All Is Fair Ch. 12

Story Info
A secret is revealed
4.4k words
4.69
22.5k
31
Story does not have any tags

Part 12 of the 18 part series

Updated 10/26/2022
Created 02/28/2014
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Helena woke up. She was lying sideways on the bed. All of the sheets were bundled up around her, making most of the mattress bare. Her muscles were stiff. She looked to her side to see Brooks lift his head and smile at her.

"Good morning," he said.

"Good morning to you," Helena replied. "Are we going to make it out of the room today?"

He laughed and reached over pulling Helena towards him. It had been a week since either of them had left the room. She had lost count of how many times they made love. Helena wasn't sure you could classify every time as making love either, sometimes it was so filled with passion and energy it was like they were trying to devour each other.

Today didn't feel any different. Helena didn't think she was physically capable of anything but loving him at the moment. She wasn't sure if his desires had started to fade yet.

Helena kissed his hand and wiggled out of his grasp. She sat up on the bed and looked around the room. The bed wasn't the only thing messed up. There were plates of half eaten food by the door, the couch cushions were thrown around the room. Two blankets were randomly scattered. The items that normally sat on top of Brooks' desk were in a pile on the floor. She was scared to go into the closet, remembering what happened when they decided to try to get dressed. She didn't know if a single item was still on a hanger.

"I have to take a shower," Helena said.

"I can join you," Brooks said.

"Not another one of those showers," Helena said. "A real shower. I need to get clean. I feel almost as dirty as this room."

Brooks lifted his head up and looked around, letting out a loud laugh.

"This past week I never realized what a mess we were making," Brooks said. "But I wouldn't change anything."

He sat up and Helena felt him kissing her back.

"If you start that we're never going to get anything done," Helena said.

"Maybe I'm not ready to move on yet," Brooks said.

His mouth moved to her neck and he started to run his tongue across her artery. She fell backwards knowing she wasn't ready to move on yet either.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

It had been ten days since the night Brooks had taken Helena's virginity. Since then he was incapable of focusing on anything but her. This morning he finally felt ready to rejoin the world. Helena seemed to echo his feelings. Their desire for each other would never fade, but at least it was satisfied for the time being.

Putting clothes on felt strange, Brooks was buttoning up one of his few shirts that didn't get wrinkled during their tryst in the closet. Helena was bent over, trying to put some of the items back on the hangers.

"We should probably just have those all cleaned again," Brooks said.

"I feel bad," Helena said. "We should try to pick up this mess ourselves."

"Are you kidding?" Brooks asked. "I don't even think we could. It's going to take a team. My bet is they're going to fight over who gets to do it too."

"Why?" Helena asks. "I'm just a human and I can tell it smells terrible in here, I can't imagine what it smells like to a wolf."

Brooks finished putting on his shirt and walked over to her. He came behind her and put his arms around her waist, resting his chin on her shoulder.

"I'm not sure you are just a human," Brooks said. "Maybe Zachary was right, I don't think a human could have kept up with me the past week."

Helena let out a laugh.

"Try ten days," Helena said. "And if memory serves me correctly at times you were having a hard time keeping up with me."

"Either way," Brooks said. "Everyone has their place. Every job is important. They would be insulted if we did it for them. And they will fight over it because all the other Omegas will run to them to get the gossip on the Alpha's son and his mate's ten days of debauchery."

"Well then," Helena said. "We should get out of here so they can do their job."

"Are you sure you don't want to come to my office?" Brooks asked.

"I can't," Helena said. "Ten days seems to be a theme with us. It's only ten days until the full moon. I think that I owe it to spend some time with Daphne and see what she has planned. I'm hoping to see Rebecca today too. Really everyone else I care about except for you."

"Are you getting nervous? Excited?" Brooks asked.

It was pretty easy for him to read Helena, but he still thought it was important they discussed any concerns she may have.

"A little of both," Helena said. "When I agreed to the change it was because I thought it was the only way to save myself, but now it feels different. Like I am getting ready to actually start my life. Still, I wish it were sooner."

"We could always go back to bed," Brooks said. "Just spend the next ten days there too."

"Hardy har har," Helena said. "I think if we did that I would break you."

"Is that a challenge?" Brooks asked.

He knew his recent stamina was incapable of repetition. He was surprised it lasted that long. He had expected 3 days, 5 tops, but he couldn't get enough of her. They were making up for lost time. He kissed her on the back of the head, then tucked his shirt in.

"Come on," he said. "I'll walk you to my mother."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

When they walked through the halls the staff of the lodge was getting to work. Helena barely recognized any faces, but they were eager to greet Brooks. He must have been stopped at least ten times by people shaking his hand or patting him on the back. Helena had a feeling their well wishes involved her and she cringed a little at the strangers who had knowledge of her personal life.

"I should get to know more people," Helena said.

"I want you to," Brooks said. "But remember what Zachary said."

"I know," Helena said. "Just because the symptoms are gone the threat isn't over."

"You will be formally introduced the night of your change and then you will get to know everyone," Brooks said. "Some people before then too. My siblings are dying to meet you. One of my sisters is coming in tomorrow."

"How do you know that?" Helena asked.

She wondered when he had the time to come up for air, let alone speak to anyone else.

"When you were in the shower this morning I checked my e-mail," Brooks said. "I got through the first ten of about a thousand."

"It's going to be a long day for you huh?" Helena asked.

Brooks nodded. They were nearing Daphne's office.

"Have you talked to your sister?" Brooks asked.

"Not yet," Helena said. "I'm going to assume she knew what I was up though..."

"Did you remember your phone?" Brooks asked.

"Both of them," Helena said, patting her pocket.

He wrinkled his brow.

"I know the once Rebecca gave me isn't necessary anymore," Helena said. "But I feel like I should at least try to use it for a little while, until the minutes run out. I mean, she did buy it for me."

Brooks leaned over and knocked on Daphne's door. She answered quickly and let out a little scream when she saw Brooks and Helena.

"I was beginning to think I would never see you two again," Daphne said.

She wrapped one arm around each of them and gave a squeeze.

"Don't worry," Daphne said. "I won't ask any questions. I'm not that sort of mom."

Helena took one look at the giant grin on Daphne's face and knew right away she was exactly that kind of mom.

"I thought I could help you today," Helena said. "At least for the morning?"

"I would appreciate that," Daphne said. "There is still lots to be done."

Daphne wrapped her arm around Helena's and started walking her into the office. Helena spun around and waved goodbye to Brooks. He blew her a little kiss and Helena laughed as he walked away.

"There was a bet going around the pack about when you would emerge again," Daphne said. "I'm pretty sure your special time together is a new record."

"Special time?"

"The period of time when two mates first accept each other," Daphne said.

She stared at Helena with unblinking eyes and said it so casually. Helena just nodded her head, hoping the topic of conversation would change.

"Why don't you tell me about the ceremony plans so far?" Helena asked.

Daphne was more than eager to go into great detail about everything she was planning.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

After breaking for lunch Daphne was talking on the phone to another vendor who was somehow affiliated with the pack. Helena had never planned on getting married, but her initial guesses were correct and Daphne was pretty much planning a wedding reception. Helena didn't mind. It was obvious Daphne was enjoying herself, but Helena had little to contribute. She felt a phone vibrate in her pocket and pulled out he small black one Rebecca had given her. There was a text message.

Rebecca: There is a rumor going around that you're back in action, or should I say done getting action.

Helena snickered at the text and typed her reply.

Helena: Some rumors are true. Do you want to get together today?

Rebecca: I have to work, but its Sunday. The bar closes at midnight, ten if we're dead. We could get together when I get off?

Helena: That's a little late for me.

Rebecca: Please???? I haven't seen you in forever.

Helena: I guess so, try to get out early though.

Rebecca: Yay! Get ready to share the details.

Helena laughed and didn't reply. She didn't think Brooks would care if she hung out with Rebecca late tonight. She had a feeling he would be exhausted after his first day back at work. Maybe it would be nice, like a sleepover.

"What's the good word?" Daphne asked.

"It's just Rebecca," Helena said.

Daphne gave Helena a smile with pressed lips. It was easy to tell Rebecca was not her favorite.

"Has Brooks mentioned anything to you about spreading your wings? Starting to meet some of the other pack members?"

"He doesn't think it's safe until after the change," Helena said. "I think he likes to keep me as close as possible. The more people I'm friendly with the harder it will be to keep tabs on me."

Daphne frowned. Helena didn't meant to insult Brooks, she appreciated his protective nature. Helena decided to keep the topic of Rebecca up, maybe she could convince Daphne her sister wasn't so bad.

"Rebecca told me her ceremony was small, just this pack only," Helena said.

"Yes," Daphne said. "She showed up the morning of the full moon and Andrew and her refused to wait until the next cycle. I tried to get them to slow down, then I would have put something together for them."

"You mean Andrew brought her here the morning of the full moon?" Helena asked.

"Nope," Daphne said. "She got lost on the pack property. Andrew helped her with directions. It was love at first sight."

"But they met in Michigan," Helena said.

"What?" Daphne asked. "Why would they have met in Michigan?"

"I'm just a little confused," Helena said.

"I can't help but hold a little grudge," Daphne said. "If Rebecca would have told us about you we would have gone and helped you. You would have been too young to mate, but Brooks would have sensed you were his and helped you until you turned eighteen. It kills me to think you were just a few towns over all those years ago."

Helena was about to tell Daphne she had never been to North Carolina before, that Rebecca left her in Michigan. But Helena stopped herself. Maybe Daphne was remembering wrong, or maybe Rebecca had a reason for her lie. The last thing Helena wanted was to give Daphne another reason not to like her sister though so instead she just nodded. Tonight when she met with Rebecca she would be sure to ask.

"Is something wrong?" Daphne asked.

Helena wanted to change the subject.

"Any word from Zachary?" Helena asked. "About my blood sample?"

"None," Daphne said. "But he will be here for your reception, so if he has any answers you will know by then. Don't worry dear."

Daphne reached out and squeezed her hand. Helena gave a small smile. It wasn't what Zachary would find that was making Helena nervous, it was why Rebecca had lied to her. Another vibration came from Helena's pocket. She pulled out the shiny super hi-tech phone Brooks had given her. There was a text message from him.

Brooks: Having a good day? I miss you.

Helena wondered if he sensed her discomfort. She didn't think that was possible yet, but still his timing had never been more perfect.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"You really don't have to sit with me," Helena said.

Helena couldn't believe how clean the room looked. She never would have guessed it was the same space as this morning.

"Nonsense," Daphne said. "I was thinking about organizing a little girls' night for you. That way you can meet some of the other pack members. What are you nights looking like?"

"I'm pretty open," Helena said. "Are you talking about a...bachelorette party?"

"No, no, no," Daphne said. "We won't leave the pack grounds. But maybe we could get dressed up? Have a special dinner made? Drink some margaritas? Do you sing at all? I could dig up a karaoke machine."

"That sounds like a bachelorette party," Helena said.

"It's different," Daphne said. "Because instead of people you're close with you will be surrounded by complete strangers you are trying to get to know."

None of that sounded like fun to Helena.

"That came out wrong," Daphne said.

The door to the room opened up and Helena stood up from the chair. Brooks came rushing over. He stopped and gave her a kiss on her cheek before hugging his mother.

"Sorry," he said. "I didn't think I would be that late. Thank you for staying with her."

"My pleasure dear," Daphne said. "You two have a great night. Helena let me know about the party."

Daphne walked out of the room. Brooks looked at Helena with a raised eyebrow.

"Party?" He asked.

"Your mom wants to throw me a bachelorette party," Helena said.

Brooks started nodding his head. Helena could tell he wasn't surprised.

"I'm starving," Brooks said.

"I already ordered food," Helena said. "It should be here any minute."

"Wow," Brooks said. "I could get used to this."

"Having a mate who orders you food?" Helena asked. "Because if you think eventually I will start cooking the meals you are mistaken. I can't make anything that doesn't go in a microwave."

"Having a mate who takes initiative," Brooks said.

"Lucky you," Helena said.

She started moving towards Brook and placed a quick kiss on his lips. There was a knock at the door and dinner came in. The two wasted no time and began eating.

"So," Helena said. "What will my day be like after I don't have to help your mother anymore?"

"What do you mean?"

"I hope to have something to do," Helena said. "I understand right now you guys don't want me to be alone, but once that passes. Will I get a job?"

"If you want one," Brooks said.

"That's a little cryptic."

"You can do whatever you want," Brooks said.

"In that case I want to write Russian literature," Helena said. "It's always been my dream to be the next great Russian author."

Brooks shook his head.

"That will be difficult since you're not Russian," he said.

"You said whatever I wanted," Helena joked.

"Do you want to write?" Brooks asked.

"I wouldn't know where to begin," Helena said. "I honestly never gave a career path much thought over the years."

"I hope that you will assist me," Brooks said. "Since one day you will be the Alpha female."

"You're sort of like a problem solver," Helena said. "I'm more of a problem causer."

"I think its more trouble follows you," Brooks said. "How was your day? Did you see your sister?"

Helena shook her head.

"She is working at the bar tonight," Helena said. "I'm supposed to meet up with her when she gets off."

"That late?" Brooks asked.

"It's not like I have to wake up super early for anything tomorrow," Helena said. "Can I ask you a question?"

"Of course," Brooks said.

"Do you remember when Rebecca was turned?"

Brooks nodded.

"How did she meet Andrew?"

"Rebecca didn't tell you?" Brooks asked.

"I sort of didn't ask," Helena said. "Trying to rebuild our relationship, not dwell on the past."

Brooks seemed to accept her explanation, but Helena wondered if he could tell she was lying.

"She stumbled onto our property," Brooks said. "It was a whirlwind day. Andrew and her were adamant she shift that night since it was a full moon. I should have suspected something, at least gone back to the motel she was staying at and looked for you."

"Don't worry about that," Helena said. "I was fine, and we're together now. Do you remember anything else? Was it hot outside?"

"Are you kidding?" Brooks asked. "That was one of the hottest Mays on record. You don't remember?"

"A lot has happened since then," Helena said.

She looked at the ground. Rebecca abandoned her at a Michigan motel in March. What was she doing for two months? Why did she lie?

"I didn't mean to insult you," Brooks said. "I can be a jerk sometimes. It was a long day. I didn't even finish everything."

"Do you have to go back to your office?" Helena asked. "I can come with you."

"If I did that people would be lined up at the door to come see me again," Brooks said. "But I do think I'm going to have to sit at my desk here for a few more hours. Do you think you can find something to occupy yourself?"

"Of course," Helena said. "It's been awhile since I used to stroll the internet, that was once my favorite hobby."

"You're a bit of a computer expert right?" Brooks asked.

Helena shrugged. She knew she was being modest. Her computer had been her best friend for several years.

"Maybe that's something you could do," Brooks said. "Take a look at our infrastructure and see if you can update the pack at all?"

"I wasn't really an IT person," Helena said. "I can create a new identity and hack into private information with some skill."

"You will never have to do any of that again," Brooks said. "But maybe those talents won't be lost, just differently applied."

"Either way," Helena said. "I'm changing into pajamas if we're not leaving the room again tonight."

"What about when you go see Rebecca?" Brooks asked. "Or did you want her to come here?"

"No," Helena said a little to quickly. "I mean, we need some girl time."

Brooks raised an eyebrow.

"Is there something you're not telling me?"

Helena let out her breath and smiled.

"Maybe I'm planning on telling her some details about our private time together," Helena said.

Brooks laughed. Helena kept the smile on her face and wished she wasn't such a good liar. Part of her wanted to tell Brooks about Rebecca's secrets, but Helena reminded herself she owed Rebecca the opportunity to explain herself before she ratted her out to the Alpha's son.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Helena lay on her stomach on the bed. She had she knees bent and feet in the air. Headphones covered her ears as she typed away on her laptop, trying to see if she could break into the pack's security system remotely. Every now and then she glanced over the top of her computer at Brooks who was hard at work at his desk. He would notice her glances and give her a big smile or blow a little kiss. Helena felt loved.

The black phone vibrated on the bed next to her. Helena wasn't surprised it was a text message from Rebecca. She decided long ago it would go better if she confronted her sister in person, that way Rebecca couldn't lie again.

Rebecca: Are you alone?

Helena: Never, remember? Brooks is working at his desk though, I'm fooling around on my laptop on the bed.

Rebecca: Can he see the screen?

Helena: No, why?

Rebecca: I want you to check this video out. Go to getfreemail.com, account name: Becca123, password Becca123. Don't let Brooks see you watching.

12