A Prince of Earth Ch. 01

Story Info
Genetically enhanced people rule the future.
2.1k words
3.52
65.6k
10

Part 1 of the 3 part series

Updated 08/27/2017
Created 04/08/2005
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Samuelx
Samuelx
2,123 Followers

In the year 1970, a top secret project began. A team of scientists sought to create a new and improved brand of humanity. They combined human and animal DNA and were able to genetically engineer a new species. This new species was known as the Titans. They looked like human beings, except that they were taller and decidedly tougher physically. The Titans were stronger, faster and smarter than ordinary humans. Originally, the scientists created forty eight hundred of these genetically enhanced men and women. They escaped from their creators and quickly disposed of them. The Titans were unleashed upon the planet Earth.

The leader of the Titans was a man known as Jonathan Braxos. He was a charismatic youth and one of the most promising among his genetically enhanced brethren. He stood six feet six inches tall, muscular, with black hair and pale green eyes. He was the first one to unite his brethren under a common goal. The Titans wanted to take over the planet Earth. Jonathan and his lover, the beautiful Alexandra Gurkru, a tall, blond-haired, blue-eyed woman with amazing intelligence, planned it out. They were opposed by a fellow Titan named Joseph Phebus. Phebus opposed Braxos. He took over the Nuclear arsenal of the United States of America and triggered global warfare in an act of madness. The face of the planet Earth was forever altered. Over two billion people died. The survivors called this day the Day of Doom. This happened on the third day of July 2007. This was a day the world would never forget. Jonathan Braxos and his fellow superhumans went underground in a bomb shelter in order to survive the Nuclear holocaust that followed.

Jonathan Braxos would later lead his superhumans out of the darkness. Almost all of them had survived the Day of Doom. Jonathan and his genetically enhanced brethren were the super predators in a world gone mad. Earth had been plunged in barbarism. The planet looked like a gigantic wasteland. Out of the ashes of the world, the superhumans sought to rebuild civilization. They quickly took over the remnants of humanity. Most of the survivors in North America fell under the sway of a powerful leader known as Lord Braxos. Braxos had decided to build himself an empire. With his fellow superhumans and their human allies, they set to change the world for the better. Jonathan Braxos was the first Overlord of North America. He lived to the ripe old age of one hundred and twenty. His grandson Maximus Braxos took over after his death. All of Braxos's children had died before the Overlord's death. Jonathan Braxos had tried really hard to build a new civilization from the ashes of the fallen one. He saw it as his duty, as the leader of a superior brand of humanity. Unlike their human counterparts, the Titans had multiplied and were now a thriving community.

The capital of the Braxian empire was in what once was Boston, Massachusetts. Jonathan Braxos had been fond of the city and had done much to try to restore it. Boston was the place where he met the woman who later became his wife, Alexandra Gurkru. The Titans ruled North America. The rest of the world was left to fend for itself. China and Japan had not been terribly affected by the Nuclear war and were thriving countries. India was also thriving. Most of Europe was not doing so well but Greece had just become a super power in the European continent. One of the Titans, a man named Michael Jharsa had gone to South Africa with a few hundred superhumans and had survived the Nuclear war. They were doing quite well. Africa had barely been affected by the Nuclear war. The Africans were doing quite well for themselves. The entire continent was ruled by a man named George Khor, the successor of Michael Jharsa. The Republic of South Africa was the throne world of a continental empire. The Americans were not the undisputed masters of the world but they were doing better than many. This was mainly due to the irresistible leadership of the Braxos family. Things were about to change for many of them. Although much of civilization had been restored by the efforts of the superhumans, ordinary humanity wasn't always content to have these genetically enhanced people as its masters. The seeds of revolt had been planted long ago. It was up to the current leader to maintain peace in the empire. The current leader, the youthful Maximus Braxos would have a world of work ahead of him.

Lord Maximus Braxos stood on the terrace of the palace. He was looking at the beautiful city of Boston below. His grandfather had loved this city and spent decades repairing it. He had been fond of the place long before the Day of Doom. Maximus was a man with a lot of troubles. He was the leader of the entire North American continent. His empire was vast. He had much to ponder and important decisions to make everyday.

Maximus stood six feet two inches tall, well-built, with black hair and pale green eyes. He was almost the spitting image of his grandfather, Overlord Jonathan Braxos. His grandfather had built an empire out of the ashes of the civilization that fell through Nuclear warfare. His grandfather had handpicked him to rule the empire. Maximus had seen his whole family die in power struggles. He had seen them hurt and betray each other. All because of power. He had never been very interested in politics although he was groomed to become a leader. He loved books. His grandfather had hundreds of thousands of books salvaged from the pre-Nuclear times and the young Maximus had fallen in love with the time of his grandfather. He read Karl Marx. He also read about the adventures of Alexander the Great and Napoleon Bonaparte. He read about Achilles and Hector in the Trojan war. He read the Thousand and One Nights. He fell in love with literature. He was fascinated by physics and mathematics. He loved Geography. He loved computers. If he had a choice, he would have become a techie. That's where his passion lay.

Maximus was the child of genetically enhanced human beings. He was stronger and faster than the average human being. He wasn't athletic or anything. He could easy lift five hundred pounds. He could run a distance of thirty miles in a little more than one hour. His stamina and speed were greater than anything human. He was by no means unique. There were many superhumans around. Thousands. The descendants of those genetically enhanced men and women created by the scientists of the twentieth century. The grandchildren and sometimes great grandchildren of the legendary Titans from the past. Maximus loved spending time on the terrace of the palace. It was so beautiful and peaceful. It was perhaps the only time which he had to himself. He was quite young, as far as leaders went. Only twenty three years old.

Maximus heard a sound and looked to see his favorite animal, Wraith. Wraith was a cheetah. A full-grown cheetah taken right from the Serengeti. He had the animal ever since it was a kitten. Wraith loved his master and was very protective of him. He followed him everywhere. The palace guard were used to the presence of the large feline. Maximus reached down and patted Wraith's large head. The cheetah purred and looked at his master with large golden eyes. Maximus smiled. The faithful beast was perhaps the only friend he had in this universe. Maximus had loved animals ever since he was a child. His father, Napoleon Braxos had a lion as a pet. His mother, Sela Janus Braxos had a wolfhound. Maximus missed his parents. They had been gunned down right before his very eyes. He was only ten years old at the time. A bunch of masked assassins invaded the palace, massacred the palace guard and then went after the family. Napoleon Braxos bravely picked up a sword and went after the assassins to protect his family. He killed two of them before he went down. His wife killed two of the gunmen and then rushed to his side. She held her husband in her arms before he died. Right after he died, she went down in a hail of bullets as well. Maximus hid in a closet and watched his family die. It was an experience which marked him for life. When he was on the terrace by himself, that's when he missed his family the most. Maximus heard another sound and turned around. He found himself looking at Hyperion Jackson. Hyperion Jackson was the Overlord's personal bodyguard. He had a way of always being where he was wanted. Hyperion was a big man. He stood six feet nine inches tall, broad-shouldered and muscular, with jet-black skin and sharp, handsome features. His long black hair was braided into dreadlocks. He was the young Overlord's last line of defense against assassins and intruders. Maximus sighed. He coughed and excused himself. Hyperion smiled at him and said nothing.

"How are you tonight, my lord?" Hyperion asked. He looked at Maximus and the young Overlord shrugged. " I am fine, old friend." Maximus said. " I was simply lost in thought."

Maximus returned his gaze on the landscape that was sprawled before him. The glittering city of Boston. Home to over two million humans and thousands of superhumans. One of the best cities in the empire. Also, one of planet Earth's last centers of knowledge in the post-Day of Doom world. Maximus had big plans for the city. He was a powerful man. He had a lot of things to do. He also had the yearnings of a lost soul. Maximus was not the kind of man who indulged himself in any manner recognizable to the people around him. Wealthy young men liked to indulge themselves. Any craving they had. They certainly had their pick of members of either sex to choose from. They had the power. Maximus was one of the most powerful men on the planet. He ruled an empire. Beautiful women flocked to him like bees to honey.

Still, the young Overlord seemed to lead a celibate lifestyle. He took care of the matters of empire. He met with the police leaders and the military. He spoke with foreign dignitaries. He met with politicians and wealthy business people. He dined with royalty. When night came, the young Overlord took no young lady to his bed. Many thought that was strange. Rumors floated around. People thought that there might be some interesting secrets in the Overlord's life. The imperial world was very much an open-minded world as far as sexual attitudes went. A man could have any lover he wanted, whether male or female and live life without fearing the judgement of others. Heterosexuality was the norm but homosexuality and bisexuality weren't frowned upon. In fact, young men and women were encouraged to do some sexual experimentation during their vital years. In the world of Maximus, Gay Marriage was legal. Religion and government were still separate entities. The power of organized religion had dwindled. Most people in the empire seemed to be practicing atheists.

Hyperion watched his Overlord. He simply couldn't figure out this man. Hyperion was a happily married man. His wife Juanita Charleston was a martial arts instructor and astro-physicist. They had three children together. Hyperion was very proud of his children. He was a family man and that was that. He was devoted to the Overlord and his family understood. It was his royal duty. He was raised by the Order of Knights. The Order of Knights was a group that recruited young men and women whom they selected at birth and taught them to become the most lethal of killers.

These Knights would become the faithful warriors attached to the protection of the elite in society. Hyperion was the best Knight the Order had ever produced. He was no ordinary man. He wasn't a genetically enhanced superhuman like the Overlord but he had been bio-enhanced by the Order. He was stronger and faster than the average man. Many people went for biological enhancement procedures these days. It was a risky procedure which only two out of ten patients survived. Hyperion had survived. It was his sacred duty to serve the Overlord. The Order of Knights had been around for a long time. Centuries before the Day of Doom which almost ended civilization in the early days of the twenty first century. Their duty was to protect and serve. It was not their place to question. He would watch over the Overlord.

To be continued...

Samuelx
Samuelx
2,123 Followers