Accountant Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I'll take George if you want."

"Oh thanks," she said turning.

I took him from her and sat on one of the stools while she prepared his food.

"So they haven't told you anything."

"No, they just went over my witness statement, they went into my being on Facebook and Twitter all evening and most of the night," she said. "I thought this was going to be about the fraud."

"So did I."

"They also wanted me to describe how I found him," she said with a shudder.

"And they haven't said anything about Sam?"

"Just that they hadn't finished talking to her yet, they told me to wait in reception."

I nodded, thinking.

"Do you think she was involved? She was at a horse show with witnesses," she asked.

"I don't know what to make of it. I'd like to speak to Mike about it but if it's an active case now I doubt he'll be forthcoming."

"I'm confused, I can't make sense of it. How long are they going to keep her?"

"That's something I have no answer to either."

With the food ready she came over and took George back and sat next to me to feed him.

"Will things be alright up at the farm?" I asked. "Can they manage without her?"

"I don't know, I think so."

"Okay, that's something we can sort out soon if she's not released. Do you know who her solicitor is?"

"Yes he's the one on the high street."

"Loosemoores?"

"Yes that's the one."

"I'll give them a ring, see if they know."

I spoke to the receptionist and she put me through to one of the partners. I told him all that I could safely tell him and was pleased when he said he'd have a word with Mike.

Heather was a little bit more settled when I put the percolator on and I sent her through to the front room while I made it. George was happily playing when I followed her through.

She looked up to me expectantly then saw the cups in my hand.

"At the moment," I said. "No news is good news."

She smiled. "Yes, I know, I just wish it was over."

"Amen to that," I said putting her cup in front of her and sitting on the arm of the settee with mine.

She put her arm along my thigh and rested her head against me. I brought my hand to the nape of her neck, my fingers burrowing through to stroke her.

She sighed and turned back to check on George. I sipped my coffee and thought about what to do next. It might be an idea to have a quick bite to eat here and take her on up to the farm and see if things were okay at the riding school.

"Are you hungry? I am. How about we make ourselves something to eat?" I asked.

"I'll make it," she said turning back to me. "I need something to do."

"Okay, the kitchens yours, I'll stay and watch telly with George."

"Thanks," she said, giving me a light kiss on the cheek as she got up.

I slipped down into the seat she vacated and reached for the remote. I sat watching George with half an ear on the news. George was on his way to sleep when she came back with the food.

I raise my finger to my lips as she walked in. She nodded back to me and brought the plates over. She put the plates down and picked the carrier.

"You can leave that until after we've eaten, we can go up to the farm then."

"Oh, okay," she said putting it down again.

I stood and picked up my plate, moving to the armchair to let her sit back next to George.

"What can we do at the farm?" she asked.

"Anything and nothing, make sure everything's alright with the stables and guests. I don't know."

"As long as you're staying with me."

"Yes of course," I replied. "Now come on eat up."