A Truth Half Told

Story Info
I fall for a truth half told.
9.7k words
4.41
32.6k
18
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Do you love me?" She asked me, looking me straight in the eyes.

"Of course I do." I lied to her. I was getting good at lying to her, it comes with practice. It was only a little lie, I didn't want to hurt her.

"That's good because I love you and I'd hate to think that I'm wasting my time with someone who tells me he loves me just so he can fuck me." She kissed me and I returned her kiss, another thing I was good at.

This charade began several months ago when my boss, her father, asked me to escort her to some industry function. I made sure that I was on my best behaviour, doing nothing that would upset her and incur his wrath. I was a little too successful it seems, because she has been clinging to me ever since. It all came to a head a couple of minutes ago when she suggested that it would be a good idea if she were to move in with me. "Do you really think that this is a good idea?" I asked her, hoping that she would consider my input on this decision. That was when she asked me if I loved her. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate her, for that would be hard to do that given that she's a nice enough girl. It's just that she can be very clingy. I was told by a workmate that her previous boyfriend did a runner and joined the army to get away from her.

"Then why don't you want me to move in with you?"

Now this question required me to think on my feet. "Because," I was in the starting blocks ready to run, "because, I don't think that your father is ready for this move." (A clean start I thought.)

"Daddy will let me do whatever I want, and I want to move in with you. I love you Mark, and I want to spend as much time with you as possible. What could be wrong with that?"

"I don't know, there are all sorts of reasons why it's not such a good idea, at least not yet."

"If not now, when?"

"Well, there's your father, what if he thinks that I've convinced you to move in with me to further my career prospects? Come to think of it, the other people in the office will think that's what is happening, they know that we've been dating but we haven't been going together long enough to take this major step in our lives. And I want to be very sure that I'm ready. I know that I love you, and you're a fabulous girl, but I think we should just take it slowly and not make any hasty decisions that may hurt us later. We have our whole lives ahead of us, one wrong decision, one false move, and that'll be ruined, and I don't want to be the cause of ruining your life."

"I suppose you're right, but for tonight, can we pretend that we're living together?"

"What did you have in mind?" I knew exactly what she had in mind. Surely, I thought, it can't be any worse than a night of casual sex.

It was going well, she was showing me that she was prepared to do anything for me, when my phone rang. I picked it up and looked at the number on the screen, shit it was her father. "Hello."

"Mark, it's George, George Minton your boss," (I didn't much like the way that he said 'your boss') "Is Kate there with you?"

"Yes she is, would you like a word with her?"

"That was the general idea, yes. Will you put her on." It wasn't so much a request but a command.

"Certainly, sir." I looked down at Kate. "It's your father, he wants to speak to you." She spat out my cock and took the phone from me.

"Hello Daddy." This was followed by a lot of talking from her father that I couldn't hear properly, punctuated by a lot of 'yes Daddy's' until she handed me the phone. "He wants to speak to you."

"Yes, sir?" I tried to make my voice sound authoritative, I don't think it worked.

"You are to bring Kate home immediately, and don't just drop her off outside, I want to speak to you."

I put my phone down and looked at a sheepish Kate. "I gather from this conversation that you told your father that you were going somewhere other than here with me."

"I told him that I was going to Jenny's house. How was I to know that he'd call her to check up on me?"

"You lied to him just so that you could come and see me, and now he thinks that I have some hold over you to make you deceive him like this. I know that he will blame me for this and I'll probably lose my job." (I know I'm laying it on a bit thick here, but it gives me the perfect reason to stop seeing her, if I need it.)

"I'm sorry Darling, but I just had to see you tonight, it's been so long since we've had time together, alone." (Yeah right, try two nights ago, that was the last time we were together.) "You can't blame me for wanting to see you, can you?"

"No, I can't blame you, but now we're going to have to be careful not to do anything, like lying to him, so that we'll have this time together. You do realise that I might be forced to stop seeing you if I want to keep my job, don't you?"

"Don't say that! Don't even think it. What am I going to do if Daddy forces us apart?"

"That depends on how strong your feelings for me are. Are they strong enough to stand a short separation?"

"Only if you promise that you'll wait for however long it takes for me to get Daddy to let me see you."

"Please, don't hassle him too much or you'll make it worse for both of us. (If I keep talking I can avoid making that promise) I know your father and I've seen what happens to people who try to get him to change his mind over something."

"Don't worry, I've had some years of practice at this."

"It didn't work tonight now did it?"

"There was a reason why he called Jenny looking for me, he wanted to tell me some good news. Oh Darling, we are going to have to spend some time apart, he has arranged for a vacation for the family. If it wasn't for this, I might have been able to get an invite for you, and then we could have been together and you could really get to know my family, your future family."

"This is what I was afraid of, you are wanting to move our relationship along too quickly, we should take it slowly and let our love develop. We have to know whether this is love and not just lust, that it's us wanting to spend the rest of our lives together and not just enjoying short times together in bed, making love. Don't get me wrong, I love that part of it, but I want more, can't you see that?"

"Yes, I can see that, and that's what I want too, it's just that I love the feel of you inside me." She grabbed my cock and placed its head against her pussy lips.

("Help me." I silently pleaded to whatever Supreme Being would listen.) "Stop that." I said as I took her hand off him and rolled away from her. "I've got to get you home, and quickly, or he'll have me on the rack come Monday."

"Oh I suppose so." Now she was sulking as she climbed out of my bed and began to put her clothes on. Even in this simple enough task she turned into a huge production, a reverse strip tease, when she pulled her panties on she had to smooth them down and make sure that they fitted snugly between her legs. This took a lot of running her hands over her pussy. And then there was her bra, she fastened the clasp and turned it so that it was now at the back, and then she slipped the shoulder straps slowly up her arms into position, and then she had to make sure that her boobs were comfortably nestled into the bra cups and this required her to run her hand around the inside of the cup and lift the boobs so that the bra fitted snugly under them and then smooth the fabric, in the process tweaking the nipples so that they stood out. I tried hard not to look, without success, and the more that I looked the more that she enjoyed herself. I don't know how much more of this I can stand before I eventually succumb to her efforts.

"Please, will you hurry, I don't know how patient you father is when it comes to you."

She was now up to her pantyhose, and this was an even more involved production involving a lot of caressing, especially between her legs, to ensure a snug fit with no wrinkles. Eventually, after several agonising minutes, she was ready to go home and face her father.

We climbed into my car and she sat as close to me as possible with her hand on my cock. I just sat there until she asked me why I wasn't moving, why I hadn't even started the motor. "Because, I am not moving from here until you put your seatbelt on." (In Australia it is mandatory to wear seatbelts at all times when driving.)

"You're a spoilsport not letting me sit close. I hate wearing seatbelts because the crush my clothes."

(Think Mark, how can you get her to actually like wearing seatbelts?) "They may crush your clothes but the shoulder strap makes your boobs stand out, and it's all I can do to keep my eyes off them." She looked down and saw how the belt emphasised the valley between her boobs and smiled as she smoothed the bodice of her dress. I started the motor and took her home.

There was no way that I could have escaped her father. As I pulled into her driveway the security light came on at the same time that the front door opened and he came out. Belligerent hardly describes his mood and I didn't know whether it was directed at me or both of us and it was with fear and trepidation that I ushered Kate forward towards our doom. "Inside, now, both of you!" So we went inside as commanded. "Sit!" We sat. "Now, if you don't mind, what the hell do you mean lying to me so that you can sneak off for, I hate to think what you were doing, with this, this person?"

"But Daddy, I love him and I wanted to be with him." (Shit, this was not the answer that he was hoping for.)

"LOVE! You, my girl, are hardly old enough to know the meaning of the word. You are infatuated with the thought that you are in love, but it's not really love. And how does he feel about you?"

"He's told me he loves me." She said softly, she was losing her resolve under his barrage.

"That's what your last boyfriend told you, right up until he joined the Army to get away from you. He told you that just so he could get into your pants and you fell for it, just as you're falling for it now." I was just about to say something, my mouth was open but, before anything could come out of it, he held up his hand. "Quiet, I'll get to you shortly." I shut my mouth. "Your mother and I made the mistake of trying to keep you in cotton wool, to shield you from the world at large thinking that we were protecting you. Now it seems that you are doing everything that we've tried to protect you from just to get back at us. You are twenty years old but acting like a spoilt thirteen year old. You are grounded until next week when we leave on our vacation, and that means no sneaking out to be with Mark here, or anyone else."

"But Daddy you can't do that, I'm an adult, not some little kid."

"What have I just been telling you, emotionally you are still a kid."

"But how am I ever going to grow up if you don't let me experience life?"

"That is something that your mother and I are going to discuss with you while we are away from distractions." He glared at me as if I was the distraction. "As for you young man, you had better leave right this minute and I expect to see you on Monday morning at nine sharp, in my office. You and I are going to have a long talk."

"Yes Sir." I left. Now I've got two days to decide what I'm going to say to him. Do I tell him that I would be quite happy for him to ban Kate from ever seeing me? I didn't want to not see her again, I just didn't want to see her all the time, and I just wasn't ready for that sort of commitment. Do I tell him that I wanted to continue seeing her? Don't get me wrong, she's a nice enough girl in small doses, I quite like her in fact, and being her friend certainly wouldn't do my career prospects any harm. Which was the truth and which was the lie? Shit I don't know, and I've only got two days to work it out.

By Sunday night I was beginning to miss her, miss the closeness to her when we sat on my sofa watching TV or listening to music, miss waiting for her to give in to her urges and kiss me and then, for her hand to reach across and caress my cock, telling me that she was no longer interest in the TV or that the music would make a perfect background accompaniment to our lovemaking. I had to ask myself if it was her or her lovemaking that I was missing; I came down in favour of it being both.

I hauled myself off to bed and tried to sleep, but all that I could think of was my meeting with her father in the morning. I tried to read myself to sleep but that didn't work. I tried music and that must have been successful because my next waking thought was that my alarm was loud and insistent, and that I could put off getting out of bed not a minute longer.

With my very best (and only) suit on, a freshly ironed shirt and polished shoes, I walked into the outer office to be greeted by Miranda, his PA. "He's waiting for you Mark, go straight in. By the way, what have you done to him, he's not in a good mood?"

That was all that I needed, him in a shitty mood. I knocked once and went in, to have waited for him to answer my knock would tell him that I was scared, and that was the last thing I wanted, I would be best able to handle him if he thought that I wasn't scared of him. Of course nothing could have been further from the truth, I was on the verge of shitting myself.

"Sit." He pointed to the chair opposite him. "Now, I've had a long talk with Kathryn, and she tells me that she hadn't arranged to meet you on Friday night, that she just turned up on your doorstep, is that true?" This was the first time that I'd ever heard him call her 'Kathryn', this didn't look good at all.

"Yes and no."

"Come sir, it has to be one or the other, it cannot be both, which is it, the truth or a lie?"

"It is true that she turned up unexpected, but it is also true that we had arranged to meet, sort of. You see when I saw her on Wednesday we agreed to meet if she was free. She told me that she vaguely remembered that she had a previous arrangement with a friend, but she couldn't remember what it was or which friend. She told me that she'd check her Ipad and if there was nothing, or that she could change the other appointment , she would come over. I was half expecting her, but wouldn't have worried if she didn't come over."

"Hrumph, I guess I can accept that. Now, the next question what are your plans for the future with her?"

"I don't know. It is too early for me to have a clear idea where this is heading. If, as I hope, we are looking at this becoming a long term prospect then I will have to make a decision. If it appears as if this will eventually peter out then I will call it off before it reaches a difficult phase for her, but if it turns out that we are both of the opinion that we want it develop further, then we will face that decision then." I needed him to at least think that I'm a level headed person and not some sex starved young stud looking for an easy fuck.

"I need to know whether you are just going with Kate to further your career and financial prospects, or whether your feelings for her run much deeper. I am going to make a proposition to you, we, that's my wife and I and Kate, are going away on a vacation. Kate has already tried to get us to invite you along, but I'll have none of that. What I want from this separation is to see if your love for her can stand a time apart, to that end I'm going to place temptation in your hands." He handed me a slip of paper. "This is where we are staying, see if you can stay away, knowing that if you turn up trying to see her you will be fired immediately. But then if you don't try to see her it will prove to me that you don't love her enough. What will it be, your love is so strong that you'll give up your career for her, or will you give her up for your career?"

"I need to discuss this with Kate, I need to know what her feelings for me are."

"That I must forbid, you will have no contact with her until we return, unless you want her enough to give up your career. Did I mention that if the two of you decide in favour of love, she'll be cut off without a penny. The choice is yours, a career without her or the poorhouse with her."

"I know what I want but you've removed that option so I'll have to give it a great deal of thought, it's not a decision that I can make lightly."

"Those are the options, it's now up to you. That will be all." I was dismissed.

I somehow got through the day and went straight home, expecting to find a message from Kate on my phone answer machine. There was nothing. Oh well, I have two weeks to think about what I want to do, two weeks without Kate to distract me, hell I was getting horny for her after only two days, what are two weeks going to do to me?

I found when I returned home on Wednesday evening that it wasn't all up to me, I was being forced to consider Kate and her feelings, not only for me, but for us. What was waiting for me was a letter that she had written when she was alone in her room and had smuggled out and posted in a nearby post box.

Darling Mark,

I miss you so very much and wish that I could have persuaded Father to let you come with us. I was hoping that the two of you could spend some time to get to know each other and for him to respect my love for you. But that isn't to be and I beg you to make no attempt to contact me, because, much as it hurts me, he has told me that if you do he will fire you. Be brave my Darling, please, for us you have to be strong and not give in to the hurt of being kept apart from me, just as I must be brave.

I lay here on my lonely bed, writing this and remembering, feeling, your touch on my body, the touch of your lips on mine, and living with the knowledge that you are the love of my life. I look forward to next week when we can be together again and those feelings can become a reality once more.

I am convinced that my father is trying to distract me from you, we had no sooner arrived here than he took me to a surf shop. A surf shop for crying out loud! He pretended that he was interested in surfing and even went as far as buying board shorts and a steamer suit, I half expected that he would buy a surfboard. But the real reason that he took me there was boys, hundreds of them, bronzed, toned, dreadlocked surfer boys, YUK! I bought a bikini and we left.

He sat me down and told me what he had told you, and I couldn't believe that you would have chosen your career over my love. Please won't you change your mind? I will be devastated if I am to lose you. He told me that the next two weeks would give me some time to get over you, but I'll never get over you, never. He can parade a thousand young men in front of me but I will not even look at them. My eyes, as well as my heart have only one person in mind and that is you, my wonderful darling. I will devote my time to working out a way that we can be together and soon.

Until I get to see you again my Darling love, I must console myself with a finger or two. If you hold this paper up to your nose you will smell my pussy, something to remember me by while you are jerking off. (Sorry, I just had to say that.)

See you soon, my one true love,

Kate. X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X

My first thought was to find some way of contacting her, if only to tell her that I had not chosen my career over her love, and that I was prepared to wait until she returned and discuss it with her. Then I began to wonder just what he had told her. If, as she had mentioned, he told her that I had chosen my career, then he had lied to her. What other lies had he told? To what lengths would he stoop just to keep us apart, and why?

I didn't jerk off as she had suggested, but I did sniff the letter and a familiar aroma was faintly present on the paper, trust her to come up with that. I lay on my bed, my thoughts in total turmoil, not one coherent one among them, it got so bad that I forced myself to get up and go to the living room an turn on the TV to watch some ridiculous programme, just to take my mind off my concerns. It was moderately successful, I went to sleep in the middle of an old movie and woke hours later to find my thoughts returning to Kate.