A Second Chance

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Slirpuff
Slirpuff
4,302 Followers

"What for? I tried calling you, but you never returned my calls."

"I was just trying to pay you back for when you wouldn't take my calls," was her reply.

"Sandy, it looks like you've moved on, so I don't see much point in hashing out who was wrong, who was right and who got hurt the most, it doesn't really matter anymore."

"So you just want to call it quits? Is that what you're telling me Steve?" Surprisingly she didn't sound too happy at this notion

"Well it looks like you and pretty boy are pretty tight, so I guess yes that's what I'm saying," I finally told her getting it out in the open.

"What the hell are you talking about? I'm not doing anything with Carl; I just work with him. I didn't ask him or you to put on that macho display back at the club. I guess he was just trying to protect me. Look if you want to end it that's one thing, but don't use me or Carl as an excuse," she told me.

"Sandy, so much has happened and I'm not sure," I started to say when she stopped me.

"Listen, I still love you and I think you still love me. We've hit a bit of a rough patch, oh hell, our damn relationship is on life support but it's not dead yet. If you want to try again I'm willing, but no more games and no dating. But if you want to chuck it, well then I'll send you your ring back and we can go our separate ways. It's your choice now, but I'm not going to sit around forever waiting for you to make your damn mind up. So, it's an easy question, yes we owe ourselves a second chance or no, you want to end it."

"Yes," I told her before she'd even finished.

"What? What did you say?"

"I said yes. Yes I still love you and yes I'm willing to give it another shot," I told her as I became surer of my answer.

"I thought you might say that, where in the hell are you anyway?" she asked.

"I just left my apartment and was going out to get a bite to eat."

"Well, Steve, I'm standing in front of your apartment door as we speak and slowly starting to undress. I hope you get here before I get totally naked because that cute guy in 4B keeps giving me the eye."

The land speed record was broken this time. We spent Friday night getting reacquainted and Saturday moving her stuff back into my, our, apartment. We did set a wedding date this time; I wasn't taking any chances of her changing her mind this time.

Will we make it this time? I think so, because we both finally figured out that childish games don't work, what lines can't be crossed and most of all, to leave our egos at the door.

Slirpuff
Slirpuff
4,302 Followers