A Ride to Heaven and Back Ch. 04

Story Info
Brush with the law, a proposal, and a close call
3.9k words
4.69
17.7k
6

Part 4 of the 14 part series

Updated 10/18/2022
Created 06/05/2008
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Author's Note: Sorry I've made you all wait for this for so long but so much has happened since '08. We had to move and there were health issues with both my husband and I, and some family problems that left writing in the background of my mind. I've been slowly returning to it, working on stories I had written and seeing what I could do with them, before going too crazy with it. I seem to be working back up to my old stride and after some work and a new chapter about their adventures; I decided to bring Dev and Reni out of retirement. Now if I can just keep them out of the bedroom long enough to keep their minds on things besides each other...

Chapter 4

Reni left the shower and smiled at Devlin in the mirror. "Feel better?" He looked at her over his shoulder.

"Much, thanks for stopping." She hadn't minded knowing the sweat and grime she felt was from the night before, but she needed cooler clothes today, not even eight a.m. and it was almost ninety in Winslow. The truck stop was busy with summer travelers and she was starved as well. "I need food now."

He grinned at her. "And what would you like?"

She wrapped the towel around her hair and walked up to him. Wrapping her arms around his neck, she ran her tongue over his lips. "Why, you of course; with thick whipped cream and fresh strawberries and a cherry on top."

Devlin wrapped his arms around her and grinned. "But which part of me sweetheart? There's a lot of man to cover."

"Hmm, yes there is." Feeling bolder then she was normally capable of, she ran her fingers over the front of his jeans. "Well, we could start with this part, and just go from there." As it was she had been thinking of something all morning and now he looked at her with a knowing smile.

"Later baby, I hate to be spoiler of pleasant thoughts, but I do have to be in Seattle and you have to go home." He ran his fingers over her face. "I am in no hurry to let you go, but we both know we have to do what has to be done."

Nodding, she wished for once she wasn't so damn responsible. She pulled on a fresh pair of cut off jeans and tank top and he nodded. In the restaurant, they got a table and a young, well built blonde came with menus and ice water. Reni couldn't miss the admiring look the woman gave Devlin, but what surprised her was the fact he hardly seemed to notice. Instead, he took the menu, opened it and started to peruse the choices. Reni almost wanted to ask him if he was blind, the blonde looking like she couldn't believe him not looking at the cleavage she was showing off.

When he did look at her again, it was simply to order. Reni couldn't resist teasing him. "I think you broke her heart."

He didn't seem to be concerned. "Not bad, but too flashy, I like a woman who acts like more than a piece of meat. Told you honey, has to be a connection." He reached over and ran his hand over her bare leg. "Besides, why look at what I can't have, when I have you and I know I can."

When he put it that way, she thought it made sense. He was the kind of man who made a choice, once he was with someone that was who he was with, period. The blonde could have been naked but as long as Reni was with him, to Devlin it wouldn't matter. She was a little surprised then wondered why she should be.

Once back on the road, she sat back in the passenger seat and relaxed. Arizona was a nice state, but hot and dry. She was grateful for the tinted windows. They were saving her arms from a bad burn. The first few weeks she had been traveling, she had spent a small fortune on sun tan lotion. Over time her body had taken on a golden tint and she liked it, but not enough to spend hours in a tanning booth to maintain.

Not that the heat didn't penetrate the cab, her only question was if it was the sun outside or the sexual heat that they were both radiating. She had never met a man who made her have such constant thoughts of beds and bodies tangled up all together. All he had to do was smile at her and that switch inside her was turned on high. Devlin had that same look on his face and it showed in his voice as they talked. As it grew huskier, and he started licking his lips more, she wondered if he could actually make it to Seattle on time if every time they turned around they were stopping to make love.

Even now he had a look on his face that was one of pure hunger. "Penny for your thoughts..." She did her best to keep her voice even.

"Strawberries and whipped cream. Damn girl, where did you come up that idea?"

Reni giggled. "Actually my cousin told me about it; it was something she did with her husband on their wedding night. She said it was better with whole rather than frozen strawberries, they made less of a mess."

"And when did you learn about this?"

"Hmm, right before I left home. They came back from their honey moon the week before I left. She was full of all kinds of information. I think some of the stuff was kind of kinky, but that's Michelle. She's always been a little wilder then the rest of us. Aunt Jan was happy to get her married off to tell the truth. She told mom and dad that it was either marry her off, or both Aunt Jan and Uncle Fred were going to be totally gray before their time."

"And of course, you never did any of the things she's done." He gave her a teasing grin.

"Truthfully, no, I haven't. I had things to do, places to go and people to see, that was my focus. Michelle said I would be an old lady before my time if I wasn't careful."

"Time does slip by fast, the rest of my family are all married, with kids. I am the doting uncle that brings home lots of expensive presents, and get asked when I'm going to have myself a few."

"What do you tell them?"

"That when I find the woman I want to have my babies, I'll have a house full. You like kids Reni?"

She laughed at that. "Why, doing a job interview for a nanny?"

"No, for a mommy, I think you would be great as one."

Reni blushed. Damn she had been doing that a lot lately since she had met him. "Actually, I love kids; I always wanted to have two or three. Just never thought about having them before I finished my goals, felt like it wouldn't be fair to them or my husband." Now why was this conversation making her conjure up visions of little boys and girls running around with his dark looks and smile? Even as she asked herself, she knew the answer. Because he was the man she had always dreamed of as the father of her children. Well, not him personally, but someone like him.

"Reni..."

She looked at him. "Yes Dev?"

"Do you want to pull over and make love as bad as I do, or am I just a dirty old man?" He was licking his lips again and she felt her body respond.

"I thought we agreed not to do that until later tonight." This would never get them to Portland or to Seattle if they kept getting so hot for each other.

He chuckled. "Well, we never actually voted on it, and I don't think we really discussed it in committee."

"Well, in that case, how far to the next exit?" She moved into the sleeper and began to undress, "I'll be waiting in here for you."

Devlin smiled. "I'll be there in twenty miles, don't you dare start without me."

Lifting his mouth from hers, Devlin swallowed hard. He was turning into a sex maniac. The more he got of her, the more he wanted. All he had to do was look at her the way she was now, and he went even harder then he already was. All her golden hair splayed out around her, her body glistening with sweat, and her eyes filled with the lust of the century. He knew, his eyes held the same expression. She was a drug to him, she was in his blood and he needed a constant infusion of her body to keep him going.

"Reni, oh god honey, you feel so good..." He was almost torturing them both by how slow he was moving in and out of her. He had purposely parked the rig at the far end of the parking lot, so they would have some added privacy in case they got loud. He smiled as he remembered seeing a bumper sticker when he was a kid, it had been on the back of a highly customized van and the whole family had gotten a chuckle out of it. "Don't bother knocking, if this van is rocking."

They were rocking this rig for sure. Reni was moving against him hard, trying to make him go faster, and begging in his ear. "Dev, please, I can't wait, please, fuck me Dev, make me cum. So damn close..." She was gripping his shoulders as if she might never let go, and he didn't want her to.

He looked down at her. "Tell me what you want sugar, tell me how you want it."

"Hard, hard and fast, like you're a runaway train and I'm the tunnel. God Dev, it's so fantastic, it's driving me crazy."

His lower body began to give her what she wanted and he had to admit he wanted it too. His balls were aching for relief and his cock was more then willing to pretend it was out of control. He could hear their skin slapping together and the feel of her ass as his balls hit them was wonderful. "Reni, oh god baby, yes, this is good, this is awesome, and I can feel your pussy grabbing at me, trying to hold me in. Come on baby, give me what I want, to hear you cum. I want to hear you cry out my name and tell me I please you."

"You do Dev, never been so crazy, never felt so wild and free as I do with you. Dev, oh lord, I'm cumming Dev, I feel like a volcano erupting around your hard cock." She was crying now. "DEV, come with me DEV, fill me up. Give me all the hot lava you have in you..."

Even as he began to fill her up, he heard the pounding on the driver's door. No! Not now; not when he was in heaven and Reni was the cloud he was reclining on. He wanted to yell and tell them to go away, tell them to go fuck themselves. Instead, he made one final lunge and gave her all he had left. The pounding grew bigger louder, and when he had regained his breath, he growled.

"All right already, just give me a damn minute will you?"

"Arizona Highway Patrol, we need you to step out of the rig!" The voice was deep and bellowing and it sounded as if it was not going away.

Devlin looked at Reni, who was looking back with surprise in her eyes. "What the fuck? Okay, okay, I'll be out in a minute." He motioned her to get under the sheet while he dressed. "Let me handle this okay?" As she nodded, he gave her a quick kiss. With a sigh, he opened up the door and saw three patrol men, two of which had guns drawn. "What's the problem officer?"

A tall, burly man looked at him. "Are you alone in there son?" His tone told Devlin he already knew the answer.

"No sir, I've got my fiancee in there, but she's not..."

Devlin didn't like the leer that the man's face took on. "Your fiancee huh, that's a new name for it. Willis, check it out. Bring her out here." When he was doing that, the burly man spoke again. "I want to see your license, registration, insurance papers and log books. We got reports of prostitutes working this area, checking out all the rigs."

"Fine but I told you she's my fiancee..."

Even as he spoke, Reni crawled down from the cab, she had dressed fast and fixed her hair. She was glaring at the cop. "Do I look like a hooker?"

The big man looked her up and down. "No ma'am, but that doesn't mean much. You got any identification on you?" As she handed it to him, the cop read it off. "Renita Marks, Portland, Oregon, you're a long way from home."

Devlin had to admit, Reni handled herself well. "Devlin and I decided if I was going to be married to a trucker, I should know what it's like out here. So I came along with him on his run, and we're on our way home. He said if we could survive this trip together we could survive anything."

"And are you surviving well?" There was that leer again, making Devlin clench his fist and wonder what the penalty was for punching a cop in the face.

"Actually, I was going to tell him that as soon as we get home, there's no reason to postpone the wedding. I could handle it if he could." She looked at Devlin with amusement in her eyes. "I think we can handle it extremely well...gets a little hot at times, but nothing we can't cool off given a little time and privacy." Her voice stressed the last word with a tinge of sarcasm.

One of the other cops laughed at that. They had put their guns away now and Devlin held out all the paperwork. "Here you go. It's all in order."

The head officer shook his head. "Forget it, seems we misjudged the situation. You folks have a good day. Come on boys." He turned to walk off and the others followed, leaving Devlin and Reni to watch their retreat.

"Sensational, you did better than I did." He looked at her with respect in her eyes. "So you think you could handle being married to a trucker huh...is that a proposal?"

She ran a fingertip over his lips. "Maybe, someone has to keep you out of trouble."

"And who better than the one who gets me into it to take on the job. So how about it Reni Marks, you think you could take on the job and see it through?"

"Sure, but only if you tell me who I'm marrying, Devlin Morris the truck driver, or Devlin Morris, the man who owns DM Trucking, one of the biggest hauling companies on the west coast." She didn't sound angry, if anything she sounded as if she was proud of him.

"How...?" He felt taken back and wondered how she had found out.

"Back at the truck stop, I was on my way to the bathroom when I saw Fred, I was going to say hi, when I heard him telling a couple other guys that you were traveling with your fiancée, and you didn't want her to know who you were yet. It pissed me off at first, but then I got to thinking about it, and it made sense to me. Better to know you as the truck driver first."

He nodded. Throwing his paperwork back up in the cab, he rested his hands on her hips. "This is who I am love, even at the office I seldom wear suits or do much traveling as DM Trucking. A lot of the women I meet can't accept that. Those that can are more interested in the money then in me."

She smiled at that. "Well, money is not a big deal with me, my father is, or rather was the CEO of Marks Electronics. My uncle runs it now, but I have shares in it that pay very well, and when my parents/grandparents are gone, I'll have a hefty inheritance. It won't equal some, but it'll be enough for me."

Devlin shook his head, "Uh-uh, for our children to go to college and discover their own futures. So, will you?"

"Will I what Devlin?" She was purposely being obtuse; he saw the mischief in her eyes.

"Will you marry me? I know it's been a short time since we met, but...I need you in my life Reni, on the road and off."

She giggled. "Is that a proposal?"

Reaching up he tweaked her nose. "Oh yes, and it can either be a decent one, or an indecent one, but either way I intend to marry you Reni."

"And knowing your determination, you'll wear me down if I don't answer right away, so to save us both time and trouble, I guess I have to say...of course, I will. Now stop being such a pain and kiss me Devlin."

He was more than happy to oblige.

Reni wondered how upset Intel would be when their delivery was late. At least this time it wasn't her or Devlin's fault, it was the truck. After their brush with the Arizona Highway Patrol, they had decided to push it a little, well, not a little, a lot. Ten miles out of San Bernadino it became clear that something was wrong, and she knew that if it had been anyone else behind the wheel of the big rig she would have been scared as hell. As it was, when they finally came to a halt, Dev was sweating and she was shaking from the ride. When he told her to get out, and grabbed the fire extinguisher as he went, she followed without hesitation.

The smell of the brakes was enough to make her want to throw up; she could see the heat rising from them and hear Dev cursing as he used the extinguisher. A car that had been behind them had stopped and a man was helping him. The man's wife and children were back at a safe distance she was glad to see, she knew the dangers of overheated brakes. What made her feel even more disoriented was the fact that the truck had stopped just yards away from a cliff, a very tall, very wide cliff. Swallowing hard, she stepped back to breath and felt strong arms close around her.

"Reni, are you okay?" It was Dev, his voice worried.

She tried to make light of it, despite feeling like she might faint. "Let's just say that the saying about seeing your life flash before your eyes is not just a saying. Are you okay Dev? I know that must have been as scary for you as it was for me if not worse." Her arms went up around his neck, and she pressed her body against his to reassure herself that they were both alive.

"The word is terrifying sweetheart. That was a truck driver's worse nightmare. Even more so since you were with me, I couldn't live with myself if something happened to you..."

A male voice broke into their conversation. "Excuse me, sorry to interrupt, but can we give you a ride into town? I just tried my cell and it seems there's no service here, and I hate to leave you two stuck here."

Dev nodded. "Appreciate it, I can call a tow truck and find a place to settle while we see what the damage is."

Jack Marsh and his wife Annie were on their way home from visiting family in Texas, he was about Devlin's age, and had driven truck in his youth. "It's a dream I think most boys have growing up, seeing the big rigs, looking at the drivers, and thinking how much freedom they have. Of course, once I met Annie, well I didn't think it was fair for her to be raising our children alone while I was out on the road. So, I got another job and I can't say I'm sorry to have done it, things like what happened to you, it makes a man think."

It was clear as they sat in a café a while later that Dev was taking Jack's words to heart. He had called a tow truck, and his office to have a driver come pick up the trailer and finish the run. They would dead head from San Bernadino up to Portland. It was when he had sat staring out the window for five minutes that Reni touched his hand and got his attention.

"Dev..." She kept her voice soft.

He jumped a little then tried to hide it with one of his smiles. "Sorry love, just thinking how this is going to screw up my reputation with Intel..." When she arched an eyebrow, he grinned. "Okay, I guess I can't get anything past you can I?"

Reni thought about what he had said, and realized it was true in a way, she had seen the fear in his eyes, the way he had looked at her before jumping out of the cab. It hadn't been just himself that he had feared for, he had been afraid for her too. She thought about how little time they had actually known each other, and yet it felt like it had been longer.

"I was thinking about what happened, and about what Jack said. How he had given up the road for his wife and kids, and how today only reinforced his feeling that he had done the right thing. We could have died Reni, if I hadn't been able to stop it when I did, we would have gone over the cliff and that would have been that, you would have never seen your family again, and neither would I."

"But we didn't Dev, we're alive." She locked her fingers in his, "this is me touching you, not a ghost, and you can't tell me in all the years you've been driving you've never had a close call like the one today?"

He shook his head. "No, I can't. I've come close to dying plenty of times on runs. It happens, its part of the job. And it's not just mechanical, its traffic, its weather, its location. I just never had a reason to live as strong back then as I do right now. I just found you Reni; I don't want to lose you so soon." He looked around. "Let's go back to the motel honey, right now I need to make love to you so bad that if we don't get somewhere private, we might end up spending the night in jail."

She nodded. "Though it might be interesting to spend the night in jail here for doing what we both love to do so much..." Her eyes lit up as she considered the customers around them and how they would react to a free sex show along with their meals. She was sure Devlin would be a hit with the females.

12