A Strange Invitation Ch. 03

Story Info
From the warmth of the bath, she takes him in the firelight.
5.8k words
4.67
7.4k
0

Part 3 of the 3 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 10/03/2011
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The water in the tub begins to cool as he rinses the shampoo from her hair. His fingers are deft and gentle as he massages her scalp through her long brown hair. His breath is warm and soothing on her neck as he whispers in her ear.

"We should get out before we undue all your warming up," he murmurs.

"Mmmmmmm," is the soft reply that vibrates in her chest as she leans contentedly back against him, her hands gently squeezing his thighs.

He kisses her neck tenderly, just below her ear, and his hands on her shoulders are soft a he leans her forward so he can stand. As he climbs out of the tub he lays her head back onto the soft pillow, and smiles down into her eyes.

His face flushes slightly as her eyes break from his, her gaze traveling slowly down over his body. Her eyes are soft, and she grins when her they fall on his soaking wet boxers, covered in hundreds of tiny yellow smiley faces.

She feels a stirring between her thighs as she focuses on wet cloth clinging below his waist. The bulge outlined in the dripping material sends a shiver of pleasure down her spine, as she closes her eyes and imagines what lies beneath the soaking cotton.

Her lids flutter open again to catch a glimpse of his firm ass as it disappears behind a white towel. He fastens the towel around his waist and turns around to smile warmly at her.

"Enjoying the show?" he asks playfully. His eyes travel downward over her body and he winks when they reach her hard nipples. She blushes scarlet to the roots of her brown hair and bites her lower lip as he grins in appreciation. "We really need to get you dried off," he says softly, his tone shifting from playful to tender.

She knows his defense when nervous and uncertain is to make jokes. Her chest tightens as it sinks in that he switched from playful joking to sincerely caring in the space of a heartbeat. Part of him might be nervous, but that part is squashed by the strength of his feelings for her.

His fingers are warm as he takes her hand and helps her to step out of the bath. He wraps her in another of the soft white towels, and begins to slowly and gently dry her body. To her annoyance he is careful to keep his touch away from her most tender places and he finishes by winding the towel carefully around her. He grabs a brush from the vanity and starts to carefully pull it through her hair.

Why in the hell would a man with a shaved head have a brush she thinks suddenly, and then blushes when she sees the tag on the handle? He wouldn't have a brush she realizes. She knows in that instant that he bought this brush recently hoping that she would be standing in this very room to use it. The tender feelings in her chest threaten to overwhelm her, and she reaches to take the brush from his fingers.

"Let me," she says softly, hoping her voice does not give her feelings away. "Why don't you get us something to drink." His face in the mirror smiles over her shoulder, and he winks as he turns to walk from the room. She sets the brush on the counter as he walks out the door, and a single tear slides down her cheek.

'What is wrong with you woman?' she yells in her head. 'You're tearing up over a brush.' The problem is that no matter how she scolds herself, the purity of his simple act of caring binds her heart tightly in her chest. She reaches for the brush and with each stroke of the brush through her hair, the warmth in her heart grows.

She takes a towel from a nearby hook to dry her eyes and walks slowly toward the inviting orange glow in the doorway. She stands in the doorway, and her breath catches in her throat as her eyes sweep the room. The gas fireplace in the wall is burning softly. The orange light casting a warm glow around the room. As her eyes adjust to the light, she glances around but does not see him anywhere as she searches for her clothes. Her heart lurches and she leans against the doorframe as her knees weaken when her gazes stops at the foot of his bed.

Set lovingly on the foot of the bed is a white box. The ribbon binding the box is deepest red, and atop the package lays a single red rose. Her steps are slow as she walks to the bed, as if she is floating through a dream. She notices a card under the rose, as she draws the flower to her nose and breathes in deeply. The scent pulls her mind back to that soft blanket in her house, where he painted her skin like a canvas with whisper soft petals.

She sets the rose on the bed next to the box and picks up the card slowly. Opening the envelope she slides out a single snow white card. She recognizes his strong hand in the black ink.

'I saw this and knew that it would be absolutely perfect on you. I hope you like it.' The note is signed simply 'S'.

She lowers the card to drop onto the bed next to the rose, and her hands tremble as she lifts the lid of the box to reveal pure white tissue paper. Folding back the tissue she gasps softly at the splash of lavender silk on the field of white. Delicate cream lace trims the pale purple and she smiles as she lifts the panties lovingly from the box. The touch of the silk is as smooth as a lovers kiss when she runs the material between her fingers. A card lay on the white tissue beneath the panties, and says simply. 'You're not done yet'.

She bends carefully in the towel and slips the panties over her feet. As she draws them slowly up her legs, the lace and silk gliding over her skin makes her shiver with pleasure as she wiggles her hips gently to settle the delicate material into place. She folds back another layer of tissue to reveal more lavender silk.

She reaches into the box carefully to lift out a beautiful nightgown. Cream lace trims the edges, and she lowers the material carefully back into the box. She unfastens her towel and it slides down to pool on the floor around her feet.

Carefully lifting the silk from the box she lowers it over her head. The straps settle softly on her shoulders as the silk cascades down over her body. Her head is swimming with the sensations of the soft kiss of silk as it drapes her body, the hem stopping just above her knees. As she turns to look in the mirror, the soft material slides over her skin, light as air.

She squeaks in surprise as she notices the doorway reflected in the mirror and finds him standing there smiling. His bare toes curl into the carpet below black fleece pants that melt into the dark of the hallway behind him. The cream colored tee shirt he is wearing reflects the soft light of the fireplace. The shadows the flickering light cast over him cannot hide the pure smile of wonder that graces his face and lights his eyes. His voice is soft and hoarse as he speaks.

"My god you are beautiful," he says quietly as he turns to set two steaming china mugs on top of the dresser by the door. His step into the room is tentative, as if he thinks this dream vision might shimmer and disappear.

She does not quite know why she blushes and looks down as his eyes glide over her body. His approach is silent and his strong fingers are gentle as they touch her chin, lifting her face tenderly until their eyes meet. Her heart cries out as he draws her into those blue-green depths. The affection in his eyes is exposed and unmasked as it wraps around her like a warm blanket.

She steps toward him without thinking, his arms drawing her to him. He smells faintly of soap, and the material of his shirt is soft on her cheek as he holds her close. She can hear his heart beating strong and slow in his chest as he holds her tightly to him. His kiss on the top of her head is soft and sweet as he murmurs something she cannot hear into her hair.

She moves reluctantly from his embrace to look into eyes that stare into the distance over the top of her head. This time it is her gentle fingers on his chin that guide his eyes to hers.

"What," she breathes softly, fearing the sound of her voice in the quiet room.

A tear wells in the corner of his eyes as his voice comes to her soft and tentative. "I have never seen anything so beautiful." She looks into his eyes as she rises onto her toes to brush his lips softly with hers.

"Thank you," she whispers into the dark.

He blinks twice to clear his eyes, and turns to reach for the box on the bed. Folding back another layer of tissue, he draws out a long robe. Stepping behind her, he slips the robe onto her shoulders, the material brushing the back of her ankles as he reaches around to carefully tie the cream colored belt.

He moves in front of her, taking her fingers in his, and raises her hand to his lips to kiss the back softly. "Perfect," he murmurs over her hand with a soft smile. Lowering her hand he leads her to sit on the soft rug in front of the fire. She lowers herself down, curling her legs beside her, as he retreats to the dresser.

Hi step is careful as he walks across the room carrying the china mugs and sits down next to her.

"Careful, it's hot," he says smiling as he hands one to her.

She raises the mug to her lips and breathes in the chocolate scent with closed eyes. Raising the cup carefully to her lips for a tentative sip, she lowers it smiling. Hot cocoa was not the drink she expected when she sent him from the bathroom, but like everything about him. What you get is never quite what you expect.

His voice as they talk is quiet and reserved. She feels herself relax as the warmth of the cocoa and the fire fill her. The silk is soft against her skin, and the flush of her cheeks is not because of their nearness to the fire, but rather the embers of the feelings for him that smolder in her heart. Looking up into his eyes, she sees a spark there that mirrors her own, and a part of her draws back afraid.

He grins at her as his mind struggles to find the right words to express what is coursing through him. Her nearness is intoxicating. He smiles despite himself, and then laughs in his head as he realizes that he just cannot help but smile when she is around.

She is a light in his life that raises him up no matter his mood. She is a refuge of happiness and comfort in a world of darkness and turmoil. Her easy smile and warm heart are a rare gift, and one he dares hope deep in his heart, that she will continue to share with him. He relaxes and listens to her. The contentment on his face mirrors the smile in his heart. He marvels that she would share this wonderful part of herself with him, even as the tiny voice in the back of his head asks in a soft voice, 'Why me?'

...............

The warmth of the fire and her cocoa have worked their magic. The cold rain of the park are a distant memory, as she raises the mug to her lips letting the chocolate scent fill her nose. She glances out of the corner of her eye to catch a glimpse of him in the firelight.

He sits next to her on the soft rug, his legs stretched out toward the fire as he leans back against the front of the overstuffed leather chair. His eyes are looking into the flames and his expression is peaceful and calm. The shifting light from the fire plays across his face and she smiles in response as she hears him sigh contentedly.

"What?", she whispers over the rim of her mug.

"Just thinking," he replies quietly, reaching to set his mug on the table before settling back against the chair. He pulls his eyes from the fire to drink in the beauty of her and sighs again.

"What?" She murmurs playfully, as a bit of color floods her cheeks.

"I knew that would be perfect on you." He replies smiling. "You look like some angel from my dreams." He continues as his face softens, his voice dropping to a barely audible whisper. "I was thinking that this is almost perfect."

She cocks her head to the side, and arches an eyebrow, "Almost huh?"

A corner of his mouth twitches as he bites back a smile. He reaches out and takes her china mug, setting it carefully on the table next to his. He caresses her hand as he draws her toward him. She scoots closer until her left shoulder rests against his chest and her head tucks in neatly under his chin. His arm circles around her protectively, and she can hear his voice vibrate in his chest.

"Now it's perfect." He whispers softly into her hair as his hand gently squeezes her upper arm.

Her ear is pressed to his chest and she can hear his heart beating strong and slow, as his arms continues to enfold her protectively. Now it is her turn to sigh as she allows her body to melt against his, slipping her arm behind his back and snuggling closer.

"Yes it is," she whispers dreamily as she closes her eyes. Her mind slowly clears of the worries and stresses of the day as she focuses on his heartbeat, the rhythmic sound soothing her body and soul. She floats carefree over an ocean of contentment. His breathing is soft and even as his hand caresses her upper arm, and he occasionally kisses the top of her head.

She raises her hand up to place it softly next to where her cheek is pressed into right side of his muscular chest. Almost as if her hand is some separate creature not a part of her, she watches through partially closed eyes as it begins to slowly massage his chest. She feels him shift slightly at her touch. Listening intently to his heart beating a few beats faster, she smiles to herself.

His hand squeezes her arm gently as her fingertips play light over a nipple through the soft material of his shirt. Feeling his thigh clench as she brushes over the little nub again, she slides her hand down over his stomach.

She tilts her head back slowly to find him with his head tipped back against the chair and his eyes closed, as he relishes her touch. Her hand reaches the hem of his tee, and she slips it underneath to move carefully back upwards. The heat of the fire has radiated through the shirt, and his skin is very warm under her fingers.

As they brush lightly through the hair on his chest, she smiles when she hears a sigh of contentment escape his mouth like a soft spring breeze. She tilts her head further and her lips brush his jaw softly, her breath kissing the skin of his cheek softly as her fingers again circle the bare skin of his nipple. When she feels his thigh muscles tighten, she begins to trace small circles on the small of his back with her other hand as she slowly drags the tip of her tongue up his jaw, stopping to kiss his neck softly below his ear.

She massages his chest as she kisses along the curve of his neck, and then she slides her hand down from his nipple and out from under his shirt to softly squeeze his trembling thigh.

"Are you ok baby?" she whispers in his ear as her hand kneads the tight muscles of his leg.

He nods his head slightly as he murmurs, "mmmmm hmmmm."

She smiles to herself, and remembers his finger as he silenced her question in the park. He had made it completely about her, and whether he liked it or not, she intended to return the favor. Her hand slides up his thigh and he shudders as she sucks his earlobe between her lips. Her fingers are soft as they slide from the top of his thigh into his lap.

A soft "mmmmmm" escapes her mouth around his earlobe as she traces the outline of him on the fleece of his pants. She relishes his sharp intake of breath as she stops her tracing to gently squeeze him through the soft material. His hand comes up to cup her cheek as his eyes open and he focuses the intensity of their blue green depths on her.

His voice is raspy and soft, "Stand up love," he says as he bends a leg to stand, dislodging her hand from its gentle massaging.

She has no choice but to stand with him as he hooks his arms under hers and pulls her to him. He lowers his face to hers, and his lips are gentle and sensual as they cover hers. His tongue soft and wet as it traces her lips. She sighs, her breath captured within his kiss as he slowly releases her, his lips drawing her lower lip between them and sucking it as he breaks the kiss.

She can feel the hard line of heat where he had been pressed against her disappear from her hip and stomach as he steps back, his hands carefully taking hold of the knot in the cream colored silk belt. He holds her eyes with his as the knot comes free, and he opens the front of the robe. His hands are gentle and his touch soft, as he reaches inside the robe to drag his fingertips slowly up her sides. She shivers at the touch and stifles a giggle as it tickles when his touch grazes over her ribs.

He smiles as he turns his hands, so that the back of his fingers brush the outside of her breasts, before continuing up to her shoulders. He leans in to kiss her cheek softly, and then as his hands slip from her shoulders, sliding the sleeves of the robe down her arms, his lips drag up to softly kiss her eyelids as they flutter closed. His breath is warm on her face as the touch of his lips disappears only to reappear on her other eye, as the robe slides free of her arms. He kisses her other cheek and then his touch is mysteriously gone. Her eyes flutter open to see him carefully draping the lavender silk over the back of the stuffed chair.

She steps forward now, taking charge. Her hands are cool on his skin as they slip beneath his shirt. She draws the material slowly upward, and he raises his arms instinctively. As the material rises, she pulls her hands together tight, catching his arms and head in the material.

She grins to herself as he gasps in a quick breath when her tongue unexpectedly circles his left nipple. Breathing out slowly onto his skin, she moves across to suck the other into her mouth and tease it lightly with her teeth. Her reward is a rumble of appreciation in his chest, as he exhales a faint 'hmmmmm'. As she sucks on his nipple she tilts her head to look down between them and a wave of heat pulses between her thighs as she sees the bulge in his pants twitch.

She releases his nipple and draws the shirt upwards, covering his mouth hungrily with hers as she pulls the shirt free and tosses it into the darkness of the room. Her tongue slips between his lips searching. As their tongues meet, an intricate and sensual dance begins. Her hands reaches around him, her nails lightly scratching up his back as his arms lower to surround her.

His hands slip down her sides and she feels the silk begin to defy gravity as it slides upwards over her skin when his fingers begin to gather the material at her hips. The kiss of the silk slips up the back of her thighs, as their tongues continue to dance, sends a shiver down her spine that stokes the fires deep within her. The warmth of that fire expands and begins to fill her, as he slowly works the material upward. As it slides over the curve of her ass, he steps back, breaking the kiss, and drawing the nightgown upwards as she is now forced to raise her arms as he did.

He does not trap her, but rather lifts the lavender silk completely free of her and tosses it into the nearby chair that holds her robe. As she moves forward to embrace him again he sidesteps quickly to pivot and stand behind her, his hands on her shoulders.

The warmth of the fire washes over her, as his large frame is no longer between her and the flames. The heat on her nipples is sudden, and they harden almost instantly. His fingertips kiss her shoulders as soft as a breath, before they slowly glide down her back, his fingernails dragging lightly this time and leaving an electric tingling on her skin in their wake.

As they move lower his hands circle to her sides, and slip beneath the cream colored lace trim of her panties. They continue to slide down, his thumbs hooking the waistband and drawing the material down over her hips when his fingers start tracing down the outside of her legs. As he kneels behind her to draw the panties down to her feet, she can feel his warm breath on the small of her back.

She cannot see him, but hears him stand behind her. His breath is soft on her neck below her ear as he whispers, "Don't move."

12