Adventures of Hollywood Jim Ch. 52

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Laura eased her slender frame into the Corvette and the powerful rumble of its engine reverberated in the garage as she started it up. She checked herself in the mirror before putting on some stylish sunglasses.

"Bye, babe." She said as she blew me a kiss and the Vette roared out of the garage.

"Ciao, Bella." I said in my best Italian

I stood alone now.

It had been quite a night, to say the least.

I looked at my phone which showed me my appointments for the day. In thinking about the lawsuit, for some reason I didn't feel as nervous as before, in fact I was very curious about the whole process.

"Let's see what happens, Hollywood." I said to myself as the SLK smoothly started up and I headed out into the Los Angeles morning.

As I drove back home, my cellphone rang.

It was the company's lawyer, Michael Baldwin.

"Jim, get yourself a good suit and be ready tomorrow morning we have a meeting at the courthouse." He said

"They've made a decision on the lawsuit?"

"Yes, that's what I've been told. The judge has gone over the evidence presented, all the depositions. If they go forward with the case, they'll need to interview you."

"Wow, uh, OK. What time?"

"I'll pick you up at 8 o'clock and drive you there."

"OK, see you then."

As I drove on, the nerves I'd been feeling about this case started coming back. I didn't know what to expect if I saw Marty again.

I barely slept all night, even Smokie the cat knew something was up. When 8 am arrived, Michael arrived on time in a huge black Mercedes sedan. I had on my best suit and tried to tell myself everything would be fine.

"Good choice of suit, Jim." Michael said as he stood by the passenger door "let's go."

I climbed in the back seat and got the surprise of my life.

"Hey, baby."

It was Blake Lively, looking all business in a navy skirt and blazer combo. Her blonde hair was tied in a loose ponytail. She gave me a quick kiss as I sat down next to her.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I asked

"Moral support, Michael is my lawyer too so I thought it would be good to be here for you."

"You've been so nervous lately and I thought you could use a familiar face at a time like this." Michael added

"Well I guess I can't argue with that." I said as I looked at her

She gave my hand a squeeze and smiled.

As we pulled up to the courthouse, I was surprised to see a cadre of photographers.

"Marty has obviously been trying this case in the media, this all goes back to the stuff with Tigress that happened New Years Eve. Unfortunately this is Hollywood, my friend." Michael said before leaning in close to me "Now, like I said, keep quiet no matter what's being said."

"Just follow my lead, Jim. I've done this a lot, put your blinders on and we'll be OK." Blake said

As we stepped out a barrage of camera clicks could be heard and reporters shouting questions, they hadn't counted on Blake being there and that only made things even more chaotic. Michael quickly hustled us inside and through the metal detectors. We made our way down a hallway to what seemed like a conference room. Down the hallway I saw Marty O'Brien outside a similar room. He had lost some weight and was with his own legal team. But what really surprised me was a short brunette haired girl wearing a gold sweater and grey slacks who walked past Marty and then past us. It looked like Laura, the girl I'd met at the Polo Lounge. But what was she doing here?

"OK, I need to talk to someone here, I'll be just a minute." Michael said as he led us in the room and closed the door.

Blake sat down and got out her IPhone and started a text message.

"How can you do that at a time like this?" I said, surprised at how cool she could be.

"Jim, don't worry about this, you're gonna be fine. I just know it." She said calmly

I took a deep breath and nodded in agreement.

The door opened and Michael stepped in.

"OK, I need your signature on this, it's the deposition you did in my office. This will be the official copy going into the court records."

I looked over it and saw it was a perfect transcription of the meeting I had with Michael in his office.

I took a pen and signed as calmly as I could. At times like this, my signature always looked terrible, and this was no exception as I tried signing my full name, complete with middle initial.

"OK, we're ready to roll. I shouldn't be too long." He said as he left the room.

I was alone with Blake.

"So, what's new in Gossip Girl land?" I asked her, making us both laugh.

Fifteen minutes later, Michael returned.

"So, feel like celebrating?" he asked

"Celebrating?"

"Marty's case was thrown out of court, insufficient evidence on his part. We had all we needed to prove you did nothing wrong and he did everything wrong.

"So...?" I asked, my excitement building

"You're in the clear, my friend."

Blake immediately hugged me

"Oh my god, I'm so happy for you!" she said excitedly

"I have some loose ends to clear up with the court but you're free to go, there's a private exit to the garage where the car will pick you up and take you home." Michael said as he looked at us "...or wherever else you two choose to go."

I was still in shock that this nightmare was over before it had even begun, I was practically shaking.

"Geez, Michael I don't know what to say." I somehow said

"Say thank you and accept my offer of dinner tonight." He replied.

"We accept!" Blake immediately said with her classic smile.

"The lady knows just what to say." Michael said as we shook hands "I'll call you later on."

We all walked out of the conference room victorious, Michael went back to the court room, while Blake and I started towards the elevators.

"Oh! I've got an idea about dinner, let me go find Michael" I said

"OK, I need to make a couple of calls."

She gave me a quick kiss and went off.

I walked down the hall towards the court room Michael had entered and suddenly heard screaming and several loud "pops".

"What the..." I started to say

Suddenly my leg felt like it had exploded from within and I fell to the ground. My side felt like it was on fire. I didn't know what was happening to me but I looked at my leg and saw blood, a lot of blood.

What was happening to me? I couldn't move.

I heard explosive sounds down the hallway and bits of the wall hit the ground

What's happening?

I was terrified.

I still couldn't move, my leg and side ached.

Then I looked up and saw something I could scarcely believe, something that terrified me even more.

Marty O'Brien, he was staggering somewhat and his suit was bloodied. His face was ashen but his eyes clear and focused. He was holding what seemed like a 9mm pistol.

His hand raised the gun and he looked down at me.

"You bastard...this is all your fault...ALL YOUR FAULT!!!" He said through clenched teeth.

Oh my god, I couldn't even speak at this moment.

Somehow I found the strength to move my arm over my face and close my eyes.

I didn't want to see what was next.

All I heard was a bang that echoed in the long corridor before everything went black.