most tender kiss of my life. We were crying. It took me no time at all to make up my mind again. Emily was my true love. I took one step away from her and reached into my jacket pocket. I pulled out the engagement ring I purchased fifteen years earlier. Going to one knee, I proposed. This time Emily said yes.

We kissed again and I told her I would never leave her again. Emily kissed me gently on the lips and said, "I know."

As we walked to my car with our arms around each other, she asked, "What color panties do you have on?"

I smiled and told her the pink pair she gave me after the first time we made love. She said, "Me too."

We knew...

seat542
seat542
236 Followers