Aftermath

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Kevin's laugh interrupted her.

"Help? By spreading hurt and pain? You think to heal our marriage Cindy has to hurt? That I have to? I won't do that because if I did cheat then my marriage will be over. The pain ofmy actions would kill me. I love Cindy. I don't know why I do. Especially after what she did to me, but I do. And if you love someone you don't try to hurt them."

He still loves me. I was beginning...I was beginning to ... Tears started to form in Cindy's eyes.

"Everyone keeps waiting on me to get my revenge. I have no revenge. I just have my pain. Pain I am trying to get away from. That is the only way I can save my marriage. I just hope that my pain hasn't totally driven a wedge between us."

"But she..."

"I know she caused the pain. I know she feels sorrow. But I can't ... I can't get beyond what she said. What she did. She's trying, I know, but I ... I can't move on. But you can't help us. You started all of this. You needed revenge and I became your target when you couldn't twist the screws on Bob enough. If I didn't despise you as much as I do, then I would pity you. Now please. I have been trying for a long time to keep my temper. Not just today. But I have been trying for months. I don't want to blow up. Because I know if I do, then I will get revenge. And I don't want that. I just want my family. Please leave."

Kevin's voice had regained is composure. The unsettling inner calm that bothered Cindy.

He's really trying, Cindy realized, and tears fell from her face. And I can't help. Cindy ... when you get revenge you really get it.

The next Tuesday

"So after you found out your husband loves you, and is doing his best, you move out?" The doctor didn't even try to hide the dismay in his voice.

"Yes. Look I have been in his face every day since the start of this. I have been talking to him, trying to make amends. Showing him that I am waiting. I think that is part of the problem. He has never had a chance to get those horrible images out of his head. He's been trying to force his way through them. And he can't. They have to fade."

"So where are you staying?"

"At my friend Amy's. It's ok except for her dog. He's a bit overly friendly. Don't worry, Kevin has the number and I told him I was giving him space. So he can relax and heal. And we are still going to be attending our sessions."

"What if absence doesn't make the heart grow fonder?"

"Then I will have to deal with it. It will be the price I have to pay for my sins."

Two months later

Cindy looked around the apartment.

"Two months and I still can't get that gal to keep that over grown Scooby Doo off the furniture."

She vacuumed the sofa until a pounding sound gave her pause. Turning off the vacuum, she realized it coming from the door.

"Wait a minute!" she yelled, setting the vacuum down. Who can this be?

The pounding continued until she opened the door. What she saw shocked her.

Kevin stood there ready to continue his assault on the door when she opened it. His hair was a mess. His suit disheveled, but it's his face, his face that was the worst for Cindy. It was a mixture or terror and pain as tears streaking down from his eyes.

"Cin..." he stumbled forward and engulfed Cindy in his arms. As he tightened his grip around her, he started to sob.

"What's wrong? Kevin. Please talk to me!" Cindy returned the hug, selfishly relishing his embrace. It took several minutes for him to calm down, but when he did Cindy heard a son's greatest fear.

"It's mom, she got tested again today. The cancer's returned."

That Thursday

"So your first thought when you found out was to go to your wife."

"No my first thought was to scream but after that I just ... just wanted to be with someone I loved. Someone to support me." Kevin looked to his wife, squeezing her hand lovingly.

Cindy beamed at her husband as he told the Doctor of the latest news.

"And you?" the doctor asked Cindy.

"Well I made sure we went right back to Alice. That was like walking into hell." Cindy shuttered as the memory of the lashing that Alice gave her for her actions to her son. The final act she did before Kevin could get her to return to her bed was to rip off her necklace, Kevin's gift and sling it at the petrified Cindy.

"I have been wanting Kevin to blow up at me for months. To rage against what I did. I am so glad you didn't. If you were anything like your mother then ..." Her voice trailed off as she shuddered again.

"Why do you think we always had problems? I always admired my dad for his cool. He could get through things."

"But," interrupted the Doctor, "your cool almost let your pain eat you alive."

"I guess I just have to really work on getting a better balance, stop trying to be my dad and let more of my mom out." Kevin turned to Cindy; "You think you can deal with me being a little more like her, a little less controlled and more ... volatile?"

"Your mother is a wonderful person, just like your dad was," Cindy squeezed his hand. "I just want you to be you. And if that means having to put up with the Brock temper well then that is what it means."

"God help us if our kids have it too," Kevin laughed, not knowing the joy his simple words brought to his wife.

They drove back to their house listening to the radio and laughing at old eighties hits.

After they parked, Cindy exited the car laughing.

"I can't believe you remember that one! And every line!"

"They weren't that bad ... and you didn't her me making fun of you for singing those New Kids' songs now did you?"

"No but you where humming along."

"No I wasn't!"

"Oh yes...my husband a New Kids On The Block fan!" Cindy joked before seeing the flare in Kevin's eyes, "Oh no. ...Whatever you have in mind...don't you dare," Cindy retreated as he moved towards her, "no stay back ah!!!!"

Cindy raced though the garage getting to the internal house door before Kevin but before she could close it, he reached the door.

"Open this door missy, it will go a lot better for you if you do."

"Oh no ...no you don't I won't let yo...eek!" Cindy screamed as Kevin forced his way into the kitchen. She retreated from him playfully, stumbling to her backside over a chair left out.

"I always tell you to push your chair in but do you listen? Noooooo ... And look at you. Your make up is all askew. I guess we have to clean you up."

A sadistic gleam came to Kevin's eyes as he stopped at the sink. To Cindy's horror, he turned the water on and got out the spray hose.

"Oh God no this is a new dre ... AHHHH!" Kevin drenched Cindy, as she scrambled out of the room.

Panting Cindy decided to taunt him from the living room. "Ha! Can't do anything now can you! Your hose is too short!"

Her laugh was short lived as she heard the door to the refrigerator close.

"That is why my dear I have to be more crafty than everyone else," Kevin replied entering the room, carrying a pitcher of water.

"Where did you get that?"

"Oh I didn't like the temperature of the water so I started placing a pitcher in the cooler every night." Kevin's eyes gleamed, "Now come here...."

Kevin chased her around the room before she was able to knock the pitcher out of his hand at the recliner.

"Oh I'm sorry I'll...." Kevin's lips pressed against hers, cutting off her words.

Kevin slowly wrapped his arms around his wife and lowered her into the recliner. He started to kiss her face as his hands reached for her bra.

"Kevin let me help," Cindy gasped before she quickly tore off her shirt. As his barrage of kisses returned to her face, she freed her breasts.

Kevin made his way down her face, to her neck, then he started to kiss and tease his way down her chest, before he suddenly stopped.

"Kevin.... what" Cindy panted.

"No."

"What?" Cindy could feel the tears start again.

"I said 'no'," Kevin looked up at her, and then the serious look was replaced with a sly grin.

"You get to go first this time." Kevin lifted himself up.

Cindy's eyes dried up.

"Oh but those have to come off, mister," she said, pointing at his pants.

"I wouldn't have it any other way." Kevin removed his slacks and boxers. When he was finished, Cindy got up and motioned for him to sit.

As he did, she rested on her knees in front of him. She bent her face to his legs and started to kiss her way up his leg beginning at the knees. Encouraged by the little moans he gave, she worked her way to his balls kissing and sucking on then before licking her way up one side then down the other of his now engorged cock. She rose up one more time and bent her head down to take him in.

"Wait."

Cindy's heart pounded as she waited for what was coming next.

"Look at...look at me while you do it."

Cindy looked at her husband. " Are you sure? The la.."

"Cindy ... we have to get past all of this. We have to learn to be together...I have to learn. I wa ... I want you to. We need to learn about each other, again."

"Yes again," Cindy hisses. She smiled at her husband as she started to take him in her mouth.

"Oh yes, like that. Oh... I love you ... I love you so much..."

"OUCH! WATCH THE TEETH!"