Affairs Ch. 01

Story Info
He gets caught with his best friend's wife.
6.8k words
4.21
79.3k
15
7

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 11/01/2022
Created 03/30/2004
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
MrsA
MrsA
36 Followers

Arriving home from work, I listened to the answering machine as I took of my dirty work boots and clothes. “You have 14 new messages…” says the machine as it continues to play through the recorded list of callers I missed. A barrage of telemarketing calls, one call from the brunette I met last weekend at Charlie’s Bar, another from an ex-girlfriend that just won’t quit and one message from my best friend asking me to return his call right away. Immediately, I dialed his number and waited. I hate calling their place because their machine always picks up but someone is always at home.

“Hey ya’ll! Its me. Pick up the phone.” I say into the mouth piece.

After a moment, I hear a click then Sammy’s sweet voice saying, “One second. I’ll take the phone out to him.”

I hear a series of footsteps and closing doors. As I listen, I begin to wonder why Sammy and I never became friends. I’ve been her husbands best friend since before she came into the picture about 13 years ago yet she seems to indifferent towards me. People tell me she’s funny and smart but in all this time, I’ve never seen it. Suddenly my thoughts are interrupted by Steve’s voice, “Hey, man. I called to tell you I won’t be in town for six months. I was hoping that you could stop by and check on the wife for me when you’re in the neighborhood.”

“I’d be happy to but Sammy doesn’t like me, Steve.”

Steve responds with a laugh, “Look, you’re my best friend. Besides, who else can I trust around her. Most of my friends are dogs!”

“You have a point.” I say as I think about Sammy for a moment. The two met while she was a dancer and she never lost that hard body. “ I’ll drop by when I can. Tell her if she needs anything to call. ”

“I will. Thank you!”

“When do you leave?”

“Monday.”

“Wow. That’s soon!” I responded. We talked for a few minutes about golf and my latest fling then closed the call. From this point on, my weekend was shot to hell because I couldn’t stop thinking about Sammy being alone in that big house in the country for six months.

The weekend passed slowly and Monday came. I got word that I would start working just three miles from Sammy and Steve’s place in two weeks. I would be in the neighborhood often. I scheduled a time to check the site on Thursday afternoon and cleared my schedule afterwards to stop by. I didn’t know what I was going to say or do but I felt compelled to stop by soon.

The week drug on slowly with my usual routine; work, home, messages, eat, sleep. Until finally Thursday arrived. I dressed in my best to meet with the investors and contractors then headed off in my pickup to the job site. We reviewed blueprints, walked the property then quickly devised a plan. The meeting went by quickly as I found my way returning to my truck again to leave. I drove down the highway going over what I might say to Sammy when I arrive. ‘I was in the neighborhood’ seems so clique. I pulled into their long, narrow drive way to find Sammy out front planting flowers. She hears me coming and rises to her feet. Her overalls and work boots were muddy as here her knees and a spot on her cheek. Her hair was hidden beneath a baseball cap except for a few strands that had fallen out about her face and neck.

I exited the truck and approached her, watching as she removed her gardening gloves. She brushed her right hand against her pant leg several times then reached to shake my hand. I quick and friendly yet firm handshake followed by a shy smile. Her eyes sparkled with the color of the sky. My heart began to pitter patter and my palms became sweaty as our handshake ended. “What brings you out here today?” she started.

“I was in the neighborhood.” I said without thinking then wanting to kick myself afterwards. Sammy giggled and offered me a drink. “That would be great. Thank you.” I told her how I came to be in the neighborhood today and offered to help move some boxes into the shed. From the looks of the place, it would be safe to assume that she’s been doing some spring cleaning.

“Thank you but that will have to wait. I just started yesterday and I have more things to put in those boxes.” she said as she smiled and sipped her drink. A silence came over the room. I scanned the room while trying to think of something to say while keeping my eyes to myself. This became a harder task than I imagined. Sensing that I’ve become uneasy, Sammy started by saying “Steve tells me you’ve found a new girlfriend. How’s that going?”

“Going and gone, I’m afraid. It seems that I don’t have much luck with women.”

“Its not luck. Its choices. You pick the easy women. What happened to the thrill of the chase?” she asked in a manner suggesting that she expected no response. She grabbed her drink and made her way to the front door grabbing her gloves from the bar on the way. I quietly followed her into the sunlight. Without word she returned to her business of planting flowers. I glanced around to admire the quiet country. This place is very different from where I live twenty miles away. My attention quickly returns to Sammy who is now on her knees in the moist soil. Her hands carefully remove small plants from their containers then placing them gently in the ground. Her long slender fingers gather dirt to help secure its place.

Making my way to her, I watch as a bee lands on her back. I remember Steve telling me that she was allergic to bees. Kneeling down to shoe it away, she looked up to be from beneath her ball cap. I’m momentarily swept away by the spell she casts upon those who get close enough to see the windows to her soul. She intimidates every fiber of my being yet her naturally sensual ways leaves me thinking things that I should never think about my best friend’s wife. “Bee.” I say to her quickly. “You’re allergic, right?”

“Yes. I am. Thank you. I only have four plants left. I’ll be finished in one minute. Care to join me for a beer? Or do you have other plans?”

“No. I don’t have any plans. Are you sure its okay?”

“Of course.” she said with a knowing smile then continuing on with her chore. “Please, make yourself at home.”

“Thank you.” I said in return. I went to my truck and took off my blazer and tie then tossing them into the passenger seat. I grabbed my smokes and cell phone. As I turned around, Sammy was picking up plastic containers to take to the trash.

“All done.” she says as she walks away. “How ’bout that beer?”

I followed her into the house quietly through the back door and into the kitchen. She bent down to take two long necks from the fridge then handed one to me. I reached for it, touching her hand by accident sending a tingling sensation through my hand and up my arm. “I wonder why we’ve never taken the time to know one another.” I said, thinking out loud.

“I know you through Steve. I know all about everything.” she said with a playful smile that only sparked my curiosity.

“Everything?”

“The important stuff.” she said knowingly.

I sought to change the subject as she obviously knows more about me than I do her. I made small talk then asked when I could return to help with the boxes. While we finished our beers, we made plans for me to stop by again in a week. I have to admit, I was looking forward to that day.

But the week seemed to go on forever and I found that I could think of nothing or no one else.

That Thursday, I reported to work at my usual time. I made plans to be at Sammy’s around 5 o’clock but I got off early. I arrived at their place at three to find Sammy sunning in the back yard. I knew I caught her by the way she threw on a summer dress over her thong and bikini top. Her face was red from being in the heat and her skin glistened in the sun from the tanning oils. The sweet smell of tropical fruits tickled my nose as the soft music from her stereo faded in and out as the breeze came and went. “You’re early!” she says as she makes her way to my vehicle.

I could only smile in return. I couldn’t lie to her and say I was sorry because I wasn’t. I felt like my timing couldn’t have been any better. With few words, I removed the boxes for her and placed them in the storage shed. When I was done, I found her standing on the porch still in her summer dress holding two long necks. I grabbed the bottle from the bottom this time as to not make the same mistake as the last time. We took seats quietly. I couldn’t think of one thing to say when suddenly Sammy says boldly, “I make you nervous. Don’t I?”

I swallow hard and look at her in attempt to say no but the word “yes” came out instead.

“I get that a lot. I don’t understand why but maybe its not for me to understand.” she said in a wise manner before finishing off her beer.

I finished mine then I made plans with her to stop by again in two weeks. “If you need anything…” I said to her.

“..call. I know. Thank you.” she said as she walked with me to the edge of the porch.

As I backed my truck out, I watched as she slipped into the darkness of the porch then disappearing into the house. I knew I couldn’t wait two weeks to see her again. I also knew I couldn’t betray my friend’s trust.

*****One week later *****

One week later, I went bar hopping with my friends. I passed the exit to my house and as if my truck were on auto pilot, I pulled into Sammy’s drive around 3am. She heard me pull in and met me at the door in her robe. “What brings you by? I didn’t expect to see you for another week.”

I didn’t acknowledge her question. I tried to act cool as I walked towards the door. “So, what are you doing?” I said.

“Watching a movie. Its almost over. Come in. I’ll make some coffee.”

“Thank you.” I said as I made my way into the door. She stood to hold the door open for me then locking it when she closed it. I turned around and looked at her from head to toe as she stood looking me dead in the eye. I stepped forward into her personal space. She eased back in her stance a bit but stood her ground. I placed my hand on her hip and moved closer. Her head tilted up to keep eye contact. I wanted to kiss her so badly. With my free hand, I reached up to place it on her cheek then moved in for the kiss. As our lips met, I felt a warmth come over me.

I quickly stepped back stumbling on myself. I placed a hand on the couch and regained my balance. “Coffee?” she said. I nodded and she left the room. How could I? Would she tell Steve? I took a seat on the couch then finished the movie she had been watching.

Within minutes, she returned with two cups of black coffee and joined me on the sofa. “Thank you. What movie is this?” I said in attempt to cover my earlier actions. We talked for a while about the movie. I finished my coffee then said, “I should go. I shouldn’t have come by. I’m sorry.”

“Its okay.” she said as she came to her feet to walk me to the door. “Are you sure you’re okay to drive?”

“Yes.” I responded as she reached for the door. I stumbled again falling between Sammy and the wall. Sammy quickly reached out for me to help me regain my balance. I grabbed her by the arm and shifted my weight so I my back would be against the wall. Pulling her close, I kissed her a second time. Deeply and passionately, we were locked at the lips. Without thought, I begin walking her towards the couch. I lay her down gently then make a move quickly for the tie to her robe.

“I’m sorry. I can’t do this.” she says as she moves from beneath me. Her body language sending signals to the contrary.

I don’t know if it was the alcohol talking or her spell but I said, “I won’t tell if you won’t.”

She turned and gave me a surprised look then quickly turned her attention back to the television. I rose to my feet and snuck up on her from behind. I pulled her into my arms and whispered “I need you. I can’t explain it but its true.” I began by kissing her neck. I could feel her begin to relax in my arms. I reached again for the tie to the robe. I gave it a tug and watched from over her shoulder as it fell open. Still nibbling and kissing her neck, I allowed my hand to cup her breast while the other remained firm on her tummy. “I want you, Sammy.” I whispered again. I felt her inhale deeply then relax against me. I turned her around then took her by her hand to the couch again. As I lay over her kissing her, I fumble to remove my own pants. I push them down to my knees then move that hand to her panties. I pull them aside then ease a finger slightly between her lips. I move my body up and between her legs and guide myself in. As my head enters, she lets out a sigh. Sliding my remaining growing shaft inside, I feel her relax beneath me yet contract herself around my hard member. Holding her close, kissing her, I slide in and out of her hot box.

“More, baby.” she says sweetly. I begin thrusting myself inside. Harder and faster until she was near an orgasm. Just when her breathing became heavy, I pulled out and lowered my head between her legs and began licking her juices. She moaned and wiggled, pulling my hair then exploding on my face.

Just then the door flew open. The two of us quickly shot each other a nervous look then glanced towards the door to find Steve standing there holding his suitcase and garment bag.

***** Busted *****

Steve’s eyes were wild with anger. He threw down his bags and came charging for me. Sammy pulled herself together and sat on the couch; nervous and scared. I yanked my pants up while trying to keep distance between Steve and myself. I was certain that he’d kill me if he got near me. “I think its time for you to go.” he said to me with a stern voice. I quickly exited the house and made my way to my truck. As I backed out, I could hear the two of them arguing inside. I felt bad but I was definitely sober enough to drive now.

I felt like it might be safe to drive by Sammy’s house after about ten days. Steve’s car was gone so I dialed Sammy’s number on my cell phone. I found out that he was on the road again and it was safe to come by. I arrived expecting to see her outside but nothing. I knocked on the door then let myself in. “Hello.” I called out to the house. As I wait for a response, I stand still and quiet. “Hello.” I said again.

“John, I’m in here.” she called from down the hall.

Entering her bedroom, I found her surrounded by boxes and bags. “Steve wants me out before he returns in four and a half months. He’s filed for divorce.” she said sadly.

“Where is he now?”

“In Chicago.” she replied.

“Should I call him?”

“No. I’m sure he wants to kill you, John. I’d stay away if I were you.”

“Can I help you with anything?”

“No. Thanks. I appreciate your help these last few weeks but I think together we’ve caused enough damage for one lifetime. Don’t you?” she replied then returned to packing her things.

I watched quietly for a moment then excused myself to leave. I had a feeling that she didn’t want company.

Three months went by without word from Sammy or Steve. I drove by occasionally but never stopped. I wasn’t sure what I was suppose to do even thought I knew what I wanted to do. My days had fallen back to routine with brief interruptions of thoughts of that night with Sammy. When I arrived home from work, I checked my messages as usual. The first three were from Steve. He didn’t sound angry but I was extremely nervous about calling him after all this time. I dialed his number then waited for him to answer. What happened next came as a big surprise.

“Steve. Its John. How are you?”

“Not bad. Listen I’m calling because I think we need to talk about what happened between you and Sammy.”

“Steve, it was all my fault. I came on strong and wouldn’t take no for an answer.”

Steve interrupted my speech when he said, “John, it takes two to tango. I saw what happened.”

Silence came across the phone lines. I tried to fill it with, “I am sorry.”

“I don’t want you to be sorry, John. I want you to fuck my wife while I watch.”

My mouth almost hit the floor. “Uh, say that again.”

“Be at the house Friday night at 8. Don’t be late.” Steve said just before he hung up the phone.

I have to be honest. I thought he’d lost his mind. Sammy has been his world. How could I have let one drunk night come between me and my best friend?

***** Friday Night*****

I arrived at Sammy & Steve’s promptly at 8. Sammy greeted me at the door. “What brings you by?” She’s wearing a summer dress much like the one she put over her bathing suit a few months ago. I

I wasn’t sure what to say. “I was in the neighborhood.” came out of my mouth. I wanted so badly to take her into my arms but I was afraid to. Just then Steve pulled into the drive. Sammy shot me a concerned look. I smiled in an attempt to put her at ease but I could tell it wasn’t working.

We watched from the window as Steve parked his car. Sammy said sadly, “ I haven’t spoke to him since that night.” She turned and looked at me as if expecting a response.

“He called me a few days ago. He asked me to be here.” I returned honestly. I could tell that she was unsure as to what to do or say. She started to twirl her hair and straighten out her clothes. She looks very sexy in the summer dresses she wears. The pastel colors against her tan skin. Her short, sporty hair cut shows her true sassy nature.

As Steve approached the backdoor, I reached to open it. “Hey. How are you?” I said as he entered and dropped his bags. His gaze remained on his wife who was now standing in the center of the room. The silence combined with the look on Sammy’s face was beginning to make me nervous. I was glad I had positioned myself between him and the door.

“Welcome home.” she whispers to Steve.

A small smile crossed his face. He then gave me a friendly pat on the shoulder and said, “I’m okay. Great to see you.” He then turned to Sammy, “Got any beer?” Without a word, Sammy quickly exited the den leaving me alone with Steve. Nervously, I left the door to have a seat on the couch. Steve sat in his recliner then lit a cigarette. “So, long time no see. Things going well?”

“Yeah. You?” I said then lit a smoke of my own. Just then Sammy returned with three long necks, quietly passed them out then perched herself on the edge of the loveseat.

“Good.” he said then chugged his beer. He took a long drag off of his cig then said, “I’ve been doing a lot of thinking.” As he paused to exhale the smoke, I felt my chest tighten. “I sat alone in my apartment one night drinking. I began to think of the things I saw through that very window and…” he paused a second time and looked towards the floor. He sucked on his smoke once again then continued, “… it turned me on. I had to tug one off right then.” He looked Sammy’s direction. She returned his gaze as he went on to say, “How can I be mad at you for something I’ve been doing all along? You see, I met this gal on the third day of my trip. We were fucking within a week.”

The look on Sammy’s face changed. I could tell that she had suspected this all along. Since I know her as the confrontational type, I also sensed a bit of betrayal from her because I knew she had told him of her suspicions long ago. She looked to me with tears covering her big blue eyes. She grabbed her beer taking a nice long chug. She choked back her own emotions then calmly and clearly said, “Ok. And?”

“And… and I love you. I miss you. You’re my best friend.” Steve said to Sammy. Tears welled up in both of their eyes but that still left me wondering where I stood. “I want to share these experiences with you. I don’t want to hide things from each other.”


I put my cigarette out in the ashtray beside me then sucked down the remaining beer in my bottle. I tried to read Steve’s body language and got nothing except his own nervousness. I looked towards Sammy who still sat on the edge of her seat. Her make-up running slightly from the tears that had fallen. Her eyes shifted from Steve to me. I felt for her. I wanted to hold her and comfort her but I hardly knew her. Steve caught our tense glances and said “After that long ride, I need to use the facilities. Excuse me.” He left the room, closing the door behind him.

MrsA
MrsA
36 Followers
12