Adventure in Longwood Day 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
emap
emap
237 Followers

"I suppose my first question is why did they go on a wife raid with four soldiers." I ask the Apache and get a strange answer.

"They say the soldiers asked them to in Apache. It comes to mind the soldiers do not come to town." The captain looks at me and puts his hand to his face.

"It never occurred to me it is such a long way to town, I was leading a second search party to the ranches north of town. I will organize town groups among the single men, there are wives at our fort they come and visit to order things. I was asked by McCalbane to look for a man of his, told me he was half Apache, the description he gave matches the deputy. I'm going to surmise there is more than what I was told and leave it alone, my duties are the Apache and my men."

"Best in this case, the last time I met a soldier that got into my life I tried to kill." The captain gives me a questioning look. "He was part of a troop that put down an uprising that was not, my tribe only wanted food. We have a copy of his report if you wish to see it."

"I'm going to surmise you did not have a weapon in your hands then. I'll take your word for it, I assume the Apache had horses I'd ask them to be let out, these two and the sergeant can ride them back. I told the rest to report to me here, they will bury the folks as well nice stones marking have been ordered, the undertaker was very happy."

We go back to the saloon where Dan has Chad go let the Apache out and tell the sergeant where the horses are. This gets me curious on one thing before I can ask Dan points to Ishmael he pulls my Winchester and the two boxes out from behind the bar. I collect these and go upstairs with them, I put my Winchester in the top drawer empty my revolvers and clean them before loading one. The loaded goes into the top drawer, the unloaded sits atop the dresser in the belt. Going back downstairs I find a conversation between Chad and Chad.

"I was sent to find Chad, at this point I find I best be not returning either. McCalbane is very on the mad side of things. If'n I can find a job I'd rather not be in town either, he's teaching his men not with the herd how to shoot." Chad says to me, Sally perks up.

"Well that is good news, I wasn't sure how to be adding rooms if the saloon is shot up I can take it down and build new."

"Chad can you do a farm? My folks were shot leaving me and my brother, I can't do it and he ain't old enough, even together. I find I like whoring anyway, so if your of the mind I'm offering say four dollars a week and at least one roll with me." The girl says before I can say anything.

"Well I reckon I could, the offer sounds more than fair to me. I was only getting three dollars a week anyhow. Is your brother at the farm?"

"He went to the church with Father Darren while I was trying out whoring he has a horse in the stable. I can pay you the four dollars now, I think best you see to the farm and get where everything is before the roll."

"I'll give you a loaf of bread in the morning along with the pay for the milk." Amanda says from the door to the kitchen.

"Janet this is our newest whore care of well you and Ishmael. Her name is Wanda, she has the room just past Chun's, and she wishes to be the first to do the poison. Seems she is in between and does not want to carry a child." Sally says taking my arm to lead me to the table.

"Chad did you clean your rifle?" The thought occurs to me after a moment.

"No, only one shot doesn't warrant cleaning. Dan told me you're religious about cleaning the pistols while you were up there and to expect the question."

"Well go and get it, I think I should try out the longer rifles. I've always had the shorter rifle, fits me better but if they carry a different bullet. The short ones do not have quite as much range as I'd like in a rifle."

Chad and Wanda go to get her brother my Chad goes to get his rifle followed by the captain. Unsure on why he went I take up a sandwich that Amanda has just brought out for us. When Chad and the captain return, it took a long while, I see why the captain went he is holding the shorter Winchester.

"If you are finished with midday we set up some targets for you and me behind the saloon. I do not get to shoot as often as I should, I hope you do not mind Dan we are using the targets provided for you." This makes Dan look at Sally then the captain.

"I did not know I had targets. Go ahead sheriff is shooting up close and personal if it comes to that. Sally it occurs to me the saloon rebuild should go behind the sheriff so we can have a second street."

"I had not thought of that, you are right of course there is a ranch straight behind us would give them a shorter access to town. Janet stop looking confused we got a letter yesterday certain concerns took the upper hand we are getting a railroad line. The company wants to get a line farther west going the ones already up would have to turn to much so we are getting the new line, going up about five hundred feet past the last building north. We will see the men placing it in about three weeks get a station here and everything. I'll need more than six and me whoring so I sent a telegraph out again."

I kick Dan for not telling me sooner then go with Chad and the captain behind the saloon. There are targets, little metal disks at the end of sticks, two far out there two more closer in. Movement catches my eye I take Chad's rifle and shoulder it on the movement. The rifle itself is a bit on the long side for me, heavier but not terribly so. After a moment a coney comes in to view, hoping Amanda can use coney I fire. The poor thing never knew what hit it, the entire front of it's head explodes, it collapses right there.

"Goodness the new rifles are powerful."

Personally I feel a little elated the coney did not know pain. I hurry over and sing the song of death and life over it. When I pick it up I notice it is a big coney, Chad and the captain fall into step with me toward the saloon.

"I wish to know what you were singing." Chad says the captain making agreeable noise to that.

"It is a prayer in round eye terms, I was thanking it for giving up it's body so we may live. The warriors have a different song, I do not know it what I sang was the one the women sing before they prepare it for the fire. I just hope Amanda knows coney."

I hurry through the saloon to the kitchen where Amanda is puzzling over what to make tonight. When she sees the coney she brightens right up, after assuring me she will preserve the fur we go back out to the targets. I find I have had enough with the rifle after emptying it is a fine rifle just a little long for me. The captain takes over with it wishing to try it out, he really likes it.

"I'll have to send a report to munitions asking for these, my rifle is good enough for officers, we carry a pistol as well. The men on the other hand only get a rifle, these would be better for them."

"We are going to have a town meeting, if you three could come in." Sally hollers out to us.

Curious we go in to find a good number of people, Father Darren perched at the bar with Dan. Mr. Johnson takes my hand and pulls me into his lap.

"Now, we are all here because we are getting a railroad and we are sure to have more people wishing to live here." Mr. Abrams says standing on his chair Mr. Johnson whispered his name into my ear. "With that we find we need a mayor, now our first mayor will be appointed, in a year or so we will hold an election. Before anyone suggests it our sheriff can't do both, the mayor makes sure the sheriff upholds the law and fires him otherwise. Course there is the other matter of pay for the sheriff and deputy, Sally pays them fine enough with room and board, the rest of us have what did we decide on?"

"We figured dollar a week to pay both on, most of our money ends up in the saloon." Mrs. Abramson says standing up to see and hear better.

"I'll add a dollar a week, Polly is right I shan't hold on to the money for town needs. Soon as we pick a mayor I'll put up the money to get a butcher shop built and a butcher." Sally says standing up to applause.

"Well there we go, makes it a dollar each for our sheriff and deputy. I won't suggest otherwise with the fine Cherokee mother of the deputy sitting right here." Mr. Abrams says after the clapping stops. "Now we also have a laundry coming, Chun's folks are going to do that, and if we were told right perhaps open a true eatery. We will have a second street now so this is turning into a right proper town, all we need is a mayor. Anyone have someone to put up for the job?"

"Why not Mr. Johnson, he's a lovely man and has little to do most days according to him." I say getting a grunt of surprise out of him.

"You know I find that a fine idea, he is right in the middle of town. We all know him he is a right proper man. Does anyone have a word against?" Mr. Abrams looks around. "Well then it is Mr. Johnson, no pay until you are elected of course. After that it will be oh let's go with for now a dollar a week, it might go up depends on how well we do as a town."

"There is one other item, McCalbane we know he is a cheat and much worse now thanks to Janet and Dan. He has taken over all but one ranch and demands more for his cows than Kunis. Dan told us he will be making an attack likely on the saloon, which is good if we are taking it down anyway. The question that remains, are the sheriff, deputy and one whore enough to take him and his men?" The man from the store says standing up.

"I have come for the whore." I sit up at the voice and following spit, Barnaby is at the entrance.

"Barnaby you should have died when I shot you, give me a bit I will get dressed for this."

I go up the stairs quick slipping out of my clothes as I go. I get into my tracking clothes get the pistols and moccasins on then go back down the stairs. Chad is waiting for me at the foot of the stairs, everyone else is out front.

"You don't want to do this, Barnaby is good."

"He taught me, I asked nice. He may not remember it right, I was better then and I'm better now." Chad looks toward the door then back at me.

"Not what I meant, he has a couple boys that go everywhere with him, them not behind him speaks volumes."

"Oh well now, if you meant that you should have said it to begin with, let me go get my Winchester I'll prune first. Stall him say I had to fix my revolver or something."

Chad looks at me unsure before I go back up the stairs, grabbing my Winchester I slip out the window after looking about. The drop is painful though I am moving fine after so move along behind the buildings. Sally's shack as she called it turns out to be perfect, there is a ladder tied against the wall. I set the ladder in a spot low enough to climb up stand tall as I can and look at the rooftops there is one on the sheriff's.

Bringing the rifle up and putting a bullet in the chamber in smooth motion I fire. The man jerks then does not move, blood pooling around him I can hear startled yells from the street. Across the street another man appears his rifle in one hand I eject the shell loading another as I adjust my target and fire. The man had been putting his rifle to his shoulder instead he falls back to more yells from the street.

I get down off Sally's shack, which is a lot nicer looking than it sounds and head for the saloon. Chad is still inside looking a little nervously at the entrance where Barnaby is hollering about not knowing they were there. He quiets right down when I come out of the saloon loading a fresh bullet into the Winchester.

"Sheriff you can't..." I shoot his hat off.

"Barnaby you have two choices, either go back to the slime you helped try and break me with and tell him this Cherokee can not be broken, or stay here and let me work on the fine aim of this Winchester on you. There is no third option I am running out of patience."

"I am a gunslinger of honor I did not put those men there or try and break you." Barnaby stands tall while he says this.

"Act honorable all you want, will not wash, you were above me twice a day after I gave birth. I was thirteen summers chained to a bed, how does honor sit with that one? Would you like to explain why you have a limp or would you rather I give you a second? Move."

Barnaby looks at me, the rest of the people around, then does. He doesn't even get his hat, just limps over to his horse gets on and off. The captain comes over to me putting his revolver in his pocket.

"I don't suppose you can track Apache? Just in case I get any taking off, seems there is a group of them wandering free, usually use an Apache he said not anymore after we ended up shooting the last one." I look up at him.

"I won't if you're just going to shoot them I know why they leave reservations are death to our people."

"I'm not arguing that one and we aren't supposed to shoot them, the last time new recruits went with him. They said he brandished a weapon, the tracker told me he was cursing them and saying he chooses freedom over death."

"I do not understand why they can not leave. I am allowed to wander free even near Cherokee reservations the soldiers said nothing."

"Because you are with Dan, accompanied injun are free to go anywhere. The cavalry even uses them as scouts and trackers without looking for injuns. The men are not allowed because those are the ones that attack towns, I have standing orders on it. I am able to write a writ allowing one or couples to leave and start farms or ranches."

"I will if I am able to pick who goes with me, say Chad and the sergeant that was here. You must promise to believe me if I say can not find, I will not stop a man from going to another reservation for a wife."

"They are supposed to ask for that I told them last year I will let them. Yes the terms are agreeable to me, gets him out of my hair he's always asking for a drink."

"Your men are slow in coming back."

"I know they buried the couple at the farm and the soldiers, likely not to be back for a few more hours if today."

"Janet it is getting toward night time, you really should get into a dress unless you're not working today. You can not if you like, with Wanda we may have too many right now." Sally has taken my arm walking with me into the saloon.

"I can collect the money and see if we have too many, Chun can try and get a man or two in the process. You can use my room I'll put the revolvers both in the drawer." We go up the stairs with a smiling Sally on my arm.

"I was meaning to ask why you leave one on the dresser. Seems a little dangerous to me."

"I leave one there because it is empty, round eyes if they wish to steal will grab first thing there to threaten with. I have throwing knife under the pillow."

Sally goes to look under my pillow as I get my belts off the Winchester goes into the drawer with a promise to clean later. While I am getting my skirt on Wanda opens the door wider knocking softly.

"Sally I don't really have anything good to wear as a whore top."

I stop to look at her she has a slip on with a regular skirt under it. Sally comes over with my knife in her hands.

"Well the slip isn't bad, needs to be shorter you look like you haven't finished getting dressed. I tried wearing one of those only in New York, it's to short men would just slip a finger in me. Had one bend me over the table, he paid at least but that was not nice."

"Here I'll fix." I take my knife from Sally.

Wanda squeaks when I pull on her slip then run my knife through it. I go around Wanda cutting her slip. We all look at what is left I cut it a little high her middle is showing just a bit.

"Well the middle showing is a little much though we are whores we are supposed to look good enough to pay for. I think Wanda had that covered anyway good enough for now, in the morning we can order you a camisole."

"I ordered two for me yesterday a dark red and a dark blue when they arrive you can use one until yours arrive." I get a hug from Wanda for that.

"Janet that brings to mind one thing, what are you going to wear when you swell up?"

"I thought there was no danger of that with the poison." Wanda says looking worried.

"There is not if you take it, there is one month out of twelve you do not take it last month was that month for me. I take it on the first of the month you see it only works for what is growing inside when you take it. I have a child from Dan in me he said I can let it grow." I get my camisole on.

"Well that makes sense, one question. If I end up with a child even after taking the poison what happens the next month I take the poison?" Sally is looking interested at the answer for this one.

"You bleed like no child, usually right away it is known for child to live through poison so it is not always work. Do not panic it has killed women they take more poison and succumb before child. These child are said to be special strong warrior, means little to you round eyes I know."

"No I follow that, I suppose if I stay with I'll stop the poison and let it come out on its own. The first is tomorrow I think." Wanda looks at Sally, she nods. "OK I'll do it your way on the first of the month. Are you going to whore after you give birth?"

"I might I'm not sure. I may need to still we are going to test a little and let Chun try for a man or two."

As we are heading down the stairs Celeste comes up with a man on her arm, he hands over four dollars and up they go. Sally hands me the four dollars and goes down with Wanda giving her tips on things to do to entice a man. I spy Chun sitting on a man's lap as they play poker laughing with the jokes. I motion to her to bounce, she does getting a smile out of him and her. I smile myself knowing he will buy time with her.

Wanda comes up smiling with a man on her arm I collect the four dollars and watch them go up, his hand on her bottom. Sally ends up in a man's lap bouncing around laughing and caressing him. Thinking she is coming on strong she does end up coming over with him on her arm. As they are going up Celeste and her latest man are coming down, he goes right on by she stops to collect the two dollars.

"He was all about finishing, unless you have a need I'd like to find another."

"No go on and find another I'm well enough, Dan gave me a good roll this morning and I'm keeping his child."

"I think it's more to do with Chad, finding the child you have been missing can do wondrous things." Celeste gives me a hug and down she goes.

Chun comes up with the man she had been bouncing on. He looks a little reticent to pay for her.

"She is fine to take for a roll?" I have to giggle at the question from him.

"Yes quite, go on up and enjoy her after you pay. She is only bruised not broken."

Chun is giggling herself as he pays then up they go, I can't help but feel a little jealous. Candice finally comes up with a man he pays then goes on ahead of her.

"He had to win enough to afford me he's handsome enough to wait for." I giggle at this Candice just grins and goes up after him.

With only Celeste on the floor still I get to watch her, she is moving between two men. Confused I keep watching they seem to be arguing over who goes first pulling her between them at short intervals. I look toward the bar to find only Dan Chad is not there, I wave to Dan until he comes over.

"Dan those two men are arguing over Celeste, go have all three come here."

Dan goes without a comment he speaks to the two men and Celeste pointing toward me. Celeste comes with a smile the two men look a little worried.

"Celeste do you have a preference on who goes first with you?"

"Nope, they are trying to figure out who can satisfy me best at the moment. Very nice to listen to though the pulling was a little much."

"I thought so as well, alright since you both seem to have the four dollars flip a coin and call sides, the winner goes first loser goes second."

emap
emap
237 Followers