Abby Ch. 35

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Kezza67
Kezza67
1,193 Followers

"I will think about it, James. I will give you my answer when I return for the station blessing."

"That's a week away. Will you not come back earlier?"

"I will be back a couple of days before. I need to ask Mr. Brasher a couple of things."

The journey back to Combe Lyney was taken at a slower pace than the outward journey. James drove with a mixture of emotions. He felt better now he had finally told Abby of his feelings, and despondent that she had not accepted him immediately. At first there was a little anger that she hadn't accepted him, but as the miles rolled away a more temperate attitude prevailed. He couldn't really blame her, could he? He was the one who should have been brave enough to tell her how he felt. He was the one who allowed their relationship to settle into a comfortable routine. Comfortable for him, yes. He took but gave little back. Had it been comfortable for Abby? Had she thought that he was happy to have her as a Mistress, but nothing else? Shame at his perceived disrespect brought heat to his face. If she rejected him, then it was his actions that brought about that rejection.

Sam had left it until he saw James drive past Gallow farm going back to Combe Lyney. He dialled Abby's number. "Hello Sam." She picked up straight away.

"How did it go?" Sam was eager to know.

"I have never seen James so unsure of himself. Sam! He was wretched. However, he did propose."

"And?"

"I will tell him yes when I come back for the blessing of the station."

"You're making him sweat for a while then?"

"I thought it appropriate. He's got to learn that I am not a weak, simpering woman."

Sam was laughing. "I doubt that there is anyone here in Combe believes that, Abby. Remember, I saw you in action at the meeting with the co-operative."

To be continued

Kezza67
Kezza67
1,193 Followers
12