A Starring Role

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"So what happens now?" I asked as I put a robe on to go and prepare our evening meal.

"We start shooting on the new film in three weeks, so until then I'm free as a bird. What do you think we should do?"

"Apart from the obvious, we could always have a vacation."

"I think we should go one better than that."

"What do you have in mind?"

"How do you feel about a honeymoon?"

I launched myself at him, shedding my robe as I went. We didn't eat food until breakfast.

By the time that we returned from Barbados there were rumours around that we had secretly wed on the island. We had to have witnesses and you can't keep everyone quiet. This meant that the paparazzi were milling around trying to get shots of us as we walked from the arrivals hall at LAX. Rob made no secret of the fact that he had a gold band on the ring finger of his left hand. "Madeline, can we see your ring?" I held up my hand, the gold band gleaming, along with a large diamond engagement ring, on my finger.

"When did you decide to get married?"

"We've been thinking about it for some time." Rob said. "But my schedules didn't allow it until a couple of weeks ago. We've known since we first met that the day was going to happen, it was just a matter of when."

"What does the studio think of this, you being distracted so close to the start of shooting of your next film?"

"I'm no more distracted than I was before, after all Madeline has lived with me for months now and it was never a problem, in fact, if you ask Michael, the Producer of that film, it improved my performance, so I don't see that this will change anything."

"Madeline, there have been rumours that you're going to star in Rob's next movie, is this true?"

"No, I have no ambition to become an actress, my role at the present is to support Rob to the best of my abilities, and it's a role that I take very seriously."

"Madeline is the best thing that ever happened to me, I wouldn't be where I am today if it wasn't for her." Rob told them.

"Where did you two meet?"

"I knew her from school and I needed someone to accompany me to a premiere, and I thought of her. We hit it off and have been together ever since."

"So, Madeline, how does it feel to be caught up in the spotlight?"

"It's not something that I could ever get used to, and I don't want to get used to it, it is not my world. I'm a shy person, and I could never have the confidence necessary to become a star."

We managed to work our way out of the terminal to where a limo was waiting for us. That was when I was confronted by the sordid side of the industry. Sol Levis, Rob's agent was waiting for us in the limo. "What the fuck do you mean by running off and getting married to this little bimbo?"

"I didn't run off to marry this bimbo as you put it. We went on vacation and decided that we should get married. It was a 'we' decision, I wasn't forced into it, Madeline wasn't the one to suggest it, I was the first to bring up the subject of marriage because I wanted to marry her."

"And you didn't think to mention it to me, and that would be why?"

"Because I knew that you would try to talk me out of it."

"Yes, and that would be why?"

"Because you don't think that it will help my career, and that my fan base of young girls will desert me for someone else."

"That's right, by marrying, you are telling them that they can no longer dream of being yours. You have shattered that dream."

"And my dreams mean nothing to you, is that it?"

"Don't get me wrong, I want to do what's best for you, and what's best isn't for you to go off and marry Madeline."

"I'll be the judge of that."

I said nothing but could see where this was heading. Sol would be applying pressure on Rob to cut his ties with me, and while Rob was standing up to him now, it would only be a matter of time before Sol wore him down. If that was the case then I could see it getting very messy, especially when Mother became involved.

"I don't know what to do." I said to Mother. "I know that Rob loves me, and that he wouldn't knowingly do anything to hurt me, but I can see that this is going to get out of hand. I'm certain that Sol is feeding stories about his on set relationship with Rebecca to the media, and that she is being coached as to what to say, and not say, so that she fuels the rumours. What can I do?"

"Just sit tight, don't do or say anything, just be yourself with Rob as if nothing has happened, or is happening, and leave the rest up to me."

"What are you going to do?"

"I think its best that you don't know about it at this stage, but when the time comes you will know all about it, and it will make you happy."

Life at home with Rob was going just great. He was loving and attentive, and we discussed the latest rumours that appeared in the mags, in fact we laughed at how ridiculous they were.

'Is RobMad dead? Screamed the gossip mag headline. 'The marriage between Rob Stone and Madeline Donovan appears to be heading for the rocks as his relationship with co-star Rebecca Thornton gains momentum. Insiders have spilled the beans on some raunchy goings on on the set of their new film. 'It is obvious that they are very much in love.' One fellow cast member is quoted as telling People Magazine. 'They can't stop kissing each other when they think that no-one is looking.' Studio Exec's have tried to play down the rumours saying that it is just the professional chemistry between two talented artistes, something that is necessary for the credibility of any film of the RomCom genre. They refused to confirm or deny that the two of them shared accommodation while recently on location.' This story was accompanied by photos to back it up. What wasn't revealed that these were publicity stills for the movie.

'Lonely Madeline turns to food to get over wayward husband.' Screamed the headline in another Mag. 'Madeline Donovan was spotted stocking up on 'comfort food; at her local supermarket yesterday. Cashier Cindi Hart, a 'some time actor' herself, told this Reporter that 'it is sad how she is letting herself go. A couple of months ago she would never have been seen dead dressed the way she is now, I mean nothing matches and, as for her makeup, all I can say is that she can't have looked in a mirror when she applied it.' This was accompanied by an airbrush image that showed that I was letting myself go.

'Madeline stacks it on!' Was the next one. 'Madeline Donovan has obviously been chowing down on burgers and fries if her new body is anything to go on. Close friend, Nancy Branch has been quoted in social media as saying that she is worried for her friend's health, and that the strain of her deteriorating marriage is weighing her down to the point where she should seek medical help.

There were few people that knew the real reason for my weight gain, and one of them wasn't my 'close friend' Nancy Branch, who I have never heard of. Rob had to know of course, how could I conceal my pregnancy from my husband, he is as happy with the news as I was. My mother, she had to be told and she was happy for us. "This will increase your payout when this hits the courts."

"But I'm not interested in the money."

"Listen to me girl, you had better get interested in it because your payout, no matter how big it is, will never keep you for the rest of your life."

"But it will keep me long enough for me to get qualifications like you that I can use to support myself."

"Good girl, but don't mention you aspirations to anyone, is that understood?"

"Not even to Rob?"

"Especially not to him."

The only other person who knew was my Doctor, a friend of Mother's who was sworn to secrecy above and beyond professional ethics.

Sol had obtained a new part for Rob and he was busy in pre-production rehearsing and preparing for shooting. He was also required by Amity to re-shoot some scenes and redub some dialogue for the previous film. Sol, being Sol, had also, now that she was a client, managed to get Rebecca the female lead role in this film.

'Star insists on lover getting starring role in new film.' Appeared on the front cover of one of the gossip Mags. 'Industry insiders have confirmed that Rod Stone has refused to take the role of troubled Detective Matt Ford in the upcoming flick 'Force One' unless the female lead went to Rebecca Thornton, his co-star in a previous film. The Producers have stated that Rob was necessary for the success of this project, and that they were happy to oblige him.

"God, I thought that when I'd finished that film this bullshit would go away. The Premiere is in a couple of months and I want you, both of you, there with me when I walk the red carpet." I was reading the Mag and he was running his hands over my belly as he spoke. "Hey, he kicked me!"

"How do you know it's a 'he'?"

"Anyone that could kick like that has to be a boy."

"You should speak to Mother and she'll tell you that I kicked the hell out of her for months before I was born."

"I think that I'll have to do something about this crap." He pointed to the article that I was reading. "It just keeps getting worse, if I didn't know better I'd almost think that Sol is behind all of this. He has employed a new Publicist who doesn't seem to have a moral fibre in her entire body."

"We need to talk to Mother."

"What can she do?"

"Plenty, are you working tomorrow?"

"No, why?"

"I'll call her and see if she can fit us in."

She could, but it didn't start well and I thought that Rob was about to walk out, but then Mother managed to calm him down.

"We couldn't tell you about the contracts that Madeline had with Amity or with Sol. Amity wanted to cast her as your co-star in your last film for them, but she didn't want to take the role because she didn't want the added pressure of the studio publicity mill taking over her life. We, at least I, drew up a contract that was to run for that film only, and it was to pay her for looking after you, for helping you to realise your full potential as an actor. The studio was more than satisfied with the arrangement and continued it on to your next film. That contract has expired as you no longer work for them, but I've spoken to them and if they cast you in future films the contract will be re-negotiated and a higher fee paid. They have realised that she is important to you and your future."

"As for the publicity that went with your recent film, that was the work of Sol. He reasoned that any publicity, even negative, especially negative, would lift you profile and that you'd attract higher earnings, even a percentage of the gross. Now, if you earn more, he earns more, the same goes for Rebecca who is also in his stable of actors. An affair between the two of you sells magazines and increases your media exposure, and that leads to better roles and more money, at least that's his reasoning."

"It seems to be working, I'm being paid more for this role that I got from Amity."

"What Sol seems to have forgotten is that he has signed a contract with Madeline as well and, under the terms of that contract, if he does anything that can jeopardise your relationship with Madeline, he is liable for a very large amount of money. I think that it's time to throw some shit at the fan."

"How can you prove that he is behind this?"

"I have my ways. Before Madeline was born I was in a similar situation to where she is. I got screwed big time by one of the stars who I was 'seeing' at the time. I had even married him but that didn't stop him playing around, so I decided that it would never happen to me again. Part of my defence mechanism was to have contacts in the industry that I could call on for information should I need it. I have been gathering evidence in case we needed it and Sol is in for a rude awakening, believe me."

"Darling." Rob said to me.

"Yes?"

"You should have told me about this, I would have paid you to look after me myself, and probably a lot more than the studio did."

"I wouldn't have taken your money, call it a labour of love." I kissed him.

"Stop it you two."

"No!" Rob and I told her. She smiled and made some notes on her pad. She waited for us to cool down. If she'd had a sofa in her office we would have used it.

"Now timing is everything, I'm going to take out an injunction preventing Sol or any of his employees from leaking any gossip concerning the two of you to the media. I am also going to file a suit for pain and suffering caused to the two of you by the already released gossip. I am going to need the both of you to be available to give evidence of your undying love to the court, and you Rob to deny any sexual involvement with Rebecca Thornton, will you be able to do that under oath?"

"Yes, that will not be a problem." He was holding my hand so hard it almost hurt.

"Okay, you two continue to do what you normally do and remember, no social media at all and if either of you are asked any questions you can refer them to me, of course I will be as evasive as possible and not give anything away. Now get out and leave me to do what I do best."

Rob and I went home, driven in my mother's people mover with darkened windows so no-one could see us. It drove into our garage and let us out, we closed the doors before walking into the house. The driver, Matt, an out of work actor, came in with us and we sat drinking coffee and talking for about half an hour before he left us alone. He was good, we probed him about Mother but he disclosed nothing other than to say that she was the best boss he'd ever had. He knew nothing about her connection with the movie industry and she only used him for business outside the industry. We thought that he knew more than he was letting on, but could prove nothing.

The rest of the afternoon was spent in bed exploring ways of making love around my expanding belly. We would soon have to release the news of our impending addition to the family. "I think that we should tell the world on the red carpet." Rob said to me as he cuddled me after a particularly strong orgasm. I had read somewhere that a woman's libido increased during pregnancy, and I'd have to agree with that. I was horny as hell.

"I'll discuss it with Mother and see how it fits in with her time-line." I rang her and she agreed that it would be a good time. "Perfect in fact." Were her exact words.

'Force One' was to begin shooting the week after the Premiere, in a week's time. I was now eight months and had the most amazing maternity dress made for me by LaCroix, it had flowing skirts from a high waist with a revealing top that highlighted my expanding breasts, It was obviously a maternity dress and not one to cover my alleged obesity.

The flashes were non-stop as were the questions. "Madeline how pregnant are you?"

"As pregnant as it gets. If you want to know when the baby will be born, I can tell you that I am eight months pregnant and the baby will be born in a month. Now, to save you using your fingers, I was not pregnant when we got married, but it very likely happened when we were on our honeymoon."

"What did you think when you read about Rob's affair with Rebecca?"

"You mean his alleged affair? I didn't believe those rumours, there was no affair."

"Can you be sure?"

"Yes." I hugged Rob and kissed him. "I know my man and I know that he never had an affair."

"But the pictures suggest otherwise."

"When you see this movie you will recognise those photos, they were publicity stills leaked to the media in an effort to beat up rumours and gain publicity for the movie. You will hear more about this in the future."

"What do you mean by that statement?"

"You will see soon enough, I can't say any more at this time."

Rebecca came along the carpet and obligatory photos were taken. It was obvious from his demeanour that Rob was uncomfortable about this, but not as uncomfortable as Rebecca when the vultures began to question her about the affair.

"Rebecca, were you having an affair with Rob during the filming?"

"Rob and I got on very well together, the on-screen chemistry was there."

"We're not talking about what happened on set, what about off the set, were you having an affair."

"I don't want to talk about it."

"You were ready enough to talk about it when it was supposed to be happening, why aren't you prepared to talk about it now? Was it a beat up?

"No comment." They weren't about to let her go on that, so Rob and I left her to it and walked into the cinema to the applause of the crowd. Rob held my hand for the entire duration of the movie. It was sweet, almost as if we were young kids again on our first date.

'RobMad alive and kicking!' News of the impending court action took precedence over news of the Premiere and my obvious pregnancy. The media frenzy had nothing on Sol's visit to his Lawyer.

"You have been stitched up very tightly my friend, on my first, and I admit brief, look at this, whoever drew this up knew what he or she was doing. On that basis I would suggest that you forget about fighting this and pay up."

"But that will cost me a fortune, I don't have that kind of money."

"I would have suggested that you liquidate as much of your assets as you could and hide the money, I know of an obliging bank on the Cayman Islands that would take care of it for you. But you're too late for that, along with the suit claiming damages because of your libellous media releases telling the world he was having a non-existent affair, she has lodged an application to freeze all of your assets pending the outcome of proceedings. The only way that you can access your bank accounts is to win, and your chances of that are slim indeed. My advice to you is to face the fact that she's got you by the balls and make her an offer to pay."

"So you think that if I offer to pay her ridiculous claim she'll free my assets?"

"I didn't say that, and I doubt if she'd fall for that, but make her an offer, it doesn't have to be for the full amount, although under the terms of the contract that you, yourself, signed, she hasn't asked for a cent more apart from legal costs. Fighting it will cost a lot more than not fighting it."

"So I'm screwed, is that what you're telling me?"

"Yes, that sums up the situation nicely."

"But she tricked me into signing that contract, can't we use that?"

"How did she trick you, did she hold a gun to your head?"

"No, she gave me the contract and told me where to sign."

"And you chose not to read it before you signed?"

"Yes. Wait a minute, it wasn't her that gave me the contract, it was the studio's legal rep, he gave me the contract after he'd signed his section, and it was him that indicated where I should sign. It was his fault, we can sue the studio, can't we?"

"No, to do that you would have to prove that he had read your section of the contract document and ensured himself that it was the same as theirs, difficult to prove, and that he was in collusion with her to trick you into signing it, again difficult to prove."

"So that's it then?"

"I'm afraid so."

"Now I'm going to have to tell my staff that they will not receive their salaries until this is over. I'm a dead man. I think that I should get a second opinion."

"By all means spend more money confirming what I have already told you."

His mood was little improved by his conference with another Lawyer. "This contract is unbreakable, it prohibits you, under pain of substantial penalty, from engaging in any actions that would prove detrimental to the relationship between the parties, between Robert Durant Stone and Madeline Louise Donovan. By releasing information to the media of an affair between said Robert Durant Stone and Rebecca Thornton, you have placed that relationship in jeopardy. That this said affair, as alleged by the information that you released, did not happen, is further damaging to your defence. The only redeeming feature of this whole sorry saga is that the marriage of Rob Stone and Madeline Donovan appears to have survived despite your best efforts. That fact would seem to act in your favour, however, having said that, if you get the wrong judge he will totally ignore that, and it would, in all probability act against you when judgement is handed down. My next question is, are you prepared to take that chance?"