A Royal Sacrifice Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Rebecca smiled, rose from the floor and looked to Muriel. "The bath is already prepared. I heard that the Queen was approaching, so I ordered the water heated. It was delivered, just a few moments ago."

Muriel nodded her head. "Evelyn, if you'll follow Rebecca to the bathing chamber I will ready your attire for the evening."

Evelyn followed her handmaiden. Her hazel orbs drank in every feature of the room. The thick tapestries that hugged the wall, the well crafted furnishings that rested comfortably on the hard floor where her worn and tattered shoes softly padded. A door was opened and into a hall Evelyn went. Her gaze shifted from each side, drinking in various paintings of the countryside. "These are beautiful. Who painted them?" she asked, reaching out to touch the smooth surface of one particular picture resembling the river that meandered through Vix.

"Muriel told me it was your mother, Queen Evette." Another door opened and Rebecca waited for Evelyn to enter before closing it. "If you'll take that dress off, ma'am. . . I mean, Evelyn, I will dispose of it. The water is still hot and I sprinkled it with Honeysuckle oil."

Evelyn chuckled, but quickly pulled her dress over her head and let it fall to the floor. Her shoes followed as did her stockings and her pantaloons. "It smells delightful," she whispered as she stepped into the rolling mist of steam. She gasped at the heat and then slowly sank to the depths of the large tub.

~ ~ ~ * ~ ~ ~

Before the sun set on Vix, Evelyn was pronounced Queen and she wore a crown of jewels, held a scepter in one hand an orb in the other. She'd been led from her rooms wearing a gown of silk, satin, lace and pearls. Her hair had been piled high, dozens of curls had been pulled from their confinement and allowed to drape across her pale shoulders. The people of Vix, those that could gather on such short notice, shouted to the Heavens as their Bishop placed the crown on Evelyn's head and deemed her the reigning sovereign.

Evelyn's eyes held those of Cedric and though he was far from the front of the more notable of her people, it was his strength and their friendship that gave her courage to remain calm. Out of the corner of her eye a figure moved into view and she glanced away from Cedric. Her face paled as she made out the features of Bagdemagus. A chill ran up her spine as his lips rose in a sneer and one of his hands moved up to offer her a silent salute. The tales told of the Wizard, never seen yet somehow known to her in her dreams, suddenly returned to Evelyn, and she felt her skin grow cold as his gaze lingered on her slim figure.

Another shiver followed the first and she turned away to try and regain her composure. When she turned back, Bagdemagus was gone, but the stories of his terrific deeds and his evil ways still hovered in her mind.

Author's Note:

This is Chapter One to a new Chain Story that I hope you all enjoy. There are many talented writers that will be joining in this chain, some recognizable from the Laresa's World Series. I have found the chain story category here at Lit very enjoyable and look forward to Evelyn's story unfolding as well as others that may occur. A special thanks to DanielleKitten and slyc_willie for reading through and editing/suggesting changes for my chapter. It is a short chapter, but as they say. . .it is only the beginning. Please vote if you feel inclined. Comments are very welcomed. ~ Thank you, Red.

12