Abby Ch. 28

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Kezza67
Kezza67
1,195 Followers

"I Understand you are thinking about a Farmer's Co-operative." Abby looked at James who nodded.

"Well, the farmers are. They have asked me to organise it, but I am not too sure about getting that involved."

"It's a good idea." Said Richard. "The competition from abroad is bad enough without our competing amongst ourselves. You have a good product there in the Lyney Valley. It's worth a premium from those who want the best. If the tenants cooperate, they'll all get a share of the good fortune, rather than just one or two." He said no more as Maggie re-appeared. "Mustn't talk business in front of the memsahib."

"Idiot!" Commented Maggie. "Tea's on its way," she announced gaily.

On the drive back, Abby told James that she had mentioned their possible joint parentage. He wasn't annoyed, simply saying.

"And what does she think?"

"Maggie says its rubbish." He nodded.

"That's just about what Richard said." Abby looked at him with a smile.

"So you mentioned it to him?"

"Yes. I wondered if you would say anything to Maggie, and when you disappeared down the garden with your heads close together I suspected that was the nub of your conversation." She laughed.

"Is it so easy to guess what I am thinking and talking about?" He shook his head.

"No, but I suppose I hoped you would be mentioning it to Maggie. I needed to talk to someone about this, and Richard has always been a good friend, and one who will keep a confidence. In addition he and Maggie did know my father, probably better than I, as they would have socialised from time to time. Perhaps I hoped that Richard would debunk the theory. I didn't know that father played around; but then what son would know that; Richard did know. He was very circumspect about it, but it is evident that most of his friends were well aware of father's indiscretions. He cheered me up though, when he said that the suggestion of my father being your father as well was total balderdash. It would appear that father had rather specific requirements." His demeanour was somewhat contemplative. "It is quite surreal to be talking about my father like this. I mean about his infidelity. It almost seems to me that we are talking about a distant acquaintance rather than a family member. But in many ways my father was that. Going away to boarding school when I was ten, then a brief stint at University before deciding to join the army. He died soon after that, I never really knew him." He looked at Abby. "But at least I know who my father was, even if now I find I don't like him too much." Abby realised that James was reaching out to her, and that what he had said was something that he would never discuss with anyone else. It gave her a great deal of happiness that he felt he could confide in her this way, even though the subject was painful. She reached across and laid her hand on his thigh. The contact seemed to strengthen him.

They drove on for another mile then he turned to her. The grin was back on his face. "If the tests prove what everyone seems to believe, I can see our dirty weekend getting closer." Abby returned the grin.

"I want luxury, James. No seedy boarding house for me. If I'm to be seduced, it has to be in the best possible comfort."

"You will have luxury. Best hotel I can find. Anyway I thought it was you who was doing the seducing?"

Abby's laughed happily. "Well we will both try, and see who wins."

He looked at her fondly. "I suspect we will both be the winner."

To be continued

Kezza67
Kezza67
1,195 Followers
12