Adventures with Leslie Ch. 23

Story Info
Halloween party gone astray.
3.4k words
4.47
14.3k
1
0

Part 23 of the 25 part series

Updated 10/11/2022
Created 08/19/2007
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 23 – Hell-oween

How could one simple question throw life into such a whirlwind? My week had been a nightmare. I had not eaten all that much due to a severe lack of appetite. I hadn't slept all that much either. I spent the week in my own room instead of sleeping next to Brooke for fear that I would bother her with my restlessness. I also didn't want her to sense that something was wrong. Her sister's proposal was haunting me.

I couldn't focus at work; I was drifting off into space while driving. I was a complete mess because of what Leslie had put out there. I had no idea how I was going to handle her party and her apparent request for an answer. As Friday approached I was in a state of mass hysteria and confusion.

I had to admit, Leslie's argument was convincing. She was beautiful, talented, and smart and would make a great partner. She needed to be taken care of emotionally but she was a flamethrower in the bedroom. The thought of sharing my life with her and still being allowed to play the game was entirely appealing. She needed protection and security, while I needed self-confidence and warmth; these were certainly things we could help each other with. I did genuinely care for her.

Then there was the flip side of all that. All the what-ifs. I had just ruined a marriage by being part of this game; did I want to do that again? Was I ready to be married again? Did I love Leslie or did I just long to take care of her or was it strictly empathy I felt? How could she put me in this position? What if I said yes and she got to clingy and ended the game? What if I said no and she was too insulted and ended the game?

HOLY SHIT!

My mind was racing like Jeff Gordon at Daytona. This was insane. The week flew by and Friday was here in no time. My thoughts betrayed me as Brooke sensed something was not right on Friday morning before I left for work. It felt like she thought I was angry with her or something like that. It's funny how we always put things going on around us in terms of ourselves.

I arrived at Leslie's right on time. Part of me wanted to arrive early and hash this situation out with her. Part of me wanted to not go at all since this was tormenting me so much. I rang the doorbell and Emma answered, looking lovely. She had on a simple black dress and black pumps, very elegant. Her hair was down and her smile still got to me. I entered the house and kissed her on the cheek.

"You still take my breath away," I whispered as I pulled my face away.

Thank god I said it as low as I did because I then noticed Jack standing beside me. I was not expecting him to be there. I assessed the situation, noticing there were a lot of people there.

"Another prospective client function," Emma said to me softly.

I moved into the kitchen and saw that no one had a costume on, so much for Halloween. I found Penny by the glass doors that led to the backyard. I knew to stay close to her, she kept me feeling safe. Leslie made her way over to me as I opened a beer and made some small talk with the couple that Penny was standing with. This was nuts.

"Don't worry, I have something special planned for later," Leslie said to me as she kissed me on the cheek to greet me.

I wondered what that could possibly mean. I was not looking forward to this conversation at all. As she walked away, I further surveyed the rooms of the house that I could see from where I was standing, there were a lot of people there. I milled around, trying to find Brooke.

After several rooms and some time passing, I finally caught a glimpse of her. She was standing out back on the patio with a man and women. They appeared engaged in a deep conversation so I decided against joining them. I wanted to tell her so badly what I was going through, but didn't want to bother or burden her. I watched her talk for several moments and then made my way back into the living room.

Before I could attempt to locate anyone, Emma grabbed me by the arm and began pulling me across the room with her. She introduced me to a lovely couple, Jim and Heidi Weiss. He was in his mid 30's with an average building for a blue collar guy, a shade over 6 feet, black hair with very little grey and a full mustache. She was a firecracker. 5 feet 1, only about 80 pounds of her with very high, curled blonde hair and a lot of makeup, probably about 5 years younger than her husband. Jim was a private developer and was looking for a law firm to do business with. While business was the initial topic, Emma quickly steered us to sports where, quite surprisingly, Heidi was well versed.

It turns out that Heidi was a gymnast at UCLA and was an Olympic alternate in 2000. She knew a lot and kept me well distracted for quite a while as we talked. Baseball, football, hockey, basketball, golf, tennis – Heidi kept up with me on all of them, especially the NFL. Jim had Chargers season tickets so she could wear her powder blue jersey to the games. She was totally charming and I lost myself in our discussion.

I was so mesmerized by my conversation with Heidi that I did not notice that almost two hours had passed. As I now looked around there were only a few people left, as the party had started to dissolve. I was now only half listening to what Heidi was currently saying about the Chargers defense. My attention was focused on what was going on around me again after I had lost myself in this conversation for quite a while. The scene was now very complicated, once again.

As I looked around the living room, I saw Emma still speaking with Jim, while Brooke, Penny and Vivian were seated together on the couch. All of there eyes were on me. Leslie was saying goodnight to another couple at the front door, leaving Jim and Heidi as the only remaining guests. I was too aware of all the looks I was receiving to get lost in the conversation with Heidi again.

I was quite relieved when Jim announced that it was time for him and Heidi to call it an evening. They said their goodnights and made there way to the door where Leslie was waiting for them. After she saw them out, she returned to the living room.

"Tonight was another success," she announced to us all.

"You did great," Emma said to me. "You kept Heidi busy enough for me to get a commitment from Jim. She is usually the roadblock, but you handled her well."

"It looked like Heidi wanted to handle him right back," Penny chuckled.

"We have to use our assets to our advantage," Emma reminded her.

"Where's Jack," I asked her, remembering the look he gave me when I arrived.

"He went home to relieve the babysitter since Lola was not feeling well," she admitted.

"I hate to interrupt," Leslie declared, "but I think it's time we had some fun."

"Good idea," Vivian agreed.

"What's on tonight's menu," Emma inquired.

"It is a Halloween party," Leslie reminded us. "So, let's have a costume contest. Vivian, Brooke, Penny and I will all go get dressed and you two can be the judges. The winner gets him for 15 minutes."

All three women on the couch immediately voiced their support for this plan. Leslie led them up the stairs as Emma and I took a seat on the couch and waited for our contestants to be ready. We sat laughing and talking for several minutes when I decided I needed clarification on something.

"Are you ever coming back to the game," I asked her bluntly, intoxicated by the way she looked tonight.

"I already told you maybe someday," she reiterated. "But it's not going to be today."

"I remember you saying that," I confessed. "But, it's different now. I am a little confused about a lot of things going on and you would have a great calming impact to the game. I think you would see that if you jumped back in."

"I don't know if I could come back without being in charge," she revealed. "I love Leslie and if this is helping her, I don't want to take it away."

Before I could verbalize my next thought, our first contestant arrived in front of us. It was Penny and she looked awesome. She had on a red spaghetti strap lace top that ended well above her belly button and red lace micro shorts. She had red devil horns on her head and was holding a plastic red and black pitchfork. She had red, patent leather pumps on her feet to compliment the outfit. I was blown away. Emma and I agreed to score each girl on a scale of 1-10 for how they looked. We agreed to each score them independently and then compare notes when we were done. For Penny I immediately wrote down a 9.5 as a score. She was going to be tough to beat for me.

Vivian was the next one to saunter down the stairs. As she made her way into the living room I chuckled to myself, thinking how appropriate her costume was. She looked terrific in a white tube top and sheer white mini skirt. She had on plastic white wings with a golden halo above them, which was slightly tilted to the right side. On her feet were white 4 inch sandals. She was completely lovely and very appropriate as the angel of the game. I only scored her at an 8 because Penny had set the bar very high.

Brooke was the next one to make her way into the living room. She looked ravishing. She was wearing a short black dress with puffy shoulders and a wide skirt over which there was a maid's apron. She had on black fishnet stockings and black patent leather peep toe pumps with a thin wooden heel. She was holding a feather duster in her hand and she smiled as she twirled around in front of me. She took my breath away. I glanced from her back to Penny before writing down a score of 9. Penny was still leading on my card.

Finally, Leslie appeared before us and Emma began giggling. She could not control herself; she was laughing and trying to hold it in. I looked at Leslie who was wearing a uniform from Hooters. She had on the white tank top and shiny orange shorts. She was also wearing tan pantyhose and instead of sneakers, she had on white pumps. I thought she looked great, a little hokey for the contest but great nonetheless. I could feel Emma still shaking with laughter beside me. I wrote down a score of 8, most because I had never scored with a Hooters girl before and that would be hot.

The ladies all looked at us and Emma looked at me. We exchanged glances and could not get on the same page at all. I had no idea what she was thinking.

"Let's go in the kitchen and decide," Emma said to me, still not able to control her laughing fit.

She stood from the couch and led the way into the kitchen. I followed, still wondering what the hell was so funny.

"What are you laughing at," I asked as we entered the confines of the kitchen.

"Leslie used to work at Hooters in college," she laughed riotously. "That is her actual uniform and I can't believe it still fits."

"That is cool," I admitted, sounding like a horny 12 year-old. "How did you score it?"

"I had Penny at 9, Vivian at 8, Brooke at 9.5 and Leslie at 1," she revealed.

"Leslie at 1," I repeated. "That's not fair. You are a very harsh critic. Actually, we have a tie. I have Penny at 9.5 and Brooke at 9."

"Oh, that complicates things," she stated. "Brooke looked so great that I wanted to fuck her myself. What do you think we should do about this dilemma?"

"You call it," I deferred to her. "It's certainly not fair if I choose."

"Ok, let me go look at them again," she said as she headed back into the living room.

I stayed in the kitchen and waited. While I was waiting, Leslie made her way into the kitchen and opened the fridge. She retrieved a bottle of water for herself and then turned to me.

"I hope you picked me so we can discuss our situation," she said to me.

"Leslie, I am not sure what our situation is," I admitted. "You have me all wound up."

"It's not that big a deal," she downplayed it. "Like I said, it's paperwork and a mailing address."

"Leslie, it's more than that and you know it," I challenged her. "Any marriage is more than paperwork and a mailing address."

"Marriage," Vivian interrupted us. "Who is getting married?"

"Hopefully, the two of us," Leslie informed her. "I asked him to marry me."

Vivian's face was in full shock, as was mine. I could not believe Leslie had just come out so freely with that information. I could not rationalize how to respond to her.

"YOU FUCKING BITCH," Vivian screamed at her.

"Fuck You," Leslie fired back. "This has nothing to do with you. I was sharing that information to be courteous. Don't act like a child Vivian."

"This has a lot to do with me," Vivian countered. "I am in love with him and you know it. Why would you do something like that? Don't you care about anyone but yourself?"

"I need him to make me feel safe," Leslie disclosed. "I am not safe with myself. The game can go on after we are married. Everyone wins here."

"SELFISH CUNT," Vivian screamed as she slapped Leslie across the face, resulting in the loudest crack of skin on skin that I have ever heard.

Leslie crumbled to the kitchen floor beneath the force of the blow. Emma, who had now reentered the kitchen, quickly knelt down to check on Leslie. I stared at Vivian in complete disbelief. Leslie insisted she was alright and Emma helped her get to her feet.

We all stood there, Leslie holding her cheek, without saying a word. Leslie suddenly burst past Emma and shoved Vivian backwards, causing the small of her back to crash into the kitchen counter. I caught Vivian as she started to fall to the floor and Emma restrained Leslie.

"You can't run this game half as good as my sister, bitch," Vivian yelled at Leslie as I scooped her up from her knees. Emma motioned with her head and I escorted Vivian into the living room.

I sat Vivian on the couch while both Brooke and Penny were staring at us. I said nothing, though I continued to stare at Vivian. A moment later, Emma and Leslie reappeared. Emma sat Leslie across the room and looked at me.

"What the fuck is going on," Emma inquired openly.

"Fuckface over the asked him to marry her," Vivian revealed.

All eyes were now on Leslie. She did not speak, she simply nodded.

"Did you say yes," Penny asked me, her voice cracking and tears starting to form in her eyes.

"I didn't say anything," I admitted, feeling now like a coward.

"What were you going to say," Brooke asked, also looking quite emotional at that moment.

"I was going to say that I am not marriage material right now," I mustered up. "I just ended one because I played this game. I have to get comfortable with myself before I ask someone else to get comfortable with me forever. This game is not only about me. I care for each of you greatly and a proposal like that is just too much pressure. Leslie, I am sorry."

"Too bad for you," Vivian mocked Leslie.

Leslie bolted from her seat to get at Vivian but I was able to intercept her and move her back away from Vivian. Vivian, though, took advantage of my restraining Leslie and mocked her further.

"Boo hoo, poor you," Vivian laughed at her. "Guess you are not getting what you want."

"Shut the fuck up, Viv," Emma said to her sharply.

"Yeah, bitch, let's see when you get to see him again," Leslie snarled. "Remember, it's my game."

Tears were streaming down Penny's cheeks now. Brooke turned and walked out of the room, heading up the stairs. I put Leslie back in the chair she had been sitting in and released her. As I turned towards Penny, Vivian bolted to get at Leslie. I intercepted her before she could get to Leslie, but Leslie stood up from the chair she was in and slapped Vivian in the face while I restrained her.

"Payback, bitch," Leslie laughed.

Emma grabbed Leslie and forced her backwards, creating space between the two volatile women.

"Take Vivian home," Emma instructed me.

"Bye, bitch," Leslie yelled at her. "Remember it's my game."

"Not anymore," Emma corrected her firmly and loudly. "We have a mess on our hands, not a game right now. Everyone go home."

I grabbed Vivian by the hand and led her out of the house, stopping only to grab her purse on the way to the door. We got in my car and I drove her to her condo complex. She did not say a word on the ride and when we reached the complex, she exited the car without as much as a sound. I watched her walk up the stone sidewalk towards her building and debated following her, but decided against it. When I saw that she had opened her front door and was safely inside her unit, I headed home.

When I reached Brooke's, her car was in the driveway. I parked and headed inside. As I came through the door I could see Brooke was seated at the kitchen table. She had a coffee mug in her hand and there was one on the table across from her as well. I closed the door and took the seat across from her. She was now wearing my gray t-shirt and her gray sweatpants. She looked so huggable when she was dressed like that.

I stared at her and drank the coffee in front of me. She did not say a word to me, so I waited to speak, wondering what she was thinking. She put her cup down on the table and stood from her chair. I stood as well, wondering what she was going to do or say. She stepped around the table and stood directly in front of me. She lowered her head, placing her forehead directly on my chest. She sighed loudly.

"Is that why you didn't sleep with me all week," she asked softly.

"Yes," I replied simply.

"Because you were conflicted or because you wanted to say yes," she pressed.

"Because I was very conflicted," I confessed.

"Emma said she would call tomorrow to let us know what's going to happen," she revealed. "Will you hold me tonight?"

She looked up at me. I leaned down and kissed her very softly on the lips. I scooped her up into my arms and carried her up the stairs. I pushed open the door to her bedroom with my foot.

"I love you," she whispered as she buried her face in my neck.

I felt a single tear form in my eye as I laid her down on the bed. I very badly wanted to respond but said nothing. I was conflicted with all that had happened tonight. I meant it when I said I cared for all the women in this game, but there was no other place that I wanted to be right now. I felt like I was betraying Penny and Vivian and Emma and Leslie, but I couldn't help it. I kicked off my shoes and climbed into bed with Brooke. I pulled her close to me and held her tight. I put thoughts of any of the other women in the game out of mind, because when I didn't the conflict I felt dominated my mind.

I wondered what tomorrow would bring.