A Ride to Heaven and Back Ch. 05

Story Info
Reni runs into some old friends,Dev goes to jail.
4.5k words
4.76
15.8k
4

Part 5 of the 14 part series

Updated 10/18/2022
Created 06/05/2008
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Devlin sat up in the bed, and swallowed hard as he realized he was awake. A glance at his watch told him it was still the middle of the night. Nightmare, he hadn't had a nightmare in years. He didn't remember what it was about, but he knew it was from the events of earlier. He had never felt such fear in his life. Not for himself, but for Reni, he thought how close he had come to losing the most important person in life, and he hated that. Life couldn't be that cruel, to take something so precious to him so soon.

Glancing over at Reni, he saw she was still asleep and had to smile. Of course she was asleep, he had spent the rest of the afternoon and half the night making love to her and he would have kept going if he hadn't been so drained his cock had refused to rise. Slipping out of bed, he went into the bathroom, closed the door and gave his bladder some relief. They hadn't even eaten dinner unless you counted eating each other. Well, they had a few days to work on it, the truck had been towed in to a shop just down the street, and it was clear that even the trailer needed new brakes, lines and drums. The load wouldn't make it to Seattle on time, but he would pay the penalty. Hell, he would buy the damn load and sell it back if he had to.

Something to do later today though, luckily Jack had been able to get them not only to town, but showed him the best shop, the car rental place and this motel all close together. They would call his cell phone when they were sure what all work needed to be done and give him an estimate. He hadn't done business here before, but depending on the quality of their work, he might make this one of his maintenance stops. He had them all over the country, another part of his way of doing business, give his drivers and equipment the best of the best.

His mind was back to semi-normalcy and he didn't hear the door open or know she was behind him until he felt her arms around his waist and her head against his bare back. He smiled as he finished what he was doing, and then turned to wrap his around her. "Did I wake you?"

She shook head sleepily. "I have to use the bathroom." They traded places and he leaned back against the sink as he waited for her.

He thought how cute she looked right now, her hair disheveled, her eyes half closed, and looking like she could fall sleep right where she was. Finally she made her way back out to the bed and he followed behind. He loved the way her broad little ass swayed, and how good it felt in his hands. He found he liked sleeping with his cock pressed up against it, and his hand resting on her breast.

Once back in bed, she snuggled up to him and Dev felt himself feel a lurch as she rested her arm on his stomach. For a moment he considered waking her up and finding out if she was up to another round, instead he settled back and closed his eyes, not waking until the sun was up.

He woke to her kissing his chest and running her hands over his body. It occurred to him to pretend he was still asleep and not interrupt, but then she put her lips on his cock and he couldn't hold back the moan, he loved the feel of her lips on him, how her tongue swirled around it like she was eating an ice cream cone. As he thought about it, he flared to full life and moved his hand down into her hair. "Oh yeah honey, that feels so good...what a wakeup call."

He heard her soft laugh and felt her fingers caress his balls. "I woke up hungry..."

"Hmm, what would you like for breakfast?" She was taking him deep and Devlin groaned deep in his throat. "Besides truck driver sausage..."

He didn't expect an answer, not with her mouth full of long, hard, aching cock. It felt so good, and she did it so well. Well, he would pay her back later, once they had a real meal, and regained some calories. For now he would let her have her fun, and in the mean time, he would just lay back and enjoy. While he did, he would consider just how he would pay her back, nothing normal today, no, something special, something very special.

They had breakfast in the café, and then drove out to the mall where the desk clerk had told him he could find the shops he wanted. Reni looked at him curiously but he simply shrugged. "I thought we might just do some window shopping; just something to do until they can give me an estimate on time and price, and that might not be until this afternoon."

"We could sleep, that's something we haven't done a lot of lately..."

He stopped and looked at her as they reached the entrance to the mall. "Now be realistic Reni, do you think you and I could honestly go back to the motel room and just sleep?" He grinned as he asked. "It's true you drained me this morning, but I recover fast..."

There was that blush again, and the shy smile. "You weren't complaining then..."

"And I'm not complaining now, I just want to do something different for a while. So humor me huh?"

The shop was at the end of the mall, and they checked out the various stores along the way. When she saw their final destination, she looked at him. "Dev...?"

"Humor me, okay...? I want to buy you something, isn't that what fiancées do?"

"Don't know, never been engaged before..."

"Well, that makes two of us."

The clerk was a tall, robust woman with a ready smile and Devlin felt a bit like a pastry when her dark eyes looked him over. "Can I help you dears?" They both knew that she was looking more at him then at Reni, but it was also clear that she was feeling a little foolish about it.

"Want to find something special for my lady, we're going to be in town for a few days, and we've been traveling light." He looked at Reni, "go find a swimsuit for one, that pool will be looking good by the time we get back. And anything else that might strike your eye. I want to show my future in laws that I am no cheapskate." He took his credit card out and handed it to the woman. "Put anything she wants on this, I'm going to the men's store next door. And make sure she picks out a nice dress, something special for going out for dinner and dancing."

The men's shop had all he wanted and he had to admit that the in house tailor was both fast and competent. He liked the cut of the suit jacket and slacks. He was tempted to wear it out, but he wanted to surprise Reni. He was also curious how she would react when he appeared after his shower as Devlin Morris, businessman, not to mention being more comfortable asking the male clerk about other purchases he wanted to make, than he would have been asking the woman. And the sales manager was able to get them reservations at a place that was more what he had in mind for dinner then the small café.

Reni tried to apologize only once for spending as much as she had, but she stopped dead as he pulled the car over to the side of the road, shut it down and turned in his seat to look at her. "You have no reason to apologize, I did it because I wanted to, and I would have bought out the entire mall if you had told me that was what you wanted. I can afford it, and we both know it, now stop talking or I swear I kiss you until you have to stop."

She gave him a soft, mischievous smile. "Would you really do that Dev?"

"Hell yes." To prove it, he did just that, letting his mouth claim hers over and over until she finally drew back, breathless. "Oh honey, wait till I get you back to the motel..."

"Promises, promises..."

"Reni, you are going to learn, I am a man who keeps his word."

He was good to his word, barely giving her a chance to put down her bags before he dropped his own purchases, and pulled her to him. The heat flared between them and he had her undressed before either of them realized it, pushing her back on the bed, he began to work at his own, tearing his shirt and cursing as he found the zipper of his jeans stuck. When he finally got it loose, he was glad he had another pair.

Reni laughed at him as he hopped around the room pulling off his boots and pants and Dev was sure he had looked like a fool, but he didn't care. He was hot, he was horny and he wanted his woman bad. Joining her on the bed, he pulled her to him and their arms and legs entwined even as his mouth began to savagely kiss hers. There would be no surrender, no retreat for either of them until the lust was quenched. Her fingers found his aching cock and began to stroke it gently as his fingers worked at her quivering clit and hot moist hole. He was starving for the feel and taste of her and when he moved between her legs, he looked down at the banquet before him.

"You're wet as hell darlin'," He bent his head to nibble at the small button at the top of her slit, and ran his fingers up and down the slick lower lips. Soon she was flooding his face, and he worked hard to lick it all up, not quite able to keep up but more than willing to try. It was only when he could stand no more that he put one leg over his shoulder and sunk his length in her. He liked it this way, he could see himself pumping in and out of her and he liked how their pubic hairs intermingled with each hard thrust. He was also able to stroke her clit and pinch and pull it as he chose. "Oh honey, I love how your pussy feels, so hot and wet. I can feel your heat rising with each thrust I make, and then your muscles holding on to him as I pull back."

Reni looked up at him and licked her lips slowly, "Devlin, this is no time to talk, just fuck me and shut up okay?" I have been waiting for this since we woke up this morning..."

Devlin had to laugh, he didn't want to, he didn't mean to, but it came from him before he could stop it. "I thought you liked it when I talked."

"I do honey, I love the sound of your voice, but I love the feel of you slamming into me and the way you make me feel so close to coming all the time better, so fuck now, talk later..."

Moving her leg down to his waist, he lowered him down and began to give her what she wanted, "okay honey, lets fuck!" It didn't take him long to find he agreed with her, it was just better to shut up and fuck.

Reni came out of the bathroom and leaned against the door frame. "Well?"

Looking at her, Devlin let out a long wolf whistle. "Talk about filling out a suit, damn honey that is hot..." He had to admit her figure wasn't the type for a bikini or some of the suits gals wore these days which amounted to little more than strategically placed cloth but Reni wore the one piece well. The color matched her eyes, and it showed off her bust and long legs to their best advantage. She had a sarong type skirt tied around her waist and it's mixture of colors contrasted with the suit. "Should I hire a bodyguard to keep an eye on you while I'm gone?"

"I could wait until you come back..."

"No, you go lounge by the pool and swim your little heart out, I will make this as fast as I can." He would take care of business at the garage, swing by the store the clerk had told him about and be back in time to grab an hour or two of sleep before they had to start getting ready for their night out. Walking up to her, he drew her close and kissed her softly. "Just be sure to tell anyone who might want to poach that you are very firmly involved and that I don't take kindly to poachers..."

She looked at him and ran her fingers softly over his face. "I love you Dev, I never knew it could happen so fast, but I will never regret it."

He swallowed hard, "neither will I darlin', neither will I."

The manager of the garage looked at him and frowned. "Sorry I got such bad news for you Mr. Morris. But it's going to mean a complete brake replacement on the trailer and on the cab. I had a hard time just getting the drums off to show you, they were almost welded to the brakes."

Devlin nodded. "Could it have been a defect in the brakes?"

"No sir, those brake pads were worn out. Now, no offense, but I'm surprised you didn't notice it sooner."

"No offense taken, I guess I've had my mind on other things lately. Okay, replace them all, I've got another truck coming in to off load the trailer, and I'll have my office send you an approval on the work and parts." And see who had been the last one to work on his truck, when he found out; a pink slip would be in the mechanic's next pay check.

Walking back to the rental car, he flipped open his cell and hit his office number. Noreen, his long time secretary answered the private line on the first ring. "Hey Boss, how it's going, I hear you got yourself a fiancée on this run." Her voice was cheerful as usual.

"Word travels faster than my truck does. Noreen, I need you to have Harvey pull up the work orders for my truck..." He paused. "No, make that for all the trucks in the last six months. If any of the trucks were done by the same person as mine, put out a recall on them, have them take theirs to the nearest shop and have them checked. And get ready to print up one if not more pink slips; I don't pay the wages I do for shoddy and life threatening work."

"Dev, what happened?" Noreen had been with him a long time; she had earned the right to call him by his first name.

"Let's just say it's a good thing I haven't lost my touch when it comes to driving, otherwise I wouldn't be making this call...And I'm having a work order for parts and labor faxed to you from Kellogg's Truck Repair here in San Bernardino, tell Sam I said to approve it A.S.A.P., and transfer me over to dispatch, I need an truck and empty trailer to come off load that Intel order and get it up to Seattle, we're going to be late, but you know how to smooth it over with those big boys."

"Will do boss...and Dev, take care coming back okay, I like my job, and I'm too old to go looking for another one."

"Thanks Noreen, I miss you too."

Dispatch was busy and he kept it short and sweet. They had a truck just down the road in San Diego, and they would send it up as soon as its trailer was unloaded. "Works out good Mr. Devlin, we hadn't found him another load out yet, so we won't upset any customers."

"That's how I like it Mike, keep the drivers happy and don't upset any customers." He found a reason to grin.

"Yes sir, and Mr. Morris, I just want to say congratulations."

"Does anyone up there not know I have a fiancée now?"

Mike laughed, "Maybe someone who doesn't work for us, I got the word yesterday."

When he went to call Reni to tell him that he would be back soon, it dawned on him that he didn't have her cell number. He felt like slapping himself upside the head. How could he have been so stupid, but then he hadn't really thought that they would be separated like this until they got to Portland, he would have gotten it then for sure.

He found her easily at the pool. She was the one surrounded by at least five guys who had the look of drivers. Since this motel catered to truckers, it was no surprise, but he found he wasn't thrill to find his fiancée surrounded by other men, and it was even less appealing to see her laughing and having as much as she was without him. He had never felt jealousy about any other woman he had been with.

"Dev...!" She came running as soon as she saw him walking toward her. Throwing her arms around him, he put his around her and bent his head to claim her mouth in a savage kiss.

"Hmm, next time I hire a bodyguard."

Drawing back her head, she looked into his eyes, and he knew what she was seeing. Hers sparkled with amusement, "relax love, they're just old friends. They saw me and came over to say hi, come meet them..." She took his hand and he followed her to the group of men. "Guys, this is Dev, and be nice to him."

The oldest of them looked Dev up and down and nodded. "Leave it to you Reni, you have half the truckers in the country in love with you, and you end up with the boss of DM Trucking." He held out his hand, "Norm Hanson, work for one of your competitors, but I met this little girl about two years ago, and I admit I been wondering what became of her. Nice to see she did okay."

Reni watched as the others introduced themselves and a flash of good memories passed through her head as they did. These were good men, the ones who worked hard and sacrificed a lot to keep America moving. The only one she had her doubts about was Sasha. He wasn't looking as happy for her as the rest and she knew why. He hadn't wanted her to leave when they reached the end of his run, he had been her one experience into the world of sex, and he had admitted to her that he had never met anyone like her before. But he had never said he loved her. She saw him look at her with pain in his eyes, and sighed.

"Well, I am going for a swim." She was feeling the heat of seeing Devlin and she wanted to cool off before she was tempted to drag him off to their room. She had been hungry for him on the road, but knowing that they would have more time off was wonderful. Diving in, she swam the length of the pool and back again five times before heading to the side of the pool. When she did, she saw Dev was watching her, a smile on his lips.

"Where did you meet him Reni?" Sasha's voice diverted her attention.

"Albuquerque. He's a good man Sasha."

"And rich..." His tone was less than friendly. "I never took you for a lot lizard Reni, selling your body for a ride."

"It's not like that Sasha...I never..." She was both stunned and hurt by his words.

"The hell it's not, would you have stayed with me longer if I had given you money? All you had to do was say the word; I would have paid for a lifetime with you..." He was too close to her, reaching for her and Reni pushed at his chest as his arms wrapped around her waist.

"Sasha, let me go, please, let me go..."

She never saw Dev dive into the water or the others jump in as well. All she felt was strong arms pulling her from Sasha's grip and saw that suddenly Dev was there, and he was swinging on Sasha. Then she heard his voice, "Get her out of here Norm, I don't want her to see me kill this son of a bitch..."

Norm pulled her back to the pool's steps. "Never saw a man get so angry so fast, are you okay Reni, he didn't hurt you did he, because if he did, I'll leave you and go help him drown the bastard."

She shook her head. "But go help pull him off Sasha, please Norm. He's not worth the trouble this is going to cause."

There was trouble, when the police arrived she knew it. Sasha had threatened to press charges the minute he was out of the pool, and Dev had told him to go ahead. In the end they both ended up going to the police station in cuffs and the back of the police car. To make it worse, the manager of the motel had told her once they were gone that her and Dev had to leave the motel.

"This is a family motel; we don't need this kind of trouble."

Norm came back to the room with her and she appreciated his help as she packed their bags and called Jack and his wife to see if they had any ideas where they could go and to tell them what had happened. Norm suggested too that she do what Dev had told her and call his office. The number was speed dialed and an older sounding woman answered on the first ring.

"Yeah boss man...?"

Reni was feeling the after affects of what happened at the pool, and in the end it was Norm who explained what had happened to the woman. After he hung up, he held her in that fatherly way he had and let her cry until there was nothing left.

He stayed with her until Jack arrived, and helped load the bags into the back of his SUV. "We'll stop by the police station first, and then you're coming to our house. Annie would have come with me, but she was getting a place for you to settle in and sent me by myself."

"I'm sorry to be a bother Jack, but I didn't know what else to do."

He smiled as he shut the passenger door. "Hey, I like you two. And I am more than glad to help people I like. I think if the situation was reversed, you and Devlin would do the same thing."

Reni knew they would. Dev had liked Jack and his wife too, he had already talked to her about getting together with them for dinner one evening before they left town.

12