Adventures with Leslie Ch. 25

Story Info
Emma names a new Leader of the Game.
3.2k words
4.49
12k
2
0

Part 25 of the 25 part series

Updated 10/11/2022
Created 08/19/2007
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 25 – A New Beginning

When we arrived at the office the next morning, I was tense. I held Brooke's hand for the entire drive over. I held her hand as we entered the building and on the elevator ride. I held her hand as I turned the handle of the door to enter the office suite. I held her hand and led her through the door into the office.

I was still holding her hand when Leslie emerged from her office and saw us. She looked at me, then at our joined hands and then back at me. Her face gave nothing away.

"Conference room," was all she said before disappearing back into her office.

I opened the glass door to the conference room and held it for Brooke. I finally released her hand and she passed in front of me into the room. There was coffee and pastries on the table waiting for us. Penny was already seated at the far end of the table. Brooke made her way over to Penny and kissed her on the cheek lightly. She sat next to Penny, though no words were exchanged.

I poured myself a cup of coffee and sat at the end of the table, directly opposite the head, where I assumed Emma would sit. We were all joined by Leslie a moment later. She said nothing when she seated herself next to Brooke. There was a sense of tension in the room, but Leslie did not appear angry.

I sat silent, drinking my coffee as I waited with the three women at the table with me. Several minutes later Emma burst through the glass door and into the conference room, with Vivian close behind her. As expected, she made her way to the head of the table and sat down. Vivian sat directly on her right, across from Penny.

"Viv, move down one seat," Emma instructed her.

Emma then motioned for me to come and sit next to her. I stood from my chair and walked to the seat that Vivian had just moved from. When I was seated Emma hit the speaker button on the phone that sat on the table and began to dial.

"Who are you calling," I whispered. "We're all here."

"We need help, so I am getting us the best help there is," Emma replied.

I listened as the phone rang loudly through the speaker.

"Hello," a husky voice came through the speaker.

"Bill, it's Emma," she announced. "Good morning."

"Good morning to you," Bill replied. "I assume you are all together there."

"Yes, Bill, everyone's here," Emma declared.

"And he's there, right," Bill questioned.

"Yes, Bill, I am present and accounted for," I announced.

"Good to talk to you again, kid," Bill stated. "Let's get this mess sorted out for you all."

"We appreciate you taking the time to help, Bill," I said graciously.

Emma looked at me, smiling. She must have been pleased with my demeanor towards Bill and this situation already.

"Ok then, Emma, start with a vote," Bill suggested.

"Ok, everyone who wants the game to continue, please raise your hand now," Emma requested.

Vivian's arm shot up next to me. Penny's hand also eagerly was raised, as was Brooke's and Leslie's. I looked around in a small state of shock that they were all so emphatic that they wanted this to go on. I raised my hand more out of respect for these dedicated women than for my desire to keep being passed around between them, though that was not an unappealing prospect.

"Every hand is raised," Emma announced to the speaker box on the phone.

"Well then, you all have some things to iron out," Bill responded. "I am gonna give you folks some advice and then I am going to take Bonnie to breakfast."

There was something so comforting about Bill. He seemed to know how to guide us without being pushy. His tone of voice was sincerely and protective at the same time. Plus, he had played his own game, a game that Emma was apparently a big part of, so he had first hand experience to draw from for guidance.

"Gang," Bill continued, "remember what this game is about. It is about losing yourself for small pieces of time. It takes a strong leader and stronger players. It's not just about maximizing your personal pleasure; it's about caring for each other and minimizing the pain of life. Remember to take care of each other and not just yourselves. That is what this game is truly about."

"Bill, it's Vivian," I heard her speak up next to me.

I now realized there were tears falling from her eyes.

"Hey kiddo," Bill replied. "Long time no see. Tyler misses you."

"I miss him to, rub his belly for me," Vivian giggled through her tears and sobs.

I was unsure what kind of animal Tyler was, but I was guessing a dog.

"Bill," Vivian went on, "Thank you for taking care of all of us and helping us keep things in perspective. I've made some mistakes."

"Sweetheart, stop crying," Bill consoled her over the phone. "Vivian, everyone makes mistakes from time to time, but the people around you that care about you will help you through them each time. Trust in that. Em, it sounds like you can take it from here. Best of luck to all of you, I hope to see you all soon. And kid, if you need to talk, feel free to call me, Em has the number."

"Thank you again, Bill," I said. "I will certainly take you up on that offer."

"No thanks needed, I have been where you are at and I look forward to speaking with you again soon," Bill admitted. "Be good, all of you."

We heard the line on the speaker of the phone disconnect. Emma pushed the button shutting the phone off. Everyone sort of looked around the table at each other, but no one spoke. Vivian rose slowly from her seat and walked around the table to where Leslie was sitting. Vivian pulled out the chair next to her and sat down. She then took Leslie's hand in her own and held it.

We all watched this unfold, but none of us knew what to make of it. Leslie's reaction revealed that she was as surprised as the rest of us. Leslie did not appear angry and was very receptive of Vivian gesture. What were we supposed to do now?

"You and I are going to make the decision on how to proceed," Emma said to me. "We just need a little information."

She turned to face the four women sitting to her left.

"Each of you is going to have the opportunity to speak your mind and then we will deliberate on what to do," she broadcasted. "Penny, you go first."

Penny sat up straight in her chair and looked down the table at the other women.

"He took me home," Penny stated. "To a home that was as broken and dysfunctional as they get. He stood by me when I needed him the absolute most. He protected me and cared for me the way a real man should. For that, I would follow him to hell and back. I trust him to guide us and take care of us. That's all."

I was blown away by her statement. I looked across the table at her and there were no tears in her eyes just raw emotion. She was calm and collected, very much the Penny I adored. I had not realized how much I had missed her. In that moment I felt further conflicted about my current feelings for Brooke. Their recent evolution and depth was clouding my mind.

"Brooke, you're next," Emma told her.

Brooke looked around and then locked her eyes on mine.

"I agree with Penny," she declared. "I trust him to make the best decision for all of us. While I am the newest to the game, I have in my short time, seen his true colors and I am hooked."

Her statement was short and concise and it rang of what she had said to me yesterday at home. I had a tough time taking my eyes off of her when Vivian began to speak.

"I was being selfish," she began. "I love him and I was only thinking of how that impacted me. I felt like Bill was talking directly to me this morning when he said take care of each other and not just yourselves. I care for you all and I will be better from now on, I promise."

I was impressed with her honesty and sincerity. She opened herself up for a lot of comebacks, but no one said a word. We all waited, straining not to be the first to talk after what had come from Vivian.

"Vivian, that was very honest and refreshing," Emma complimented her as she broke the silence. "Leslie, you are the only one left."

"I know," Leslie growled, though she was still holding Vivian's hand. "Vivian, Bill was not talking to you this morning, he was talking to me."

"He was talking to every single one of us," I interrupted her. "No one has been perfect, least of all me. Let's not pass the blame or hurt around anymore. Let's take care of each other, as Bill suggested."

"You told me similar things when I was debating whether or not to take this game on," she reminded me. "You warned me of the responsibility of the other women and not just you and me. I was foolish and selfish and reckless. This mess is all my fault and I am truly sorry to all of you. I promise to work hard to get it back to what it was if you let me."

She was heartfelt and humbled. I wanted to give her a hug but I knew that would be the wrong thing to do at this moment. Though neither of them addresses each other, the gap between Leslie and Vivian seemed to have been mended, or at least started to mend.

"Ok, thank you for all that you shared," Emma stated. "Now, all of you go take a break and come back in an hour. We should have a decision by then."

All the women stood from the table and headed for the door. Vivian and Leslie embraced tightly before they exited. I was a nervous wreck. What was the next step? What were our options? When the door closed behind Penny, who was the last one out, Emma did not waste a moment.

"What are we going to do," she asked me.

"I'm not sure," I admitted. "What choices do we have? They all want to continue, but there are a lot of weaknesses that have shown through."

"Leslie can't lead anymore," Emma declared. "She's too weak, emotionally. Vivian is too emotionally tied in, so she's out too."

I looked at her, digesting what she had just said and agreeing with both assessments. What could we do? How could we get the game back on track? The answer seemed extremely simple to me.

"Why don't you come back and lead us again," I suggested eagerly.

"I don't think that would be a good idea right now," she disclosed in a very somber voice.

"Actually, it's a perfect idea right now," I disagreed quickly. "You said you didn't know if you could come back and not lead. Here's your chance to lead again. Tell them I made the choice and let it fall on me. Then you are back in business."

She looked at me longingly across the table. I stared at her anxiously, hoping she would see my points and agree with me.

"Now is not the right time for me," she said again firmly, much to my dismay.

"Emma, everyone was being very raw and honest today," I reminded her. "Let me join them. I miss you terribly and loved when you ran the game. There is no one else I would rather have running this thing. You care about all of those women and that will keep you from being unfair. This makes very good sense and the timing is right."

I could see her eyes get a bit misty. She stared at me again, like she were reading my thoughts and attempting to find an argument for them. A small tear began to escape her left eye, but she caught it and composed herself before she replied.

"I will be honest too then," she exhaled. "That bit with Sienna still has me shaken. I worry about my kids and what I could expose them too. I am not past it yet. I don't want my children to pay for anything that I did, that cost is mine. I think often of returning to this game, but right now I cannot find a way to make it work and still keep them completely isolated. I am making progress with it and maybe someday I will return, but not today."

That was it. Her tone and demeanor indicated that the conversation was over. Emma was not going to be running the game again right now. I knew it and I accepted it immediately. I looked at her, waiting for the next direction in our deliberation to come.

"Leslie and Vivian can't do it," she reminded me. "And I think Brooke is too new to the game and possibly too young to understand how much it would take."

"Ok, I agree with all of those evaluations," I concurred. "Do you have someone else in mind?"

I waited for her to direct me. She looked at me as if the answer should be obvious.

"Don't you see it," she laughed at me. "There is only one choice left."

I waited and thought before I said anything. The gap of silence seemed to be well past appropriate so I responded with the only person I could think of.

"I didn't think I could run the game," I explained. "As the only male player I thought I was not 'eligible' to be in charge."

"You're not, silly," she giggled. "Which leaves..."

I had no clue. Who was I missing? What could I not see?

"Which leaves me confused," I revealed. I thought of myself as a smart guy, but I was lost. "Not Bill, right?"

"No, not Bill," she confirmed. "Who do you have the deepest connection to in the game?"

I thought for a moment and then it hit me. I am such a dumb ass sometimes. The answer was directly in front of my face.

"So Penny is the choice then," I said, half asking.

"Penny is the only choice left," she repeated. "Lucky for us, she is also the right choice right now."

I thought about it for a few minutes. I sat back in my chair and thought about all Penny and I had been through together in this game. She was beautiful and smart. I certainly cared for her greatly. She understood me and knew I would protect her whenever I could. We had a great relationship and I felt great loyalty to her. Our communication was by far the best in the game and we were truly connected. I was suddenly overly confident that this was a very good choice.

"How do we break the news to everyone," I asked Emma. "Penny will do a wonderful job leading us."

"We do it all together," she insisted. "I want them all here and we will tell them. Then Penny can stay behind and I will give her some guidance. I expect this will shake her a little before she settles into a rhythm."

"You will be there for her when she needs you, right" I asked, protecting Penny as usual.

"Of course," she confirmed. "You need not worry."

The ladies had not left the office. They were all milling around in the lobby, waiting. Emma called them all back into the conference room. They each sat on the same side of the table again, waiting still. There was great anticipation in each of their eyes. Emma did not make them wait long.

"We have reached a decision," Emma announced.

They all stared at her intently; dying to know what was going to happen to the great game. The each had a different look on their face that asked the same question, how are we going to get back to good?

"The game will continue," Emma continued.

They all finally exhaled and seemed collectively pleased with that decision. They all quickly returned their focus back to Emma, knowing there was more to come.

"We will have a new leader," Emma declared. "It's someone who we all can trust and someone who will do right by every one of us. It's someone who will take it seriously but also have fun with it. She has earned this."

They were all fixated on Emma, desperately waiting for the name to escape her lips.

"It's your game now, Penny," Emma stated, looking Penny directly in the eye.

Penny looked shocked. Her face was white as a ghost. Vivian was clapping and Leslie was smiling. Brooke looked across the table at me and nodded in approval. Penny still had not moved and her mouth was open in what appeared to be disbelief. Emma had pegged her reaction exactly right.

"Pen, are you alright," I asked her.

"I can't do it," she whispered, so low that I barely heard her. "I am not ready for this."

She looked terrified more so than shaken, as Emma predicted.

"You will do great," I reassured her. "I have complete faith in you and all these women trust you, now more than ever. We need your strength to lead us forward. You are the perfect choice for all of us."

"I don't want to let anyone down," she said, exhaling heavily, in a gesture of almost surrender.

"That sentiment is exactly why you won't let any of us down," Brooke chimed in. ""I haven't always been your biggest fan and we may have gotten off on the wrong foot, but I believe in you."

Penny's face turned quickly into delightful surprise. She looked at Brooke with great appreciation. Her eyes were big and I could almost hear her mind racing with ideas already.

"Thank you," Penny replied to Brooke. "You can't know what that means to me coming from you."

Emma interrupted the lovely moment.

"Ok, everyone out," Emma exclaimed. "Penny and I have some things to review. Tonight at Midnight Penny's game begins. I suggest you all be on your best behavior."

I stood and followed Leslie, Vivian and Brooke out of the conference room. I held the main suite door open for Brooke as we headed back to the car. I looked back over my shoulder before exiting to see Emma and Penny were in a discussion already. Emma was very animated, talking fast with her hands. I knew Penny was hanging on every word. She truly did not want to let any of us down.

She would get it together; she just needed a minute to adjust, think and plan her game.

Penny was going to be great.