Adventure in Longwood Day 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
emap
emap
237 Followers

"Why are you here? You are not to join our tribes, you have pistols."

"I have agreed to track the men who leave, with my man, my son and the sergeant with strange say. No soldiers, no shooting those who wish to live. They will be returned I shall not risk tribes, even those of the Apache to let one or a few return to the old ways and scare the round eye."

"What of those that do not seek permission to move to a new reservation?"

"They will not be found the captain has sworn to agree with what I say. I would prefer they seek permission it is only a piece of paper to carry. I will make captain leave door open to ask for paper."

The Apache man gets a smile then goes back to the men and women standing at the gate still. He speaks with them sending many running before returning, the captain comes over then followed by a soldier with four horses.

"If you would show the corporal to the medicine men or a man they wish to send for plants he and two others will ride with on the harvest. I will assume you sent word about Janet. The corporal will make sure everyone returns he wishes to learn Apache and your medicine. I have given provisions for weeks he carries money if it takes longer."

"Thank you captain, thank you Janet for helping and protecting your enemy, we are all brothers and sisters now." He leads the corporal off taking the few remaining Apache at the gate with them.

"Sir, lunch is prepared." A private says running over with a white bit of cloth tied to him like Amanda wears.

"Ah excellent, Janet if you are in no hurry I am sure there is enough. Private, make sure the sergeant has access to no more beer."

I walk with the captain toward a large building, the private runs ahead. When the soldiers start closing the gate behind us I grab his arm.

"Captain leave the doors open, not all Apache wish to learn English or beg to be let in to ask for permission."

"Closed is what they are supposed to be, you are right none have come and asked." Captain yells orders to the men a soldier pulls a box over to the gate to sit on.

Inside there are a good number of men sitting already or moving to an empty spot on the benches. I am led over to a table facing the long tables of the soldiers. I look about seeing in all eight women sitting with a man. I'm a little relieved with the number of wives until I realize there are some thirty men sitting, with another eight still outside.

"Don't worry, I won't send men every day." The captain says leaning over to speak with me.

"Well to be honest I was thinking you perhaps should let your men meet the Apache. Men are not the only ones that leave the tribe to find someone."

"Would the Apache want to?" I have to giggle at the question.

"If some of these men know how to farm daughters would be thrown at them. They are largely learning how to farm by trying, when we just wandered the land we would sprinkle seeds and come back."

Our conversation is interrupted by a soldier coming along handing out plates from a cart pushed along by a second. I can see more carts being moved along among the men.

"Captain how many men do you have?" I can see in all perhaps twelve men pushing carts and handing out plates.

"In all sixty combat soldiers, six support soldiers along with fourteen dependants, wives and children. There is a patrol out, plus the men I detailed to guard the chief and the medicine men. I am expecting another troop and a second fort to go up, seems we are doing so well they are moving more tribes here despite my protest. I think the railroad is the reason, or it is coming up at the town for us."

"You do not buy from McCalbane?"

"No, we get meat from Kansas City, there is a railroad already up to the north of us about a days' ride. He sends his cows there to be sent back, I do not know for how much he sells them."

"I've been told his cows are too expensive for the town. I know his men are paid three dollars a week he can't be selling for much to Kansas City. Likely why he is trying to get rid of Kunis, gives him more land and the town has to pay what he wants."

"Yes if he can get all of the ranches in the area he could get Kansas City to pay him more, it's only seven dollars a head right now, McCalbane wanted twelve a head."

"You asked?" I'm a little surprised at this.

"Yep, Congress wants to make it cheaper to feed the injuns. None of them will recognize if we moved them to better farmland they could feed themselves. They aren't god fearing Christians so they don't matter I suppose. I asked McCalbane last year, Kunis doesn't have a large enough herd to give us more than a few per month. Same with the two other small ranches that were here at the time, they have since sold or otherwise given up their land to McCalbane. It costs us eleven dollars per head of meat from Kansas City."

"Captain, if I may I would like to visit Kunis and see if we can get some cows from him." A sergeant to my left asks making me turn and look at him.

"Are we running out of meat or is this you trying to get a herd of our own again?"

"A herd of our own, the Apache are very good with animals they can keep the herd together and safe. As Janet has said they only need to learn how, if we can get a herd they can feed themselves and afford to buy what we don't give them, these lands are good for herds."

"Janet would you mind going with them to the ranch?" I look at the captain curiously. "All right I would feel better if you have an escort at least part of the way back."

"I suppose I could, should meet Mr. Kunis I pledged my support in case of an attack on him. What happened to the deer meat?" The captain grins at me.

"The first pack is going back with the sick chief the second pack went with the corporal for the medicine men to hand out. How did the poison go with Wanda?"

"She was not with child Celeste was and is wanting to keep the next one. Wanda was either not ready like she thought or has a strong child, we shall see in due course."

"Let's hope for not ready, hate to see her swell with a babe from that night."

"Janet if you are all set I'd prefer to get back before dark." The sergeant asks at my shoulder.

"Of course, captain you really need to return to the saloon often, the whores have an interest in you and there is poker every night." The captain smiles at me as I get up.

"I'll be by as often as I can get away with likely with the sergeant I can't keep sober our beer goes faster than we want."

I am rather impressed with how swiftly things happen in this fort. The sergeant whistles getting a private to appear almost like magic, he ran fast. After a moment of getting orders the private runs off again to lead back my horse and a very nice large brown horse for the sergeant. We are met outside of the fort by six soldiers who fall in behind us.

"I'd ask if you minded stealing a few cows from McCalbane sadly he brands his. He would come looking I am sure."

"He would, you will be able to get them cheaper to free as soon as he shows his face in town. I'm of the mind he will only send his cowboys to get me to go to his ranch. I did say anyone tries anything I will get him he had a man beat a whore and sent Barnaby to kill me. His two men died on the buildings, Barnaby was sent running."

"Why haven't you gone already then? I would have after the whore beating."

"Waiting for bow, round eyes are useless at night, to much dependence on light. Pistol and rifle are loud, bow is quiet."

"Well then I will just have to remember to not make you mad at me." I laugh at this the sergeant is smiling beside me. "Oh there is Kunis' ranch building, looks like we were spotted."

I look to see a few men looking toward us on the porch and ground of the land. There are no rifles in view though all seem to have a revolver on their hip. As we get closer a small contingent forms up and comes closer.

"What do we owe the honor of a visit from the cavalry and guest?" The man in front older then the rest asks as we get within hear of him.

"The cavalry wishes to purchase some cows from you, try and get our own herd up and running. Let the Apache watch over them and become self sufficient. Our guest here is Janet she says she swore to protect you from an attack from McCalbane."

"Well now, I can help you a little on the cows can spare oh say four of them. If you have the money of course, let's go with seven a head. You will need more I just don't have enough, big order from Kansas City I barely have enough to fill and keep enough to rebuild the herd. You should try the milk farm, the owner and his wife just got killed, it's up and running still at least they might have some cows to move. Now as for Janet, I remember one of my men coming back and saying a whore promised to come help. I was a bit underwhelmed on that you understand, seeing you now I am rethinking that."

"It is understandable I whore because I was given a need long ago by McCalbane. Sergeant our new whore Wanda is from the milk farm, come on to the town with me and you can ask her if there are cows to be had. There is a path on the other side of the town leading to the farm if there are." The sergeant and the old man are smiling at me.

"Well first things first, sergeant that will be twenty eight dollars, I'll send a man with a few of your soldiers to cull them from the herd. Shouldn't need more than three for such a small number, I promise you will get two of each so you can at least work on building a herd. Janet I am pleased to make your acquaintance, I am Mr. Ralph Kunis, call me either never bothers me none." He comes over and shakes my hand.

"If possible I'd prefer three sows the milk farm wouldn't have much besides bulls to give up." The sergeant hands over the money while Mr. Kunis ponders for a moment.

"I can do that if my men are telling me true we have extra sows, we had four birthed at the start of the summer. Jack, horse up and take the soldiers out to get a bull and three heifers, just about ready to be bred or just bred."

One of the men behind Mr. Kunis runs off for his horse. The sergeant sends four soldiers after him. Mr. Kunis watches them go then turns back to us.

"I'd invite you in for some coffee and pie just I reckon you will want to move on to the town. Janet you have my utmost appreciation for the offer and I will get a man sent to town if there is an attack. If you attack him stop here first I'll send five of my men with you, just please don't lose."

"I have too much to live for, I will do everything possible to see my man, my son, and myself walk away your men are on their own."

"I can live with that, hopefully they can as well." Mr. Kunis says chuckling.

The sergeant gets us under way to town after a thank you to Mr. Kunis. We ride along for a little while with no talking until the town comes in to view.

"Janet I find myself with a powerful curiosity, what sort of need were you speaking of?"

"Well I have the need of any woman perhaps stronger than most, I also had for the longest time a need to be with a man in bed. Not so much for the movement and pleasure that provides, but for the after when he collapses on me and I can hold him and feel appreciated. Goes back to after having my son, I was given to the men chained to the bed and just done for their pleasure. No holding after, rarely more than a spread those legs injun, one man would spit on me while he was on me. Upwards of twelve times a day for two weeks, once I was unchained it lessened, left me with a powerful need for men, I was desperate lots until Dan got me working in a brothel. I was seven men a day there, when I was not on a hunt with Dan, we did bounties as well, I think more so Dan could afford to find McCalbane. My need has lessened to more of a regular woman after finding my Chad, I guess what was broken is fixed. Not to say I'm not going to whore it's nice doing it." The sergeant is just staring at me as we enter the town.

"Good lord I'm almost sorry to have asked, about all I can say is kill him slow."

"I am undecided, I think it will wait until he is before me then I will decide. Go on in and ask for Wanda, I am going to go check on the chief." I say as we are tying our horses off, Dan comes out I wave at him then head across the street.

In all there are five soldiers leaning against the wall next to Mr. Johnson's windows. I smile at them as I go inside to find a distraught older Apache woman I look around not seeing the chief or Mr. Johnson. She points to the door next to us I thank her and go in to find the chief lying on a long table with Mr. Johnson holding something to him. I greet the chief, he answers in kind getting Mr. Johnson to jump and look about.

"Oh Janet you scared me getting him to talk."

"I wanted to check on the chief. Chief do you know round eye?" He smiles at me and nods.

"Yes learning as well as can."

"Good my round eye is better than Spanish. I got the captain to issue horses and soldiers to protect the medicine men while they get the plants they need. You won't have to come to town if you get sick again. Got him to leave the doors to the tribes open for the men to ask for permission to move to a new reservation. One other thing, they are working on getting a herd of cows for the tribes to protect and watch over, with assistance at first from the soldiers, not many cows four so far might be more coming from different farm. If a herd can be formed you can feed yourselves and sell extra to buy what you can't make."

"Sounds good, are they to help us farm as well?" I smile and nod at this.

"In a way, I told the captain to let his men mingle perhaps take a wife, many should know how to farm."

"This I like, strengthen tribe and teach us round eye way, perhaps teach round eye our way. You are good friend to Apache."

"Our way is leaving, best to learn new way before we join old way. Mr. Johnson how is the chief doing?"

"As near as I can tell he had bad vittles, should be fine in a day or two. I don't have much to give him for it besides laudanum, which is likely to make him sicker, and milk of magnesia, that one need him to visit the outhouse and take." The chief and I look at each then look back at Mr. Johnson and ask together why. "Oh apologies you are new to this, it is a rather foul tasting whitish liquid that makes you go quickly. It cleans out what is causing the problem, at least supposed to I've not actually tried it yet. I've seen it used part of what I went to the conference about. It does not cause anything besides a need to well use the outhouse."

"If makes me feel better take me to outhouse." I help the chief down from the table while Mr. Johnson goes into a small room behind this one.

When he comes back a black cup in his hand he helps the chief through the door where the woman gets up and helps walk the chief toward the back door. Mr. Johnson comes back in after a short while.

"Janet I think you have a talk waiting outside." He points I turn to look to see Dan leaning against the wall of the saloon. "Go on the chief is fine, just staying out there for a little while to let it all out."

I go outside then across the dirt to where Dan is leaning my horse taken to the stable already. I go right up to him and go into his arms Dan leans down and gives me a kiss.

"I missed you, is the meat I sent enough? How is Chad doing, that Bonita was very taken with him. If I was in her position I would have taken him right to bed."

"The meat was more than enough Amanda sat right down and stammered for a little while trying to come up with what to do with it all. As for Chad well, Bonita did just what you would have done. Benjamin for a Christian injun is a little odd, he didn't mind a single whit most Christians want to wait for marriage."

"We do that before, to make sure both can stand the other for life. Breaking of bond did not happen often, there were cases of one sleeping with not bed mate. Slightly different breaking of bond there, they do not receive honorable burial."

"Oh heavens, I do hope that is not involved for us."

"No we are only betrothed to use your term. I do not know if we could get a Cherokee wedding. I do not mind, I have you it is enough."

"Well you got more than me today your ordered items came in. Chun and Wanda are bursting to get a look at them."

I pull away from Dan with joy and go straight into the saloon. Wanda and Chun are waiting for me on the stairs they get up and follow me to my room. In my room I find two small wooden cases, a big wooden box, and two packages wrapped with paper and tied with twine.

"Which one are the camisoles?" Chun asks Wanda just stares at the array on my bed.

I giggle as I first go to the cases opening one I find the Bowie, it is a huge knife. Pulling that out to some amazed noise from Chun and Wanda I cut the twine for the packages, the bigger one holds my silk sheets. The smaller holds the camisoles these coming out gets the attention of Chun and Wanda, they had been feeling the silk sheets.

"Oh it is as amazing as I thought it would be." Chun is smiling big when I hand her the green camisole.

"They are both so lovely it is hard to decide. I reckon I'll take the blue unless you're wanting to wear the blue." Wanda is looking at me Chun is taking her shirt and camisole off.

"No go right ahead and take the blue, I favor red and always wear it. I bought the blue because it is good to change at times."

I pry the big wooden box open to find my bow and arrows. I have to search a bit for the string, finally find them at the bottom of the box in a glued bit of paper. Opening the paper I find there are two strings. I have to jump for joy a bit when I look at the bow, it is a bow the warriors used same markings. I string it fast as I can pull out an arrow and leave Chun and Wanda to get in their new camisoles. I get to the top of the stairs where I see Dan, Sally, the chief, and his woman talking.

"Ah Janet I see you wish to try out your bow. The chief came by to offer his appreciation." Dan says as I am coming down the stairs.

"I see you are feeling better, there were two bows with arrows ordered for the Apache when I ordered mine. They are likely at the store waiting if you want to get those."

"The soldiers got them, if they ordered same I guess we will be Cherokee while hunting." I giggle at this, he is smiling.

"You can change markings they are sold as injun bows. Speak with the captain he would be willing to send a letter to the company selling these and you can sell Apache bows, if you can find the trees."

"Yes this good, will speak with captain on return. Wish to pledge my tribe warriors to aid you if you need. We are not allowed guns and two bows, we do have knife and can make tomahawk."

"I was waiting for my bow to make an attack, Dan would you be up to making an attack early morning?"

"I think wait a day, see if he comes out of hiding and attacks us first. Like Chad said he was training his cowboys to shoot. Chief speak with the captain and tell him we are requesting ten of your warriors with horses, I have Winchesters for ten. Janet will want to make a quiet approach so make sure they are good warriors, send them to town tomorrow after dark." The chief and I are smiling big at this.

"Will send twenty know of many who good at going quiet. Have question, possible to send girls here for same work as Janet?" Dan and I look at Sally, she is smiling big.

"Yes please, not yet need to build new saloon with more rooms. Once that is up the crew to build it will be here in a few days I would say three at a time. At least for now want to see how many letters I get in response to my advertisement. Janet we need more of your good days."

"What was sign for you?" The chief is looking at me with an interested expression on his face.

"Bird emptied nest above my window, all five birds flew." The chief's wife gets an amazed look and speaks to him in Apache.

emap
emap
237 Followers