Again Ch. 2

Story Info
From matchmaking to love.
2.1k words
4.42
14.4k
00

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 10/22/2022
Created 03/26/2002
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Rolling onto her back, Marie threw her arms over her head and basked in the warmth that has come from her soft body. The sunlight softly streaming through her room falls on her face and she turned toward it. Stretching, she remembered her night, and him.


He had kissed her softly on the lips, making her melt against him. All night he had stayed near her side. Finally he helped her clean her kitchen after all her friends had left. Jake had leaned in for that soft kiss, and her world had shifted. She inhaled deeply and thought back to those moments after their lips had parted.

He had stood against the counter of her kitchen and smiled at her. His smile melted her almost as much as his kiss had. He had his head down a bit and had looked at her through his lustrous eyelashes, with a mischievous smile on his face. "I liked that. I hope you don't think I'm forward for kissing you, but, Marie, I had to. And I'm glad I did." His eyes flitting over her, noting her blushing cheeks and her quickened breath.

"I liked it too." She had whispered. It had been a long while since she'd had these feelings coursing through her body. She wanted to lean into his body and kiss him, and feel his body against her own. She wanted more than anything to be touched. But she had held back, knowing if it went too fast it would be ruined. The incredible feelings she was feeling flaming up in her would be burned out too quickly.

"Since all your dishes are done, I think I'll head off." He smiled at her. He wanted so badly to hold her and kiss her. But he too knew the all-too-sweet feeling of holding back, of making it last. "I would really like to get together with you again this week. Why don't I call you tomorrow and we'll set something up?" He took her hand and brushed his thumb over her knuckles, softly soothing her.

She had nodded, too overcome by his presence to respond with words. He lifted her hand and gently kissed the palm of her hand, smiled at her and then had left.

Now here she was, her eyes closed, her warm body enfolded in soft sheets and warm blankets, wishing that he was beside her. Wishing more than anything that his hand was on her arm, his legs behind hers, his back buttressing hers. She sighed deeply and threw back the covers, exposing her naked body to the slight chill in the room. Quickly she wrapped her silk robe around her body and made her bed, smoothing the covers, thinking of the time when he might share her bed.

Moving into the bathroom, she relieved herself, and began her shower. Whereas last night she had stopped herself from imagining all those things that could come from being kissed, this morning those pictures raced through her mind. The only difference being she had a face for her male companion. She soaped her body, imagining his hands on her. She washed her hair, imagining him burying his face in the softness of it, nuzzling her neck. She couldn't help it, her mind had been entranced by his kiss. She moved from the shower after washing herself and looked in the mirror.

She saw the glow in her cheeks and eyes. The soft smile on her face was evidence of how she felt. She wanted to be near him, to hear him speak, to see his eyes. She wanted to know this man who had brought this joy and pleasure into her life. She wanted to be part of him and have him never leave. It wasn't as though her life was joyless, or pleasureless, but the difference she felt in herself was astounding. She felt as if she hadn't known what she had been missing. If she let herself get caught up in this, she would find immeasurable joy.

Dressing for her day at school, she thought about him. Realizing how handsome he was, and how desirable, she felt her old friend of uncertainty creep in. It was irrational. He had kissed her, that showed some desire for her on his part, but she still wondered. Would he hurt her? Would he be another typical male? Pain and uncertainty crept in. She wasn't the waif. She wasn't some athletic model type. Would he find her desirable? She just prayed he would.

Her classes and friends at school had kept her busy enough that her thoughts had not been consumed by the kiss. She had been allowed reprieve during the day and was the better for it. The insecurity hadn't worsened, so when she got to her apartment around four o'clock in the afternoon and there was a message on her voice mail from Jake, the heart pounding was accompanied by a blushing grin.

"Hi Marie, this is Jake Harmison. I'm not good at leaving messages, but I wanted to tell you what a wonderful time I had last night. I am glad Marty brought me. I know we just saw each other last night, but I was wondering if I could take you to dinner? If you're busy I completely understand, but I would love your company for another evening. You can reach me on my cell." He left his number and bid her farewell. Now the heart pounding had increased to a full on roar. Her hands were shaking as she picked up the phone and dialed the number.

"Hello?" She heard his voice.

"Jake? Hi, it's Marie. I just got home and got your message." She said quietly, so nervous she could have swallowed her tongue. She smoothed a hand through her hair, brushing it away from her face.

"Oh hi!" She heard a bit of excitement in his voice, she also heard nervousness there. "Um.. yeah. I was wondering if I could take you out to dinner? Or do you have plans? I understand if you do."

She smiled, he was definitely as nervous as her. "I don't have plans, and I'd like that. Do you want me to meet you somewhere? Where were you thinking of going?"

"Actually, I'll pick you up. I was thinking the little Italian restaurant on Proctor street. What do you think of that?"

"I love Italian food. As evidenced by last night. When should I be ready?" Her pulse was racing again.

"7 pm. I'll be there at 7 to pick you up. I'll see you then."

By ten 'til seven, Marie was nervously pacing around her apartment. She had dressed in a black skirt that was flowing and soft with a nice, sleeveless blouse of a forest green color. She had earrings, necklace and her favorite fragrance on. Now she was wandering around her apartment just tidying up. For the umpteenth time, she checked the clock on the mantel, 6:55 pm. Exasperated with herself she moved to go to the kitchen, to clean up there, but jumped when she heard a knock on the door. Taking a deep breath she went to the door and opened it to see Jake standing there, smoothing his shirt.

"Hi Marie." As he took in her appearance, she took in his. He was dressed in a nice pair of dark brown slacks and a dark blue sweater. His hair was brushed back and pushed behind one ear, while the other side swept forward to mast half his face. He looked clean shaven except for his sexy goatee. "You look beautiful." He said, startling her.

"Oh, thank you. You look very handsome as well." She blushed and looked away. "Let me get my purse and then I'll be ready to go."

He followed her into her apartment, she got her purse and a sweater to keep herself warm, and they left. When they got to his car, he showed his manners by opening her door for her, which was followed by the same when they got to the restaurant. She had never been treated so well by any man, and to be honest, she loved it. It did a lot to soothe her fears that she was going to get hurt by this man.

As they sat down at their table, she smiled at Jake, and he smiled back at her. They looked at their menus, deciding what they wanted, placed their order and then looked at each other again. "Really, Marie, you look beautiful tonight. The green blouse brings out the green in your eyes."

Again, she blushed, and then smiled. "It's not very often that I get out, so when I do, it's fun to dress up. Usually I look like a scrub, but sometimes it's nice to look and really feel like a woman."

"Well, you're beautiful, and I'm guessing it's not just when you dress up, but all the time. I like a woman who knows how to do both." He smiled at her. They continued to talk and break the ice, discovering so much in common that the conversation never got boring. He loved to read as much as she did. They both enjoyed a rainy day snuggled up with a good book and a hot cup of cocoa.

During the progression of dinner they felt at complete ease with each other, like an old friend. At one point, he reached across the table and just touched her hand with his. He laid his arm on the table, not making a big deal about it, and just left his fingers touching her hand. It was as if he wanted to just be in contact with her. Though he couldn't go another moment without touching this amazing woman before him.

She felt the connection between them as well. The feeling of being connected in their words, and also in their hands touching lightly was a heady thing for Marie. Her thoughts turned back to this morning, her bed, in the shower, all the things that had flown through her mind. She could imagine his hands, his fingertips slowly moving over her body. Her naked skin beneath his hand ... She could feel herself responding to her thoughts. She couldn't believe that the little touch of his finger against her hand was enough to bring on all these feelings that she had buried.

When dinner finished, Jake was the gentleman and paid for dinner. He pulled her chair out, helped her on with her sweater and then pulled her hand through the crook of his elbow. The strolled down the street in the night towards his car. She felt like this was a dream. The romantic date she'd always been looking for.

She stood with her back facing her door, and she looked up at him, smiling as they held hands. "I'll call you tomorrow. Maybe you and I can do something this weekend?" He asked hopefully.

"I would really like that. Drive safely when you go home, ok? And have a good day tomorrow." Marie looked up at him, breathing softly through her lips, hoping that he would lean down and kiss her. She felt his hand move up her arms, and come to rest under her hair on her neck.

"I had a wonderful time tonight, Marie, you are an amazing woman." He said as he moved closer to her. She could feel their bodies come in contact as he leaned his head to the side. She watched as his hair fell away from his face, he met her eyes, and then touched her lips with his. She felt his lips move over her upper lip, then he moved to her lower lip, moving his hands both up to cup her face. Her hand crept up to his chin, bringing his face closer to hers. Their lips parted, and he rested his forehead against hers, their hair blocking out the light. One of her hands was resting on his waist, while the other moved to his neck. The two of them stood there for what seemed like an eternity, breathing the same air, until finally Jake spoke. "You are amazing."

She closed her eyes and breathed in his scent and his words. Her feeling was so intense, wanting so much to pull him through the door with her, into her world, into her arms. "Jake..." she couldn't finish.

"Marie, I am so glad I met you." He kissed her lips lightly, quickly again, and pulled back. "I promise I will call you tomorrow." He had the same look on his face as he had last night. His head was down and he was looking through his eyelashes at her. She melted, and took his hand.

"Goodnight." He smiled at her, sultry, full of desire, and stepped away. She didn't let go of his hand until just their fingers touched.

"Goodnight." She whispered.