Adam's Acquisition Ch. 02

Story Info
Adam thinks he's found the cure.
2.9k words
4.48
22.2k
10

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 10/21/2022
Created 04/03/2009
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

**Thank you all for your encouraging words as I endeavor on this first story. It is my hope that you will enjoy the slow burn that simmers between these two characters. **

Driving into work, Adam did not like starting his week with back to back meetings; however it could not be helped. One meeting was a video conference with the CEO and other company VPs regarding setting up trials for a drug in which Richter Pharmaceuticals was having problems with a supplier. It was his experience that problems of this nature usually required travel and persuasive charm and or a little bit of arm twisting. It was imperative that delays such as this not impede the drug from going through trials as scheduled. If it were a safety issue, it may be understandable, and would be addressed appropriately. However, if this sudden delay was more suspicious in nature, which was not out of the realm of possibility, then that would require a totally different response.

The other meeting had to do with the relocation of key personnel and himself to a newly renovated suite on the fourth floor. Under normal circumstances, the move would be exciting, especially since his new office would a little larger and more private. But with potential complications looming on the horizon, he viewed the event as more of a nuisance at a very busy time. However there were two advantages to the move, which stimulated his anticipation. The first was no more glass partition which currently which made him feel like he was in a fish bowl at times. Hell, he knew the running joke regarding his current office and even jested about it himself on occasion.

When he was in the mood, which was rare, he would playfully press his nose up against the wall of glass as most of the staff prepared to leave for the day. He would mouth 'take me with you' as people passed by. This usually got a couple of laughs and smiles, not to mention sympathetic looks from a few of the hot female associates.

The second advantage to the move was being able to hire an assistant, which he intended to start the search for immediately. Driving into the parking garage, his attention shifted to Sunni and Friday night's exchange between them; this caused a smile to pull at the corner of his lips. He took out his Blackberry and proceeded to call the director of HR.

****

Sunni was getting settled at her desk for the day when Madison stepped into her cubicle wearing a big smile.

"Hey girl, how's it going?" Madison asked.

"Hey, it's going well, except that my weekend was too short." Sunni returned the smile as she placed her purse in the overhead cabinet.

"Yeah, tell me about it. What did you do over the short weekend?"

"Mmm, yesterday church service and lunch with my mother. Saturday was spent cleaning the apartment and grocery shopping. You know it's never enough time." Sunni surmised.

Madison shook her head in agreement. "Hey, guess what Todd and I did over the weekend?"

"What?" Sunni asked expectantly.

Madison brought her face closer to Sunni and spoke in a whispered tone. "We looked at engagement rings. I think he's going to ask me to marry him soon." Madison was bubbling with joy. She had really gone out of her way to befriend Sunni when she first arrived at Richter Pharmaceuticals. Of course there were other associates on their team that made her feel welcomed also however Madison made it a point to treat Sunni feel like a friend. Sunni was genuinely happy for her and hoped that Madison got the happy ending that she herself did not get with her failed marriage.

"Really, that's great. So what style were you guys thinking about?"

Sweeping her straight dark brown hair behind her ears, "Well we both liked a marquis cut that was set in platinum. It was sooo gorgeous on my finger. But the round cut, I'm a little partial to because it looked classic, yet updated in the platinum setting," Madison dreamily replied.

"Well you seem so excited. I hope he hurries up and asks you soon," Sunni smiled.

"Thanks, I believe he will," Madison returned the smile.

"Hey, I've got a question... it's about Adam Sheridan," Sunni tried to keep her facial expression nonchalant, not wanting to spark Madison's curiosity. "What do you know about him, I mean what's he like to work for?"

"Well, it's our team leaders and regional managers that really have to deal with him. But, I hear that he can be demanding."

"I can almost vouch for that because Friday, I lost the document that I was working on; you know the one that I had to email him."

Madison's mouth popped open as she whispered, "Shit, you did? How did that happen?"

"Madison, I really don't know how it happened," Sunni sighed shaking her head. "To make a long story short, I told Adam about it. I felt so stupid you know having to tell him something like that. I knew I saved the thing, but I just couldn't find it after I came back from the restroom, how strange is that? Thankfully, Adam was able to retrieve it 'cause I believe that he would have made me re-type that report that very night if it wasn't found."

"So uh, was he nice about the whole thing?" Madison asked.

"Uh yeah, he was nice about it," Sunni quickly looked down and rubbed her arms as she remembered the dream that woke her out of her sleep at three o'clock this morning. The thought of the almost nightmare made her shiver.

"Are you alright?"

"Oh, yes I'm okay." Sunni shook her head in affirmation. "I just didn't sleep well last night that's all."

"You weren't sick were you?" Madison asked with concern.

No, I wasn't sick it was just a weird dream, one that I'm trying to forget about."

"Okay. Well, my advice is to get a jump drive, so you'll know where your files are." Madison folded her arms for emphasis.

"You don't have to tell me twice," Sunni opened her desk drawer and pulled out a little black thumb drive and waved it in front of her face with a sly smile.

"Good, now you've got a back up plan. So it looks like our VP won't be in the 'fish bowl' much longer," Madison whispered.

Oh yeah, his office is moving to a new suite, right?" That was definitely a good thing because Sunni spent so much time over the weekend trying to suppress the urge to rationalize the strange exchange between her and Adam. She believed that it was reason for the dream that she had this morning.

"Well, I better get started. You know I just love my job." Madison turned in the direction of her cube.

"Don't I?" Sunni answered sarcastically with a big smile.

The day progressed well enough with Sunni accomplishing pretty much all the tasks that needed her attention. She kind of kept a look out for Adam hoping and yet not hoping to see him as he passed by her cubicle on his way to his office. However, it was four o'clock in the afternoon and Sunni was pretty sure that he wouldn't be coming in today. She told herself to get a grip and to stop fixating on a stupid dream, no a nightmare starring her boss, a guy who probably care less about how she was subconsciously coping with feelings of inadequacy. Sunni pulled her black cardigan tightly around her and squeezed her legs together to quell the tingling sensation slowly building between her legs as she recalled the erotic scene of her dream.

Sunni was being chased through a dark maze of hallways and the faster she'd run the harder it seemed to put distance between herself and this person. She remembered turning down one long hall and opening a door to rush inside just before could reach her. She made it inside the threshold and attempted to slam the door closed, however a foot prevented her from closing it. It was a black leather shoe, a man's shoe.

Sunni bared all of her weight against the door hoping the man would give up and leave but alas the harder she pushed the more resistance she encountered from the other side.

Sunni finally gave up her hold against the door and tried to find a hiding place the dark room before he could catch her. She only got a couple of steps in before she tripped over an object, falling to her knees. Stunned momentarily, she tried to crawl away but he caught her ankle, first the one and then the other in a steel like grasp. She could hear him laughing as he started pulling her towards him, the slippery floor and the material of her skirt making it all too easy for him. She became immobile as the man's hands began a slow progression up her legs and thighs. Her breathing quickened with fear as he rolled her over and underneath him. He straddled her legs. As his warm hands reached the flesh of her inner thighs, Sunni fought to close her legs to stop his invasion. But he would not allow this and firmly pushed her legs towards her waist causing a gap between her legs which he used to his advantage. Grasping both thighs, he wedged his knees between her legs to keep them open. It was then that Sunni saw the face of her attacker, it was Adam Sheridan.

"Why are you running away from me Sunni?" Adam queried as his fingers pulled the seat of her panties aside with one hand and used the ball of his thumb with the other to run one long stroke against the top of her mound. He slowly traced his way down to her clit, circling the nub slowly. He continued his thumb's slow exploration over her sensitive flesh to her slit where he leisurely circled the opening with his thumb but did not enter. "You know that missing file could have delayed some very important reports that I had to submit, don't you Sunni?" Adam continued to circle her slit, his brown eyes searching hers for an answer. All Sunni could do was shake her head in denial, unable to voice any of her thoughts because of the unwanted pleasure building in the flesh between her legs. She placed the heel of a foot against the floor and tried to wiggle away from Adam's teasing thumb.

He pulled her back towards him with his free hand and the struggle between the two of them caused his thumb to slip inside of her. "Nooo!" Sunni screamed only to awaken from the dream with her heart pounding as she gasped for air.

Sunni got up from her desk went to the restroom thinking that a splash of cold water on her face is what she needed to get her mind back on work. She splashed the very cold water against her face which helped to ebb the feelings of arousal that she was having. Sunni started thinking that maybe it was time for her to start dating again, for real.

****

It was Friday again, the week had gone by rather smoothly. Apparently, Adam had to fly to Texas on business which explained his absence from the office. Sunni heard that it had something to do with one of the suppliers. Truthfully, she was glad that he was out of the office, which also gave her time to get it together and to put things into perspective.

Sunni received a phone call from human resources requesting that she meet with Barbara Wiggins the department head. Naturally, the only thing that Sunni could think about was that they were going to let her go, especially in light of the current economic conditions. Why else would HR want to see her?

Sunni smoothed her hair before opening the door to the HR reception area. "Hi, I'm Sanura Moore and I'm here to see Ms. Barbara Wiggins."

"Just a moment," Sunni watched as the receptionist smiled and picked up the phone to inform Ms. Wiggins of her arrival. Sunni's heart raced as she thought about having search for another job in this market. She hated going on interviews trying to sell herself to a perspective employer only to not hear anything or to be offered a salary or hours that would not meet her needs. Maybe she should apply for her old position back at the lab, it paid well but the hours were rotating. However a rotating shift at the lab would severely hinder her ability to pursue a Masters Degree.

"She will see you now." The slim receptionist led Sunni down the hall to Ms. Wiggins' office.

"Hello Ms. Moore, I'm Barbara Wiggins." The older white woman smiled and shook her hand firmly. "Please have a seat. How are you?"

"I'm well and you?"

"I'm fine."

Barbara gestured to one of the empty chairs positioned in front of her desk. "I guess you're wondering why you were asked here?"

"Yes," Sunni took a deep breath and returned the smile.

"Well, it looks like you've been with us for a little over 60 days now and you're doing a great job, but we're looking for ways to utilize our resources more efficiently. Please, relax you're not getting laid off. But unfortunately your current position will change starting on Monday."

Sunni's eyes widened in surprise, "Uh what will I be doing?"

"I'm sure you are well aware that we, like all companies, are looking for ways to control costs. After some considerable thought, we'd like to place you in an executive assistant position which will save us the expense of hiring someone from the outside while providing the cost savings we need by eliminating your current position. You'll be working with Adam Sheridan who is moving to a larger office on the fourth floor.

Sunni struggled to keep down a fit of coughing due to strangling on her own saliva.

Barbara looked at her with concern. "Are you okay... would you like some water?"

"Yes please," Sunni replied as she strangled. She was thrown for a loop. The absolute last thing she'd expected to hear was that they'd want her to be Adam's assistant. She didn't want the job of executive assistant, she didn't want to be at the beck and call of someone when their shit wasn't going right, much less Adam Sheridan who could probably be a real asshole when he wanted to. Sunni just didn't think she was cut out to function in that role.

Barbara gave her a moment to compose herself before she continued. "We want you to report to Adam on Monday. He should be back by then and can inform you of your duties. You don't have to look so melancholy, he's not that bad. And besides, he seems to think highly of you since you were at the top of his list." Barbara didn't mention to Sunura that she was the only candidate on his list.

"Monday... that soon?" Sunni asked.

"Yes, Adam needs you in the new offices on Monday and whatever assignment you're working on can be completed from there." Barbara tried to reassure Sunni with a pleasant smile.

Sunni took a deep breath and let it out before speaking. "I see, uh well I guess I should be thankful I still have a job." Sunni smiled and tried to sound enthused but it just didn't transfer to her demeanor, especially since her fate seemed to be out of her hands at the moment.

"Congratulations! Once you two establish a working relationship, I think you'll be fine. FYI, there's going to be an open house scheduled for next Thursday at 5 pm, we'll be in touch regarding the details."

Sunni returned to her cubicle on the fifth floor knew that Barbara Wiggins had tried to make her feel less intimidated but it didn't really work. She walked over to Madison's cube and informed her of the transfer. Madison was just as disappointed as she was. Sunni had grown accustomed to her friendly banter and would miss it. They promised to try to coordinate their schedules for lunch as often as possible but she somehow knew it would never be the same.

****

Adam had just left the airport and was on his way home. He had a couple of hours before getting ready for a dinner date with a causal friend. As a matter of fact, he was so horny lately that he was planning on ending the evening, sinking himself into a very sexy red head who would happily bark like a dog if he asked her to do it.

Speaking of sex, he thought of Sunni and the news that she must have received from HR by now. Adam wondered what her reaction was regarding the new position. Would she be pleased or pissed to now be working for him? Actually, come to think it, he really didn't care whether she liked it or not. His main objective to having her transferred was that it would help to ebb the 'new girl' fantasy complex currently plaguing his daydreams. Oh no, he thought; he absolutely would not, could not fuck her, even though his cock was swelling now with thoughts of her. He was sure that after working with her he would no longer find that delectable body all that desirable.