Affair of the Heart Ch. 06

Story Info
Sophie makes a deal or does she?
1.3k words
4.13
7.4k
1

Part 6 of the 14 part series

Updated 10/18/2022
Created 02/10/2012
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Sophie was pissed. She couldn't believe all that had happened. It was all so confusing for her. People she trusted were conspiring together. Her mother was in love with another man and not just any man. She was in love with Matt's dad. How could this happen?

Sophie watched as her mother went upstairs. She was determined to have it out with her. She waited till everyone else had gone downstairs. Then she went upstairs. She opened her mother's bedroom door and stormed in. She found Beth getting dressed. Beth turned around, covering herself with her robe.

"How could you," Sophie demanded.

"You broke the rules." Beth started. "I thought we had an agreement."

"That's not what I am talking about," Sophie lamented. "How could you do this to daddy"?

"Do what? I love your father," Beth declared.

"But you and...Matt's dad," Sophie hesitated.

"There is nothing between me and Matt's dad." Beth stated.

"Oh, come on mother, I heard you. I saw you, in the kitchen" Sophie said.

"What you saw were two people having...,"Beth trailed off.

"Having an affair," Sophie finished.

"No, we were just having tea. What you saw was just two people having tea," Beth stated firmly.

"I want to make love to you so bad it hurts," Sophie mimicked.

"I never said such a thing," Beth declared.

"True, but John did and he was talking to you." Sophie insisted.

"You always were a creative, a somewhat imaginative child," Beth mused.

"Imaginative! Did I imagine that he untied your robe...and that you, uh...uh, grabbed his uh...oh I can't even bring myself to say it," Sophie said as she walked about the room.

"I don't know what you're implying, nothing like that happened," Beth objected.

"Oh mother, give it up! I know what's going on. I heard, I saw it," Sophie charged.

Beth knew Sophie was right. She knew what she had to do. She knew what the cost could be if she didn't. She couldn't let that happen. She couldn't ruin the lives of two families.

"Ok, ok," she said quietly. "If I tell you everything, what do you want?"

"Tell me," she insisted.

"I met John back before you...even before Jeremiah was born." Beth stated.

"That's over 20 years ago. You have been sleeping with John for 20 years." Sophie asked.

"No, no, at first all we did was talk...through email," Beth replied.

"So in all that time you and he never met?" Sophie questioned.

"True, we planned it several times...but never met till your dad and I made that trip to Boston...to meet Matt and his parents," Beth continued.

"And when was the ...the first time you and he...you know," Sophie hesitated.

"We made love together for the first time right here," Beth commented. By this time she was seated on the bed.

"Is that the only time?" Sophie asked.

"No, I needed to make a run to the store one night and John went with me," Beth stated.

"Then there was the time in the kitchen."

"Nothing happen there," Beth confirmed.

"But it would have? Right?" Sophie inquired.

"Yes, I suppose so."

Sophie just stood there and looked at her mom. She didn't know what to do or say. She had come in here with a purpose. She had come in here to get what she wanted. But what was it she wanted now? To sleep in the same room with Matt? To get that ridiculous punishment lifted. Back and forth she went. She just couldn't decide. It took a while but finally she made her decision.

"What I want is."

"No, absolutely not," Beth interjected. "I refuse to let you and Matt sleep together in this house."

"Please let me finish," Sophie protested. "See what you can do about that ridiculous punishment".

"I don't know, he was really mad," Beth commented.

"Mom, talk to him. Use your charm. Do whatever you have to okay," Sophie insisted.

Beth knew she had no choice. If she didn't give in all would be lost. She knew Sophie would talk.

Beth went off in search of John. He just had to see things her way. Everyone's well-being depended on it. She found him out on the porch.

"We need to talk," she stated.

"Ok," he agreed.

"I have been thinking we were a little hard on the kids, don't you agree babe, I mean John?" she asked.

"Did you just call me?" he questioned.

"Sorry it slipped," she whispered.

"It's ok," he whispered back."And as for being too hard on the kids, no, absolutely not."

"But they are young, and in love," Beth reminded him.

"They still need to respect the rules," John insisted.

"But it was an accident. They didn't plan it."

"Beth, I don't care. They need to know that when you break the rules there are consequences and some of them may not seem fair" he stated.

"I could make it worth your while," she breathed against his ear.

John just looked at her. He looked her up and down. Had she really just said that? He could feel his resolve beginning to crack. He was close to giving in. This woman sure had a hold on him.

"Ok ok," he panted. "But it's gonna cost you."

"I was sure it was going to," she smiled.

While Beth was talking to John, Sophie was talking to Matt. She told him everything. At first he couldn't believe it. He wanted to go confront his dad. But then he looked at Sophie. He noticed how hurt she was. His ranting had brought her close to tears.

"Babe, what do you want me to do," he asked as he took her into his arms. He just couldn't stand to see her cry.

"Right now, nothing," she replied. "My mom said she would handle it."

"Okay, as long as you're sure," he sighed and kissed her forehead.

The visit was coming to an end. Everyone would be leaving the next day. Sophie and Matt were returning to Boston. John and Nancy would return to their lives in New Hampshire and Jeremiah would be back to bible camp. Beth and Branndon would once again be by themselves.

Branndon knew that the extra people in the house meant extra work. Beth did all the cooking and cleaning and never once complained. He knew she had been under some stress as of late, but he had no idea what was really going on. He managed to get a few minutes alone with her.

"You've been sort of busy this week," he commented.

"That comes with having both the kids home and company," she replied.

"But still, couldn't I make it a little easier on you," he implored. He put his arms around her waist.

"And how," Beth asked.

"Well I know my cooking skills unless it's out on the grill are nonexistent," he smiled.

"That's an understatement." Beth agreed.

"You still deserve a night off, hon," he declared.

"Then nobody would eat," she lamented.

"I could, you know, take everyone out to eat," Branndon suggested.

It is quickly decided. Tonight they would eat out. They would be going to Beth and Branndon's favorite restaurant.

Sophie and Matt gave each other a knowing look. They had some news for the family all week. It was just a matter of when and where to tell them. This would give them the perfect opportunity.

John found Matt and Sophie out on the deck.

"I realize that I may have been too hard on you," John relented.

"Ok," agreed Matt.

"I realize, that to forbid you to have any time is a little unfair," he stated.

"It sure is", Matt and Sophie agreed.

"So let's just made sure it doesn't happen again," he insisted. "And it all ends here, right?

"What's ends here?" asked Sophie.

John looked at her.

"Oh, right, " both said.

Later at the Olive Garden as everyone had placed their order and were now waiting for their food. Matt and Sophie stood up.

"Mom, dad, Mr. and Mrs. Barnette, Sophie and I have an announcement," Matt said.

"We have been trying to find a way to tell you all week," continued Sophie.

"We're...engaged!" they both exclaimed.

The whole family celebrated this news. Beth caught John's eye over everyone's head. She knew this wasn't the end for them.